TAR 25: Adam Dirks and Bethany Hamilton "Soul Surfers"

(1/9) > >>

georgiapeach:

#SoulSurfers

Name: Bethany Hamilton
Hometown: Princeville, Hawaii
Connection to your teammate: Wife
Current occupation: Pro Surfer and Motivational Speaker
Describe what you do: I travel the world surfing unique locations and compete against the best women in the world. I love surfing. I also speak to different groups in the U.S. and internationally, motivating them to live a life of overcoming!
3 words to describe you: Determined, positive and adventurous.
Favorite hobbies: Surfing, tennis, working out, creating healthy meals and hanging with my hubby and dogs.
What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Surfing with one arm!
What famous person reminds you of yourself? Anna Sophia Robb. She played me in the movie Soul Surfer chronicling my story.
What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Matthew McConaughey
What scares you most about traveling? Being away from the ocean and long sits on planes.
What excites you most about traveling? I love seeing the unique beauties of other countries, experiencing different cultures and doing it with Adam.
Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: I’m a girl and I’m more emotional. Plus, I have one arm.
Pet peeve about your teammate: When he doesn’t share.
What country and place would you most like to visit and why? I’ve always wanted to go to Madagascar because it seems remote and adventurous. Peru, to surf and Machu Picchu. Also, Israel because it’s a bible land.
What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? I hope Adam and I have a fun time adventuring in different countries and doing challenges. I hope we can have great teamwork and communication. I just want to have a blast!

Name: Adam Dirks
Hometown: Princeville, Hawaii
Connection to your teammate: Husband
Current occupation: Professional husband. Full-time support.
Describe what you do: Switching my life from full-time youth ministry and substitute teacher to married life has been an amazing experience. I love being with my wife as she travels so often and being her rock, support and encourager for life.
3 words to describe you: Hard-working, easy-going and patient.
Favorite hobbies: Surfing, adventure (hiking, exploring, etc.) and spear fishing.
What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Having awesome friends.
What famous person reminds you of yourself? Tom Cruise.
What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Amelia Earhart.
What scares you most about traveling? Not being able to communicate well with people in foreign countries and getting lost!
What excites you most about traveling? Experiencing new cultures and sharing those adventures with my best friend/wifey.
Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together:
We sometimes have a hard time communicating when we are frustrated with one another. I want us to be more open and talk about these frustrations before they build up into something bigger.
Pet peeve about your teammate: Sometimes she eats with her mouth open.
What country and place would you most like to visit and why? New Zealand or Iceland. They are both beautiful and have tons of outdoor adventures like surfing, hiking and extreme sports.
What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? I hope the experience will test our relationship, draw us closer and strengthen our marriage.

georgiapeach:
VIDEO!

https://www.youtube.com/v/r8JN9jGJ8Hk

georgiapeach:
saved

RachelLeVega:
Adam & Bethany... :<3

I've read about Bethany's story countless times in sports magazine articles at the doctor's office. She obviously is a wonderful woman with a giant heart and I'll say the same thing for Adam. I've said this in my head a couple times and I'll type it down: I give mad (great) respect to Bethany for dealing with the trauma of a near-death experience, loving her life even as an arm amputee, and continuing the pursue her life as a surfer after surgery. She is a courageous and brave woman who should never ever ever be underestimated.

Adam is a very lucky man indeed. I hope they had a wonderful time on the race.

gamerfan09:
Bethany <3

Having watched Soul Surfer, her story is really inspiring and I am definitely rooting for them.

What I AM worried about is CBS editing them like Dave/Connor. :res:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version