Author Topic: CBS TAR 25 CAST REVEAL!  (Read 3762 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
CBS TAR 25 CAST REVEAL!
« on: August 28, 2014, 09:25:04 AM »
CBS ANNOUNCES THE CAST FOR THE MILESTONE 25TH EDITION OF THE EMMY AWARD-WINNING SERIES “THE AMAZING RACE,” PREMIERING FRIDAY, SEPT. 26
This Year’s Emmy Award Winner For Outstanding Reality-Competition Program Races To A New Day And Time, Fridays At 8:00 PM This Fall
Series Introduces New Game-Changing Element, “The Save”
CBS announced today the 11 teams racing around the globe for the opportunity to win the $1 million dollar prize, on the new season of THE AMAZING RACE. The show premieres on its new day and time, Friday, Sept. 26 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Phil Keoghan (@philkeoghan) is the host.
This season of THE AMAZING RACE, which marks the 25th edition of the 10 time Emmy Award-winning series, will feature 11 new teams, including professional surfer Bethany Hamilton and her husband Adam Dirks, Boston firefighters Michael Ward and Scott Strazzullo and professional wrestlers Robbie E. Strauss and Brooke Adams. 
The Race kicked off in May with the first ever public start from Times Square in New York City where Phil Keoghan introduced a new game-changing element, “The Save.” The team-that finishes first in the premiere episode will be awarded “The Save,” which they can use to rescue themselves if they come in last on a leg and face elimination.
Teams this season will be put to the test as they travel through eight countries and 20 cities, spanning more than 26,000 miles.  For the first time in the show’s history, the Race will visit St. Thomas, Virgin Islands, where teams will fly high in the sky; Valletta, Malta, where they’ll rappel 200 feet into a breathtaking Blue Grotto sea cave; and the Shetland Islands, Scotland, to test their sheep-herding skills.

Following are the 11 teams, listed in no particular order:
Name: Adam Dirks
Hometown: Princeville, Hawaii
Connection to teammate: Married
Name: Bethany Hamilton
Hometown: Princeville, Hawaii
Follow on Twitter: @bethanyhamilton
Follow on YouTube: TheBethanyHamilton
Name: Maya Warren
Hometown: Madison, Wic. 
Connection to teammate: Food scientist and friend/co-worker
Follow on Twitter: @MayaWarren

Name: Amy DeJong
Hometown: Madison, Wisc.
Connection to teammate: Food scientist and friend/co-worker
Follow on Twitter: @AmyEDeJong
Name: Dennis Hour
Hometown: Tustin, Calif.
Connection to teammate: Dating
Follow on Twitter: @DennisHour
Name: Isabelle Du
Hometown: Tustin, Calif.
Follow on Twitter: @isabelledu

Name: Brooke Adams
Hometown: Houston, Texas 
Follow on Twitter: @realbrookeadams

Name: Robbie E. Strauss
Hometown: Woodbridge, N.J. 
Follow on Twitter: @robbieeimpact

Name: Whitney Duncan
Hometown: Nashville, Tenn.
Connection to teammate: Engaged
Follow on twitter: @whitneyduncan
Name: Keith Tollefson
Hometown: Nashville, Tenn.
Connection to teammate: Engaged
Follow on twitter: @keithtollefson
Name: Kym Perfetto
Hometown: Brooklyn, N.Y.
Connection to teammate: Friends
Follow on twitter: @kymnonstop
Follow on YouTube: KymNonStop

Name: Alli Forsythe
Hometown: New York 
Connection to teammate: Friends
Follow on Twitter: @alliforsythe
Name: Lisa Thomson
Hometown: Miami Beach, Fla. 
Connection to teammate: Sisters
Follow on Twitter: @LisaAThomson
Name: Michelle Thomson
Hometown: Miami, Fla.
Connection to teammate: Sisters
Follow on Twitter: @IsellMiami
Name: Michael Ward
Hometown: Boston, Mass.   
Connection to teammate: Friend and fellow firefighter
Name: Scott Strazzullo
Hometown: Boston, Mass.
Connection to teammate: Friend and fellow firefighter
Name: Misti Raman
Hometown: Columbia, S.C.
Name: Jim Raman
Hometown: Columbia, S.C.
Name: Shelley Porter
Hometown: Detroit, Mich.
Connection to teammate: Mother 
Name: Nici Porter
Hometown: Detroit, Mich.
Connection to teammate: Daughter
Follow on Twitter: @PrettyEyesRTB

Name: Timothy Tsao
Hometown: Pasadena, Calif. 
Follow on Twitter:
Name: Te Jay McGrath
Hometown: Pasadena, Calif.   
Connection to teammate:  Dating 
CHEAT TWEET: #AmazingRace is celebrating 25th trip around the world! The adventure begins Fri., Sept. 26 @ 8/7c! Meet the new cast! http://bit.ly/1zKvfhv
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 10:15:44 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: CBS CAST REVEAL!
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 02:05:13 PM »
New Season, New Twist Racers Will Have a Chance to Save Themselves from Elimination

Posted on Aug 28, 2014 06:30am

This season of THE AMAZING RACE, which marks the 25th edition of the 10 time Emmy Award-winning series, will feature 11 new teams, including professional surfer Bethany Hamilton and her husband Adam Dirks, Boston firefighters Michael Ward and Scott Strazzullo and professional wrestlers Robbie E. Strauss and Brooke Adams.

This season also includes a unique and powerful new addition to the race. Before Racers crossed the starting line in May with the first ever public start from Times Square in New York City, host Phil Keoghan introduced a new game changing element, “The Save.” The team that finishes first in the premiere episode will be awarded “The Save,” which they can use to rescue themselves if they come in last on a leg and face elimination.

Teams this season will be put to the test as they travel through 8 countries and 20 cities, spanning more than 26,000 miles. For the first time in the show’s history, the Race will visit St. Thomas, Virgin Islands where teams will fly high in the sky; Valletta, Malta where they’ll rappel 200 feet into a breathtaking Blue Grotto sea cave; and the Shetland Islands, Scotland to test their sheep herding skills.

Don't miss the season premiere of The Amazing Race on its new day, Friday, September 26th 8/7c on CBS.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/news/1003033/
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2014, 05:30:03 PM »
Umm... Have you guys seen the teams' videos? Like, half the teams are talking about making alliances, I even confused myself if I was watching Survivor contestants.

What is going on?! I don't recall anyone speaking of plans of making alliances on a presentation video EVER.
I really hope this doesn't turn into another 24-like season of let's-help-each-other-out :/ :'(

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2014, 06:01:05 PM »
It seems to be a consequence of the U-Turn. Teams are no longer able to just RACE, they must constantly be aware of their social game as well. I liked it best when teams had their own fate in their own hands, and succeeded or failed solely based on their own choices and decisions.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2014, 07:59:57 PM »
It seems to be a consequence of the U-Turn. Teams are no longer able to just RACE, they must constantly be aware of their social game as well. I liked it best when teams had their own fate in their own hands, and succeeded or failed solely based on their own choices and decisions.
I agree. But then we can get a cast like TARAuvNZ who work with anyone and turn their backs on anyone at the drop of a hat. lol
So part of it too is casting I guess, it would be great to have teams who don't care about their image and just Race (but not too much *cough*John&Murray*cough*) hehe

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2014, 10:25:58 AM »
I agree. But then we can get a cast like TARAuvNZ who work with anyone and turn their backs on anyone at the drop of a hat. lol
So part of it too is casting I guess, it would be great to have teams who don't care about their image and just Race (but not too much *cough*John&Murray*cough*) hehe

Imagine a Season of just John&Murray-Esque Teams! Controversial, but I'd say it would be soooo unpredictable, it would be great!  :lol:
But yea, I agree, I really hope they don't all form Alliance's just to stay in the Race. :groan:

Its for this reason teams like John & Murray, and Jet & Cord were great.  They ran their own race. (Even if the majority of fans didn't like them)
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2014, 02:12:37 AM »
It's funny, having just 1 John & Murray is annoying, but having a whole cast full of them would actually be interesting and plenty dramatic, I would think.  Just having teams who are competitive and really are here to win (but of course also to enjoy the Race).  Not teams who are more concerned with making friends in the hopes they won't get U-Turned or need answers in the future.

I just watched all the team intro videos and yeah, the overall sense is teams are very aware of their social game like this is Survivor or BB.  When it shouldn't be.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2014, 08:04:44 AM »
If they want teams to be truly competitive with each other and have less alliances, then the UTurn has to go. It ONLY fosters a "be nice" social game, almost forces a team to make alliances, and takes the power in the race out of a team's own hands...
RFF's Golden Rule: