Author Topic: Next Week TAR will have a double episode. #Boycott7 (except TAR of course)  (Read 3106 times)

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
Hello RFF.

7 have announced that next week will be a double episode  :groan: :gaah: :o :crazy:.

Of course this is probably because 7 didn't have faith in the show in the first place because they didn't give it a 7:30 slot for something that should be on in a family friendly time-slot (finishing at 10pm is not family friendly and that's for a normal episode). This double episode just the final nail in the coffin.   

Source: http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2014/08/update-the-amazing-race-aus-v-nz.html

Please I ask you all to #Boycott7 (except TARAu, of course) until they either renew the show for season 4 or give up the rights to TAR so another network can give this show the treatment it should deserve.

Also feel free to rant with me.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 08:22:06 AM by theamazingracer21 »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Next Week TAR will have a double episode. #Boycott7
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 05:18:54 PM »
Boycotting does NOT seem like the answer to me. Getting MORE not less people to watch seems the way. Why would you want to ask people to NOT watch? Throw a party! Invite a crowd!

I love the idea of MORE TAR!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Next Week TAR will have a double episode. #Boycott7
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 06:44:35 PM »
He says to boycott channel 7 and ONLY watch TARAus and nothing else.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
ok

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Does anyone know if this Double episode will happen in New Zealand as well?

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
Does anyone know if this Double episode will happen in New Zealand as well?

I will have a check of things.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Of course this is probably because 7 didn't have faith in the show in the first place because they didn't give it a 7:30 slot for something that should be on in a family friendly time-slot (finishing at 10pm is not family friendly). This double episode just the final nail in the coffin.   

This pretty much.

No doubt the timeslot is killing the ratings. Those timeshifted ratings indicate that most people find it too late to watch when it airs, and they catch up later or dont bother at all. These double episodes will just further crush ratings, it's clear at this point seven has given up on this being a ratings chance and just wants to end the series ASAP.

But of course, it's not like anything other than XFactor is a ratings booster for seven at this time of year. Why reruns of Border Security and Highway patrol get primetime spots on Wednesday nights is beyond me.

It's not like seven doesn't know how to fix this, everywhere you read people are pleading them to move this to an earlier timeslot. They've just chosen to ignore it :(

Offline tar fan

• RFF Jr. Member
 (:;) (:;) (:;) Channel 7's programming has annoyed me for years.  :groan: :groan: :groan: