Author Topic: Ranking EVERY SURVIVOR EVER (400-399 UP!)  (Read 17395 times)

Offline Cagayawn

• RFF Full Member
Re: Ranking EVERY SURVIVOR EVER (404-403 UP!)
« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2014, 07:09:28 PM »
- 402 -
SPENCER BLEDSOE

Mhm. It's that time again.

Before I delve into why Spencer is awful, I should probably retell my experience watching him. At first, I actually liked him. He wasn't my #1 in the season at any point of time, but he was definitely up there. However, when the merge came around, he started to get kinda bad? He went from a young player who narrowly escaped elimination to a whiny negbitch. He wasn't terrible at that point, but I stopped liking him.

Then, the finale came around. Oh boy, did the finale ever come around. Spencer did the following three things in the finale to make me loathe him, ranked on levels of forgivability:

1) He called Kass a braindead weasel. Believe it or not, this was the best of three awful things he did during the finale.

2) His jury speech. Although he apparently didn't write it himself, he still delivered it AND lived with the satisfaction and smugness that he helped Tony win, when Tony was going to win anyways. Calling Woo a dog, Kass a goat, and scolding the jury for having normal human emotions with the utmost self-righteousness was HORRENDOUS.

3) His final words. I had a strong feeling that Spencer was a fun-sucking annoyance, but calling Survivor "miserable" solidified it as FACT. He really DID suck the fun out of so many moments in the merge, including the idol hunt, quite a few challenges, and basic camp life in general.

Looking back after watching the finale, I realized that Spencer had been awful and fun-sucking the entire season, but it was too subtle for me to pick up on. I guess I was busy loving Morgan in the pre-merge to notice his awfulness.

Spencer was also kind of boring, too. He got a huge amount of airtime - too much than he deserved, in my opinion. Tony also got a TON of airtime, but at least he was majorly affecting the game throughout the merge. All Spencer did was come in and win a challenge or two, spark Tony's paranoia once (ALTHOUGH I CREDIT TASHA WITH THAT MOVE MUCH MORE!!!!), and bottomfeed until his eventual and glorious elimination.

I know 0% of the readers of this thread will agree with this opinion, and I'll probably get flak for it, but I really don't care. I found Spencer's confessionals to be more toneless and boring than "witty" or "funny". This especially rings true when watching ACTUAL funny narrators like Rob C. do what they do best. At the very least, Spencer left something to be desired.

Spencer ranks this high because I imagine he's not a horrible human being in real life.

- 401 -
ALICIA ROSA

Basically, Alicia spent her lengthy stay on OW bullying Christina with Colton - at least, until Colton left. Her treatment of Christina was awful and felt racially-powered imo. She did apologize for her general awfulness, which I can definitely appreciate, but she was an overall uncomfortable and unwanted presence on a relatively-bad season. Not much more I can say.

With that, we've reached the top 400!

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Ranking EVERY SURVIVOR EVER (404-403 UP!)
« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2014, 07:12:26 PM »
Spencer is so overrated and was outsmarted by most players in the game. So I agree with that decision

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Ranking EVERY SURVIVOR EVER (402-401 UP!)
« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2014, 08:07:43 PM »
While Spencer was not the most positive player, slightly overrated, and I agree with you on #3, his overall gameplay (IMO) should cause him to be in the top 250 at least.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2014, 09:07:15 PM »
While Spencer was not the most positive player, slightly overrated, and I agree with you on #3, his overall gameplay (IMO) should cause him to be in the top 250 at least.

I agree he should be ranked higher than the likes of Kourtney from One World, like seriously  :funny:

Offline Cagayawn

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #54 on: September 02, 2014, 09:32:01 PM »
~ THE FALLEN ~

BORNEO
N/A

MARQUESAS
N/A

PEARL ISLANDS
N/A

VANUATU
N/A

PALAU
N/A

GUATEMALA
N/A

TOCANTINS
N/A

NICARAGUA
N/A

CARAMOAN
N/A

BLOOD VS. WATER
N/A

AUSTRALIAN OUTBACK
418: Alicia Calaway

THAILAND
409: Brian Heidik

THE AMAZON
404: Roger Sexton

PANAMA
420: Terry Deitz

FIJI
421: James "Rocky" Reid

CHINA
414: Denise Martin

MICRONESIA
406: Joel Anderson

GABON
412: Corinne Kaplan

PHILIPPINES
408: Jeff Kent

CAGAYAN
402: Spencer Bledsoe

AFRICA
403: Brandon Quinton
413: Tom "Big Tom" Buchanan

SAMOA
416: Ben Browning
422: Russell Hantz

SOUTH PACIFIC
407: Jim Rice
411: Brandon Hantz

ONE WORLD
401: Alicia Rosa
423: Colton Cumbie

COOK ISLANDS
410: Sundra Oakley
417: Yul Kwon
419: Becky Lee

REDEMPTION ISLAND
405: Matt Elrod
415: Natalie Tenerelli
424: Phillip Sheppard

Currently, Redemption Island and Cook Islands are doing the worst, while many seasons have yet to lose a player.

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2014, 03:07:00 PM »
"The Fallen" <3
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #56 on: September 03, 2014, 07:36:55 PM »
Yeah Spencer's speech was horrifying but I was actually okay with him for the rest of the season, though yeah his Kass comments were out of hand

Offline Cagayawn

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #57 on: September 03, 2014, 09:32:13 PM »
I've started school again and it's been busier than ever. Updates might so down considerably.

- 400 -
ANDREW SAVAGE

Savage reminds me EXACTLY of Spencer. He was a major male figure in his season who whined about how hard Survivor was until he was gloriously kicked off. Of course, the necessary "ick" moments that warrant such a low placement are present; what sticks out for me was how be bitched about Lillian returning TO. HER. FACE. during the entire night. The Outcasts twist was pretty dumb, but it was obvious the complaining Savage did was done on a personal level. Due to his douchebaggery, Lillian joined forces with Drake (<333333) and owned his ass of the island.

He ranks higher than Spencer because he was eliminated right at the merge instead of towards the end of the game.

BTW I must say now that Pearl Islands is my favorite season and has the second-best cast (after Nicaragua <3), so expect most of its members to do well.

- 399 -
ALEX ANGARITA

Ugh. If the Aitu 4 is my least favorite alliance in Survivor history, the Horsemen are my second-least favorite. All of its members were either boring or downright awful, and Alex falls into the latter category. Basically, Alex was an annoying and unlikable presence throughout Fiji, with his overly inflated ego and slight sexism. However, he doesn't get really awful until his jury speech.

Alex's jury speech is one of the all-time worst in the show's history. Alex started to freak out at Cassandra of all people, yelling at her at the top of his lungs. It was a genuinely uncomfortable and horrible event to watch, and it caused EARL, out of all of the finalists, to win.

Alex wasn't legitimately demonic, but his horrendous jury speech was enough to bring him to the bottom 30 of this ranking.

Next two people out were both on the jury. One male, one female.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Re: Ranking EVERY SURVIVOR EVER (400-399 UP!)
« Reply #58 on: September 18, 2014, 09:36:49 PM »
Tbh, I think every name whom I can't even remember should be ranked lower than those that I can.

And Yul at #417. You kidding me?

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #59 on: September 19, 2014, 06:25:55 PM »
Tbh, I think every name whom I can't even remember should be ranked lower than those that I can.
#truthbetold

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: September 19, 2014, 08:21:26 PM »
#truthbetold
Jobby is pouring the truth tea

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: September 19, 2014, 08:28:54 PM »
Yul is ZZZ

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #62 on: September 22, 2014, 10:55:57 PM »
But at least you remembered him. Now, how about names like..................

Oh I can't remember. :funny:

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2014, 02:12:27 AM »
that woman who was medevaced D1? Lol

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #64 on: September 23, 2014, 08:09:18 AM »
that woman who was medevaced D1? Lol

Who's she? Omg. There's so many Survivors we can do a Guess Who? game. :funny: