Author Topic: TAR Canada 2: Ep 7 "Lest We Forget" August 19  (Read 13562 times)

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR Canada 2: Ep 7 "Lest We Forget" August 19
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2014, 01:29:08 PM »
Can we spec about this episode? 

I hope so as I'm about to do it.

The alcohol in the previews is most likely cider as that region of France is a major cider producer, especially something called calvados, a distilled apple brandy. It's also home to two French national stud farms (horse breeding).

Pit stop Juno Beach perhaps? Be a fitting place! Would love it to be Vimy Ridge, but that's a nearly 350km drive (and we know they're self driving in the previews). Is there any precedent in other versions of having teams drive that far in a single leg?
TAR4 Le Mans to Marseilles: 892 km.

Multiple legs in TAR8 had lots of long selfdriving segments

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2014, 01:43:38 PM »
http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/television/2014/08/18/the_amazing_race_canada_heads_to_juno_beach.html

Veteran Jim Parks will greet the teams at Juno Beach. Yes it does say this will be the finish line for this leg. Parks landed there on D-Day.  Everyone better have some Kleenex handy!
The article also explains production's agenda to have Canadian connections on international legs.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 01:50:47 PM by WindsorSue »

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2014, 02:06:11 PM »
http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/television/2014/08/18/the_amazing_race_canada_heads_to_juno_beach.html

Veteran Jim Parks will greet the teams at Juno Beach. Yes it does say this will be the finish line for this leg. Parks landed there on D-Day.  Everyone better have some Kleenex handy!
The article also explains production's agenda to have Canadian connections on international legs.

Great choice for a Pit Stop, and Greeter. I can tell from that article that they really wanted this leg to be something special to Canada :)

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2014, 02:26:00 PM »

Great choice for a Pit Stop, and Greeter. I can tell from that article that they really wanted this leg to be something special to Canada :)
I knew that would attract your attention Maanca! LOL That explains why they released the information ahead of the show...even though the pit stop location and the greeter's connection was a given anyways.

Offline TAR789

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2014, 03:29:19 PM »
Do we see Ryan & Rob in any of the promos? Hoping that it's just because of their non existing edit, and not them missing their flight to France, resulting in coming in last place.

In the new promo on Facebook, there's a pic of Mont Saint Michel, which is 78 miles southwest of Caen.

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2014, 04:28:36 PM »
Do we see Ryan & Rob in any of the promos? Hoping that it's just because of their non existing edit, and not them missing their flight to France, resulting in coming in last place.

In the new promo on Facebook, there's a pic of Mont Saint Michel, which is 78 miles southwest of Caen.

I think it's the edit. I am hoping now that Rex and Bob are gone, they will concentrate on on other teams for the humour.
As for Mont Saint Michel...do you mean the silhouette in the France logo? I see that more as a reference to Normandy and it's most prominent landmark. Would they travel that much further westward in this leg? Could it be a starting point for the next leg?

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2014, 09:46:05 AM »
New sneak peek with Pete having a hard time with math. "I hate Math and Science."
http://www.ctv.ca/TheAmazingRaceCanada.aspx?vid=418991

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2014, 11:45:53 AM »
Via that Toronto Star article, interesting this was meant to be the first leg!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2014, 09:50:08 AM »
A really great interview with Jim Parks on Canada AM. Sorry, I could not find a separate video clip for this. His interview starts at the 01:20:48 mark (7:43 am). He lied about his age...he was 15 and in grade 9. On D-Day, his carrier when down, and he lost his weapon. He still visits schools to speak to children.
http://canadaam.ctvnews.ca/video?binId=1.815908

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2014, 10:15:13 AM »
Apparently CTV has taken the full episode video down from its site. Does anyone know why?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2014, 10:20:47 AM »
A really great interview with Jim Parks on Canada AM. Sorry, I could not find a separate video clip for this. His interview starts at the 01:20:48 mark (7:43 am). He lied about his age...he was 15 and in grade 9. On D-Day, his carrier when down, and he lost his weapon. He still visits schools to speak to children.

So lovely. I think this is the direct link?

http://canadaam.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=419965&playlistId=1.1967505&binId=1.815911&playlistPageNum=1
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2014, 10:30:52 AM »
Apparently CTV has taken the full episode video down from its site. Does anyone know why?

How odd. Call the media dept and ask? Their #'s are all listed. glad I saw it yesterday!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2014, 10:50:12 AM »

So lovely. I think this is the direct link?

Yes I just found it on Twitter!

http://canadaam.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=419965&playlistId=1.1967505&binId=1.815911&playlistPageNum=1

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2014, 01:46:59 PM »
And the VIDEO is back up. ???
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2014, 04:09:33 PM »
CTV AND INSIGHT PRODUCTIONS CORRECT CLIP IN TUESDAY NIGHT’S EPISODE, 'LEST WE FORGET'

As the result of an editing error, an archival image of German POW soldiers being led by Allied forces was unintentionally displayed for three seconds alongside clips of Canadian soldiers on Tuesday night’s broadcast of "The Amazing Race Canada," entitled “Lest We Forget”. The image was displayed while Racers read from an inscription at the Bčny-sur-Mer Canadian War Cemetery in Normandy, France.

One of our viewers thankfully brought this to our attention and producers have since replaced it with an image of the Bčny-sur-Mer Canadian War Cemetery for all future encore broadcasts of the episode.

Reflecting on Canada’s emotional connection to Normandy and one of this country’s most impactful moments in world history – D-Day, and the end of the Second World War – Tuesday’s episode resonated with viewers who flocked to social media to share their messages of support for Canadian soldiers past and present.

CTV and Insight Productions apologize if the inadvertent use of this image distracted in any way from what was a heartfelt tribute to the Canadian Forces.

Source:http://www.ctv.ca/TheAmazingRaceCanada/Articles/Season-Two/amazing_race_canada_corrected_clip_lest_we_forget.aspx