Author Topic: TARAus 3 Episode 2 SHOW Updates and Discussion *SPOILERS*  (Read 13323 times)

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TARAus 3 Episode 2 SHOW Updates and Discussion *SPOILERS*
« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2014, 07:14:50 AM »
Wow, what a cool leg design! It felt like an improved version of TAR13's visit to Cambodia! If only the spiders were after the equalizer...
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2014, 07:16:44 AM »
Overall I think that was a really good leg! A lot of drama, exciting tasks, some great places visited (Angkor Wat and the Baphuon Temple) and a really solid leg overall, plus I was happy with who went home :lol:

Much better than Leg 1 and it certainly raises my expectations a bit thankfully!

Excited about that U-Turn next week, plus Thailand looks beautiful.
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2014, 11:30:34 PM »
Just watched the leg and I must agree with racer. Good tasks, drama and scenery. I didn't want that the episode end because of how entertaining it was.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2014, 12:57:37 AM »
Elizabeth & Todd  :'(

Some teams got to my nerves.

IDK but is Shrimp that hard? Some teams seems not to start do the task yet when other teams already finished the Shoot task.

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2014, 01:45:42 AM »
Love this leg! It's been a while since Cambodia was visited (last time I watched was in TAR15) and this leg seems really interesting!

My impression and comments in this leg:
1. I don't like John & Murray's racing style. I hope they're U-Turned next leg. :res:
2. The Roadblock seemed pretty confusing. It makes you have to be lucky enough to choose the right monk.
3. Love Aston & Christie expressions when they're eating the tarantula! When they took the live one into the plate, it's priceless!
4. The Detour seemed pretty far between each other.

IDK but is Shrimp that hard? Some teams seems not to start do the task yet when other teams already finished the Shoot task.
I think the problem is shrimps are pretty rare in the location, so the boat had to take the teams to where they think had many shrimps underwater.
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: August 12, 2014, 09:17:59 AM »
Loved the leg even more than last week! Aston & Christie are just hilarous!  :funny:

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: August 12, 2014, 09:56:28 AM »
Exciting leg, and open to anyone to win. But that had to be one of the worst uses of the Express Pass. John and Murray seem to be easily flustered and not so cohesive as a team, they almost completely losted when they had problems at the Shoot detour. I hope they get eliminated quickly.

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: August 12, 2014, 10:01:10 AM »
One thing I don't like is two equalizers. If they have time picking at ticket office....

Offline WalterC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2014, 02:08:41 PM »
Finally got around to watching these 2 episodes. I'm glad to see I was not the only one who was not really feeling it for the 1st episode, as I found myself tuning out at times.

I thought the 2nd episode was an improvement, once teams from both countries no longer had the home field advantage. This was where the meat and potatoes of the race really begins, sort of speak.

It will take some getting used to Grant being his reserved self again with Aussie accent, after seeing him attempt an American accent for 1 season of "Defiance", and actually show a lot more emotion and literally kick some ass in that show. Speaking of which, time to change my avatar.  :)

So happy to see John & Murray not win the leg. I have no problem with them being the lone wolf of the race, but the way they just gave up on the Roadblock without trying it, just really rubbed me the wrong way. Now, they have that other Express Pass to give away. Next leg should tell if they are all bark, and hardly any bite.

Have to give credit to the feisty friends, afraid of the spiders, but still going through the challenge. Even after picking up a live one by mistake.

Nice to see Cambodia, and Angkor Wat. I am actually thinking visiting there later this year.

So far, the only team that I like, are the nurses and the moms. And I am starting not to like John & Murray, and I guess Ashleigh & Jarrod are going to be the villains of this season. Everyone else, it's still too early to tell.

Offline runningblind

• RFF Full Member
  • Hope sir Terry had a pleasant talk with DEATH.
« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2014, 04:19:05 PM »
I haven't seen nothing here about one thing - what about the "nations war"? Did it end after the Tug Of War or will we have some other challenges which will be performed as a nation? I guess the roadblock in Cambodia was designed a little bit that way -  it would be a much easier task if they would cooperate.

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: August 14, 2014, 04:55:49 PM »
I haven't seen nothing here about one thing - what about the "nations war"? Did it end after the Tug Of War or will we have some other challenges which will be performed as a nation? I guess the roadblock in Cambodia was designed a little bit that way -  it would be a much easier task if they would cooperate.
I don't think that they would, because the producers had no idea of how many teams from each country would be left at each leg of the race. If they wanted to make things equal between the teams, the only way they could reliably do so was on the first leg.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: August 15, 2014, 11:22:42 PM »
It was a solid episode and I loved it. The tasks were good and the locations were great! I hated the equalizers, but the tasks made up for it! <3

I agree with everyone that the boys made a mistake with the Express Pass. Really dumb IMO and they still didn't get 1st lol

So sad to Elizabeth and Todd go. :( I liked them. :(

And lol Aston and Christine are great <333333 my faves <33333

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: August 16, 2014, 01:42:22 AM »
While I do agree that the EP choice wasn't smart but it wasn't as dumb if the EP didn't have to be used so early.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #63 on: September 04, 2014, 08:09:49 AM »
The EP was dumb and John and Murray are getting on my nerves.

Freaking happy the moms got to stay over the mom and son. The son can be REALLY rude at times but I think that does not affect their relationship.

Emily and Jono.. don't really like them much and my impression changed for the male nurses. Absolutely endearing and good natured.

Cat and Jesse = <333 UNDERDOGS

The body building team can be really nice as well :)

That aside, the Roadblock is exactly what makes TAR Aussie so much better to watch than the US version. Really complicating yet straight to the point task, the Detour was a mixture of skill and labour (of course I thought it was quite obvious which was easier).

IMO, a very good episode helped by the fact that team's positions CHANGED the whole way and Emily and Jono randomly came in first.