Author Topic: After the Race special, August 12th  (Read 4522 times)

Offline DaveyCaper

• RFF Not So Newbie
After the Race special, August 12th
« on: August 07, 2014, 07:08:08 AM »
http://www.thechronicleherald.ca/artslife/1227756-hammonds-plains-couple-to-debrief-on-the-amazing-race-canada

Looks like there is going to be a mid-race "debriefing" special on August 12th.  This article said it will be hosted by sportscaster James Duthie.  I assume the 10 pm the article states is Atlantic time (would make it 9 pm eastern).

An hour long as well.  Not sure if this has been done before in any other Amazing Race, but some of you guys would know better that way.

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: After the Race special, August 12th
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 07:38:38 AM »
The US version had a few in the earlier seasons but it wasn't a show hosted by someone but basically what would be the "previously on" segment at the start except extended to normal episode length (can someone correct me)

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 07:41:01 AM »
My schedule (Ontario) has it at 10, after the regular episode on Tuesday. I don't know if it's going to be a "debriefing", I thought it was more of mid-season recap with the eliminated teams. There is a studio audience and fans can post questions on Twitter using the hashtag #AfterAmazingRaceCDA. It's more of a "What the heck were you thinking?" recap, so it should be funny.
Here's the post on the show site http://www.ctv.ca/TheAmazingRaceCanada/Articles/Season-Two/tarc_mid_after_show_080514.aspx
The first 3 eliminated teams are confirmed to appear (according to the page)....but I am sure they will have the Episode 5...and 6 eliminated teams on as well. (is that a hint?)

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2014, 10:31:56 AM »
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2014, 10:53:11 AM »
Nicole and Cormac will be there!
:hearts:
Oh for sure...they will be the hit of the show for sure!

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2014, 11:06:23 AM »
Looks like the 5th eliminated team will appear. They tweeted a teaser pic with a pair of empty chairs.https://twitter.com/AmazingRaceCDA/status/499215090663833600
Why do I get the feeling this will centre on Nicole & Cormac and the 5th team?    :funny:
It must have been taped last night...Nicole and Cormac just arrived back in Winnipeg.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 11:09:58 AM by WindsorSue »

Online Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2014, 09:59:52 PM »
Top 3 teams are: NM, MP and twins for gas for a year.

Season preview shows nothing new -__________________-

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2014, 10:07:20 PM »
Yeah that preview was super lame. :lol:

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2014, 11:40:25 PM »
The US version had a few in the earlier seasons but it wasn't a show hosted by someone but basically what would be the "previously on" segment at the start except extended to normal episode length (can someone correct me)
I think only seasons 6 and 7 had midrace recap episodes, but definitely no reunion-type specials like this one.

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2014, 11:36:24 AM »
I haven't been able to find this online yet. (Can't access CTV in the US.) How was it? Is it worth looking for? Thanks.

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2014, 11:54:42 AM »
I haven't been able to find this online yet. (Can't access CTV in the US.) How was it? Is it worth looking for? Thanks.
Most of the show was about Rex and Bob with Cormac and Nicole a close second. (I actually think they were the main purpose for the show) A couple of good discussions started up about the Hockey girls and the "villain" twins, but just as they started getting good, the host shut it down. Keep checking Youtube, it may show up.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2014, 05:48:53 PM »
Actually, I'm in the US and I've been able to watch full episodes on CTV's website: http://www.ctv.ca/TheAmazingRaceCanada/
I was shocked it wasn't blocked. It should work.

As for the special, it got really awkward at times   :funny: And it was definitely mostly about Rex & Bob and Cormac & Nicole.  I think the idea of only the first 5 teams having their own reunion special made it too focused on those two teams.  Only their moments, only their opinions.  Instead of all 11 teams when they could get different opinions and experiences.

But I think the best part was when Laura & Jackie and Shahlah & Nabeela absolutely shut them down when they were expressing their STRONG dislike for Sukhi & Jinder.  They couldn't believe it!  :snicker:

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2014, 06:34:18 PM »
Actually, I'm in the US and I've been able to watch full episodes on CTV's website: http://www.ctv.ca/TheAmazingRaceCanada/

As for the special, it got really awkward at times   :funny: And it was definitely mostly about Rex & Bob and Cormac & Nicole.  I think the idea of only the first 5 teams having their own reunion special made it too focused on those two teams.  Only their moments, only their opinions.  Instead of all 11 teams when they could get different opinions and experiences.

But I think the best part was when Laura & Jackie and Shahlah & Nabeela absolutely shut them down when they were expressing their STRONG dislike for Sukhi & Jinder.  They couldn't believe it!  :snicker:

I watch TARCan from Indonesia in CTV. It not blocked!  :)
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline runningblind

• RFF Full Member
  • Hope sir Terry had a pleasant talk with DEATH.
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2014, 07:07:01 AM »

I watch TARCan from Indonesia in CTV. It not blocked!  :)

Cannot believe it! Works in Poland too!