Author Topic: Paladin: Katherine "Katie" Smaluk  (Read 1378 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Paladin: Katherine "Katie" Smaluk
« on: July 30, 2014, 03:02:09 AM »
Katherine "Katie" Smaluk

The twin developed her own language with her sister as a young child enjoying their secret code. While she shares a bond with her sister, she is also fiercely competitive and a self-proclaimed hustler when it comes to pool and cards.

What is your earliest memory of the fantasy genre? What made you become a fan?
My earliest memory of the Fantasy genre would probably be going to Medieval Times as a kid. There were knights and horses and jousting! JOUSTING! Who doesn't love a joust? Granted the Damsel in Distress was appealing to the little girl in me, but the honor and royal tradition was what really made me a fan.

What’s the craziest thing you've done in the name of fandom?

I think being a crazy fan, isn't something you do on the outside, it's how you feel on the inside. I don't have to prove that I love comic books, or fantasy, or RPGs -- I just do. That was the beauty of this subculture; it was there for me, I didn't have to try to be anything to be a part of it. I am it. I'm an addict to the Fantasy genre like I am to PBS or the Chicago Bears. You find something you love and it becomes you.

What is your guilty pleasure when it comes to the fantasy genre?
Anything by Brian K. Vaughan ever. Oh and Buffy should go without saying. She slayed vampires. I mean, come on. Badass!

How do you define "hero"?
It's a submarine sandwich; you can pick one up off of Western Ave if you're in Chicago. Okay, all jokes aside though, a hero is someone who saves and protects the lives of others, through selfless acts of courage and bravery. I immediately think of the men and women who serve or have served in the United States Military, Police Officers, and Fire Fighters. I am free because they are brave. Makes me proud.

Who is your real-life hero and why?

My real life hero is my twin sister Kalli Smaluk hands down, no question. My sis has been by my side literally my whole life. I wouldn't be who I am today without her. My sister is so strong and brilliant and doesn't get enough credit, and wouldn't ask for it either. Plus, she has the most wicked sense of humor I have ever come across. Love ya Kal!

Describe yourself in three words.

Curious. Clever. Corny.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Paladin: Katherine "Katie" Smaluk
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 03:07:11 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/1nlBFQzOjno" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/1nlBFQzOjno</a>
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Online Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 07:59:46 PM »
So sad to see her go.  :'(
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 11:22:51 AM »
I think they chose wisely though. If the task is in team for some first episode, you need to keep a strong player in order to win.