Author Topic: Paladin: Christian Sochor  (Read 1167 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Paladin: Christian Sochor
« on: July 30, 2014, 01:50:02 AM »
Christian Sochor

The young New Yorker was drawn to comic book heroes at an early age. A skilled and imaginative competitor who has showcased his sword fighting talents in the New York Renaissance fairs, Christian has even created his own themed parties to watch the Lord of the Rings.

What is your earliest memory of the fantasy genre? What made you become a fan?
My first intro to fantasy was the first Harry Potter book. My mother would read them to me each night until I fell asleep. She encouraged me to explore more fantasy-related things. I started watching Pokemon, Spider-Man and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles each morning at the crack of dawn. One thing lead to another and I couldn't stop watching/reading about super heros. My mom would even sing the Spider-Man theme song on a crowed train just to make me smile. I was hooked.

What’s the craziest thing you've done in the name of fandom?
I've dressed up and choreographed fights as super heros/cartoon characters. As in, "using" their powers and all. To the point of a lot of sweat, a bit of blood and a lot of laughs. We make the sound effects and all. Oh yeah, and we try to do this in public as much as possible.

What is your guilty pleasure when it comes to the fantasy genre?
I have a weird thing about when main or really good characters die -- as long as it's a good and or honorable death, I love it! That's a big guilty pleasure of mine. To me it gives the character so much by taking it all away. It shows you something you may not have known about the person and gives weight to everyone else. Did I mention I mean this in the least creepiest way possible?

How do you define hero?
A hero in my opinion is many things. They emerge when needed and can be in any shape or size. For me it's someone who always puts other people first, regardless of the situation. Never asking or expecting anything in return. It's more than right and wrong. A hero can be anyone or anything you believe.

Who is your real-life hero and why?
I'm fortunate enough to have more than just one real-life hero. They are my friends -- my true blue friends, as cheesy as it sounds. They pick me up when I'm down, even when it's my fault that I'm down there in the first place. They always support me and give me there love. Never jealous, just kind and motivating. I believe in them and they sure as hell believe in me. They are the source of my power -- not the hair -- and they are also my heros. I'm a lucky guy.

Describe yourself in three words.
Impulsive, Proud, and Happy.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Paladin: Christian Sochor
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 01:55:48 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/sKHlApkxoMg" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/sKHlApkxoMg</a>
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 07:55:05 PM »
I liked him at the beginning, but his actions/targeting of Katie made me dislike him.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 10:23:47 PM »
He's playing this game more like it's Survivor or Big Brother - manipulating and pretending to want to help everyone else. In my opinion a true hero wouldn't act that way. Hopefully he falls out soon.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2014, 03:01:51 PM »
Amen.
RFF's Golden Rule: