Author Topic: Paladin: Bonnie Gordan  (Read 2074 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Paladin: Bonnie Gordan
« on: July 30, 2014, 01:39:55 AM »
Bonnie Gordon   

Overcoming a major obstacle at an early age, Bonnie taught herself to walk straight after being born with her legs twisted. She is primed for an adventure having spent two months traveling with gypsies after having to leave her home in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.

What is your earliest memory of the fantasy genre? What made you become a fan?
I have been a fantasy fan for as long as I can remember. My room was always filled with wizards, fairies, unicorns, dragons... I guess my very first memory that stands out is the first time I read The Hobbit. I was in 4th grade, and was instantly mesmerized. I would grab a butter knife from the kitchen to be my "Sting" and go on adventures in my room as Bonnie Baggins! I also vividly remember keeping a bag of clothes by my bed as a child... Just in case Peter Pan came to take me to Neverland! (It could happen!)

What’s the craziest thing you've done in the name of fandom?
The craziest thing I've ever done in the name of fandom is audition for a reality TV show! Just kidding... haha!
It would have to be when I went on a two month tour with a traveling gypsy equestrian show! They needed an emcee for their summer shows, and the idea of traveling from Ren Faire to Ren Faire across the country, dressing up and yelling as a medieval wench sounded like heaven! I quit my job, sold a bunch of my belongings, and packed up everything I owned into two suitcases. My mother calls it, "that time I ran away and joined the circus." :)

What is your guilty pleasure when it comes to the fantasy genre?
Fantasy. That sums it up in one word. Fantasy itself is my guilty pleasure. The notion that anything and everything is possible! The idea that the lonely kid sitting in the corner can be the hero. The idea that a little girl can put on plastic costume wings, and instantly be transformed into a fairy princess.

How do you define hero?
In my opinion, you don't have to be a warrior to be a hero. It's all about what's inside. I know that sounds super cheesy... I think that's why The Hobbit and Lord of the Ring had such a big impact on my life growing up. As a child, I was never the most athletic. I was that kid sitting on the bench at the sidelines, cheering the rest of the team on, knowing I wouldn't get put into the game. Reading about the hobbits -- Bilbo, Frodo, Sam, Merry, Pippin -- these were the characters that I considered the true heroes of the stories, and they were the ones who weren't the fastest or the strongest. They had never wielded a sword or faced a villain before their journey. It made me realize at a young age that being a hero is about doing the right thing, having a good heart, and never giving up -- not about how fast you can run or how hard you can swing a sword.

Who is your real-life hero and why?
Sandra Broussard, my high school Speech and Drama teacher. She taught me so much -- not just how to fully use my energy and talents, but about believing in myself and to be proud of who I am. To embrace my flaws. To use my talents and my heart to inspire others. She gave me the push I needed to take a leap of faith and to pursue my dreams. Also, Carol Burnett. She is an inspiration to me!!!

Describe yourself in three words.
Bonnie. Gordon. Word.
Just kidding... Wait. Now it's 10 words! Aaahh! Sunny, Imaginative, and Clumsy.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Paladin: Bonnie Gordan
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 01:44:09 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/_oJL4Yt0cQM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/_oJL4Yt0cQM</a>
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 08:52:30 AM »
Love her!

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 12:38:55 PM »
Love her!
she's fierce and dominant.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2014, 09:49:03 AM »
Loved her song!

Hear it here: tmblr.co/Z9_Wsq1OLBtOH
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2014, 10:14:59 AM »
Still my favourite! She's really taking it all in and enjoying the experience! It's great to see someone flourish!

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2014, 01:25:26 PM »
Such a star!
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2014, 09:58:08 AM »
She's definitly the best character on the game , but i guess she won't last long with Shando , Andrew and Patrick on the board. The other girls are sooooo tough!
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2014, 06:41:55 AM »
She has most of the characteristics of a true hero, but I'm not sure if she'll get there.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2014, 02:58:46 PM »
Like her other Paladins said, she has the biggest heart of ANY of them. This show would not have been the same without her, love her!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2014, 03:35:43 PM »
Glad she got a great storyline, she deserved it so much

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2014, 12:15:22 AM »
Did you love Bonnie's "Ballad of Everealm?

You can now download it here with 50% of all profits going to CARE!

Note from Bonnie:

I decided to use the song as a way to spread love and hope to others -
giving 50% of all proceeds to charity. Let's use music and The Quest Army to
help those in need suffering from famine and hunger across the world! XOXO! Both
Joseph WindowstoSky and I thank you for loving it!  FOR EVEREALM!

http://www.reverbnation.com/bonniegordon?profile_view_source=header_icon_nav

RFF's Golden Rule: