Author Topic: Casting...What kind of cast would you LEAST like to see?? Please VOTE!  (Read 13050 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Casting...Team composition
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2014, 12:21:59 AM »
Really? I think of married couples as family.....

In any case, so far the POLL suggests that an all couple season is NOT a popular idea. Please keep discussing and voting!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2014, 12:59:19 AM »
I would kind of like to see something different, maybe a random team season?  Bring in all new people that don't know each other and pair them up by random draw.  Maybe have a challenge where you can choose a new teammate......

Maybe I am just in Big Brother mode right now.....

Mark & Mallory on TAR24 shows this concept is extremely flawed and results to mass miscommunication. :(

Just really the saddest team ever. It proves that two good teams combined don't exactly make a good team.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2014, 01:17:38 AM »
What bothers me most, is that TAR has said over and over and over again, is that TAR is a relationship show. FIRST and FOREMOST. "Jumping the shark" with stranger or "blind dates" sorts of teams would be a huge TAR departure.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2014, 01:19:52 PM »

I agree. Family doesn't necessarily have to be blood-related.
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2014, 04:34:43 PM »
I actually never thoght of this before but I do admit that have a tendency to root for the "family" kind of teams... Father/Son, Siblings, Twins... I tend to more supportive to each other while adding a bit of tough love to be competitive... I think the idea of "in-law" teams is quite interesting in the mix, in a "family season" they could add another kind of relationship... or teams that don't have a solid relationship and are looking the race as a way to reconect to each other like Jeff&Luke from Aus1 and Andie&Jenna from TAR17... those were relationship interesting to watch.

I agree with you guys, especially when they are classified as "Married Parents"... it adds a bit more than young married couples... in TARLA 1 there was a team of Godfather and Godson that made it all the way to the finals, and it was an interesting dynamic of friendship plus the wisdom and experience from the godfather and the youth and energy of the godson... I would consider this team as a family too...

Offline Tar25fan

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2014, 09:43:32 PM »
Friends 6
-Men 4
-Women 1
-Man/woman 1
Couples 11:
-Dating 4
-Married 3
-Engaged 2
Were Jay & Amy engaged? I forgot but included on it
-Gay 2
Family 7
-Siblings 6
*Brother(s)/Sister 3
*Brothers 2
*Sisters 1
-Parent/Child 1
*Father/Son 1
Ok I made a list of the type of teams that have won all the seasons if anyone is interested

I really feel like an all dating season wouldn't be such a good idea
The first thought that comes in my mind is how I didn't like TAR6 which had a bunch of terrible and/or boring couples lasting in my opinion. Even TAR7 that also had 5 couples lasting in the end I didn't like so much, even though some of them were okay
Also, TAR19 had a final 3 with only couples and I didn't like any of them
I find it more appropriate that they just make a regular season with balanced gender and a lot of variation in team relationships - they also need to make sure to cast people with personality and attitute

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2014, 11:38:55 PM »
I actually never thoght of this before but I do admit that have a tendency to root for the "family" kind of teams... Father/Son, Siblings, Twins... I tend to more supportive to each other while adding a bit of tough love to be competitive... I think the idea of "in-law" teams is quite interesting in the mix, in a "family season" they could add another kind of relationship... or teams that don't have a solid relationship and are looking the race as a way to reconect to each other like Jeff&Luke from Aus1 and Andie&Jenna from TAR17... those were relationship interesting to watch.
I agree with you guys, especially when they are classified as "Married Parents"... it adds a bit more than young married couples...

Well I don't. Not every married couple have that stable parents relationship, and not every dating couple have that bickering relationship. Also separated couples/parents' central storyline is their romance.

Anyway. An easy casting trick for a season of the Race would have each combination of MM/MF/FF and Friends/Family/Couple, and with 2 teams left over. And if they relegate those 2 teams to FF teams, they'd have 2 new records: most no. of FF teams in a season (5), and least no. of MF/Couples in one season (1).

Honestly, I do want to see a team of strangers (not a season of them, just one). Maybe they could meet naturally at a casting, or the producers could make them meet. I could totally see a MM/Friends team of strangers.
I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2014, 09:16:20 AM »
Honestly, I do want to see a team of strangers (not a season of them, just one). Maybe they could meet naturally at a casting, or the producers could make them meet. I could totally see a MM/Friends team of strangers.

I believe Mark & Mallory are strangers to each other. ??? :knuckles:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2014, 09:41:36 AM »
They had at least met, done some charitable stuff I think. We all know just how well that turned out. "Strangers" goes against EVERYTHING that TAR has said about casting thru the years.....that this is a RELATIONSHIP show first and foremost.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2014, 10:42:42 AM »
I accidentally voted Family.

BUT, NO TO DATING COUPLES.

NO.

NO.

NO.

HA. HA. HA.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2014, 11:03:44 PM »
What bothers me most, is that TAR has said over and over and over again, is that TAR is a relationship show. FIRST and FOREMOST. "Jumping the shark" with stranger or "blind dates" sorts of teams would be a huge TAR departure.
That would be the absolutely worst.  I agree, the very essence of TAR is teams of two testing and using their pre-existing relationships to the world together on an adventure with a possible $1 million cherry on top at the end.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2014, 01:51:14 AM »
That would be the absolutely worst.  I agree, the very essence of TAR is teams of two testing and using their pre-existing relationships to the world together on an adventure with a possible $1 million cherry on top at the end.

Besides, only the most bitter of people would have no one else in their lives they'd want to run the race with. One thing I'd love is if the producers saved one slot for a team chosen by viewers.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2014, 04:13:43 PM »
Oh sheet, I misread the poll question (before reading all the posts) and voted for family..... I thought it was a pick for the best option at first, the one I'd least want to see is definitely couples. And I thought, "why the heck do so many people want to see an all-dating-couples season" :lol: I'm already disappointed by the amount of daters being cast each season.... More unique combinations please.

A really interesting discussion going on here :colors And it really makes me wanna watch TAR 25 NOW. :lol:

I would kind of like to see something different, maybe a random team season?  Bring in all new people that don't know each other and pair them up by random draw.  Maybe have a challenge where you can choose a new teammate......

Maybe I am just in Big Brother mode right now.....
Hmm, that would either work really well, or be a complete trainwreck like Mark & Mallory. Watching them was really sad, but what if they brought all returnees and THEN mixed the teams? ??? With a chance to reunite with your partner further on, if you both make it.
However this is just a wild idea I just came up with, don't think it would ever happen... and unsure if it should.  ???

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2014, 04:35:30 PM »
Not every married couple have that stable parents relationship, and not every dating couple have that bickering relationship. Also separated couples/parents' central storyline is their romance.

Help me out here if I'm wrong - under your logic, marriage equals dating?

I honestly could not care how stable the relationship is pre-race and during the race. I just want interesting teams.
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2014, 05:13:15 AM »
Not every married couple have that stable parents relationship, and not every dating couple have that bickering relationship. Also separated couples/parents' central storyline is their romance.

Help me out here if I'm wrong - under your logic, marriage equals dating?

I honestly could not care how stable the relationship is pre-race and during the race. I just want interesting teams.

Well if you look at couple teams, what separates dating and married couples is the ceremony and the marriage certificate. And what about engaged couples? Where do they fall under? Also there are couples that have been together for so long that they are basically married, but has never undergone a wedding of some sort so they are not married. Also what about dating couples that have kids? What category does that fall under? Just because the Family Edition had married couples as part of the 4-man team, doesn't mean they are a family team once they're just a duo. I'm just saying what is wrong about putting married couples in the family category, especially since we are most likely never going to see a season w/ teams of more than 2 members. And besides, isn't marriage a romantic entanglement and not a familial link?

Honestly we're better off redoing the poll since some voters have misread the question. :)
I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2014, 06:34:18 PM »
I have edited the poll to include an option to change your vote, so if you made an error, please feel free to correct it. Remember that you are voting for the LEAST FAVORITE option you would want to see.

Thanks everyone for voting!!   ;)
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Casting...What kind of cast would you LEAST like to see?? Please VOTE!
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2014, 08:51:59 PM »
Perfect because I voted friends without reading the question. :lol:

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2014, 02:27:03 PM »
I tend to agree that a family relationship season would be the most interesting. I'm also not a fan of a dating couple edition. Although I liked Season 6, there was WAY too much drama for the average viewer to have to absorb.

One thing I don't like (that TAR has been doing with increasing frequency lately) is casting too many nebulous teams of "friends", whose relationships are officially listed as their occupation instead of their actual relationship. We've had way too many teams in this category in recent seasons, and I've gotten really tired of hearing the same old spiel: "As [insert occupation here (firefighters, globetrotters, cowboys, country singers, etc. {they're all the same thing anyway})], we are used to [insert a skill or ability here (thinking on our feet, interacting with people, navigating, etc.)]. Such casting tends to ruin the relationship element of the show that Peach referenced. Therefore, I think there should be at most 3 teams of friends in any one season. Any more than that, and it starts to feel like each team is just there to hog the airtime and distract from the other teams (and irritate me beyond all measure).
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2014, 05:10:47 PM »
Voted friends but i was wrong.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2014, 07:26:13 PM »
Voted friends but i was wrong.

You can change your vote. :kuss:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2014, 03:16:46 PM »
Revoted for couples, though I see there are people like me left who voted for family due to misreading the question (I think) :funny:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2014, 08:33:26 AM »
Got the vote right! I'll take family and friends any day. If the dating couple is not Kris and Jon-ish, NO PLEASE.

I hope TAR stop casting dating couples, especially those with NEWLY DATING or LONG-DISTANCE DATING statuses and their main reason for coming on the race is to see their r/s work out.

NO, IT'S NOT GOING TO WORK OUT. NOW SPARE ME YOUR SCREAMING AND SHOUTING FOR THE ENTIRE SEASON.

kthxbye

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2014, 11:13:17 PM »
 :cmaslol #TAR26

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2014, 01:41:35 PM »
Well i guess they never saw this thread.  :cmaslol
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2014, 05:53:23 PM »
LOL, nobody listens to me! :funny:
RFF's Golden Rule: