Author Topic: Casting...What kind of cast would you LEAST like to see?? Please VOTE!  (Read 13168 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
In all of the many TAR seasons...can anyone think of a team that would not fit into one of these three categories??
(I am specifically excluding celebrity stunt casting here, as seen on franchises like TAR Viet Nam).

FAMILY:  parents/cousins/siblings/married couples >>FAMILY.

FRIENDS: BFF to co-workers>> FRIENDS.

DATING COUPLES: Some sort of romantic entanglement>>DATING.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 06:35:56 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Casting...Team composition
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2014, 11:48:20 PM »
Adding in a poll here:

If you had to choose a whole season made up of ONE of the above groups, and ONE ONLY...which would be your most and least favorites?? Discuss.

Note that the poll asks for your LEAST favorite option.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2014, 12:27:10 AM »
I think Family would be the more interesting than Friends or just dating couples.
There's so many different combinations, dynamics, relationships under Family.

TAR8 still has one of the best TAR casts.

Offline Tar25fan

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2014, 10:58:34 AM »
Dating... 2 or 3 per race is ok, but I don't think an entire cast would be good. Just look at TAR6. Family members and friends or co-workers are usually the teams I root for
I would like a race like this:
Only 1 dating team, which is a couple that became parents in their teens
A separated couple
A grandparent team
Twin Brother/sister
In-laws
Steps
Uncle/Aunt & Nephew/Niece
M/F cousins
2 co-worker teams (suggestion: nurses and social workers)
One more random team (maybe a young leabian team)
HOWEVER, I think I saw somewhere that TAR wants more dating teams. Hopefully next season will not be an special edition for it

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2014, 11:03:16 AM »
I would pay people to keep the dating couple teams away from the show. (M/F dating teams, that is. Same-sex couples is a different story.)
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2014, 11:12:36 AM »
I would love to see more family teams (but not married couples because I still consider them under a romantic description) because of what dryedmangoez said that there are so many different possibilities and team dynamics where we could see teams really close or just bicker a lot.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2014, 02:51:12 PM »
I agree with dryedmangoez that Family dynamics are always interesting, and there are still combos out there we haven't seen.

Love hearing what y'all think!!   :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2014, 04:48:15 PM »
I cannot imagine a season of all dating couples, shudder. I like family teams the best. You can get a wide range of family relationships. But, honestly I like the variety of relationships we get on the race even better.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2014, 10:18:34 PM »
The latter half of TAR6 is a great example of how offputting an all-romantic season would be. You have: the "evil"couple (Freddy & Kendra), the super competitive ones (Hayden & Aaron), the gung ho and the useless partner (Adam & Rebecca), the comic relief (Lori & Bolo), the dysfunctional couple (Johnathan & Victoria), and the boring couple (Kris & Jon). Not even such high diversity in dynamics saved the season from being an all-out Drama Fest.

I would love to see teams of in-laws, though.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2014, 11:26:48 PM »
Family has a couple of combinations that we haven't seen yet like Aunty/Niece, Uncle/Nephew, Uncle/Niece, Aunty/Nephew. We don't see many teams of cousins which is surprising to me or anything like Sisters in law or brothers in law.
It's Clobbering Time!

ERamos

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2014, 01:44:59 AM »
I want to see more family teams especially a father-in-law/son-in law "Meet the Parents"-esque team.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2014, 03:27:38 AM »
(M/F dating teams, that is. Same-sex couples is a different story.)

a different story hey? lol

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2014, 04:14:01 AM »

I would love to see teams of in-laws, though.

Hope you pray for more exciting people than the Aiellos alol. Such boring trainwecks.

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2014, 02:51:42 PM »
(M/F dating teams, that is. Same-sex couples is a different story.)

a different story hey? lol
I'm all for same-sex marriage. The term "different story" has a positive meaning.
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline Tar25fan

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2014, 08:13:23 PM »
Why do I think the next season will be an all dating team race...?

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2014, 07:39:58 AM »
For family, we can see a familial bond forming.
For couples, we can see how each couple's relationship forms.
For friends, they can be entertaining, boring, funny, etc.

I can't really pick a least favorite from these.
My least favorite not among the 3 choices: 2 strangers as a team.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2014, 10:51:32 AM »
We've basically seen all-family teams in TAR8 and I would like to see this format again, but with a route that covers a lot more distance than just North America. After reconciling everything about this mixed season, I believe Family Edition can be done again, but the cast would have to be maturely competitive, witty,  allow well-rounded and intrigued children to race (example: Gaghans and Blacks). The route needs to travel to at least four continents while giving educationally indulging tasks for the "[y] > 18" racers. Plus, a NON-LINEAR race to boost competitive spirits.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Tar25fan

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2014, 04:42:32 PM »
Please no children on the amazing race

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2014, 04:45:36 PM »
They have said that they will never do that again....
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2014, 04:46:03 PM »
Everyone voting in the poll??
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Wanna Bee

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2014, 10:15:40 PM »
This is a terrible idea!  Why would they want to take a show that traditionally casts for diversity and then narrow it down to one type of racing team?  It would only make it harder to get to know the teams in the early episodes, since the relationships are ALL "dating couples" or "family members" or whatever...

I suppose the idea of an all dating couples season could, in theory, provide more drama and conflict.  But who really wants to 11 teams bickering at each other?  Half the fun of this show is watching the differences between teams who can't pull it together and teams who are firing on all cylinders.

I voted in the poll above, but i think one-dimensional casting could really kill this show.  Blood vs. Water was a brilliant idea for Survivor, and I'm sure TAR can come up with something equally creative.  This idea is NOT it.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2014, 05:44:46 PM »
"Romance vs. Bromance" could be a good theme though, pitting teams with romantic relationships vs. those in platonic ones
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2014, 11:04:43 PM »
The theme I would want to see is a "Veterans VS Newbies" type, 6 teams of each? Also the veterans, hopefully, could come from early seasons too...

I really don't want an all-Couples season. They already have a dry run with it in Season 6, casting 7 couples in one season? And as diverse as the archetypes of all of them are, and as entertaining the bickering between couples are, those fights always gets tedious to watch and petty as the season wore on.

Besides, I don't think "Dating couples" is not the best name for it. Couples could be engaged, broken up, newlyweds, and married for a long time. Also peach, why did you put the married couples in the family bracket? They're still couples, such as Jonathan & Victoria who were married during the season. And even though married couples could still be parents, their dynamic is still much much closer to a couple's because of the romance.
I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

Offline db_ohno

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2014, 10:29:49 PM »
I would kind of like to see something different, maybe a random team season?  Bring in all new people that don't know each other and pair them up by random draw.  Maybe have a challenge where you can choose a new teammate......

Maybe I am just in Big Brother mode right now.....

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2014, 10:41:34 PM »
Also peach, why did you put the married couples in the family bracket? They're still couples, such as Jonathan & Victoria who were married during the season. And even though married couples could still be parents, their dynamic is still much much closer to a couple's because of the romance.

Completely agree that Married Couples should be a part of "dating couples" rather than family.