Author Topic: It's Time To Stop Calling Jet & Cord Homophobes  (Read 29810 times)

Offline Tallguy700

• RFF Full Member
Re: It's Time To Stop Calling Jet & Cord Homophobes
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2014, 08:45:41 PM »
As for the U-Turn. The Afghanimals were going to U-Turn Brendon & Rachel but decided to U-Turn their strongest competition because of what happened to Jamal's knee. That's not back-stabbing, It's a smart move. They never said to the Cowboys that they wouldn't U-Turn them.

Weren't supporting Brenchel either though so theywere hurting all 3 sides.

No, it benefitted Brenchel and gave them the record the Cowboys could never achieve no matter how many times they would run the Race :')

t wasn't intended to support Brenchel either. And a u-turn free race would give Cowboys a chance to win, but 2 teams backstabbed on both repeat seasons.

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2014, 08:47:14 PM »
If there was no U-Turn on Leg 10 of TAR24, Cowboys would still of been eliminated because by the time they finished the detour, Caro & Jen had already arrived at the next location.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Tallguy700

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2014, 08:48:28 PM »
They can bring the cowboys ten more times and they won't win. Even Caroline & Jennifer have more chances of winning than them

Cowboys are Phil's favorite team, and unless there's another team Bertram can worship besides Cancer, Phil can arrange with him to support the win.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2014, 08:49:59 PM »
As for the U-Turn. The Afghanimals were going to U-Turn Brendon & Rachel but decided to U-Turn their strongest competition because of what happened to Jamal's knee. That's not back-stabbing, It's a smart move. They never said to the Cowboys that they wouldn't U-Turn them.

No, it benefitted Brenchel and gave them the record the Cowboys could never achieve no matter how many times they would run the Race :')

t wasn't intended to support Brenchel either. And a u-turn free race would give Cowboys a chance to win, but 2 teams backstabbed on both repeat seasons.

Well actually the Cowboys just make terrible strategic decisions and I don't think they'll ever improve on them :lol:

I mean India/Austria/Switzerland were horrifying strategically.

They can bring the cowboys ten more times and they won't win. Even Caroline & Jennifer have more chances of winning than them

Cowboys are Phil's favorite team, and unless there's another team Bertram can worship besides Cancer, Phil can arrange with him to support the win.

'to support the win' what

Offline Tallguy700

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2014, 08:51:18 PM »
If there was no U-Turn on Leg 10 of TAR24, Cowboys would still of been eliminated because by the time they finished the detour, Caro & Jen had already arrived at the next location.

If there wasn't traffic before Seville they would have beaten Country provided no u turn, or w/e slowed them down before flight.

MrDeerShank

« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2014, 08:54:51 PM »
lol i wish this thread was on sucks

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2014, 08:54:57 PM »

If there wasn't traffic before Seville they would have beaten Country provided no u turn, or w/e slowed them down before flight.

There is no proof of this

Offline Tallguy700

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #57 on: July 19, 2014, 08:55:45 PM »

Well actually the Cowboys just make terrible strategic decisions and I don't think they'll ever improve on them :lol:

I mean India/Austria/Switzerland were horrifying strategically.

'to support the win' what

They're still consistent in maintaining their away from back position before u-turn, look at TAR 16. And if Phil arranges Bertram can puppeteer the same thing he did with Cancer and Country with Cowboys.

Offline Tallguy700

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #58 on: July 19, 2014, 08:57:19 PM »

Misscleobb is a narcissist, just like many on sucks. You guys are not.

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #59 on: July 19, 2014, 08:59:03 PM »
As well in TAR18. Even had their not been a U-Turn in Switzerland the cowboys still would mostly be eliminated.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Tallguy700

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #60 on: July 19, 2014, 08:59:28 PM »

Anecdotes are proof, Cowboys made it to the box shortly after Country, and Cowboys are physically strong enough to outrun Country.

MrDeerShank

« Reply #61 on: July 19, 2014, 08:59:37 PM »
emo is this you on rff

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: July 19, 2014, 09:00:14 PM »

me too ngl

Misscleobb is a narcissist, just like many on sucks. You guys are not.

yes
not so much
i guess so

They're still consistent in maintaining their away from back position before u-turn, look at TAR 16. And if Phil arranges Bertram can puppeteer the same thing he did with Cancer and Country with Cowboys.

Cowboys have MANY strategic blunders and presuming they return with teams that have actually experienced it before they have no hope.

I doubt BvM puppeteered it and are you trying to say that you want TAR to be rigged for the cowboys?

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: July 19, 2014, 09:01:23 PM »

Anecdotes are proof, Cowboys made it to the box shortly after Country, and Cowboys are physically strong enough to outrun Country.

No I disagree to both you don't actually know when they reached the cluebox and ANYWAY Cowboys ran a pretty bad leg tbh.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: July 19, 2014, 09:11:56 PM »
They were DEAD LAST arriving at the W-Turn board. Their loss on TAR24 has NOTHING to do with "backstabbing" or "ethics", they just plain SUCKED.

Offline Tallguy700

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #65 on: July 19, 2014, 09:12:29 PM »

No I disagree to both you don't actually know when they reached the cluebox and ANYWAY Cowboys ran a pretty bad leg tbh.

I'm going by what we saw on the show, plus I don't think it was editing, Amazing Race is not good production wise now, compared to say, pre TAR 24. As much as I'd love production to double Cowboys butter and spread on that roll, its up to Phil to arrange.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #66 on: July 19, 2014, 09:16:52 PM »
Side Note. I love how this thread is 3 pages of argument already after like 2 and a half hours <3

:lol:

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #67 on: July 19, 2014, 09:20:38 PM »

I'm going by what we saw on the show, plus I don't think it was editing, Amazing Race is not good production wise now, compared to say, pre TAR 24. As much as I'd love production to double Cowboys butter and spread on that roll, its up to Phil to arrange.

This doesn't mean they're not going to make it look like teams don't have a chance. I honestly think the Cowboys didn't have a chance sorry.

Offline Tallguy700

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #68 on: July 19, 2014, 09:26:18 PM »

This doesn't mean they're not going to make it look like teams don't have a chance. I honestly think the Cowboys didn't have a chance sorry.

And you're entitled to your opinion. Also I know production won't edit the teams to make them seem perfect. They only started rigging in All Stars.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #69 on: July 19, 2014, 09:27:31 PM »

And you're entitled to your opinion. Also I know production won't edit the teams to make them seem perfect. They only started rigging in All Stars.

TAR24 AS wasn't rigged and neither was TAR11.

Offline Tallguy700

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #70 on: July 19, 2014, 09:32:12 PM »
TAR 24 was rigged for Cancer and Realityrecaps addressed this, not to mention a bunch of people on reality forums from both sides, and it was painfully obvious in the finale of TAR 24. As for TAR 11, I know that wasn't rigged but I have yet to watch that season.

Offline Tallguy700

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #71 on: July 19, 2014, 09:57:25 PM »
They were DEAD LAST arriving at the W-Turn board. Their loss on TAR24 has NOTHING to do with "backstabbing" or "ethics", they just plain SUCKED.

Yes, they were last but not too far behind Country. No U-Turn, gg.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #72 on: July 19, 2014, 10:01:34 PM »

How the pitstop was in walking distance?

Offline Tallguy700

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #73 on: July 19, 2014, 10:13:03 PM »

How the pitstop was in walking distance?

We never saw cabs so yes, but it would be a very long walk, and Country would get tired.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #74 on: July 19, 2014, 10:19:49 PM »
As I've understood it for years now, the only accusation was against Jet and not Cord, and from what I recall about an incident at TARcon 16, Jet was drunk.

None of that justifies calling the team, homophobic, there's never been any evidence that Cord has ever done anything to deserve the label, and it does need to stop. I think some people have tended to project things onto the Cowboys that they don't deserve, and I've had to bite my tongue endless times because those labels IMHO are not appropriate or justified.

To that end, I don't think the Cowboys are boring. They have been a very good racing team whose only apparent weakness was self-navigation at times. But for two guys who have never really traveled outside of the U.S. except on the Race, they've learned and benefited plenty from the experience, and isn't that one of the goals the show places on the teams that Race?
-- theschnauzers