Author Topic: 極速前進 The Amazing Race (China) SPOILERS and LIVE SIGHTINGS  (Read 114025 times)

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: 極速前進 The Amazing Race (China) SPOILERS and LIVE SIGHTINGS
« Reply #200 on: November 25, 2014, 04:59:07 AM »
Wikipedia is saying something about an unaired Yield in Abu Dhabi. What's more, it was used? Anything to back this up?

Calvin Chan & Zhou Weitong used it on Jin Dachuan & Liuchang. Not sure why it wasn't aired.

Zhou Weitong's bad temper shown in EP5 irritated a lot of viewers. Oven 10 thousand critical comments were spawned on Zhou's Weibo, forcing her to disable the function of commenting from Weibo users when browsing her site. I'm guessing the crew were afraid that such application of Yield by Zhou may raise more controversy that they decided not to air this clip.
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #201 on: November 27, 2014, 04:43:10 AM »

According to this picture, TAR China has renewed its second celeb season.

Airtime: 21:20 every Friday in the third season in 2015
Countries that'll be visited: U.S., Brazil, Turkey, Italy, Namibia and Hong Kong.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 06:18:00 AM by SuperTux »
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #202 on: November 27, 2014, 04:45:42 AM »
[/URL][/img]

According to this picture, TAR China has renewed its second celeb season.

Airtime: 21:20 every Friday in the third season in 2015
Countries that'll be visited: U.S., Brazil, Turkey, Italy, Namibia and Hong Kong.

Will fall asleep  again  why us again

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #203 on: November 28, 2014, 12:48:44 AM »
Chinese 'Amazing Race' calls off Israel shoot

Tourism Ministry strike forces Chinese production of successful reality game show to reconsider plan to film a leg of competition in Holy Land.

Ran Boker

Published:  11.27.14, 22:18 / Israel Culture 

The Chinese production of reality television game show "The Amazing Race" will likely be forced to cancel its plans to film a leg of the competition in Israel next month due to a workers strike at the Tourism Ministry, Ynet has learned.

Tourism Ministry officials have expressed their disappointment over the cancellation plans after the ministry has invested many efforts in increasing the exposure to Israel in China.

About four years ago, the Australian version of "The Amazing Race" broadcast two episodes shot in Israel. The show's contestants visited Tel Aviv, Haifa, Jerusalem and Masada, and their tasks included playing matkot (a popular paddle ball game) and interpreting a scroll written in Hebrew.

(go to link to see video)

"The Amazing Race" is a successful reality format worldwide in which teams of two people race against other teams while moving from country to country around the globe. The team that arrives first in the final leg receives the grand prize.

The fourth season of the Israeli version of the show began last Saturday on Channel 2. It is broadcast by the Reshet television network and has particularly high ratings.

The Tourism Ministry offered the following response: "The Chinese production of 'The Amazing Race' expressed its desire to film in Israel in the beginning of December. The Ministry is working to get organized in time and cater to the production's complex demands.

"We have only a week and a half to prepare the logistics for five teams and dozens of participants, alongside the uncertainty regarding accommodation possibilities in light of the Tourism Ministry workers' strike."

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4596864,00.html
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 12:52:44 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #204 on: November 28, 2014, 08:56:21 PM »
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #205 on: November 28, 2014, 11:21:51 PM »
Ooo! It'd be great for another TAR to go to Israel!  I guess the Asian TARs will be more likely to do Israeli Legs than either TARUS or #RaceCDA.

Offline hotriceguy

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love THE AMAZING RACE!!!
« Reply #206 on: December 04, 2014, 12:30:52 AM »
They put everything on YouTube now! Go watch/download now!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZHOCWE2joNH1NIcaC1XUQQ
"Rip it, Read it, and Keep Racing!" -Phil Keoghan
"I WANT THE EXPRESS PASS!!" -Nicole (TAR 23)
"Quebec just blew up!"- NATALIE SPOONER (TARC 2)

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #207 on: December 05, 2014, 07:46:35 AM »
Now I'm watching tonight's episode.

Hahahahahahahahaha there's a Detour task cited from Survivor lol
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline autowil

• From St. Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Reality show Freak :)
« Reply #208 on: December 06, 2014, 06:15:31 AM »
Why did they revive a team which is eliminated early? The twist shld be remove forever  :tantrum :tantrum
Coming Soon Autowil Amazing Race 1 - 2023....

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #209 on: December 06, 2014, 07:15:22 AM »
Why did they revive a team which is eliminated early? The twist shld be remove forever  :tantrum :tantrum

I guess the crew didn't realize Bai & Guan's team--the team that has most fans--would be eliminated so early. They need those fans for the ratings.

***********OFFICIAL LINK TO WATCH TAR CHINA EP8************

http://tv.sohu.com/20141205/n406701240.shtml?txid=a10088b7031b0ef99d51cd8bb1b92ca5

Enjoy :)
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #210 on: December 07, 2014, 03:01:01 AM »
There's something needed to clarify: SAVE is not THE SAVE.

THE SAVE is a new twist introduced in the 25th season of American edition to prevent a team from elimination in a pre-determined elimination leg.

SAVE is a new twist introduced in the first season of Shenzhen's edition to resuscitate a team, like the outcast twist in the 7th American season of Survivor.
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #211 on: December 07, 2014, 09:34:33 PM »
I'm noticing that this show is using different Chinese names for tasks (Detour, Roadblock, etc...) than in China Rush. I need these names typed out for me, if at all possible. The Chinese Wikipedia is still using the China Rush names, so no help there.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #212 on: December 07, 2014, 10:39:29 PM »
I'm noticing that this show is using different Chinese names for tasks (Detour, Roadblock, etc...) than in China Rush. I need these names typed out for me, if at all possible. The Chinese Wikipedia is still using the China Rush names, so no help there.

Detour is 绕道 (raodao)
Roadblock is 路障 (luzhang)
Route Info is 信息(xinxi)
Yield is 让路 (ranglu)
U-turn is 回转 (huizhuan)
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #213 on: December 08, 2014, 11:01:11 AM »
Do you have Speed Bump, Intersection and Pit Stop?
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #214 on: December 08, 2014, 06:42:46 PM »
Do you have Speed Bump, Intersection and Pit Stop?

Speed Bump 减速带 (jiansudai)
Intersection 联合 (lianhe)
Pit Stop 中继站 (zhongjizhan)
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #215 on: December 14, 2014, 07:53:56 PM »
The race course map that showed up in this episode seemed to depict some tall white building after the Detour and before the fish market. Was some location or task edited out, perhaps?

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #216 on: December 16, 2014, 12:12:16 AM »
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #217 on: December 21, 2014, 01:50:25 AM »
*Official Link to Watch TAR China Finale*

http://tv.sohu.com/20141219/n407118200.shtml?txid=5f1851af7a0d03373246b2049665968d&fm=ala

Enjoy :)

This episode is very funny! :cmaslol
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #218 on: December 21, 2014, 07:11:05 PM »
Congratulations to Li Xiaopeng & Li Anqi for achieving the second-highest average placement of all time on TAR, second only to Marc & Rovilson.

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #219 on: May 28, 2015, 02:07:17 PM »
Second season will film soon
I know I possible contestant
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #220 on: August 21, 2016, 03:21:02 PM »

:)  Just for completeness, recently ran across this TAR China (Season 1) press release from 2014.  Nice to see some behind the scenes crew action from the race.  Also says a lot about product placement.   :funny:

JUMEIRAH GROUP PARTNERS WITH THE AMAZING RACE CHINA

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #221 on: December 12, 2017, 02:45:09 AM »
So, I just got done re-watching the whitewater rafting task in the Abu Dhabi episode, and I'm shocked I didn't comment on it in this thread before.

No ifs ands or buts about it, this was a STUPID idea by producers. This ranks up there as one of the most unsafe tasks TAR has ever done before. For those of you who don't know, imagine the TAR23 task where they had to ride down the rafting course and grab three flags. It's the same here, except the executives apparently decided this wasn't interesting enough. So, to make it more challenging, they raised the flags up so that no contestant would be able to grab them without jumping. Yeah. Jumping in a moving white-water raft.

Nearly every single contestant walked away from the task with an injury of some sort. Yiru got a gash on his face, Xiaopeng got tons of abrasions on his arms and legs as well as an excess of water in his ears. Weitong got trapped underwater briefly, and she was very upset once she reached shore. She was loudly yelling at production and fellow contestants that she nearly lost her life just for a game, and I sympathize with her. You can see that many of the other teams were quite upset at what they had to go through.

Of course, let's not forget that this task took a team out of the race due to injury. Yueliang ("Izabella") slipped off of her raft and got dragged under it by the pull of the water. As she described on-air, the bone in her lower leg actually popped out and then back into its socket. She nearly dislocated her tibia, and her father was too concerned to let her continue.

This still stands out to me as one of the hardest things on TAR to watch. It's really dangerous and a bad idea, and I'm surprised no-one on the crew spoke up and said they should probably make things a little bit safer for the contestants. Does anyone agree?

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #222 on: December 12, 2017, 11:31:53 PM »
Oh wow, I totally forgot about that. I need to rewatch the first season. That was insane.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #223 on: December 13, 2017, 12:59:41 AM »
This sounds terrible. Where is the safety of The Amazing Race? Clearly, these Chinese version doesn't have safety rules, like the US version!

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #224 on: March 02, 2020, 10:52:49 AM »
I finished watching TAR China 1 a few months ago. I have the exact same sentiment about the insane rafting task in the UAE. I watched that episode with knowledge of Godfrey Gao's death in another Chinese TV show, Chase Me, in Nov 2019.

The TAR producers were lucky that everyone survived that challenge.

---

Anyway my fave team that season was Li Xiaopeng and Li Anqi. I think they were one of only two teams to have finished in the top 3 in every leg they finished, with an average placement of 1.73 overall. Interestingly, Li Xiaopeng also starred in that ill-fated show Chase Me, but he appeared on a different episode.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 11:09:02 AM by Genius »