Author Topic: TARCanada2 EP 2 LIVE SHOW Discussion July 15 @ 9PM  (Read 11364 times)

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TARCanada2 EP 2 LIVE SHOW Discussion July 15 @ 9PM
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2014, 06:49:58 AM »
Basically, I liked this episode, but it felt really dragged out at parts. I'm still tremendously enjoying the season so far though!

CAST RANKINGS FOR EPISODE 2:

Natalie & Meaghan
Sukhi & Jinder
Cormac & Nicole
Alain & Audrey
Laura & Jackie
Jen & Shawn
Mickey & Pete
Rob & Ryan

*gap*
Pierre & Michel

*major gap*
Rex & Bob

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2014, 07:57:40 AM »
I find Rexbob absolutely hilarious! Going from first to worst to penalties just too funny

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2014, 08:22:00 AM »
Meh. Sure they are a source of humour, but way, way too particular. The chair only had to support the guy. It didn't have to be the best on the beach. Taking penalties like that when you are in the lead group? Geesh.

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2014, 12:58:18 PM »
Just rewatched the episode. Favourite moments: Sukhi & Jinder tumbling off the bikes; Alain and Audrey speaking French when they panic & argue; the beach babe judges getting excited when actual surfing dudes Pete and Mickey show up; and Pete and Mickey trying to take a short cut to the mat, through the bushes at shore. Looks like a gif to me!!! hahaha

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2014, 12:59:26 PM »
Reminded me of the three way dash to the pitstop in TAR9  :funny:

Offline Philimination

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Phil is ready to Philiminate
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2014, 01:13:10 PM »
A very good leg again!

Tough tasks and a great cast! The US version needs to learn from them  :funny:

But Rex & Bob... why would you take the penalty when you finished the chair and took it apart  :groan: ?! At least consult the judge before deciding to take it apart?

ALSO: Finally, TAR Canada is leaving Canada and going to Hong Kong!  :conf:
You are the last team to arrive.
This is a Philmination leg, so I'm sorry to tell you that you have been Philiminated from the race.

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2014, 01:24:52 PM »
About the chair, I think only The Hockey, Ryan & Rob, The Lesbians are the good ones. The others are just so bad.

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2014, 05:21:02 PM »
A very good leg again!

Tough tasks and a great cast! The US version needs to learn from them  :funny:

But Rex & Bob... why would you take the penalty when you finished the chair and took it apart  :groan: ?! At least consult the judge before deciding to take it apart?

ALSO: Finally, TAR Canada is leaving Canada and going to Hong Kong!  :conf:

Well, I think we know who this year's "villain edit" is.

And I totally agree about the tasks :(

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2014, 05:39:51 PM »
The chairs only had to stay up. They didn't have to look good. Bob seems like a perfectionist. They were still on the beach when Shawn was injured, so I suspect they knew they couldn't lose this leg, why bother finishing? I have mixed feelings about them. They come up with some good one-liners but they are starting to annoy me at the same time. They will certainly become villains next week at the U Turn....like Rachel and Brandon maybe? A mixed bag.

Offline runningblind

• RFF Full Member
  • Hope sir Terry had a pleasant talk with DEATH.
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2014, 06:13:41 PM »
Rex & Bob are tremendously irritating for me. Especially "We need to sit on the bench for 6 hours!" - well, you've asked for it.

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2014, 09:01:40 PM »
Rex & Bob are tremendously irritating for me. Especially "We need to sit on the bench for 6 hours!" - well, you've asked for it.
Kind of reminded me of kids having to wait outside the Principal's office because they didn't do their homework or don't play by the rules.  :funny: They promised to make up for it on Twitter. Somehow I don't think so.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2014, 10:59:42 PM »
Another fantastic leg by TARCanada!!! TARUS needs to do better, like the leg was almost flawless! Very difficult Detour and Roadblock and Active Route Marker, lots of placement shifts that I love! <3

My only complaint is how the flight split was EXACTLY the same as it was in Leg 1, so it was really linear in that sense and where there was very little if no position shifts between flights in Leg 1, but Leg 2 made up for it where teams 2 hours behind caught up and passed teams!

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2014, 07:13:22 AM »
The chairs only had to stay up. They didn't have to look good. Bob seems like a perfectionist. They were still on the beach when Shawn was injured, so I suspect they knew they couldn't lose this leg, why bother finishing? I have mixed feelings about them. They come up with some good one-liners but they are starting to annoy me at the same time. They will certainly become villains next week at the U Turn....like Rachel and Brandon maybe? A mixed bag.

If that's the case... double elimination anyone?!

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2014, 07:27:10 AM »
nvm
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 08:09:25 AM by gamerfan09 »

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2014, 08:05:38 AM »

LOL if you think Brendon & Rachel were the villains on TAR24.

LOL back at  you. Hahaha. Like I said...mixed bag, because a lot of people loved to laugh at them. I don't expect TARC to portray any team full villain...this will be the closest they come. The team you love to hate. Can't live with them, can't live without them.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2014, 08:52:59 AM »

Ew no. DELs then put 4 NELs in one season which is way too much IMO. Plus, to avoid rigging, TARCan has to plan everything out so they cannot eliminate someone simply for quitting a task and causing a DEL

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2014, 10:24:56 AM »

Ew no. DELs then put 4 NELs in one season which is way too much IMO. Plus, to avoid rigging, TARCan has to plan everything out so they cannot eliminate someone simply for quitting a task and causing a DEL

Rex & Bob seemed like great characters on the first episode, but I think if they were to be saved by a non-elimination now, it would not go over well with viewers. They pretty much became like Dave & Connor after the U-Turn this week. In one episode going from a team that people liked to a team that looks too weak for the race after quitting back to back tasks.

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2014, 10:22:39 AM »
The race is harder
Cast is competitive

I love hockey and alain and audrey.
The others are meh but i love their competitive spirit
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2014, 08:45:18 PM »
WOW... many Canadians are upset because next episode the race continue outside Canada  :stare
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 11:03:57 AM by Nyoman_SB1 »

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2014, 09:15:41 PM »
I really hope they stop complaining because international travel is what makes TAR so fun, and knowing how well TARCan can make legs, I can't wait to see what they come up with in China! It would be a TRAGEDY if ratings drop because of it because TARCan is so good!

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2014, 10:49:39 PM »
I wouldn't worry about it. They complained when they stayed in Canada, they complained when there was no team from certain provinces. I guess we have to complain about something when we gather at Timmies. LOL They will complain when they head back to Canada too.

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2014, 12:00:29 AM »
They'll probably complain when the Race route doesn't completely circumnavigate the globe....
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2014, 07:11:09 AM »
They'll probably complain when the Race route doesn't completely circumnavigate the globe....

Oh that's guaranteed  :funny:

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2014, 10:18:24 AM »
I like the route, in and out of Canada like a boomerang. But I`m sure what some people are thinking is that it's not coming back until the end.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2014, 11:27:52 AM »
I don't really like the route and it's really confusing, but I understand why they did it with the Air Canada product placement.