Archive > TAR Canada

TAR CANADA 2 Contestants - Mickey Henry and Pete Schmalz (Best Friends)

(1/8) > >>

Alenaveda:
Mickey Henry and Pete Schmalz (Best Friends)

Mickey Henry

Twitter: @whatwakepark

Current City: Seguin, Ont.
Hometown: Parry Sound, Ont.
Strengths: Intellectual, easy-going, active
Fears/Phobias: Blood
Favourite Travel Destination: “Muskoka (home) – or anywhere off the beaten path.”
Pet Peeve about Teammate: “He steals my jokes, and then butchers them.”

Pete Schmalz

Twitter: @whatwakepark

Current City: Parry Sound, Ont.
Hometown: Parry Sound, Ont.
Strengths: Handsome, funny, modest
Fears/Phobias: Work
Favourite Travel Destination: Guatemala
Pet Peeve about Teammate: “He sings songs he doesn’t know the words to over and over again…like, learn the words or don’t sing the song. Jeez!”

TEAM BIO

These best friends are most at home in their scenic locale of Muskoka, Ont., located a little more than 200 kilometres north of Toronto. “It’s kind of hard to pin point [the exact location] because we live, like, in the middle of the woods,” says Mickey. He and his best bud Pete have been best friends for so long they can’t even remember how they first met. Their lifelong friendship and “calm under pressure” attitudes make them top competitors this season, according to them.

Mickey and Pete believe life is an adventure that always works out. They live life by having fun and being carefree, “Kill ‘em with kindness,” said Pete. The friends share a love for extreme sports and have sustained many injuries while pursuing wakeboarding and other adventurous activities. One of their proudest accomplishments is the design and build of What Wake Park in Muskoka, a water-sport park run on a cable system that Mickey created and operates in the summer.

The guys want to compete on 'The Amazing Race Canada' before entering a challenging work force in hopes that their winnings will bring them security in paying off massive school debts. They expect that people will judge them on their appearance and are fine with that, so long as no one knows that these small town boys have strength, speed, and outdoor skills that may outmatch their competition.

Motto: “Long hair, don’t care.”

Team they most associate with from Season 1: Mickey: “Jet and Dave – same kind of bromance.” Pete: “Vanessa and Celina – it’s not easy being beautiful.”

Leafsfan.:
Don't let their shaggy hair fool you: Mickey and Pete say they will be serious contenders on 'The Amazing Race Canada'
Don’t let their long, shaggy locks and chilled-out attitudes fool you. Best friends Mickey Henry and Pete Schmalz say they’re going to be serious contenders on “The Amazing Race Canada.”

“I think teams might underestimate us because of our long hair. Maybe they’ll think we’re bozos or whatever but secretly, we’re like amazing,” says Mickey, 24.

But it doesn’t mean they aren’t going to have a little fun along the way.

“I think a lot of other teams are super serious (wearing) spandex and stuff but we’re a little bit more carefree,” says Mickey.

“We don’t get upset over anything. I think other teams are going to break down. We might, too, but we’re pretty chill,” adds Pete, 24.

The two friends have known each other since they’ve been two years old, growing up as neighbours in Parry Sound, Ont.

“We grew up best friends forever so we’re like pretty much the same person,” says Pete.

Between travelling the world together and wakeboarding (Mickey owns an environmentally-friendly wakeboard park in Muskoka), what other kind of fun adventures have these two had over the years?

“A lot of nudity comes to mind,” says Mickey with a laugh. “Fun adventures, sometimes in the buff. In the summer we hang out every single day.”

The two friends are confident they’ll get along just as well on the “Race.”

“I don’t know if one of us is going to emerge as the leader. I don’t really think it’s going to be that way. We’ve been together this long and been through so many experiences and it’s always kind of been like a mutual thing, there’s not really any dominance in the relationship,” says Pete.

But the two friends have been separated as of late with Pete finishing up his fourth year of university in tourism and hotel management in Kamloops, B.C., and Mickey, who has a degree in commerce-accounting, working in Alberta on the oil rigs.

“It’s been tough trying to prepare for the ‘Race,’ when we’re so far apart,” says Pete. “I’ve been jogging and swimming a ton. I was in school so mentally I feel pretty sharp, just going through exams and stuff.”

“I don’t think we take training as seriously as we should have. It’s just more for fun,” adds Mickey.

It might be just for fun but they also have big plans for the prize money should they win.

“Definitely pay off my student debt. Maybe we’ll buy a sailboat and sail around the world,” says Pete.

“Like pirates,” adds Mickey.

Source:http://www.ctv.ca/TheAmazingRaceCanada/Articles/Season-Two/amazing_race_canada_season_2_mickey_pete_serious_c.aspx

Leafsfan.:
https://www.youtube.com/v/6_2UYZQS3Y0

Credit: Youtube user: cisolatw

Maanca:
My impression after 2 episodes: These guys are totally BJ & Tyler 2.0, and I love it.

georgiapeach:
I am liking them a lot too! I like their carefree attitude, but THANKFULLY they are not over the top like BJ and Tyler became.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version