Author Topic: TAR CANADA 2 Contestants - Pierre Forget and Michel Forget (Twin Brothers)  (Read 9120 times)

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
Pierre Forget and Michel Forget (Twin Brothers)

Pierre Forget

Current City: Terrebonne, Que.
Hometown: Terrebonne, Que.
Strengths: Positive, funny, charming
Fears/Phobias: none
Favourite Travel Destination: French Alps
Pet Peeve about Teammate: “Michel is loose cannon sometimes. He should take the time to understand what he has to do and why.”

Michel Forget

Current City: Terrebonne, Que.
Hometown: Terrebonne, Que.
Strengths: Positive, fearless, charming
Fears/Phobias: Spiders
Favourite Travel Destination: Îles de la   Madeleine, Que.
Pet Peeve about Teammate: “[When he thinks he is] Mr. Perfect, Mr. Right!”

TEAM BIO

The Forget brothers were delivered as a team 42 years ago and have since shared a passion for competition, sport, and life in general.

Before becoming dedicated to their current roles, both brothers competed in high-level freestyle skiing. Michel gave up his dream of being a competitive skier so that Pierre could compete full time, as their family could not afford for both boys to be heavily involved in the sport. Pierre went on to become a member of the Canadian Freestyle Ski Association team and won the International Ski Federation (FIS) Moguls World Cup title in 1994.

With their positive personalities and driven attitudes the brothers moved forward, never looked back, and continue to set new goals. They view 'The Amazing Race Canada' as the ultimate challenge.

These identical twins now co-run the family meatpacking business located about 30 kilometres outside of Montreal. Like most twins, Pierre and Michel share an uncommon bond and often finish each other’s sentences. “If viewers enjoy sparkling yet very tasty and powerful cocktails, let’s say that we are like a mix of ‘Bon Cop/Bad Cop’ with some ‘Fred and Barney’ and a dash of Bob and Doug MacKenzie…and make sure you shake it well!” said these inseparable brothers...in unison.

Motto: “Go big or go home. Be fast and effective. Losing is not an option.”

Team they most associate with from Season 1:
Pierre: “Jet and Dave”, Michel: “Absolutely the twin sisters!”
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Former competitive skiers (and twin brothers) Pierre and Michel ready to compete as a team on 'Amazing Race Canada'

Twins Pierre and Michel Forget competed against each other in freestyle skiing growing up and are now looking forward to competing as a team on “The Amazing Race Canada.”

“We competed when we were young in freestyle skiing, moguls specifically. When you are twins one person always ends up coming in ahead of the other, so this is the first time we can win something together, that’s the main point,” says Michel.

The 42-year-old brothers from Terrebonne, QC, both started out on the same competitive ski path but when their parents couldn’t afford to have them both so heavily involved, Michel gave up his dream so Pierre could have a chance.

He went on to join the Canadian Freestyle Ski Association team and won the International Ski Federation (FIS) Moguls World Cup title in 1994.

“When we were young I had to do fundraising because it was costing a lot of money, something like $15,000 to $20,000 a year . . . we found the money ourselves. It was easy because we had our own business – we were doing golf tournaments,” explains Pierre.

“Michel quit because it was not enough for both of us. Michel basically gave up his career in terms of amateur status, going on the national level, and wanted to do pro, which was a lot less costly so I could benefit from all the money.”

Read More: Pierre and Michel's Bio

Pierre is forever grateful for his brother’s sacrifice and says if they win “The Amazing Race Canada,” he’s giving his share of the prize money to his brother. 

“He gave up his dream so that would be something,” says Pierre, as he fights back tears.

“I’ll take the money so we can have a nice trip together, a skiing trip,” says Michel.

Even though Pierre was able to achieve much success in his athletic career, his one disappointment was not qualifying for the Olympic Games. 

“Every Olympics they were sending three to four moguls skiers since the sport existed and the only time they didn’t do that was in 1994 in Lillehammer, when I was the third one ranked in Canada . . . (this) will be our Olympics,” he says.

And the brothers, who now co-run the family meatpacking company, say they’ve got what it takes to win it all.

“We sweat sports, we sweat competition, we love to compete, we love to do extreme things and that’s why I think the show is for us,” says Pierre.

“I think we’re built for this kind of race,” adds Michel.

Source:http://www.ctv.ca/TheAmazingRaceCanada/Articles/Season-Two/amazing_race_canada_season_2_pierre_michel_compete.aspx

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/0gEksXerPkI" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/0gEksXerPkI</a>

Credit: Youtube user: cisolatw

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
I love how both French teams switch languages when talking to each other. Considering not all us Canadians know French (I've forgotten 85% of it since high school!), that could actually be useful as a strategy when other teams are within earshot.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
ew no I hated it. Mickey and Pete put it well, it's one thing to lie about it, and it's another thing to just not say. But tbh i wouldn't trust what anyone says and now no one should trust them anymore.

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
ew no I hated it. Mickey and Pete put it well, it's one thing to lie about it, and it's another thing to just not say. But tbh i wouldn't trust what anyone says and now no one should trust them anymore.
Oh come on...it was hilarious! Like Bugs Bunny saying "They went that away". Maybe Mickey and Pete should have known better than to trust two guys hiding in a doorway in Hong Kong!!! It always gets me when one team asks another for help anyways, but the Dudes asked the ones they knew to be liars.

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Pierre used to compete in the late 1990's as a moguls skier on the world cup circuit.

http://data.fis-ski.com/dynamic/athlete-biography.html?sector=FS&listid=&competitorid=17753

He almost qualified for the Olympics in 1998 but didn't make.

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Karma bit these two right in the A// lol

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Michel and Pierre bid adieu to The Amazing Race Canada in Paris

Normally, my weekly interviews with the eliminated team on The Amazing Race Canada take place via phone the morning after the episode in question airs. This time out, however, I had the opportunity to talk with the last-place team just after they were last to the mat on the Paris leg of the Race.

Shortly after twins Pierre and Michel Forget learned their Race was done, I climbed into a passenger van parked on the bank of the Seine with the brothers from Terrabonne, Que, about 30 kilometres outside of Montreal. As we were transported back to the hotel, we chatted about their experience on the series.

Question: Michel, what was the hardest part of being on the Race for you?

Michel: My barrier of language. Pierre speaks more (English) than me and being shy maybe. And maybe not understanding all the time the English. Just tell me: I’m the driver, turn left, turn right.

Q: As twins, do you think you were better prepared for the rigours of the Race than some of the other teams?

Michel: We can argue, be upset, but one second after it’s done, phht! No hard feelings. It’s just like that with us.

Pierre: I think it was the perfect match. To be twins, you have an edge you can use in the Race. I would not run with any other person. It was a TV show meant for us. And we wanted to (run it in a) very supportive, sportsmanship, effective, funny way. I think you will see that we were having fun.

Q: Have you learned new things about each other?

Pierre: No, we pretty much know each other. We have been together all the time. I had his feet in my face for seven and a half months! We work together.

Michel: When we are not together, I go and have supper at his home. We call for no reason. Even when we work together, (that night we) still talk three or four times per night. ‘Hey, what are you doing?’

Pierre: It’s funny, because every time he calls me, he goes, ‘Hi Pierre, it’s Michel.’ ‘I know who’s calling. You don’t have to say it’s Michel.’

Q: Michel, I was there at the Mentos challenge. That was hard to watch after awhile.

Michel: Oh, yeah. I was trying, the red thing with a little bit more white, I was thinking that was another colour.

Pierre: I think he thought there was more colours than it was, actually. That became an issue. They were not totally perfect ... I was looking at it and with another competitor, we thought it was an issue with the lights and stuff, but we were far away. But we’re not making excuses. What happened happened. Nothing is going to change the result, but I think Michel was struggling with it.

Q: Pierre, how hard was it for you to watch him all those hours at the challenge?

Pierre: Oh my God, it was very hard and it’s not, at the same time. It’s hard because you would like to do things to get him out of there, but it’s not hard because we promised we would have no hard feelings about it. You win as a team and you lose as a team.

Interview over, I ask the pair about that curse surrounding the upcoming Game 7 in the Habs-Bruins series in the Stanley Cup playoffs. They laugh it off. (And with good reason: their beloved Canadiens took the series 4-3.)

“No, we’ve had our bad luck for today,” Pierre says as we unload at the hotel. A scant 30 minutes later, the twins have rounded up a few hockey fans and take a cab to The Great Canadian Pub. As they’ve been eliminated, the brothers are no longer sequestered back in the hotel with the other teams.

The 1 a.m. puck drop doesn’t deter hockey fans who pack the cosy bar across from Ile de Cite to take in the game via satellite. After the crowd belts out O Canada (in both official languages), the brothers hug one another, exchange kisses on their cheeks and turn to watch the action on the big-screen. Their Race may be over, but their night is just beginning.

Source:http://www.calgaryherald.com/sports/Michel+Pierre+adieu+Amazing+Race+Canada+Paris/10151617/story.html

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Ousted twins say 'Amazing Race Canada' portrayed them as villains

TORONTO - A malevolent move doomed mischievous twins in the City of Love, as Pierre and Michel Forget were surprisingly ousted from "The Amazing Race Canada" during a sojourn to Paris in which the air was filled with romance and rancour in equal measure.

The scrappy siblings fell in a flurry of Mentos candy after going back on their word by vindictively utilizing the U-Turn, one of two teams to make use of the spiteful tactic and inject some welcome animosity into a race that has been otherwise genteel thus far.

The target of the twins' failed powerplay, Montreal couple Alain Chanoine and Audrey Tousignant-Maurice, not only survived the leg, they ended it on bended knee — with Chanoine cementing their two-year relationship with an impromptu Pit Stop wedding proposal that had his now-fiancee spilling tears of joy.

If it seemed like this was an episode in which everything was changing, clockwork-consistent Olympian duo Meaghan Mikkelson and Natalie Spooner were there to provide a dose of steely-eyed stasis. Once again, the no-nonsense teammates coasted to a first-place finish.

"Is that the fifth time?" Natalie queried in a post-victory interview.

"Sixth," corrected Meaghan.

"Sixth time!" squealed Natalie. "We're in first place for the sixth time!"

"We're not counting, though," Meaghan concluded sternly.

Other than the continued dominance of the gold medallist hockey players, however, little in Tuesday's winding instalment felt predictable.

Much of that was due to the season's first U-Turn opportunity. For those uninitiated, the competitive device allows teams to force one pair behind them to complete both Detour challenges rather than the customary one.

As the teams gathered a train station in Normandy, France to await their rail trip to Paris — apparently the first-ever train ride for the blond-locked Mickey Henry — the potential pitfall was already top-of-mind for some teams.

"We want to talk to Pierre and Michel," said Alain. "We're thinking we're from Quebec, they're from Quebec — we should stick together."

And initially, the twins seemed receptive.

"We are not the U-turning type of people," one of the brothers told Alain and Audrey in French. "If we kick out some Quebec team, we're all gonna look stupid. So we have to stick together."

In actuality, the devious duo secretly planned a U-Turn on their U-Turn stance.

"U-Turning is part of this game," Pierre reasoned. "We love Quebec but we came here to win."

First, teams had to complete the Detour, of course. One of this week's options forced a fevered sprint through the historic Marais district in search of three marked cafe chalkboards. Teams had to order each of the trio of menu items then jog them all back to waiting diners, who then needed to hear the selections read back verbatim.

The other option (which almost no one opted to complete by choice) injected a little "Project Runway" into the race, requiring teams to visit the prestigious fashion school Ecoles de la Chambre Syndicale de la Couture Parisienne and pin pieces of fabric to a mannequin (apparently known as a "Judy") to mimic a new runway look.

After Mickey and best pal Pete Henry took an impromptu whisk through the French countryside care of a clueless taxi driver, the teams got down to work, mostly finding the tasks fairly straightforward. Helpfully, the cafes were located within a tight cluster and the phrases — including "fromage charcuterie" — were simple even for French neophytes.

Though it didn't stop Sukhi Atwal from brainstorming a mnemonic device to the mild irritation of brother Jinder.

"Like 'char' is our neighbour, put a Q in it, and put a tree in it," she relayed breathlessly. "Can you listen to me for a minute?"

"I need my own method!" he snapped back.

Sukhi again displayed her flair for French as they found their second of three menu items.

"One more. Uno," she announced. Once they successfully served the grateful diners, she replied — again with a randomly placed French flourish — "No problemo."

Before Sukhi and Jinder reached that point, though, they instigated the episode's other major element of drama by lying openly to Vancouver bartenders Ryan Steele and Rob Goddard about their progress.

After this understandable lapse in manners, both teams for whatever reason were suddenly resolved to U-Turning the other. As it happened, the Terrace, B.C., siblings reached the board first.

"We don't know what's coming forward so we have to U-Turn them just so we cover our bases," reasoned Jinder.

"I hate them," replied Ryan in a talking-head later.

So Alain and Audrey and Ryan and Rob were thus relegated to completing both halves of the Detour, a chore they mutually accomplished seemingly buoyed by a wave of resentment.

"As we're pinning the dress on this Judy," said Ryan, needle in hand, "I wish I was actually pinning it onto Sukhi's skin."

The only teams untouched by the suddenly acrimonious atmosphere were Natalie and Meaghan — simply too fast for everyone — and Mickey and Pete, so blissfully unstressed that they sometimes seem to be running their race in cheerful isolation.

"We're not U-Turned!" enthused Mickey as they reached the board to see that they had been spared. "Holy baloney!"

All these malignant machinations made for an awkward scene when the teams became bunched up at the week's nefarious Road Block.

The challenge required the methodical reconstruction of a work by French street artist Bastek using only Mentos candy, to be carefully judged by the artist himself.

"Oh my goodness," lamented Natalie upon arrival. "This looks impossible."

She then completed the task with her usual effortless efficiency, but others struggled. Michel in particular laboured and laboured on his candy creation, to the point where all teams but the hockey players were working simultaneously.

"Now it's time for payback," announced Alain with gleeful venom as he and his partner finally arrived, turning his attention to Pierre. "Are you still here? Damn, you guys are so slow."

Ryan and Rob arrived eventually too — a feat considering the pair also had to complete an accordion-themed Speed Bump after finishing at the back of the pack in last week's non-elimination round — although Jinder didn't immediately seem to experience any remorse.

"Not going to lie, U-Turning Rob and Ryan was the best thing I did of all time," he declared with typical aplomb.

"Don't even look at me," Ryan spat upon arrival.

If Jinder was untouched by regret, it was tempting to wonder whether Michel felt the same.

He laboured over the Mentos task for hour after hour, staring in disbelief at his apparently flawed sugar creation. While other teams helped each other out — Pete and Audrey loaned one another fresh eyes to spot flaws in their works — Michel was left alone to fruitlessly ponder where he had gone wrong.

Ultimately, the Atwals followed the hockey players to the Pit Stop and Mickey and Pete soon joined them for a third-place finish.

Alain and Audrey, boosted by Pete's advice, arrived next, and — bathed in the euphoria of their feisty survival and the romance of their postcard-pretty surroundings — Alain shocked his partner by falling to one knee.

"Right now, you're teaching me how to love, you're teaching me compassion, and the one mistake I don't want to do is to spend the rest of my life without you," he said.

Flustered, Audrey accepted the proposal by first shouting "You're crazy!" in French.

"I said yes," she added. "I'm shaking! I said yes!"

While one team agreed to spend their lives together, Michel toiled for what only felt like a lifetime on his Mentos masterpiece.

Though he arrived hours later, a determined Rob ultimately won Bastek's elusive approval first, and the friends sprinted off to one of the more impressive second-last-place finishes you're likely to see.

"We worked really hard today," Rob said. "We fought our hardest."

Meantime, Michel took roughly eight hours before finally assembling something worthy of the master's approval.

The pair — former competitive skiiers who now co-run a meat-packing plant — jogged in upbeat unison to their elimination.

"You guys probably haven't spent this much time together since you were in the womb," host Jon Montgomery marvelled in a chipper tone.

"It's the first time that we spend 24 hours a day, seven days a week together for a month since college," agreed Pierre. "It's just unbelievable."

Until this week, the inseparable siblings had looked to pose a formidable challenge to the rest of the field, perhaps second only to the hockey players. They were athletic, clever and capable, not to mention imbued with a competitive edge that won them few friends but seemed to position them for a lengthy run.

Still, they were positive upon defeat.

"When you're twins, anything can happen, but you're never going to be alone," said Michel.

Added Pierre: "It's sad, but life goes on. It's so much fun. It was just a blast."

Later, the Forgets discussed their controversial run and ouster with The Canadian Press.

CP: Watching the show, how did you feel you were represented?

Pierre: I mean, we already knew that ... (there was) kind of a script. Not that it's already wrote — but some teams would have been seen like the funny teams, some team would be the racer team, some team would be the villain. And I was very surprised that we ended up being the villain, which we're not. It's all editing. And it's OK. It's their show. I thought we'd be more of the funny duo, than what they showed. But it's their show, you know.

CP: Do you feel like you were treated unfairly?

Pierre: How could we say that? It's OK. We weren't there to make friends.

Michel: It's half a million dollars on the table. So you're not there to make polite decisions.

CP: Some teams accused you of running a dirty race because you intentionally misled them.

Michel: It's a race. You don't help anybody.

Pierre: It's "Amazing Help Canada." Everybody's helping each other. The thing is, me and Michel we went into it as a racer ... we were not expecting to be helped and we were not thinking about helping anyone else. People were struggling with a formula or the name of the street or whatever — they're not dying. They're not drowning. They're just having a hard time to find the solution.

I don't understand why this help thing is going on. It's their call. I would be very, very pissed off by getting beat by a team I helped three shows before.

CP: Michel, I'm guessing you haven't reached for a pack of Mentos since the show ended.

Michel (laughing): You know, I hate candy.

- See more at: http://www.coastreporter.net/ousted-twins-say-amazing-race-canada-portrayed-them-as-villains-1.1330495#sthash.ZmbWKkN0.dpuf

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Extra: ‘Amazing Race Canada’: Episode 8: Extended Mat Chats: Pierre and Michel
What you didn’t see on the show from the twin brothers in Paris.

http://www.ctv.ca/TheAmazingRaceCanada/video.aspx?vid=425415

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Forgetting 'Amazing Race Canada's' Michel and Pierre

Quebec solidarity? Not on The Amazing Race Canada.

During the show’s leg in Paris Tuesday, viewers saw an epic double-cross between teams from La Belle Province. Bad-boy twins Pierre and Michel Forget agreed not to place a U Turn in front of Alain Chanoine and his fiancé Audrey Tousignant-Maurice, saying they’d never betray fellow Quebecois.

And then they did.

But in what some might have seen as karmic justice, the Forgets cut short their own Amazing Race at a Road Block when Michel was unable to replicate a piece of modern art made entirely of Mentos candies (!). He spent eight frustrating hours on the challenge, as team after team completed it – including Alain and Audrey (who became an engaged couple in the episode after Alain proposed).

“Michel has had therapy and he now eats Mentos every five minutes,” Pierre joked in a phone interview the day after a nation saw them eliminated.

But he scoffed at the idea of a Team Quebec.

“It’s ridiculous,” the former freestyle ski champ said. “This is not a province competition, it’s not a political game. It’s a half a million dollars on the table. It’s Amazing Race Canada and we are racers.”

There were also hard feelings in play. “The thing the show doesn’t show is that Alain and Audrey had built an alliance – that Nicole and Cormac, Rex and Bob would be aiming for us at any time. It was managed by Audrey.”

So after their accomplices were eliminated, “it was funny to see them come and be nice to us, to make it all better.

“In my head, with all due respect, the only thing you can do with liars and hypocrites is to become like them. Y’know, I lied to them, but it was a strategic lie. We decided you’re either being hunted or you hunt. And that’s what we did. It didn’t work out the way we planned, and that’s okay.”

Forget allowed that Alain and Audrey are strong contenders to win, adding yet another snark, “I think you either U Turn a strong team or a team you don’t like. And Alain and Audrey were both of them.”

But ultimately, he said the favourites remain Olympic gold-medal hockey players Meaghan and Natalie (who won Tuesday for the sixth time this season).

“For me, it’s the brunettes, Natalie and Meaghan. They’re so smart, so strong, very competitive and very lucky at the same time.

“They’re very charming people, which everybody was. No bashing on anyone. We came in not expecting to help anyone and not expecting anyone to help us.”

He said The Amazing Race experience has hardly caused a ripple in their hometown, just outside Montreal. “In Quebec, the show doesn’t register as much as English Canada. In our hometown, I think we were recognized twice from the show.” The brothers are back to their normal life, running the family meatpacking business.

As for their status as The Amazing Race’s resident bad guys, Forget said, “It’s reality TV and you’re only as charming as they edit you. They needed a bad guy and we realized that. There’s always two sides to every story.”

Source:http://www.torontosun.com/2014/08/27/forgetting-amazing-race-canadas-michel-and-pierre

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
USING THE U-TURN COULDN’T SAVE PIERRE AND MICHEL FROM ELIMINATION ON ‘AMAZING RACE CANADA’

Pierre and Michel Forget made a strategic game move by U-turning another team in Paris but a difficult Roadblock derailed their plan and sent them packing instead.

The twin brothers from Terrebonne, Que., have no regrets about using the U-turn on fellow Quebec team Alain and Audrey, even though the brothers promised the dating couple earlier in the leg they wouldn’t do so.

“At the beginning of the show we asked Alain and Audrey, (we said), ‘We are from Quebec so we are going to help each other? We’re going to kind of work together?’ and they never answered the question,” says Pierre.

The twins, who co-own a meatpacking business outside of Montreal, say they never ended up working with the dating couple and when an opportunity came up to U-turn them they took it.

“It’s a tool of the game. It’s like playing a chess match . . . Alain and Audrey were a really strong team. Alain is really physical and Audrey is a smart girl . . . and we heard they wanted to take us down, we wanted to take them (down), too,” says Michel.

“But it didn’t work.”

Even though Pierre and Michel arrived at the Roadblock challenge before many of the other teams, Michel struggled to reproduce a piece of art using only Mentos candy and attempted the challenge for almost eight hours before finally completing it. 

(Michel works on the Roadblock challenge)

Michel says he had difficulty distinguishing the colours used in the original artwork, which is why it took so long to get it right.

“In my mind I was not seeing the same colour. I was looking too much at the Mentos, not at the picture, so I saw a different shade in the Mentos. Some were red and some were less red than the other ones so I was trying too much to make perfection and I lost it there.”

Pierre says it was just as difficult waiting on the sidelines and watching all the teams come and go.

(Pierre waits for his brother as Alain looks on in the background)

“I think Michel over thought this thing way too much. It was terrible (to watch him struggle).”

But despite being eliminated, both brothers say running the “Race” with each other made the experience a memorable one.

“I’d do it 100 times with him again. But I would not let him do a Mentos challenge,” says Pierre with a laugh. 

Source:http://www.ctv.ca/TheAmazingRaceCanada/Articles/Season-Two/amazing_race_canada_S2_pierre_michel_eliminated.asp4

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
The Amazing Race Canada: Five questions with Pierre and Michel

Quebec natives Pierre and Michel Forget were eliminated from The Amazing Race Canada after a dramatic episode filled with betrayal and karmic irony. The pair made a deal with Alain and Audrey that they wouldn't U-Turn each other, only to break it and U-Turn the couple later on. You could say Audrey got her own back, though, when she teamed up with Pete during a challenge after the U-Turn and finished before the twins. Michel was stumped by the task, finally re-creating a piece of art with Mentos eight hours after he started.

We sat down with the Forget brothers when they stopped by The Social for a few web-exclusive questions about what they learned, what they'd change, and whether they'll ever eat Mentos again.

Q: What did you learn about each other from this experience?

Pierre Forget: I learned that my name was not only “Pierre,” it was also, “Pierre, Pierre,” “Pierre, Pierre, Pierre,” “Pierre! Pierre! Pierre! Pierre! Pierre!” We work together all the time, it's communicating without talking, without words. We know. We didn't race the race in terms of strategizing, of who's going to take the challenge. For all the roadblocks, it was just, “You did the last one, now it's my turn.” We only played strategically with Alain and Audrey because they wanted to kick us out for many legs, and it didn't happen. We found out and it was bulls--t. Other than that, I think my brother doesn't like Mentos.

I don't blame you. Are you sworn off Mentos now?

Michel Forget: Nope, I'm in therapy. [pulls packet of Mentos from his pocket.]

No!

MF: Yeah, it's true.

Q: Let's talk about the Mentos challenge. You guys broke an alliance with Alain and Audrey when you U-turned them. Pete and Audrey went on to team up during the challenge and finished sooner. Would you change anything about the way you dealt with other teams?

PF: No. We signed up for a show called Amazing Race Canada, and I felt that when you looked at the way some of the other teams played, it should have been called Amazing Help Canada. We're strong competitors, we're highly competitive; we were not expecting to be helped and we were not expecting to help anyone. Half a million dollars is a lot of money. It's a race, and that's what we signed up for. I would not do anything differently at all. The way we've been portrayed is reality TV. We did a lot of funny things that they didn't show. You can only be as funny as the producers will show. They saw us as racers, they need to have one. But there are always two sides to a story. I would not do anything differently at all.

MF: The way I see the race, a lot of teams were working together. Our plan was just to focus on ourselves.

PF: Get the Express Pass, which we did. We honoured our alliance with Natalie and Meaghan and our promise to them. We even had a discussion about what would happen if we got U-Turned, and the only team we could bring with us is Natalie and Meaghan, which was unlikely to happen. I said, “Well, I'm sinking with the ship, then, because we haven't discussed that, and that's what we promised.” The fact with Alain and Audrey is that the only way you can deal liars and hypocrites is to become like them. We had to be like that because otherwise –

MF: You don't say your strategy in front of them.

PF: We knew they wanted to kick us out.

MF: That's why they came to the back and said, “We're going to work together, we're from Quebec.”

PF: We asked them at the beginning of the leg if they wanted to work together –

MF: They never answered.

PF: It doesn't mean they're bad people, we're not b---hing or bashing anyone. But it was so funny to see that the alliances they built to kick us out collapse show after show.

MF: Nicole and Cormack, out. Bob and Rex, out. Ryan and Rob, out. After they started to talk to us, “Are you going to protect us? We're from Quebec?” Yeah, yeah. When you are hunted, you start to hunt.

PF: And it's okay. No regrets.
 :umn:

Q: The Race has been to China and France now. If you could have picked anywhere in the world to compete next, where would it be?

MF: I would love to go to Iceland. I like mountains and I like green countryside.

PF: I thought the show, on the way back from France, would hit Great Britain. I would have loved to see that, because I've never been there.

Q: What did you miss most about home?

MF: My girlfriend.

PF: I didn't miss anything. We signed up for a race; it was not the biggest moment of our life. I've been in high-level competitions before. It was something that we were looking to win. There's no place for second place, we were just there to win. I didn't miss anything, it was a full five weeks of focus. I think we were close. I think Natalie and Meaghan saw us coming. “You're the only team we can trust,” that's what they told us.

MF: That was a big prize for us, to be respected by those girls.

PF: We would honour our alliance to the point that we would've sank with the ship just because of that. We didn't want to pass as the guys with no respect, the only people were Alain and Audrey, and I repeat, the only way to deal with liars is to lie with them.

Q: If you could choose a theme song for your journey, what would it be?

MF [singing]: We are younggg... “We Are Young” by Fun. We are 42, but feel like we were in shape like we're 30.

PF: I would say “It's A Beautiful Day” by U2.

Q: Anything else you guys wanted to talk about?

PF: I think I said before, you are only as funny as the producers want you to be. We knew what we signed up for, knew that they could do anything with our image. We have a huge circle of friends and they know who we are. If we were that bad, we wouldn't have the friends we have. We're racers, and when it's time to race, it's time to race. It didn't turn out the way we planned, but that's it, that's all, no hard feelings.

Source:http://www.thesocial.ca/culture/television/amazing-race-canada-pierre-and-michel-five-questio

Offline runningblind

• RFF Full Member
  • Hope sir Terry had a pleasant talk with DEATH.

I would love to go to Iceland. I like mountains and I like green countryside.

Source:http://www.thesocial.ca/culture/television/amazing-race-canada-pierre-and-michel-five-questio

I think he meant Ireland

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
Not many mountains is Ireland! Highest is only over 1000 metres  :funny:

Offline runningblind

• RFF Full Member
  • Hope sir Terry had a pleasant talk with DEATH.

I just can't imagine a lot of green countryside in Iceland ;D LOL

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster

I just can't imagine a lot of green countryside in Iceland ;D LOL
Iceland is actually quite temperate for it's northern latitude due to volcanic activity and the Gulf Stream current.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

I would love to go to Iceland. I like mountains and I like green countryside.

I think he meant Ireland

Actually Iceland is very green. See tar6 epi 1

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
The Amazing Race Canada: Pierre and Michel
Pierre and Michel, the latest team to be eliminated from The Amazing Race Canada chat with the hosts about their experience.

http://www.ctv.ca/TheAmazingRaceCanada/video.aspx?vid=426139&tag=301

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
We welcomed Pierre and Michel Forget, the recently eliminated twins from The Amazing Race Canada, into our studio, and boy, were they coordinated! The two Terrebonne, Quebec natives sat at our mics dressed in matching suits and button down shirts (twinning!) to talk their elimination, Pierre’s ability to size people up quickly (he does the hiring for the family meat packing company) and Mentos — they even pulled a pack of Mentos out of their pockets! And if you’re a hopeful auditionee for The Amazing Race Canada, the duo has a simple piece of advice for you: be yourself.

Pierre and Michel on a local radio station.

http://www.chumfm.com/blogs/2014/08/28/roger-darren-marilyn---thursday-august-28-2014