Archive > TAR Canada

TAR CANADA 2 Contestants - Cormac Foster and Nicole Foster (Son and Mother)

(1/6) > >>

Alenaveda:
Cormac Foster and Nicole Foster (Son and Mother)

Cormac Foster 

Twitter: @Cormact7

Current City: Winnipeg
Hometown: Winnipeg
Strengths: Problem-solving, physically fit, competitive
Fears/Phobias: Drowning
Favourite Travel Destination: Costa Rica
Pet Peeve about Teammate: “My mom gets very anxious in certain situations, instead of staying calm.”

Nicole Foster

Twitter: @FosterNiki911

Current City: Winnipeg
Hometown: West Indies, Barbados
Strengths: Competitive, organized, good driver
Fears/Phobias: Heights
Favourite Travel Destination: St. Croix
Pet Peeve about Teammate: “He procrastinates all the time and is always late.”

TEAM BIO

Cormac and Nicole are a vibrant mother and son team who hope to follow in the footsteps of fellow Winnipeggers Tim Hague and Tim Hague, Jr. – Season 1 champions. Nicole was 19-years-old when she became pregnant with Cormac and made the difficult decision to put her studies on hold and dedicate her time to raising her son. Being the strong and determined woman that she is, Nicole was able to complete her schooling and graduate while raising a young child. She claims her son’s intelligence comes from reading university textbooks to get him to sleep at night.

In his own right, Cormac is quite the academic, always focused on his schoolwork and student activities, like being editor of the yearbook. During his free time, Cormac enjoys a game of hockey, football, or ultimate frisbee.

The mother and son duo often get mistaken for brother and sister, which drives Cormac crazy. Although they often bicker, these two are as close as can be. They do almost everything together, especially keeping fit and working out. Make no mistake though, mother knows best and is always in charge in the Foster household.

Cormac would love to win 'The Amazing Race Canada' in order to give his mother back all the things she put aside in order to raise him. Nicole, on the other hand, wants to put the winnings toward her son’s education.

Motto: "No matter what, we finish what we start! We will run to the mat every time!"

Team they most associate with from Season 1: Jody and Cory. “I love how they motivated and helped each other no matter what,” said Cormac.

Leafsfan.:
Cormac is all grown up but mom Nicole says she's still in charge on 'The Amazing Race Canada'
Nicole Foster may have been in charge while son Cormac was growing up but now that he’s grown up and they’re about to embark on “The Amazing Race Canada” together will the power dynamic be any different?

“Well I am ‘Mom,’” says Nicole with a laugh, “So, I am going to have to release a little bit of that control. We’ll see how that works.”

“I think we’ll get along great but you know, there may be moments of intensity.”

But Cormac, who is now 19, says he’s not worried. “Not really… it’s going to be intense. But it’ll be good.”

The mother and son team from Winnipeg, are really looking forward to having this adventure together,
especially because they’re such huge fans of “The Amazing Race.”

“When he was younger, we used to watch (the U.S. version) and play ‘Amazing Race’ in the house,” says Nicole.

“I made up my own little clues (with Detours) and Fast Forwards and everything,” says Cormac.

The pair says they’ve always spent a lot of time together and are very close.

“We kind of grew up together. He’s actually the same age now as I was when I found out I was pregnant with him,” says Nicole, who was 19 and single at the time.

“It was definitely a shock, it was hard. I was in my second year of university and it was like, ‘Whoa, this is a life changer.’ But it’s been a total blessing… He’s been the joy of my life.”

Although she had to put her studies on hold she eventually went back and found a way to juggle school and raise a young son.

“It was super hard. I took one year off and then basically went right back to school. I only finished a semester behind where I would have been . . . I was just determined,” says Nicole.

“He never slept (through the night) for the first five years of his life but what I used to do was I used to read my textbooks to him . . . I swear that knowledge transfer took place. Because, he’s incredibly intelligent.”

Cormac, who just finished his second year of bio engineering at the University of Manitoba, says he’s grateful for everything his mom sacrificed for him and says that running the “Race” together means so much because of that.

“It’s amazing to know that she actually went through all of that because of me. So, yes it’s very special,” says Cormac.

Cormac and Nicole, who often get mistaken for being brother and sister, are hoping other teams will underestimate them when they find out they are mother and son.

“Once they know it’s mom and son it might be like, ‘Oh it’s his mom.’ That’s our hope. So that we can maybe sneak in there as kind of an underdog,” says Nicole.

“But we’re both just very determined. We have a no-quit spirit. It doesn’t matter, we finish what we start.”

“We’ll never give up,” says Cormac.

Source:http://www.ctv.ca/TheAmazingRaceCanada/Articles/Season-Two/tarc_season_2_cormac_nicole_feature_mom_in_charge.aspx

Leafsfan.:
https://www.youtube.com/v/B96ne654WZM

Credit: Youtube user: cisolatw

georgiapeach:
Just realized he is only 19....

Bookworm:

--- Quote from: georgiapeach on June 26, 2014, 04:37:20 PM ---Just realized he is only 19....

--- End quote ---
He's the youngest contestant outside of the Family Edition!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version