The Amazing Race International Versions > TAR Canada

TAR CANADA 2 Contestants - Sukhi Atwal and Jinder Atwal (Siblings)

(1/11) > >>

Alenaveda:
Sukhi Atwal and Jinder Atwal (Siblings)

Sukhi Atwal

Twitter: @SukhiAtwal2

Current City: Terrace, B.C.
Hometown: Terrace, B.C.
Strengths: Driven, intense, determined
Fears/Phobias: Fast cars and taxis
Favourite Travel Destination: The Maldives
Pet Peeve about Teammate: “When he tells me to slow down.”

Jinder Atwal

Twitter: @jinderatwal

Current City: Terrace, B.C.
Hometown: Terrace, B.C.
Strengths: Ambitious, intelligent, adventurous
Fears/Phobias: Spiders
Favourite Travel Destination: Italy
Pet Peeve about Teammate: “When she tells me to do something over and over again.”

TEAM BIO

Sukhi and Jinder are the ultimate brother-sister team with ambitions to conquer the world. They have worked together on entrepreneurial pursuits at home as well as abroad and saw one of their ventures expand into South Asia. They are fierce, competitive, and very determined.

Sukhi is the demanding older sister who dreams big and never says no to a new challenge, while Jinder is the brains behind the operation and follows through on his sister’s tremendous visions. From a young age, they have been inseparable because, for Sukhi, bringing her brother along meant their parents would let her do anything. This successful duo strives to maintain a typical sibling relationship with sarcasm, rivalry, and competition. Jinder claims he will be completing challenges while his sister sits on the sidelines, which she of course vehemently denies.

Both agree that they need to relax in order to compete well on the race. “We need to comprehend the clues instead of running around like crazy people,” said Sukhi. “Moving way too fast…or doing something without slowing things down and actually thinking about it first will be our biggest challenge,” adds Jinder.

They are inspired by their father’s immigration from India to Terrace, B.C. with no money and no English vocabulary. He simply wanted to build a life of opportunity for his future children. Winning 'The Amazing Race Canada' would further Sukhi and Jinder’s beliefs that they can achieve anything.

Motto: “We will do whatever it takes! We are here to win! We got this!”

Air:
More subcontinental people <3

Leafsfan.:
Sukhi and Jinder say they'll do anything to win 'The Amazing Race Canada'
Ambitious sister and brother team Sukhi and Jinder Atwal have done everything together from travelling at a young age to starting a company that achieved international success before the age of 30, and now have their sights set on winning “The Amazing Race Canada.”

The young entrepreneurs from Terrace, B.C., say they’ll do anything they need to win, including U-turning another team, even if it means making enemies along the way.

“We don’t wish any team any bad or anything, everyone seems great, but we are competitive. Not at the expense of (other teams), but we’re just going to bring our game, zoned in,” says big sister Sukhi, 32.

“We know what we can do so we’re just going to be competing -- against ourselves even,” adds Jinder, 26.

“We’re not thinking about anything else and not thinking about anybody else.”

Sukhi and Jinder say much of their drive comes from the example set by their parents as their dad immigrated to Canada from India with only $5 in his pocket, and has passed his work ethic onto them.

“The fact that my dad just got on a plane and came to a different country, didn’t speak the language, and sacrificed his whole life, we’re just so blessed to be able to take risks.”

Their strict upbringing also contributes to their close relationship.

“I was the girl who was never allowed to go to parties or anything. But I found out if I took my little brother with me I could go everywhere. So I could go travel, even when he was younger,” says Sukhi.

“So I was 12 years old, partying, going places I shouldn’t have been,” says Jinder with a laugh.

“I could bring him everywhere! I’d go travelling, and we became best friends! Like he’d do everything for me, like as a kid!” says Sukhi.

But just because they’re close siblings who work together professionally doesn’t mean they don’t have their disagreements.

“We get along; obviously we’re siblings so we always have our ups and downs as siblings, right? But we do get along, like a deep caring,” says Sukhi.

So is Sukhi planning on being in charge as the big sister on the “Race?”

“No, I don’t think I’ll be. I might be bossy at times . . . But he’ll be like that as well. We’re more like really good friends and I respect him and his opinions,” says Sukhi.

“I mean, every now and then she does kind of treat me like I’m her son, but when it comes to the Race, I think it’ll be more friendship, kind of like we’re best friends getting things done, not like I’m a little brother,” says Jinder.

Either way, this brother and sister team has something to prove.

“We want to show Canada and the world that we’re the ultimate brother-sister duo,” says Sukhi.

“It’s like Donny and Marie, step aside! We are here!” says Jinder.

Source:http://www.ctv.ca/TheAmazingRaceCanada/Articles/Season-Two/tarc_season_2_sukhi_jinder_feature_do_anything_to_.aspx

Leafsfan.:
Sibling Team from Terrace to Compete in Amazing Race Canada
The upcoming season of Amazing Race Canada is going to feature two faces from Terrace.

Sukhi and Jinder Atwal are competing as a brother-sister team in the reality show that sends contestants all over the world.

The Atwals, who are both seasoned travelers, say they spent time before the competition began extensively training in Terrace to get ready.

“We were at North Coast, we were at Amber's bootcamp, we were running the Terrace mountain,” said Sukhi. “So we used Terrace as our training grounds, to prepare.”

The duo say they've been overwhelmed with all the Terrace-based support, and that they can't wait to represent the Northwest on a national television show.

“We're just very thankful for the support that’s coming from Terrace,” said Sukhi . “That’s one of the cool things about growing up in a small town, is that it's always home. That's where our parents are, that's where our brother is, and we grew up in that community. So it means a lot that everyone is rooting for us.”

Jinder adds that they’ve been excited to share the news with the community, which was announced this morning.

“We've been keeping the secret in for so long now, and it’s just nice to finally get it out,” said Jinder. “And we just want to make everyone back at home super proud. It feels awesome.”

The Atwals are both currently in Toronto, but say they hope to come home to Terrace at some point while the show is airing.

If they win, the two will claim a $250,000 prize, receive gas for life from Petro Canada, free flights for a year from Air Canada, and two Chevy trucks.

The season premiere will be on July 8th on CTV.

Source:http://www.cftktv.com/News/Story.aspx?ID=2159895

Leafsfan.:
Terrace duo in Amazing Race
The Amazing Race Canada kicked off July 8 with Sukhi and Jinder Atwal representing Terrace.

Over 50 friends and family members of the brother-sister team showed up at Mumford's Beerhouse & Grill to cheer them on.

“We're not giving anything away, but we are putting Terrace on the map!” 32-year-old Sukhi told her guests after the premiere.

Sukhi and Jinder are both temporarily living in Toronto, but they wanted to surprise their family and host the viewing party in their hometown. Since their arrival a few days ago, they've received a lot of attention.

“It's crazy, people are pulling me over on the side of the road and they want to take selfies, and I was like 'oh my gosh!' because these are people I don't even know, they just recognize us,” Jinder said adding that Sukhi had some paparazzi moments in the gym as well.

The Terrace duo admitted they were feeling nervous about watching the show for the first time.

“It feels pretty surreal actually to be surrounded by all of our friends and family.” 26-year-old Jinder said, “I'm just nervous because I have no idea how they're going to cut the show – so we're just excited to see the show and have everyone here.”

The team had nothing to be concerned about because they've made it through to the second round.

They can't divulge much information, however the Atwals explained that their strategy in the games was to simply slow down, pay attention and to learn from their mistakes.

“But nothing can really prepare you, it's high adrenaline, high stress, high pressure, it's like the Hunger Games and these people are hungry. You can't even take a second to breathe,” Sukhi said.

The two started to train in Terrace once they found out they were accepted onto the show. They would run the Terrace Mountain and go to local bootcamps, the two also took swimming lessons from Blueback Swim Club's coach, Crystal Thomas.

“The very first time we got to the pool, Sukhi was wearing a little, tiny bikini and I looked at her and I told her, 'I don't know if you can swim in that because when you jump in things will fall off,' but, she was amazing,” Thomas said, “what she was training for was not how to swim beautifully, but she was swimming to get the job done.”

Thomas explained that Sukhi had had a near-drowning experience in her life and she was a little afraid of the water, but she was willing to do anything and after only two training sessions she was jumping off the diving board.

This is the second season of CTV's Amazing Race Canada. Twelve teams will compete in a variety of challenges all across Canada and beyond for a variety of prizes.

“Thank you [Terrace] for the love and the support, we're so proud to be from a small town and we're happy to represent and we're going to make Terrace proud!” Sukhi said. The show airs Tuesday nights at 9 p.m. on CTV and Mumford's pub will be screening the show each week.

Source:http://www.terracestandard.com/community/266744421.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version