Author Topic: TAR CANADA 2 Contestants -Alain Chanoine and Audrey Tousignant-Maurice (Engaged)  (Read 14990 times)

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
They met when they were 23 then a few years later after no contact they talked and rest is history! (meant to be lol)

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
The Amazing Race Canada: Audrey and Alain
The latest team to be eliminated from the nation's greatest race came by The Social to chat about their experience.

http://www.ctv.ca/TheAmazingRaceCanada/video.aspx?vid=437210&tag=301

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Lovebirds Grounded on Amazing Race Canada

It was a tight leg from start to finish, but it was Alain and Audrey who would find themselves eliminated from The Race in picturesque Prince Edward Island after floundering at the mussels Detour. They arrived at the Detour in fourth place but struggled to outperform the other teams before being overtaken by Ryan and Rob, who also had to complete a Speed Bump which involved finding moonshine bottles buried in a steaming pile of horse manure. The recently engaged couple arrived last at the Pit Stop where they were greeted by an Anne of Green Gables lookalike in the stunning seaside village of Rustico.

“I’m sad this experience is over,” said Audrey. “But we’re gonna start our life together and that’s absolutely wonderful.” “I’m so glad I don’t have to hide that ring anymore,” added Alain, who proposed on the mat in Paris at the end of the eighth leg of The Race.

Source:http://kelowna.myezrock.com/newsfeed/2014/09/10/lovebirds-grounded-on-amazing-race-canada

There is also a link to a radio interview.

Offline TAR789

• RFF Jr. Member
They were my favorite team on this race.  :'(
And one of my favorite couple ever  :luvya:

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
Alain has landed kind of a big Hollywood role! This could be a great shot in the arm to his acting career since he's largely an unknown.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2016/08/05/suicide-squads-second-mystery-villain-incubus-revealed

Suicide Squad's Mysterious Second Villain, Incubus, Revealed
An interview with actor Alain Chanoine.

By Jim Vejvoda

While model-actress Cara Delevigne may play the lead villain in Suicide Squad, her character, the Enchantress, is not the only baddie the titular protagonists must battle in the new DC Comics film.

The Enchantress is aided by her equally ancient brother, the vengeful entity Incubus. This mysterious character -- based on an obscure DC Comics villain of the same name and whom the filmmakers only referred to publicly as the Adversary until this week -- prompted much speculation when he first appeared in the film's trailers.

Now Canadian-born actor Alain Chanoine, who plays the dual role of Incubus and the businessman whose body he possesses, can finally speak about making the David Ayer-directed film.

"Man, it was so hard not to say anything [after the trailer dropped]! ‘Who’s that guy? Who’s that guy?’ I’m home by myself like, ‘It’s me!’ So, yes, it was hard but it was so exciting," Chanoine told us over the phone this week. "I book a part and get all these callbacks with David Ayer and this supermodel. It’s exciting, right? But then I get all this speculation on the Internet and it’s like this role is important. And I knew that but once fans start talking about it almost like more than the rest of the movie because they don’t know what it is. It’s so exciting. It’s fun. Such an amazing experience."
Incubus attacking a subway in Suicide Squad.

"The main importance when I was cast was my chemistry with Cara Delevigne because we’re brother and sister, right? We’ve known each other for thousands of years so that’s half of the character.  Then a lot of the character is CGI,"  Chanoine recalled.

The film required him to sometimes work separately from the other cast members in Toronto by shooting with Delevigne on a stage in Los Angeles. "Depending on the scene sometimes I was on set as a reference or doing lines with the actors but the actual face recognition, some scenes, not all of them, were shot in L.A."

Chanoine hailed the cutting edge motion-capture technology utilized in bringing his character to life on screen: "Everybody was really excited by the character because of this new technology that I could not describe to you. I don’t know how many times I got my face scanned. It was ridiculous. There’s this thing with like 300 cameras. Literally your whole body is surrounded by cameras, hundreds of cameras, for every single movement of your face and your body. I’ve done a lot of mo-cap in my life, motion-capture, and I’ve never seen anything like that."

Chanoine is especially sentimental about having worked on Suicide Squad because he got to meet Will Smith. Growing up in French-speaking Canada, Chanoine recounted how he learned to speak English by watching episodes of Smith's TV series The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.

The actor was struck by how approachable and "not pretentious" Smith and his fellow movie stars were, from all working out together in the same gym to their overall humility and good humor.

"I'm just so happy to be in this movie and to be part of the DC universe," said Chanoine, who added that while "nothing is set in stone," he hopes Suicide Squad won't be the last time DC movie fans see either him or the villainous Incubus.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 01:10:11 PM by Maanca »

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
Not sure many people saw the above post!
It's Clobbering Time!