Author Topic: Celebrities Who Watch The Amazing Race  (Read 2154 times)

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
Celebrities Who Watch The Amazing Race
« on: June 12, 2014, 11:30:06 PM »
Maybe I'm simply a crazy person, but I have this idea of hyping the upcoming twenty-fifth season by finding non-racer, non-appeared-beside-Phil celebrities such as movie and TV actors, authors, journalists, show hosts, etc. who have enjoyed a ravishing share of The Amazing Race like we have.
:luvya: :luvya:

First up, we have The Biggest Loser host (and Days of Our Live guest star), Alison Sweeney! Considering how physically active she is, it's not actually a surprise she watches TAR. I just thought it was shocking she stated more reason of enjoying TAR than I had expected.
http://social.entertainment.msn.com/tv/blogs/tv-buzz-blogpost.aspx?post=f38364aa-ff7f-44ec-a8ef-9cd766a676fd
We watch a lot of Discovery Channel, shows like "The Biggest Loser" and even "Amazing Race." You learn a lot about the world, it's fun and nobody's interested in beating anybody down.

Next, the author of young-adult novelist, Red, and another woman of the same first name, Alison Cherry! In fact, she even has recently released a new book entitled For Real following the adventures of Claire and Miranda as they participate in an Amazing Race-esque reality competition! Definitely checking this book out at Barnes & Noble!
http://www.amazon.com/For-Real-Alison-Cherry/dp/0385742959
About the Author
ALISON CHERRY, author of Red, lives in Brooklyn, New York. She is a professional photographer and spent many years working as a lighting designer for theater, dance, and opera productions. She once faked an important appointment so she could leave rehearsal in time to watch the finale of The Amazing Race.
Now that's a dedicated fan. ;)

Lastly, although he didn't admit in an interview of watching TAR, the True Detective actor, Matthew McConoughey, was sighted in May with New Orleans Saints football player, Drew Brees, wearing The Amazing Race t-shirts! Loud and proud supporters of TAR as they do a charitable event for the Brees Dream Foundation. How else would either of them have worn TAR tees if they didn't know the adventurous premise of the show? :)
http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/the_amazing_race_24/2014_May_19_matthew-mcconaughey
True Detective star and actor Matthew McConaughey was photographed when Brad Pitt threw him a beer in New Orleans this weekend, and as some sharp-eyed people noticed, McConaughey and New Orleans Saints player Drew Brees were wearing t-shirts that said “The Amazing Race.”... The t-shirt didn’t come from the TV show, but instead from a charity event with the same name that’s a partnership between McConaughey and Brees’ foundations. Two years ago, The Brees Dream Foundation teamed up with McConaughey and Camila Alves’ foundation J.K. Livin Foundation for an event called The Amazing Race.

Would love for willing people, if any, to find celebrities who sometimes, occassionally, or even obsessively watch The Amazing Race! The beauty of competitive edges and travel.
:luvu:
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Celebrities Who Watch The Amazing Race
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 11:51:06 PM »
i have no idea who these people are lmao

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2014, 12:07:29 AM »
Neal Patrick Harris and Clay Aiken are two others.
-- theschnauzers

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2014, 12:21:56 AM »
Neal Patrick Harris and Clay Aiken are two others.

I know those <3

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2014, 03:49:12 AM »
Of course, who can forget Sarah Jessica Parker.

MrDeerShank

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2014, 05:44:45 AM »
I know Allison Sweeney was on Fear Factor a few years ago but asides from that, I haven't heard of any of them (unless I'm getting my spelling of McConoughey wrong :S)