Author Topic: Amazing Race Spinoff Concepts  (Read 3900 times)

Offline Boring Dude

• RFF Not So Newbie
Amazing Race Spinoff Concepts
« on: April 19, 2014, 01:33:42 PM »
Hey,

I have an idea for a spinoff of the amazing race. It is called "The Great American Rush". It would contain 10-16 teams of two from foreign countries racing around the USA for the equivalent of US$1 million. It would have anywhere from 12-16 legs.

Please provide feedback, or post your own spinoff concepts.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
Re: Amazing Race Spinoff Concepts
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 03:52:00 PM »
Good idea, but too many teams. It'd make the first few episodes too much of a cluster.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 10:15:35 PM »
Adding to GB's opinion, unless the transportation is strictly a traditional "American road trip" somewhat like TAR8, then yeah, I believe the idea could work if there is the right amount of pizzazz in team development, editing, and outrageousness. Usually the spin-offs of TAR crash and burn like The Great Escape (TNT) and Expedition Impossible (ABC) due to the lack of knowing each person individually before the end of their experience on the show and challenges that didn't brand themselves as say... "Expedition Impossible".
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline randyortonwwe

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Hi
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2014, 03:52:54 AM »
Hey,

I have an idea for a spinoff of the amazing race. It is called "The Great American Rush". It would contain 10-16 teams of two from foreign countries racing around the USA for the equivalent of US$1 million. It would have anywhere from 12-16 legs.

Please provide feedback, or post your own spinoff concepts.

Well, there was TLC's Fun Taiwan Challenge...

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2014, 08:05:07 AM »
I would like it, but I don't know how much the American people would like it because they probably would get bored with going around America.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2014, 05:17:06 PM »
I would like it, but I don't know how much the American people would like it because they probably would get bored with going around America.
The American road trip would only work if a foreign country in another continent decides to do this feat since that would provide a better culture shock. The United States is very diverse in culture, landscape, and people if you actually think about it geographically.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)