Author Topic: TAR 25 Media  (Read 23452 times)

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
TAR 25 Media
« on: June 07, 2014, 11:34:12 AM »
Irmo Couple to Appear on 'The Amazing Race'

Irmo, SC (WLTX) - An Irmo couple will be part of the new cast of "The Amazing Race."

CBS Entertainment confirmed that Misti and James Raman, two dentists, will be on the show.

Mrs. Raman works at Irmo Smiles and her husband is an orthodontist at Raman Orthodontics on Lake Murray Boulevard. The couple have two children together.

They began filming the reality show Monday morning in New York's Times Square. It's the first time the series has kicked off the race in the Big Apple since the first season.

The Ramans will race against 10 other teams around the world to try and win the $1 million prize.

The Amazing Race season 25 will premiere in the fall and air on a new night and time--Fridays at 8 p.m-right here on News19.

Source:http://www.wltx.com/story/entertainment/2014/06/02/irmo-couple-the-amazing-race/9883735/

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
Re: TAR 25 Media
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2014, 12:39:09 PM »
I love it when a local station gets its facts wrong more than once in one story.
-- theschnauzers

Offline doglover_90

• RFF Not So Newbie

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2014, 09:44:54 AM »

‘Amazing Race’ Brain Trust Reveals Some Tricks to the Trade

Bertram van Munster Amazing Race Producer
Daniel Hennessy for Variety
 June 18, 2014 | 06:00AM PT 

Partners at work and in life, Bertram van Munster and Elise Doganieri take us behind the scenes of “The Amazing Race.”

VARIETY: What initially sparked your inspiration for The Amazing Race?

ELISE DOGANIERI: Bertram was in television and I worked in advertising, and Bert had just come back from Mipcom, and was discouraged that there was nothing good in the market, and I said, “Why can’t you guys in television ever come up with a great idea?” And he said, “If you’re so smart, why don’t you come up with something?” The first thing that popped into my head was a trip I had taken with my college roommate, backpacking through Europe. We had little money, we didn’t speak the languages and we were scraping by, but we were having so much fun staying in hostels and diving into the culture and meeting locals. So I said to Bert, “Why don’t we do a show where people who know each other travel around the world in some sort of competition, and the first team to get back to America wins a huge cash prize? And if they have to do challenges in unfamiliar settings, it will surely test any relationship and create a lot of drama.” Bert pitched the idea to (CBS topper) Leslie (Moonves), who pretty much bought it on the spot.

BERTRAM: Les was pushing the limits, because 13 years ago there really was no reality television. CBS really jump-started big-time storytelling, on a big scale in the reality genre.

VARIETY: How did you choose the countries to originally set the show in?

ELISE: When Bertrum sold the show, I asked if I should quit my job, and he said, “This is television. This could be a special, and that’ll be it.” So we decided to put the most amazing route together for the first episode, in case we didn’t get to do another one. Bert sold the show in June and by August we were on our way to India, to see the Taj Mahal.

BERTRAM: We went to India, Japan, China — all these exotic places. When we started Episode One in New York, people tore open the envelope and it said, “Find your way to Rio de Janeiro.” The idea was to have an initial shock.

VARIETY: There’s an almost Pavlovian excitement to the sound of that envelope tearing open.

ELISE: SKRIIICCKK!…You start drooling. What’s inside?! That’s the ‘Rip-and-Read.’

VARIETY: How did you decide to perforate the envelopes?

ELISE: At first we sealed them with glue strips and had all these different variations until finally we had one that could withstand the travel and being banged around in boxes, or if it rains, or if it’s on a boat.

BERTRAM: Once we were filming in Lake Geneva at five o’clock in the morning and the clue box is standing on a pier by the big fountain, and all of the sudden, some guy coming back from a party who’s clearly had a little bit too much to drink, walks up to the clue box and throws the whole thing in Lake Geneva, with all the clues in it. We had to dive in after it and pick up all the clues.

ELISE: So now we put a garbage bag over the clue box until we get the text that says the teams are five minutes away, then we rip the garbage bag off and disappear, so at least we know it’s hidden and protected until somebody comes.

VARIETY: How do you come up with the ideas for the different challenges?

BERTRAM: We have different producers assigned to certain countries, who come with me and as I travel around the world to do research. I was just in Azerbaijani in Baku, and I saw something on the side of the road, that we’re integrating into the show.

ELISE: Those are the most interesting times, when you find something that isn’t in a guide book or on the Internet and you’re driving along and you say “What’s that?” and you’re told, “That’s something people have been doing here for centuries,” but it’s not something a tourist would ever want to know about. But if we make people do what the locals do, things get interesting because no one’s ever seen or experienced it.

VARIETY: Break down a specific challenge, to illustrate how it gets developed. For example, in Season 21, teams had to perform a choreographed synchronized swimming routine with Russia’s gold medal-winning Olympic team in Moscow, until the coach gave her approval, before they could proceed.

BERTRAM: I’ll tell you how the idea was born. When I was a kid, 11 or 12 years old, they opened up a municipal swimming pool next to us, in Holland. And my school was invited to swim patterns. And I’ll never forget, it was six o’clock in the morning and the water was bitter cold, but you had to go in. And I was just a skinny little kid, diving in the water, and we had to swim this pattern — make a little star, swim away, come back together, this kind is stuff. And that’s where the idea came from. So when people say, “We can’t do this challenge,” Well, yes you can, because I learned as a little kid. Of course, when we ask the cast, “Can you swim?” They all say, “Yeah, we can swim!” “Can you drive a stick shift?” “Yeah, we can all drive a stick shift!” But when push comes to shove, they don’t know how. We had a team in Norway that drove 300 kilometers in first gear.

VARIETY: Is it a logistical difficulty securing vehicles?

ELISE: The whole show is a logistical operation. We have to move 70 people every two or three days to a different country or location, and that includes our art department, which travels with the giant mat that Phil stands on, with all the props, and all the clue boxes and the envelopes. Then we have our pit stop captains, who are there when the teams check in, who count up the money the teams have still on them, and check their timing so that their “in” times and “out” times are legitimate and correct and fair. I mean, there’s a million dollar prize at the end of this, so don’t think the contestants won’t wait for any little thing we’ve screwed up on.

VARIETY: Given that the uncertainty of the time it takes teams to complete challenges, how do you stay ahead of the contestants to make sure you’re at the right place at the right time?

ELISE: We create a document called a “Fast/Slow,” where we test everything beforehand, so we know the slowest time someone can do a route, and the fastest time. So from the moment teams land, we know the quickest time this route can be done is four hours, and the slowest is eight hours, so even with hiccups here and there for the contestants, we know what flight to take out that next morning. Ninety-eight percent of the time, the Fast/Slow is quite accurate.

VARIETY: Talk about how the non-elimination rounds. People often ask if they’re pre-set or not.

ELISE: They are pre-set. We pick them in the office ahead of time. We say, “Let’s have Non-Eliminations on Show 3, Show 7 and Show 9, and the next year we’ll switch it up to Shows 5, 6 and 8, to throw contestants off.

BERTRAM: People think that we do things last minute, and I want to make absolutely sure everybody understands this: we don’t make any changes last minute, ever.

ELISE: We can’t. The route is laid out in advance. We present it to the network and they approve it before we go on the road. Right now as we speak, clues are being written for something we’re going to be doing a month from now. (Host) Phil (Keoghan) is writing his scripts, Bert has already done his scouting, our cast is set, and the permits and budgets for all of the locations are being finalized.

BERTRAM: And when (host) Phil (Keogh) yells “Go,” it’s “Action” until three weeks later when we say “Cut.” During that time, we don’t interfere with anything. Contestants are completely on their own and racing. They have no idea where they’re going and we don’t give them lines to speak. That’s why casting is so important, because casting is your script.

ELISE: When we hear, “Oh, reality is scripted,” we cringe, because we like to think that our show is really pure.

VARIETY: Is there a tried and true team dynamic that always brings out a certain dramatic story arc, whether it’s divorced couples, father-son, mother-daughter, gay couples, newly dating, and so forth?

BERTRAM: No matter who you go out on the road with — it can be your best friend, your best mate, your biggest love, whatever — there comes a point where you want to go right and they want to go left. That’s just human nature — particularly when you are under stress, and we see this over and over again. The “Race” is exhausting, it’s tiring, it’s exciting and it can be a recipe for disaster. You will show your true emotions on a race around the world, there is no question about it.

VARIETY: What governance do you have over what contestants can and can’t bring in their backpacks?

BERTRAM: They can bring anything they want, except shirts with big logos on it. And for some reason, a lot of people think they’re going on vacation to some hot country, and only pack these little shorts and tank tops. When we end up in Siberia and it’s freezing cold, I say, “What are you guys thinking?”

VARIETY: Has there ever been something you’ve tried, that didn’t work out in terms of a challenge?

ELISE: Not that didn’t work out in a challenge, but there are certain things we did, like the “Intersection”, where you had to wait for another team to show up and then do something as a group of four. That’s something we probably won’t bring back.

VARIETY: And are you glad when someone melts down during a task? Like the mother-son team of Margie and Luke, in the drink-pouring challenge, when Luke angrily smashed the glasses to the floor?

ELISE: I had to walk away. He was so frustrated. He was really struggling. But we knew it was doable, and for anyone who has a challenge to overcome…you know…Luke can’t hear. We’ve had people with things that can hold them back, but we make the show as fair as possible for everybody. So we knew that was something that everybody could do. Sometimes frustration gets the best of us.

VARIETY: Finally, would you ever have cast couples hoping that they might clash? Say, a team of extreme religious fundamentalists and a gay couple?

BERTRAM: Here’s the thing: I’ve seen people from different walks of life really become close, close friends. It’s really fascinating to see how they come together and start to see each other’s values. The other thing I must say: “The Amazing Race” is really a business card for the rest of the world. As we go around the world as Americans, our behavior and our interactions with the local people is respectful and fun. Occasionally it’s not so respectful and then they look like fools in front of a global audience. This show is doing a lot to bring people together. That’s how I view it.

http://variety.com/2014/tv/awards/amazing-race-brain-trust-reveals-some-tricks-to-the-trade-1201221416/
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2014, 10:49:05 AM »
I'm disappointed that they said they would not bring the Intersection Back </3

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2014, 10:52:21 AM »
I'm NOT!! HATED that!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Tar25fan

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2014, 12:44:09 PM »
So we are going to see another leg in Azerbaijan soon? Not in this race though, maybe the next one? Would love it

Online redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2014, 12:45:38 PM »
So we are going to see another leg in Azerbaijan soon? Not in this race though, maybe the next one? Would love it

That's not what it said.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2014, 03:22:47 PM »

That's not what it said.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2014, 03:40:12 PM »
Is that interview old? I remember him saying " I was just in Azerbaijani in Baku, and I saw something on the side of the road, that we’re integrating into the show" for the apple task (from tar20) in another interview.

Edit: I just read it again and TAR24 is mentioned so idk...

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2014, 06:43:01 PM »
When he or Elise are scouting, they go to countries that are being considered, but may be alternate or emergency legs, or may be considered for future Races.

-- theschnauzers

Offline maf

• RFF TAR Chronicler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2014, 12:33:11 AM »
I recall him mentioning the Azerbaijan thing in an earlier interview. It was the apples detour side he came up with when he saw these cars filled to capacity with apples.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2014, 10:29:17 PM »
Interesting!

4th Annual Critics' Choice Television Awards VIP Reception

BEVERLY HILLS, CA - JUNE 19: Producer Bertram van Munster attends the 4th Annual Critics' Choice Television Awards at The Beverly Hilton Hotel on June 19, 2014 in Beverly Hills, California. (Photo by Michael Bezjian/Getty Images for Critics' Choice Television Awards)

photo here:
http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/producer-bertram-van-munster-attends-the-4th-annual-critics-news-photo/450892918
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2014, 11:30:27 AM »
Phil on the Red Carpet answering TAR 25 Questions!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/04lloA9lR0s" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/04lloA9lR0s</a>

http://www.cbs.com/shows/cbs-fall-preview-2014/video/dLGkJL_pqHrkFE9e5OeQk_dZK05EE56e/fall-previews-cbs-press-tour-red-carpet-phil-keoghan/

« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 11:33:31 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2014, 02:07:29 PM »
New Season, New Twist Racers Will Have a Chance to Save Themselves from Elimination

Posted on Aug 28, 2014 06:30am

This season of THE AMAZING RACE, which marks the 25th edition of the 10 time Emmy Award-winning series, will feature 11 new teams, including professional surfer Bethany Hamilton and her husband Adam Dirks, Boston firefighters Michael Ward and Scott Strazzullo and professional wrestlers Robbie E. Strauss and Brooke Adams.

This season also includes a unique and powerful new addition to the race. Before Racers crossed the starting line in May with the first ever public start from Times Square in New York City, host Phil Keoghan introduced a new game changing element, “The Save.” The team that finishes first in the premiere episode will be awarded “The Save,” which they can use to rescue themselves if they come in last on a leg and face elimination.

Teams this season will be put to the test as they travel through 8 countries and 20 cities, spanning more than 26,000 miles. For the first time in the show’s history, the Race will visit St. Thomas, Virgin Islands where teams will fly high in the sky; Valletta, Malta where they’ll rappel 200 feet into a breathtaking Blue Grotto sea cave; and the Shetland Islands, Scotland to test their sheep herding skills.

Don't miss the season premiere of The Amazing Race on its new day, Friday, September 26th 8/7c on CBS.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/news/1003033/
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2014, 06:01:10 AM »
Not sure if official, but listings have popped out for the title of episode one.

Offline coolio

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2014, 09:22:48 PM »
Continuing the trend of #lame tar title quotes </3

Offline doglover_90

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2014, 09:31:40 AM »
Amy and Maya just posted their Facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/sweetscientists

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2014, 01:12:10 AM »
Episode 2 title and location

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2014, 06:18:49 AM »
Pffff, nothing interesting again....... :///

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2014, 06:33:36 AM »
Ah, finally a long title quote is back! I don't like when TAR 24 title quotes is very short.
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2014, 07:12:01 AM »
Hehe, I just realized that when you gotta go, you don't always gotta go, due to the save :P :lol:

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2014, 08:26:53 AM »
Why are the quotes so far so booooooring? :res:

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2014, 09:41:30 AM »
I wish that producers of TAR would fire the selector of title quotes of TAR.

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2014, 09:42:26 AM »
Didn't they realized they just used the word "Go" FOUR times in two episodes!? (:;)

Hopefuly, this isn't a sign that we have a boring cast...
I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2014, 10:29:20 AM »
Looks like that's title quote made by either of Misti & Jim, or Keith & Whitney, or Kym & Alli, or Michael & Scott.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2014, 10:54:02 AM »
Did they steal the second one from Tyson in taraus with his toilet stops  :funny:

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2014, 02:59:17 PM »
I thought of Tyson too.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2014, 11:19:05 AM »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Philimination

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Phil is ready to Philiminate
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2014, 02:22:12 PM »
I honestly thought this quote from episode 2 was going to be said by Tyson...

but then I realized this was TAR US and not TAR AUSvsNZ  :funny:
You are the last team to arrive.
This is a Philmination leg, so I'm sorry to tell you that you have been Philiminated from the race.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2014, 03:41:48 AM »
Episode 3 title

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2014, 03:49:00 AM »
Episode 4 title

Offline aryantsoeseno

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2014, 08:10:14 PM »
Episode 5 Title

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2014, 08:17:27 PM »
That title quote <33333
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2014, 11:30:58 PM »
Episodes 5-7 locations from TV Guide:

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2014, 11:44:55 PM »
S25E06 title is "I Feel Like I Just Kissed a Goat"

Source from CBS website.

MrDeerShank

« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2014, 02:48:14 AM »
Finally a good title quote

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2014, 06:33:32 PM »

Offline aryantsoeseno

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2014, 09:38:18 PM »
S25E06 title is "I Feel Like I Just Kissed a Goat"

Source from CBS website.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2014, 03:59:29 PM »
Episode 7's title is ""Pretty Fly for a Food Scientist"

Can't complain about OUR spoilers, can they?  :funny:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2014, 07:20:57 PM »
YESSSSSSS GO AMAYA!
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2014, 08:01:03 PM »

GO GO GO!!!! AMAYA!!! Please win a leg.  :hoot:  :hearts:
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline aryantsoeseno

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2014, 09:13:17 AM »

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2014, 10:49:39 PM »
Just a reminder -- TAR will be preempted on November 14th for the new Hollywood Film Awards broadcast (even though this is the 14th awards ceremony.)
-- theschnauzers

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2014, 08:23:32 AM »

Offline aryantsoeseno

• RFF Full Member
TAR S25 Ep08 Title
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2014, 08:26:47 AM »
here's the title for Episode 8 - edited
coz it's already mentioned above  :hearts: :conf: :hearts:
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 08:30:44 AM by aryantsoeseno »

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2014, 02:03:20 PM »
The season finale is scheduled for Friday, December 19th.

11/07/14 - Episode 7
11/14/14 - Hollywood Film Awards - No TAR
11/21/14 - Episode 8
11/28/14 - Episode 9
12/05/14 - Episode 10
12/12/14 - Episode 11
12/19/14 - Episode 12

Surprised they're not doing a 2-hour finale.

http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/cbs-keeping-winter-timeslots-warm-with-returns-of-the-mentalist-undercover-boss-1201347405/
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 02:07:46 PM by RaceUntilWeDie »

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2014, 06:10:11 PM »
11/21 will be such a great day <3333

Offline aryantsoeseno

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2014, 09:33:01 PM »
TAR S25 Ep09 - the TITLE

let's the season continue while next season happening  :conf:  :conf:  :conf:

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2014, 10:55:35 PM »
And also episode 10:

Offline aryantsoeseno

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2014, 10:16:51 PM »
here comes the release of the title of episode 10  :conf:

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2014, 01:50:41 AM »
here comes the release of the title of episode 10  :conf:

this could be the switchback of "My ox is broken." :funny: :conf: :hearts:

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #53 on: November 26, 2014, 03:43:22 AM »
Episode 11 title is coming up

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #54 on: November 26, 2014, 09:01:51 AM »
The Malta Film company made a post here:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Falkun-Films/289353687781706

The filming in Malta FB page has a discussion as well:

https://www.facebook.com/FilmedinMalta
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #55 on: November 28, 2014, 09:47:52 AM »
Episode 11 title is coming up

This could be a dancing task about our national dance called Tinikling just like this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TonQH9DjJT8
:hearts:

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2014, 07:26:20 PM »
Episode 12 title is finally up

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2014, 08:10:08 PM »
Continuing the streak of bad finale titles...

The last ones I liked were It's a Great Place to Become Millionaires (TAR 20) and Take Down That Million (TAR 21).

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #59 on: December 24, 2014, 06:30:27 AM »

Interview: Phil Keoghan teases the 'Amazing Race' Season 25 finale

By Daniel Fienberg  @HitFixDaniel   | Friday, Dec 19, 2014 12:30 AM

"The Amazing Race" concludes its 25th installment on Friday (December 19) night with its first four-team finale, pitting Wrestlers Brooke & Robbie, Food Scientists Amy & Maya, Dentists Jim & Misti and Surfers Bethany & Adam.

The field is extra packed because in last week's episode, Amy & Maya reached the Pit Stop in last, only to be told that it was a "Keep on racing..." Leg, which isn't the same as a Non-Elimination Leg, because we already had three of those this season, making four out of 11 weeks in which the "Amazing Race" episode ended without a team heading home.

Earlier this week, I got on the phone to chat with "Amazing Race" host Phil Keoghan about the season so far and the upcoming finale.

As usual, Phil and I don't always agree on everything. He, for example, insists audiences loved last year's Las Vegas finale. I'm reasonably sure that was not universal the universal opinion.

Phil also saw only positive reactions to last week's result for Amy & Maya, which hasn't entirely been my read on fan response.

And he's sure that audiences started out hating Brooke & Robbie, but have grown to love them. You can decide for yourself!

However, even when we disagree, Phil is always an "Amazing Race" enthusiast, so I enjoy chatting with him about these developments and more, including his appearances within challenges this season and the time crunch that has caused.

Check out the full interview below and check back on Friday night for my full "Amazing Race" finale recap...

HitFix: This season the shift to Friday has obviously impacted the ratings a bit but how do you feel like it has impacted the buzz and the conversation around the show this season?

Phil Keoghan: Well, as far as buzz and conversation I think it's increased because of the fact that people are watching it over more days and so we've had the highest +3 pick-up we've ever had. So instead of it just being one thing that's happening on a Sunday, it's stretching out over the weekend and then into the following week. So online buzz hass definitely increased just because people are watching it over a longer period of time.

HitFix: Okay. So the way you felt has been that the conversation has sort of prolonged, but it's been as much or more than usual?

Phil Keoghan: It's definitely been more, but I think it's just because more people are posting at different times and so it stimulates more conversation. So rather then it all being concentrated on one day where it's harder for people to get a voice all at once, it's stretching out over a longer period of time and so people are then picking up on that conversation and it's creating more chatter than normal.

HitFix: Now as we look forward to the finale this week, a lot of viewers felt like the Vegas finale last season didn't really ask all that much of the teams in order to get to the big prize. Is this year's finale going to be more involved, as it were?

Phil Keoghan: Yeah. I mean I don't know if that was a majority who felt that, because I think the feedback I got from last season was that it was one of the most exciting finishes we've ever had. Ultimately it is a race and so when you say "How much has been asked of them?" I mean they are racing neck and neck. I think that's a totally subjective thing as to whether you've asked enough of them to get from point A to point B. But certainly the challenges are very exciting and when they come into Los Angeles we get them to act out as Hollywood stuntmen, or stunt person I should say because there are men and women who do it. And so they'll get to play the role of an action hero. And then they get to play the role of a real life hero when they work with the Coast Guard, which is also very exciting. So it's quite physical. And then there is a good mental finish just to wrap things up at the end.

HitFix: I think that might have been what people were missing last season was the cumulative sort of season-capping challenge. So there is going to be one of those this time?

Phil Keoghan: Yeah there is a similar one. I think it's impossible to make a show where everybody feels that they got everything they want exactly as they wanted, do you know what I mean? So it's totally impossible. I know just from talking to people there's some people who just absolutely love a certain team or they love a certain element of a show or thing love this, it's impossible to give everybody what they want exactly as they want it. But there is a memory challenge in this. It's a very cool one. But again I can only anticipate that people will like it. I can't, say, take a vote whether people are going to, you know, the majority are going to say this was the best or the worst or whatever. But I think it's really cool. It's big, it's bold and it's different.

HitFix: When you look at the four teams that are remaining, we've had a lot of very close races to the Pit Stops this season, do you feel like it's a particularly, I guess, evenly matched final four?

Phil Keoghan: It's impossible again to say that just because of the fact that they really are so completely and utterly different from each other. That's the thing that makes "The Amazing Race" work is that it's impossible to say whether teams are evenly matched. I wouldn't have thought that The Candy Girls were evenly matched with any of the teams, including some of the teams that have been eliminated at the beginning of the Race. That's why the Race works. I think again just because it is unpredictable. I think you can talk about "evenly matched" when you have people doing one thing in a competition like, "These are the people who are competing in the 1500 meter." They are evenly matched because their times have been consistent over the last year. Then yes we can talk about "evenly matched." On "Amazing Race" it's impossible to talk about evenly matched. I mean we had some Dentists who are incredibly confident about their abilities on paper. They have the best track record; they are very intense; they're very confident that they can win this whole thing; they feel like they deserve to win this whole thing. We have another team in Adam * Bethany who are a different kind of methodical, I guess you could say, but they're much more like surfers. They have a kind of a surfer attitude to everything they do. They seem to take everything in their stride. Nothing seems to faze them. Bethany doesn't want to be defined by the fact that she has one arm. Again, she doesn't want to be measured; she doesn't want people to think whether she's evenly matched against other people because he does have one arm, she really is much more about "Don't define me by the fact that I have one arm, just judge me based on how I do things." And what we've seen from her is we seen her do things that we'll marvel at because again you can't help but think, "She only has one arm" and she's doing these things and she's doing an extraordinary job and beating out teams that theoretically she's not evenly matched to compete with. But she doesn't see it that way and certainly the results haven't shown that.

And then if you look at Brooke & Robbie, very, very spontaneous and their decision making is almost random at times. They just seem to charge head-first into things like a bull in a China shop. They're very capable. I mean they're both very, very physical but also sometimes they just sort of jump in before they think. So the teams are, I wouldn't say they're evenly matched. I think different teams are stronger and who knows how they're going to react to what we throw them. Again, this is why the Race works, it's because one minute it may favor somebody who's really smart and sometimes it will favor somebody who's very calm and sometimes it will favor – it's not a specialty race, it's anything and everything and you never know how all these different teams are going to react to random challenges. And the Race is all about randomness. It's totally random. It's just like you don't know what you're going to be doing at any given moment.

HitFix: This past week was the fourth episode this season that ended without a team going home. There were the three non-elimination legs and then there was a "keep racing..." last week. How do you feel like that's impacted the pace of the season?

Phil Keoghan: How has it impacted the season, you mean over different seasons?

HitFix: Yeah. Because I feel like there's been at least one more week obviously where we haven't sent someone home this season.

Phil Keoghan: Well, the only difference is just this last episode because there's been the same number of non-eliminations as any season. So you mean how did the last episode impact...?

HitFix: We're going into the finale and in terms of for viewers we've now had two straight episodes where no one has gone home so we've had the same sort of top four. Do you think that's helped us get to know these last four teams better, maybe?

Phil Keoghan: Yeah. And also we've never had a moment like that ever in Race history. I mean all you have to do is look online at how the audience reacted to what just happened. They went completely nuts. They loved it. I mean just to go on Twitter right now and have a look at what the audience reaction was to that moment of the Food Scientists finding out that they were still in and now the anticipation of four teams racing into the final for the first time ever. It's been huge. It's a twist that I actually haven't seen one negative comment anywhere about this twist. I've only seen positive things and I think it's just because people realize that there is now one more team in there so it just creates a different realm of possibility that we've never had before in a final. And people should be excited about it because it definitely adds more energy when there's just another team there as part of that group.

HitFix: And we're coming out of a couple seasons that a lot of people felt were a bit heavy on teamwork between the teams and this season hasn't been like that quite so much. Do you think that's made for sort of a purer season to some degree?

Phil Keoghan: No, I feel like every season is just different. I'm just trying to think about the last one that we just shot. That's the thing about the Race is that it's unpredictable and you just don't know how teams are going to react with each other. So I don't know about pure, it's sort of impossible to say. I think it doesn't give you a huge benefit to necessarily team up, certainly not for a season. I mean it can in a given Leg or whatever but I think that's sort of what makes the show interesting is that you don't know whether people are going to want to work together or whether they're going to want to just be by themselves.

HitFix: If I had asked you at the beginning of the season would you have guessed that the wrestlers would have caused more drama with other teams than they did?

Phil Keoghan: No, I think they played out the way that we thought they were going to play out. I thought they were going to be a funm lovable team. In the beginning I thought they were just annoying the hell out of everybody and the fans I don't think were that warm to them in the beginning. I think they just thought they were kind of loud, obnoxious typical wrestlers who were just over-the-top and annoying. But what happened over the season, and I'll say it for myself too, they just became more enduring and just became comedic because that's just really the way they are. They're just like these rambunctious over-the-top performers. And so I think people found them more funny than annoying and distracting, this last thing with Brooke saying "I'm having a baby!" and she's screaming in the back of the car while they're driving to the next location? I mean they became like the comedians.

HitFix: One of this season's sort of little stylistic twists that's been added in has been your appearances in the middle of challenges with the teams running around you. Talk a bit about those and getting to film those moments this season.

Phil Keoghan: Well, it's always surprising to people when they find out that we shoot 12 shows in 21 days. People just can't get their head around that. And what's interesting is that I've always gone to all of the challenges, but a lot of times if the show is happening and it's going so fast sometimes they don't register that I'm actually at that location where the Roadblock is or at the location where the Detour is and that I'm actually explaining how it works because it all goes so fast, the explanation. As soon as I made the decision to incorporate myself in what we call these live updates, all of a sudden people were like, "Oh so you actually are there when they're there." I have always been there when they've been there, I've just never injected myself into it like that before. And I just thought it would be fun and different to give an update as it's happening. Obviously I only get one take, but it's sort of like going down live onto the field at an NFL game or at a basketball game and going down onto the court and doing a live update while it's happening. And the teams really loved it. They started interacting with me right from the beginning with Tim and TeJay when we arrived in the Virgin Islands and I did the first one and they were running off the plane and they were like, "Hey Phil!" and then they kept running and went over to get their clue. So they've been very popular with the fans.

Again, it speaks to just how live the show is. A lot of people talk about "Reality shows aren't real and they manipulate things to happen." Our show just sort of happens. There's no time for us to stop down and tell them, "Go do this and go do that" and say this and say that, it's just not the nature of our show. So I think injecting myself in there like that only emphasizes again that once they start from the beginning to the end they are just on their own time doing their own thing. Again, it's like a sideline report. Like this Race is happening right now and it's definitely added a different energy.

We just finished shooting a new season and I did some more again and I've upped the style of that even more incorporating it. It's very, very difficult to do because I have to do all the explanations for all the challenges and I have to stay ahead of the teams. So in order to do those live updates I have to get there before they get there. And then we can't choreograph where exactly they're going to run and exactly how that shot is going to unfold. The cameraman that I work with is used to shooting live sports so we have to adapt. We have to kind of anticipate we think they're going to run here. And then also I have to do something that is relevant to what's just happened so I'm trying to get reports on the fly and quickly put together something that will give the audience some sense of what is happening, an update. It's not like we can stop and go, "Okay let's write a little thing here and what we can do is we can say this, we can say that" or "Let's call so-and-so and find out what happened." No, it's all just happening. I'm looking at my text and trying to keep track of what just happened and making it relevant and keeping the audience trying to drive the story forward.

So from my point of view I've really, really enjoyed them because they're exciting and they're happening in the moment and we've got to be quick. We shoot them and then we quickly race ahead because, for instance, if it's just before a Detour I know that I have the amount of time that it takes them to do the Detour, I've got that amount of time ahead of that particular team. But obviously Legs get very complicated when there's a Fast Forward. Like when we had the Fast Forward and if a team gets to the Fast Forward, then I know I've got to get to the Pit Stop because I don't have that time. I know that there's a team now on their way to the Pit Stop, I've got to now get there before that first team. So it's constantly working our driving distances and time. "Okay that team is at this place and how long is it going to take them to get to that place and can I get to that place before they get to there and then can I then get to the Pit Stop before they beat me to the mat?" So time management is a constant. Again because the show does not stop, it's just relentless; 12 shows in 21 days is brutal.

HitFix: As a last question, you guys introduced the Save this season as a potential big game changer and then obviously it never needed to be used. When something like that is introduced to the game but doesn't necessarily come of anything, do you guys sort of shrug and move on -- like the season the prize could have been doubled, but wasn't -- or does it get brought back immediately?

Phil Keoghan: No. I think you just shrug and move on because, again, you're throwing a game element in there and there's huge risk in throwing an element like that in the game. I'm all about statistics. I know a lot about the statistics of the Race. The chances of it getting played were pretty minimal because we know that the team that wins the first Leg of the Race, there's a very good chance that the team that wins the first Leg of the Race is going to go all the way and make it through to the Final 3. Statistically that's just what it is. So you throw something like that in there and you're rolling the dice. It's not a guarantee. Even the Fast Forward is even a roll of the dice because you can put that game element in there but you don't know that somebody's going to use it. Or there's more chance of a team using say an Express Pass then there is having to rely on the Save. So in this particular season with the Save, the drumroll came down to The Dentists having coming in last and then low-and-behold, as luck would have it, they ended up arriving there on a non-elimination leg and they didn't actually have to play it. When you introduce something like that, particularly with the way that was set up, it is absolutely a roll of the dice. And again it speaks to the fact that our show is not manipulated in any way, because if it was we would have gone, "Look, even though we determined that it's a Non-Elimination Leg, let's just have The Dentists play their save because that will justify the fact that they had the Save and they played the Save," but it's just not our show. Our show is real and it turned out that they arrived on a Non-Elimination Leg. They didn't need the Save and we stayed true. I think some people assume just because some shows manipulate things that we just sort of chop and change where we have the eliminations and the non-eliminations -- "You know what, it would be better if this was a non-elimination because we like this team, we don't like that team." It's just not the way this show works. And so, case in point, with The Dentists. A better piece of television might have been to manipulate that moment and force them to use it, but that's not what was determined before. But yeah, you're absolutely rolling the dice when you throw something like that in there.

"The Amazing Race" airs Fridays at 8 p.m. on CBS.

Read more at http://www.hitfix.com/the-fien-print/interview-phil-keoghan-teases-the-amazing-race-season-25-finale#Al3DzQGrpjsPHu78.99
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline dpe

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #60 on: January 10, 2015, 08:49:49 PM »