Author Topic: Big Brother Canada 3!  (Read 20520 times)

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Big Brother Canada 3!
« on: June 04, 2014, 09:50:51 AM »
Big Brother Canada will return for Season 3 with a new home right here on Global!

The official announcement was made this morning, alongside the unveiling of Global's stellar 2014 primetime fall schedule.

We'll keep you up to date with the latest  Big Brother Canada happenings. Until then, don't forget to tune in for Big Brother 16 premiering June 25th on Global.

Now everybody scream #BBCAN3!!!

Source: http://www.globaltv.com/BigBrother/2014/June/Big_Brother_Canada_Season_3_officially_announced/#1
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 11:17:00 PM by Leafsfan »

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Big Brother Canada 3!
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 12:41:59 PM »
 :hrt: :hrt: :hrt: :hrt: :hrt: :hrt: :hrt: :hrt: :hrt:

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 09:25:39 PM »
*screams #BBCAN3*

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Offline Quốc Nghĩa

• RFF Sr. Member
  • #neverstopexploring
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2014, 09:44:42 PM »
Why will it be on Global, not Slice?  :o

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2014, 05:03:06 PM »
Casting calls:

OPEN CALLS
VANCOUVER - SUNDAY OCTOBER 19TH - 8AM TO 2PM
Westin Bayshore Hotel
1601 Bayshore Dr, Vancouver, BC V6G 2V4

CALGARY - SUNDAY OCTOBER 19TH - 8AM TO 2PM
Ranchman’s
9615 Macleod Trail SW, Calgary, AB T2J 0P6

REGINA - FRIDAY OCTOBER 24TH - 8AM TO 2PM
Queensbury Convention Centre at Evraz Place
1700 Elphinstone Street, Box 167, Regina, SK S4P 2Z6

HALIFAX - FRIDAY OCTOBER 24TH - 8AM TO 2PM
The Lower Deck
1887 Upper Water St, Halifax, NS B0J 1W5

ST. JOHN'S - WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 29TH - 8AM TO 2PM
Avalon Mall - Gap Court
48 Kenmount Rd, St John's, NL A1B 1W3

MONTREAL - THURSDAY OCTOBER 30TH - 8AM TO 2PM
Montreal Forum
2313 St-Catherine Ouest, Montreal, QC H3H 1N2

TORONTO - SUNDAY NOVEMBER 23RD - 8AM TO 2PM
John Bassett Theatre, Metro Toronto Convention Centre
255 Front St W, Toronto, ON M5V 2W6

Source:http://www.bigbrothercanadacasting.ca/Big-Brother-Canada-Open-Casting-Calls

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2014, 05:57:38 PM »
'Big Brother Canada Side Show' Returning With New One-Hour Format

With a third season on the way next spring, Big Brother Canada will kick off its coast-to-coast casting call this Sunday, scouring Canada in search of the next group of houseguests who’ll shack up in Canada’s wildest house.

Meanwhile, fans of the made-in-Canada reality hit can celebrate today’s announcement of a new season of the Big Brother Canada Side Show, which will be returning to Slice in 2015. This season will see the Side Show embrace a new hour-long format, with host Arisa Cox joined by co-hosts Peter Brown and Gary Levy. The broadcast schedule for the new seasons of Big Brother Canada and The Big Brother Canada Side Show will be announced in the New Year.

“We are so excited about the return of the Big Brother Canada Side Show next year,” said Arisa Cox. “We worked so hard on it and the final product was a funny, scandalous and irreverent show that fed our hungry fans and kept them thirsting for more.”

“The Side Show is one of the most engaging talk shows on TV,” adds co-host Peter Brown. “I am both thrilled and grateful that we have this platform for in-depth discussions of Big Brother Canada.” Adds Gary Levy: “Oh my God, I simply cannot wait to scope out the new houseguests and dish on all their drama and deceit!”

If you think you’ve got what it takes to be one of season three’s houseguests, you can apply online at BigBrotherCanada.ca with a short video explaining why you would be the ideal houseguest. Or, if you’d rather make an impression in person, head to one of the cross-Canada casting calls in the following cities:

Vancouver, British Columbia: Sunday, October 19 at the Westin Bayshore Hotel

Calgary, Alberta: Sunday, October 19 at Ranchman’s

Regina, Saskatchewan: Friday, October 24 at Queensbury Convention Centre at Evraz Place

Halifax, Nova Scotia: Friday, October 24 at The Lower Deck

St. John’s, Newfoundland: Wednesday, October 29 at the Avalon Mall

Montréal, Québec: Thursday, October 30 at the Montréal Forum

Toronto, Ontario: Sunday, November 23 at the John Bassett Theatre

Big Brother Canada will kick off its third season this spring, airing on Global, while the Big Brother Side Show will air on Slice

Source:http://www.etcanada.com/blogs/etc_115936/big-brother-canada-side-show-returning-with-new-one-hour-format/tv

Offline coolio

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2014, 10:27:56 AM »
Jon Pardy and Neda Kalantar will make an appearance on ET Canada's New Years Eve show...and will make an announcement for BB Canada fans. I am hoping it's a S3 premiere date.
http://www.shawmedia.ca/Media/PressReleaseDetail.aspx?pressReleaseId=6442460549

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2015, 05:53:15 AM »
Jon Pardy and Neda Kalantar will make an appearance on ET Canada's New Years Eve show...and will make an announcement for BB Canada fans. I am hoping it's a S3 premiere date.
http://www.shawmedia.ca/Media/PressReleaseDetail.aspx?pressReleaseId=6442460549

The announcement is that the season will start in March!
Not much of an announcement. The last 2 seasons began late Feb or March. It was assumed.

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2015, 02:52:37 AM »
So what night is going to be eviction ???

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2015, 08:34:48 AM »
http://www.etcanada.com/top+stories/big+brother+canada+and+remedy+announcements/video.html?v=386347075819&p=1&s=da#video

A brand new house? Again?
And Peter Brown also confirmed on Twitter that Side Show will still air at 10 PM on Thursdays (on Slice)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 08:43:23 AM by WindsorSue »

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2015, 08:37:03 AM »
So what night is going to be eviction ???

My guess would be Wednesday....especially if Side Show is on Thursdays.

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2015, 10:50:30 AM »
http://www.etcanada.com/top+stories/big+brother+canada+and+remedy+announcements/video.html?v=386347075819&p=1&s=da#video

A brand new house? Again?
And Peter Brown also confirmed on Twitter that Side Show will still air at 10 PM on Thursdays (on Slice)

Same house, new design.

Yes I know that now. I guess The Brick is still a sponsor. LOL

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2015, 07:27:28 AM »
Looks like the cast reveal will be on ET Canada over 3 nights, beginning Monday March 16th.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qyj8jGqKIuM" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Qyj8jGqKIuM</a>
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 09:25:28 PM by Leafsfan »

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2015, 04:04:13 PM »
2015 Canadian Screen Awards Andrea Martin Skit with housemates Lloyd Robertson, Chef Susur Lee and Andrew Coyne

It appears that this is the new house design. You can see some changes but for the most part its the same house as last year.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/dx-HyO0FLlE&amp;t=90" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/dx-HyO0FLlE&amp;t=90</a>

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2015, 09:59:13 PM »
What I suspect is with The Brick being a major sponsor, we are going to see brand new furniture. The earlier sneak peek with Gary showed some major renos going on. I am hoping that is the War Room getting ripped out. Remember that planted overhang thing on the balcony? (I don't know what else to call it) I imagine that would have to be redone. What is interesting in this video is most of it is in the outdoor/challenge area...even with the old dining table.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2015, 10:13:07 PM »
I'm underwhelmed by the house. The Big Brother Canada 2 house was overdone as is, why not change it? :res:

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2015, 11:23:41 AM »
Finally some info!!!
Press release concerning sponsors....there is some cool stuff/info: http://www.shawmedia.ca/Media/PressReleaseDetail.aspx?pressReleaseId=6442461348

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2015, 05:34:38 PM »
It looks like they might be over doing the product placement. Hopfuly it doesn't effect the show too much.

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2015, 05:40:29 PM »
The article WindsorSue posted above...

BIG BROTHER CANADA OFFERS SUPERSIZED SPONSORSHIP INTEGRATIONS ON GLOBAL ANCHORED BY PREMIER PARTNER THE BRICK

Twistos® Baked Snack Crackers return for season three, serving up more #TwistosTwists

New sponsors KFC, OxiClean™ Laundry Detergent and shomi™ join returning partners Ramada and Pizza Pizza for a season of customized in-show integrations and engaging digital campaigns

#BBCAN3 premieres Monday, March 23 at 8pm ET/PT on Global

TORONTO, March 13, 2015 – Beginning March 23, Big Brother Canada is back and bigger than ever with a robust roster of new and returning sponsorships. Following a record-breaking sophomore season, Shaw Media announced today that premier sponsor The Brick returns along with six other participating partners for the series’ third season on Global.

The Brick is back in the house – providing full furnishings for the brand-new Big Brother Canada pad – and is joined by returning participating partner Twistos®.Last year, both parties saw unprecedented levels of brand engagement with a combined 1.4 million fan-cast votes* during their season two integrations. Other top-tier sponsorship partners joining the newest installment of the reality powerhouse include KFC, OxiClean™ Laundry Detergent, shomi, Ramada and Pizza Pizza.

“With three primetime hours of non-stop drama on Global each week, Big Brother Canada is delivering its biggest and boldest season yet with seven sponsors executing distinctly customized integrations on air and online,” said Errol Da-Ré, Senior Vice President of Sales for Shaw Media. “This series offers the ultimate platform for partners to elevate the extraordinary experiences viewers expect from Big Brother Canada.”

Big Brother Canada series sponsors and partners engage through impactful, custom-made activations, challenges, original branded content, digital integrations and more. Full details for each execution are below.

The Brick
This season’s houseguests will once again compete for a grand prize that includes a $25,000 gift card to The Brick. The returning series sponsor remains the official furniture provider of the Big Brother Canada house with an activation that blends seamlessly from on air to online with returning elements like their weekly voting event (Get the HOH Look) and a new social media contest (Unlock the Ultimate Big Brother Canada Experience) offering fans the chance to win an all-expenses paid trip to the Big Brother Canada finale in Toronto, coupled with a tour of the house, and more. A special section of TheBrick.com is also available for fans to peruse the items featured inside the house and as an added fan bonus, The Brick will launch a special #BBCAN3 pop up experience at one of their downtown locations beginning Saturday, March 21.

Twistos® Baked Snack Crackers
Twistos Baked Snack Crackers are back to shake up the house in even more shocking ways than before, sponsoring this season’s twists. With a season of #TwistosTwists looming, the houseguests will enjoy a supply of the snack while competing for a grand prize that includes a $10,000 trip of a lifetime to anywhere in the world, courtesy of the Twistos brand. 

OxiClean™ Laundry Detergent
As Big Brother Canada’sofficial laundry detergent provider, newcomer OxiClean™ Laundry Detergent is taking down dirty laundry and airing out the houseguests’ dirty secrets in a series of special vignettes on air and online. With the upcoming season of challenges, messy tasks, and stain ridden clothes, the OxiClean™-branded laundry station tackles tough stains while leaving houseguests’ clothes smelling fabulously fresh.

shomi™
shomi, Canada’s new streaming service, joins Big Brother Canada with a branded, in-show challenge that’s as customized as the platform’s own libraries. Plus, each week, the Head of Household will get the chance to watch and explore one movie or show episode from shomi’s extensive collection – a rare luxury – as part of their reward.

KFC
Also contributing to this season’s action is new sponsor KFC whose integration is so good, it’s one of season three’s most tightly guarded secrets, in addition to treating the houseguests to the Colonel’s famous chicken.

Ramada
While all this action is going down inside the house, #BBCANSuperfans will be watching closely on BigBrotherCanada.ca’s free live feeds. This year, a special fan-feed sponsored by returning partner Ramada gives viewers more control over the feeds than ever before, in addition to a custom in-show challenge sponsored by the hotel chain.

Pizza Pizza
After kicking off last season with a massive pizza party in episode one, Pizza Pizza returns to Big Brother Canada with a themed task and a savoury surprise reward if the houseguests complete the task successfully.

Big Brother Canada premieres on Global on Monday, March 23 at 8pm ET/PT and airs Mondays at 8pm ET/PT, Wednesdays at 9pm ET/PT and Sundays at 7pm ET/PT.

*Source: Secret Location’s Database 3/5/14 – 5/9/14

Source:http://www.shawmedia.ca/Media/PressReleaseDetail.aspx?pressReleaseId=6442461348

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2015, 08:40:37 AM »
It looks like they might be over doing the product placement. Hopfuly it doesn't effect the show too much.
I don't think it will - it certainly didn't last season. Most of it involves fan interaction. I expected shomi (this is one of 2 new "Netflix-type" services in Canada) to get involved. Pizza Pizza contributed last year. The bit about KFC is a tease...sounds intriguing. Ramada's sponsorship of the live feeds: I am unsure of.

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2015, 09:47:39 AM »
I don't think it will - it certainly didn't last season. Most of it involves fan interaction. I expected shomi (this is one of 2 new "Netflix-type" services in Canada) to get involved. Pizza Pizza contributed last year. The bit about KFC is a tease...sounds intriguing. Ramada's sponsorship of the live feeds: I am unsure of.

Ramada sponsored both seasons of live feeds iirc. As from Ramada would appear infrequently when watching the feeds.

I think I was referring to the bit promising fans "more control over the feeds". Not sure what that means. Guess we will find out shortly.

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2015, 01:28:03 PM »
It might be feed related tasks.

Anyways, the homepage of global shows 16 blank images. So I would assume 16 hgs? But if they are doing 5 hgs per day, that will leave us with 15 (like the other two seasons).

Robyn Kass tweeted that 1/3rd of cast will be revealed tonight. If the silhouette images are an error...that's pretty bad. There are other possibilities...a twist? (no I don't think they r doing another secret 15th HG/war room thing) Anyway, we will find out soon enough.

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2015, 09:42:40 PM »
16 housguests confirmed!

'Big Brother Canada': Meet The Houseguests Of Season 3

The reality show that made backstabbing and showmances a TV art form is back, with season three of Big Brother Canada premiering on Global next Monday.

Over the next three days, ET Canada will reveal the 16 houseguests, kicking off tonight with a quarterback, a rock climber and a plus-sized model.

So just how far are the new houseguests willing to go in order to emerge this season’s Big Brother Canada winner?

From L-R (Sarah, Jordan, Ashleigh, Bobby, Britnee, Zach)

“I don't want to have to do it,” says contestant Brittnee of lying and stabbing her fellow houseguests in the back. Then again, she admits that plan “is crazy because this is Big Brother Canada. But you know, we'll see.”

Contestant Zach says he’s planning to go all out… within limits. “I'm gonna do what I have to do,” he says, “what I have to do to get further in the game. But at the same time, there's a certain line that I don't want to cross.”

What about showmances this season? None of the newbies are ruling out the possibility, and Brittnee explains what she’s looking for in a showmantic partner. “I don't like high-maintenance people,” she says, “or people that just think they're better than everybody else.”

Houseguest Ashleigh admits that “it’s definitely hard for me to stay nice” when she encounters obvious rudeness, so watch out for fireworks if any of her fellow houseguests are “obnoxious, in-your-face people.”

In that regard, her fellow houseguest Bobby might just fit the bill. “I would define myself as crazy, fun-loving, spontaneous,” he says. “Some people might think I'm borderline psychotic,” he adds with a laugh.

Tune in to ET Canada over the next three days, airing weeknights at 7:30 p.m. ET/PT on Global, to meet the houseguests from season three of Big Brother Canada.

Source:http://www.etcanada.com/blogs/etc_132157/big-brother-canada-meet-the-houseguests-of-season-3/tv?hootPostID=0d5a47f374b2aa65897b98e649ed4dbc

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2015, 10:49:52 PM »
I already love Zach because he's completely destroying Peter on Twitter :lol: <3