Author Topic: TAR 25 Bitch, Moan & Squeal Thread **Spoilers Inside**  (Read 106673 times)

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
Re: TAR 25 Bitch, Moan & Squeal Thread **Spoilers Inside**
« Reply #425 on: June 22, 2014, 10:08:10 AM »
I really do not care with the race beginning in LA every season. It is cheap and they just do not show anything, so IdC.

About a finish line city, OK, once in a while it is OK.

I just think the key to success is mostly the 10 legs in the middle. Remember how linear was Last finale, and it was in Las Vegas OMG.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 10:30:41 AM by David »

Offline foreverhoping

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #426 on: June 22, 2014, 10:26:18 AM »
It has to do with budget. Start and end locations require a much larger footprint and require more moving parts than regular episodes. The save a lot of money with a LA start/finish (don't have to travel and house production staff and equipment).

Yes!  Someone who understands the cost of production.  Of course it is better to save money with a LA start or finish so the show is more attractive to renew.  The course is what matters, and LA and surrounding environs is definitely large and diverse enough for varied tasks at the start or finish.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #427 on: June 22, 2014, 01:10:59 PM »

THIS. It's gotten to the point that Los Angeles is the definition of a surfeit and the location itself has been pretty predictable. I've just grown tired of it being constantly favored. Besides, I think TAR has visited every tourist and cultural hotspot available in L.A. County considering they've traveled to a Chinese temple in a residential neighborhood and a random highway bridge that apparently didn't need further introduction.

Just WAIT> This is new and looks to be fabulous. No Debbie Downers today!! :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline foreverhoping

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #428 on: June 22, 2014, 01:19:30 PM »
Quote from: RachelLeVega on Today at 08:52:03 AM

THIS. It's gotten to the point that Los Angeles is the definition of a surfeit and the location itself has been pretty predictable. I've just grown tired of it being constantly favored. Besides, I think TAR has visited every tourist and cultural hotspot available in L.A. County considering they've traveled to a Chinese temple in a residential neighborhood and a random highway bridge that apparently didn't need further introduction.

That random highway bridge in the start of 21 was no random bridge.  It was the Colorado Street, or as it is also known as "Suicide Bridge" and it is on the National Register of Historic Places.  Cool historic place.

Offline Tar25fan

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #429 on: June 22, 2014, 01:40:41 PM »
Im so excited for the new sights of the teams in LA :conf: I think Misti & Jim are already in the final 3 and I think they are going to win, but I hope there are going to be more news
My finish line spot suggestion: getty center
And I am not saying as a fact that this is the finish line :res:

Online Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #430 on: June 22, 2014, 02:20:03 PM »
Ugh Misti & Jim...
They and Brooke & Robbie are the two teams I wasn't looking forward to seeing. So of course they're in the F4 and Misti & Jim are in the F3...
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline Tar25fan

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #431 on: June 22, 2014, 03:11:43 PM »
My bootlist speculation before the first pitstop:
Keith & Whitney
Kym & Alli
Tim & Te Jay
Lisa & Michelle
Adam & Bethany
Amy & Maya
Michael & Scott
Brooke & Robbie
Shelley & Nici
Dennis & Isabelle
Misti & Jim
I sort of screwed up on some teams so I hope I will be also wrong that Misti & Jim will win because I believe in my opinion the other two teams that are more than likely in the final 3 are more likeable than them  :luvya:

Offline batman06

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #432 on: June 22, 2014, 03:39:33 PM »
Idk I think Brooke/Robbie will annoy me more than Mitsi and Jim, didnt someone post Brooke was yelling at Robbie in Singapore non stop I cant deal with yelling  :funny:.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #433 on: June 22, 2014, 11:09:45 PM »
Quote from: RachelLeVega on Today at 08:52:03 AM

That random highway bridge in the start of 21 was no random bridge.  It was the Colorado Street, or as it is also known as "Suicide Bridge" and it is on the National Register of Historic Places.  Cool historic place.
Neat facts. Never knew the bridge is so popular in the Rose Bowl city. I have a change of heart for this location after being explained some background info of this place. :hrt:

Phil narrated a weird introduction of the Colorado St. Bridge to the viewers during the TAR21 premiere like he didn't care at all about putting a fun fact or two. Maybe that's why I've grew to dislike it for that long. ???
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #434 on: June 22, 2014, 11:45:19 PM »
Dedicating my 1000th post to this thread <3

May this be a top tier season and revive the golden age of TAR! ;D

The route is good (I don't exactly feel it's 100% amazing, but I like it), the cast all seem okay one way or another, and hopefully we get an amazing season <3

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #435 on: June 23, 2014, 01:07:01 AM »
This looks like an epic season already. Not sure wise about the route... BUT it's WAYYYY better than the last.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #436 on: June 23, 2014, 07:39:21 AM »
Dedicating my 1000th post to this thread <3

May this be a top tier season and revive the golden age of TAR! ;D

The route is good (I don't exactly feel it's 100% amazing, but I like it), the cast all seem okay one way or another, and hopefully we get an amazing season <3
:party: Happy 1000th post, gamerfan09! :party:
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #437 on: June 29, 2014, 04:43:45 PM »
Peach's post in the live sightings confirms that thre's going to be a My Ox is Broken switchback...I am absolutely giddy about this!!  Why on Earth has the race taken so long to get back to the Philippines?

Overall I think the route is a pretty good one this year, even if Europe has been working a little too much overtime recently.  Hopefully 26 gets back to Australia, South America, and the southern African countries (though I'm stoked about Morocco).

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #438 on: July 08, 2014, 10:15:02 PM »
I read in somewhere that someone knows who won this season, but they will never reveal. They just leaves this hint: "The Bite!". Hmm, that sounds uninteresting. I don't care. Figure alone if you want to do.  ???
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #439 on: July 09, 2014, 03:15:56 AM »
I read in somewhere that someone knows who won this season, but they will never reveal. They just leaves this hint: "The Bite!". Hmm, that sounds uninteresting. I don't care. Figure alone if you want to do.  ???

???

Well there's Adam & Bethany, Bethany's arm was bitten off by a shark, so there's that. Amy & Maya are food scientists (candy & ice cream), so maybe food bites? Misti & Jim are dentists (doh). And Brooke & Robbie are wrestlers (are physical bites involved here?).
I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #440 on: July 09, 2014, 03:54:46 AM »

???

Well there's Adam & Bethany, Bethany's arm was bitten off by a shark, so there's that. Amy & Maya are food scientists (candy & ice cream), so maybe food bites? Misti & Jim are dentists (doh). And Brooke & Robbie are wrestlers (are physical bites involved here?).

I hope Adany dn't win...

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #441 on: July 09, 2014, 06:19:44 AM »

???

:funny: :funny: :funny: But I know they are 4th placers.

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #442 on: July 09, 2014, 07:24:08 AM »

???

Huh? How? There were four teams at Narita enroute to LAX...
I'm gonna fight 'em all

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #443 on: July 09, 2014, 07:41:27 AM »

???

Huh? How? There were four teams at Narita enroute to LAX...

Eh? Did Brooke & Robbie interact with other teams? Maybe? Hmm... I remember, I read this at thread "Changes that..."(abbreviation, I forgot full name and I too lazy to see thread title again or somewhere this forum), someone talk about having 4 final teams in final leg.

Offline Tar25fan

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #444 on: July 09, 2014, 09:46:55 PM »
How there are four teams in the final 4? There is a picture of three teams together at the airport!!!

Offline Tar25fan

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #445 on: July 09, 2014, 10:16:49 PM »
Oops I meant 4 teams in the final leg.

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #446 on: July 10, 2014, 12:33:35 AM »
How there are four teams in the final 4? There is a picture of three teams together at the airport!!!

The four teams were all seen together at Narita. There's a picture, but a guy there may or may not be Robbie. But a witness stated there were four groups waiting in Japan. Maybe the fourth team was just taking the same flight to LAX, but not racing the final leg. So far, we don't know who the Final 3 is, unless those still-hidden spoilers for the final leg comes up soon....
I'm gonna fight 'em all

Offline Tar25fan

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #447 on: July 10, 2014, 10:57:32 AM »
Just because someone said there are four teams that means its true? A picture is a more valuable source and I think all of the 3 teams together being filmed are in the final 3. Have they ever filmed the last episode with an eliminated team among the finalists before?!?!?!?!

MrDeerShank

« Reply #448 on: July 10, 2014, 11:12:49 AM »
Just because someone said there are four teams that means its true? A picture is a more valuable source and I think all of the 3 teams together being filmed are in the final 3. Have they ever filmed the last episode with an eliminated team among the finalists before?!?!?!?!

Yes they're called decoys sunshine. See: TAR21 final leg spoilers

Offline Tar25fan

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #449 on: July 10, 2014, 05:28:05 PM »
Oh honey I didn't know what decoys are, thank you. :groan: So on TAR21 were Natalie & Nadiya and Abbie & Ryan being filmed with the other finalists? Did they interact with them in front of the cameras? I only remember these two teams doing some tasks, but not near the other teams  ???