Author Topic: TAR 25 Bitch, Moan & Squeal Thread **Spoilers Inside**  (Read 105984 times)

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 25 Bitch, Moan & Squeal Thread **Spoilers Inside**
« Reply #275 on: June 14, 2014, 09:42:39 PM »
We are (most likely) at Leg 8 in Malta. We have three legs for them to spend in Asia, return to Africa or even South America if they choose not to circumnavigate the globe. So you don't think a NYC night-time starting line in Times Square, a leg spent in a tropical paradise in the Virgin Islands, a leg in Oxford and Paddington, a leg in the Shetland Islands, a leg with self-driving in Copenhagen and Malmo, a leg in the splendour that is Marrakech and probably a second leg travelling around outer-desert Morocco and now legs in the Mediterranean in Sicily (not visited since Season 9) and a ferry to Malta (a new country, albeit a small one) is not diverse? Add three legs in Asia or Africa / South America to finish the race and I would be completely happy - 4 to 5 continents, 9 countries perhaps 10, 30-35,000 miles if not more - what truly do you want?
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline batman06

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #276 on: June 14, 2014, 09:47:06 PM »
Im with you Kiwi Jay this route is amazing!!!!!!  Much better than the past few seasons route of repeated countries  :conf:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #277 on: June 14, 2014, 09:48:09 PM »
^^ Amen,kiwi! I am loving it so far, and can't wait to see what comes next!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Tar25fan

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #278 on: June 14, 2014, 09:50:56 PM »
I like that this route didn't really have too many double legs on the same country

Offline batman06

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #279 on: June 14, 2014, 09:57:44 PM »
Yes!!! that was my issue with TAR 24 it had more double legs than any other season that was soooo disappointing  :iok

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #280 on: June 14, 2014, 10:01:15 PM »
Clearly I'm outnumbered here but I don't care  :lol:

For a show about travel, they have stayed mostly in the same area, that is the thing that bugs me the most. I do love having some great locations such as Shetland Islands, Morocco and I love the Times Square start (I'm not one for new countries, don't particularly care about Malta). Don't get me wrong, it's not the locations I have an issue with.

But doesn't it annoy you that they're gone not much further than where they were in leg two??? I don't think this route is anywhere near the levels of TAR20, 22 or 23. Each of them raced up and down all the way around the world and KEPT MOVING. It just hasn't gone as far, wide or been quite frankly as amazing as the others. Part of it for me is seeing the teams pop up somewhere on the other side of the world after we've lost them for a bit.... this season it just hasn't happened.

European legs to me, aren't particularly exciting -- nothing beats seeing the teams in culture shock as they travel through Asia, Middle East or Africa. I'm just not seeing it with this season, I can only hope these last few legs can make it up.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 10:04:28 PM by ovalorange »

Offline Tar25fan

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #281 on: June 14, 2014, 10:07:44 PM »
This is the best time of the year to go to Europe. South America is winter now, Oceania doesnt have the best weather either and most of Asia is raining. So it is really not a surprise to spend a lot of legs in Europe. I do think they should avoid it next season though. Would love to see also South America being the last continent visit once again - only done in tar18

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #282 on: June 14, 2014, 10:08:54 PM »
Don't forget Morocco...Africa. And love the popping up in Malta. And the last few legs can still be amazing!!

I am just so thankful it is 1000X better than last time already.

(did you know my real name is Pollyanna?? LOL!)
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #283 on: June 14, 2014, 10:11:31 PM »
Don't forget Morocco...Africa. And love the popping up in Malta. And the last few legs can still be amazing!!

I am just so thankful it is 1000X better than last time already.

(did you know my real name is Pollyanna?? LOL!)

I hear you Peach, I'm the same - perhaps not with the name Pollyanna though ;) - I am grateful they've got a diverse new cast, great new locations and I have faith that even if they've done a fair bit in Europe, it's been in great locations and I am sure the last few legs will see them dole up a fair few 00's in the mileage department!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #284 on: June 14, 2014, 10:13:39 PM »
We could even have legs in Oceania still to come. It's pretty warm in Fiji all year round plus we've never had winter legs in New Zealand. I'm in South Canterbury and the mountains look amazing at this time of the year. Ski season just started on Friday.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Tar25fan

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #285 on: June 14, 2014, 10:21:23 PM »
I think we've had too many island legs already  :funny:

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #286 on: June 14, 2014, 10:24:56 PM »
And about South America, winter is only hitting down the Equador line. North of Brazil (discarded by obvious reasons) and Equador, Guyana, Surinam, Guiana, Venezuela and Colombia are on summer.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #287 on: June 14, 2014, 10:35:02 PM »

For a show about travel, they have stayed mostly in the same area, that is the thing that bugs me the most. I do love having some great locations such as Shetland Islands, Morocco and I love the Times Square start (I'm not one for new countries, don't particularly care about Malta). Don't get me wrong, it's not the locations I have an issue with.

But doesn't it annoy you that they're gone not much further than where they were in leg two??? I don't think this route is anywhere near the levels of TAR20, 22 or 23. Each of them raced up and down all the way around the world and KEPT MOVING. It just hasn't gone as far, wide or been quite frankly as amazing as the others. Part of it for me is seeing the teams pop up somewhere on the other side of the world after we've lost them for a bit.... this season it just hasn't happened.

European legs to me, aren't particularly exciting -- nothing beats seeing the teams in culture shock as they travel through Asia, Middle East or Africa. I'm just not seeing it with this season, I can only hope these last few legs can make it up.

EXACTLY. Most of the iconic legs in the past seasons, (Leg 6 on TAR24, Leg 9 on TAR23, Vietnam on TAR22) have purely been in Asia. Asia, as much as there are horrible legs (China 1-2 on TAR24, China on TAR21, Indo 1-2 in TAR21, etc.), have also simply amazing legs that purely immerse the teams into the culture. Europe, while a great continent, is no where near as fun as seeing teams in Asia. I mean, this TAR25 route is okay, don't get me wrong, but I would have really loved them to be in Asia by now.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #288 on: June 14, 2014, 10:39:50 PM »
I also hope Gaysians, Adam/Bethany and Keithney are still in it and maybe all the other F/Fs <3

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #289 on: June 14, 2014, 11:03:57 PM »
I'm so eager to watch this season already! So much real diversity in teams this time around; the route looks so much better than last season's, 21's, and 18's altogether; plus, I'm looking forward to how the new Save twist will play out. Hopefully, they've also gotten rid of the Speed Bumps since they've milked it to oblivion and planted a better, cheaper non-elimination penalty. For right now, no Speed Bump news = glamazing! The raw filming of this season is nonetheless promising especially the recent speculations of Malta being visited. ;)

The only complaint I have is... THIS SEASON LOOKS TOO SPECTACULAR TO EVEN JEER AT! :happy: :lol: :happy:
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline selfeviction

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #290 on: June 14, 2014, 11:49:28 PM »
I like that this route didn't really have too many double legs on the same country
That was what I hated so much about TAR 24

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #291 on: June 15, 2014, 03:39:11 AM »

EXACTLY. Most of the iconic legs in the past seasons, (Leg 6 on TAR24, Leg 9 on TAR23, Vietnam on TAR22) have purely been in Asia. Asia, as much as there are horrible legs (China 1-2 on TAR24, China on TAR21, Indo 1-2 in TAR21, etc.), have also simply amazing legs that purely immerse the teams into the culture. Europe, while a great continent, is no where near as fun as seeing teams in Asia. I mean, this TAR25 route is okay, don't get me wrong, but I would have really loved them to be in Asia by now.

I agree with everything.  Having half the Legs in Europe just feels off to me.  Malta's great and I'm excited for it to finally be visited, but after Morocco, I would've liked to have seen them continue moving out of Europe, maybe south to South Africa or moving into Asia.

It's a good point about the culture shock.  You just don't get that kind of experience in Europe like you would in Africa or Asia or even South America.  Hopefully that doesn't sound borderline offensive or stereotypical. 

But I think that's one of the reasons I prefer the Westward routes because there are more teams able to go through those Asian Legs.  Even with TAR18's Asia/Australia heavy route, it was a mix of big cities, countrysides, first world, third world, etc.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #292 on: June 15, 2014, 06:23:37 PM »
Watching TAR on Fridays will be so weird for me since I usually watch the last 3/4 of 60 Minutes weekly and then The Mentalist. I'm going to practice by emotionally torturing myself through Undercover Boss reruns. :funny:
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #293 on: June 15, 2014, 06:53:07 PM »
Here is the Friday schedule:

FRIDAY

8:00-9:00 PM              THE AMAZING RACE (NT)

9:00-10:00 PM            HAWAII FIVE-0

10:00-11:00 PM          BLUE BLOODS
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #294 on: June 15, 2014, 08:19:27 PM »
Here is the Friday schedule:

FRIDAY

8:00-9:00 PM              THE AMAZING RACE (NT)

9:00-10:00 PM            HAWAII FIVE-0

10:00-11:00 PM          BLUE BLOODS
Goodie! TAR and the two great cop dramas :hrt:

As it has become a recurring word in Hawaii Five-O, Mahalo (thank you)!

Offline cosmophobia

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #295 on: June 15, 2014, 08:35:47 PM »
And about South America, winter is only hitting down the Equador line. North of Brazil (discarded by obvious reasons) and Equador, Guyana, Surinam, Guiana, Venezuela and Colombia are on summer.

I don't know why are you assuming seasonal weather has something to do with it. In TAR24 they visited Chile in the middle of winter and no one noticed. South America (even the southern cone) are not discarded by this.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #296 on: June 15, 2014, 08:47:18 PM »

I don't know why are you assuming seasonal weather has something to do with it. In TAR24 they visited Chile in the middle of winter and no one noticed. South America (even the southern cone) are not discarded by this.

Please read all the previous post before stating something about my posts, ok? I was only replying a post saying that it was winter in all South America. The only place I discarded was Brazil, obviously due to the World Cup and the huge amount of people travelling between cities involved in the competion.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline batman06

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #297 on: June 15, 2014, 09:40:31 PM »
I have heard some complain about the show coming on Fridays now but im thrilled as the show would always come on late on Sundays because the football game would always get extended Fridays are great nothing like working Monday thru Friday and chilling at home on my sofa watching my favorite tv show THE AMAZING RACE  :hearts: :hearts: :conf: :conf: 

paldog123456

« Reply #298 on: June 16, 2014, 08:20:50 PM »
I'm loving this route! So much EUROPE!

(Plus, Malta; finally, a new country!) (Shetland Islands could be considered a new country, too.)

Some of my favorite destinations: Sicily, Oxford, and London! YAY!

Offline Loken

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #299 on: June 16, 2014, 08:37:17 PM »
Knew it!! indonesia has been visited this season :P :)
Creating Routes ~