Author Topic: TAR 25 Bitch, Moan & Squeal Thread **Spoilers Inside**  (Read 106734 times)

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
Re: TAR 25 Bitch, Moan & Squeal Thread **Spoilers Inside**
« Reply #75 on: June 01, 2014, 02:11:20 PM »
There was a lot of enthusiasm for Ethan and Jenna as well, it's just that they got caught in that season's twist where there was no elimination on the first leg, and two eliminations on the second leg.
-- theschnauzers

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #76 on: June 01, 2014, 03:31:09 PM »
Yeah I don't think it's the reality crossover thing that upsets people, it's who it is. I doubt most casuals even will remember who Keith & Whitney are. I had to go back and watch interviewed just to get a hint of their personalities. Apparently she sucks at reading Google maps haha.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #77 on: June 01, 2014, 06:19:59 PM »
I really don't like the fact that they have to set foot back in the mainland US during the Race.
It felt weird to me on TARPh that they had to fly back to Manila just to fly somewhere else, but they had no choice with the limited number of flights and connections they could use.  Weren't there any non-mainland US connections they could've used here?   :(

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #78 on: June 01, 2014, 06:57:54 PM »
I really don't like the fact that they have to set foot back in the mainland US during the Race.
It felt weird to me on TARPh that they had to fly back to Manila just to fly somewhere else, but they had no choice with the limited number of flights and connections they could use.  Weren't there any non-mainland US connections they could've used here?   :(

St. John only has a small airport that flys from to and from the mainland US. So no. This is their only option.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #79 on: June 01, 2014, 07:05:06 PM »

St. John only has a small airport that flys from to and from the mainland US. So no. This is their only option.
I thought I saw people say though that they could connect through Puerto Rico or one of the other islands that have flights to London and Europe?

Offline TerraformingYou

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #80 on: June 01, 2014, 07:05:51 PM »
By the flights provided to London today, I think it's possible to have another 3-hour time difference between flights. :'(

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #81 on: June 01, 2014, 07:18:30 PM »

I thought I saw people say though that they could connect through Puerto Rico or one of the other islands that have flights to London

Could be. I only skimmed through the flights.

Offline Tar25fan

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #82 on: June 01, 2014, 07:22:03 PM »
So far the mother and daughter team did well. I really think they will make it far the race, unless they make a huge mistake

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #83 on: June 01, 2014, 07:25:18 PM »
So far the mother and daughter team did well. I really think they will make it far the race, unless they make a huge mistake

These kinds of posts tend to drive people (especially those reading on a mobile device) through the roof. Its stating a very obvious piece of information that didn't need to be posted. This is not meant to sound rude but I think its needs to be said :tup:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #84 on: June 01, 2014, 07:25:38 PM »
It is not the first time teams had to take a connecting flight in the U.S. to reach another destination. Happens all the time with flights from Asia to Alaska, happened in TAR 3 with flights from Mexico City to London.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Tar25fan

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #85 on: June 01, 2014, 07:27:42 PM »
Oh what!?

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #86 on: June 01, 2014, 07:47:04 PM »

I thought I saw people say though that they could connect through Puerto Rico or one of the other islands that have flights to London and Europe?

I guess though if they wanted to do that, they could just have a leg in one of those islands. Most of them would probably transit in the US anyway, despite the direct flights. Cancun had flights to Europe, I believe, also, and they didn't necessarily use them.

Offline selfeviction

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #87 on: June 01, 2014, 11:31:13 PM »
I really like the Pro Wrestlers & Keith/Whitney rn. hoping pro wrestlers survive leg 1.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #88 on: June 01, 2014, 11:48:09 PM »
I have a feeling that Leg 1 was an NEL idk why :lol:

Maybe it's because we have a Leg 1 NEL every 3-4 seasons? (TAR15, then TAR18-19, then since 24 wasn't NEL,  maybe this is. :P)

Offline Tar25fan

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #89 on: June 02, 2014, 08:07:44 AM »
Looks like for the first time ever a female blonde team will be the first one eliminated. I think they should stop casting female blonde teams. We will never see again another Dustin & Candice team

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #90 on: June 02, 2014, 08:13:58 AM »
Looks like for the first time ever a female blonde team will be the first one eliminated. I think they should stop casting female blonde teams. We will never see again another Dustin & Candice team

Or Michelle & Jo style team, I don't think they will stop.
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #91 on: June 02, 2014, 08:24:11 AM »

Or Michelle & Jo style team, I don't think they will stop.

TARAus casts very good F/F teams (Michelle & Jo, Sam & Renae, Alana & Mel), if TAR US would do the same, they would be much better!

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #92 on: June 02, 2014, 01:34:27 PM »
As the resident kicker, I am glad they did some punting.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #93 on: June 02, 2014, 02:10:34 PM »
I am waiting for a Kenny/Gerard switchback moment!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #94 on: June 02, 2014, 02:17:30 PM »
Exactly what I was thinking Peach! So glad Oxford is getting a visit, and Paddington. I am fine with England for Leg 2, but here's hoping 3 goes somewhere completely different! :)
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #95 on: June 02, 2014, 02:19:35 PM »
Excited for Adam and Bethany :yess:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #96 on: June 02, 2014, 04:27:02 PM »
Exactly what I was thinking Peach! So glad Oxford is getting a visit, and Paddington. I am fine with England for Leg 2, but here's hoping 3 goes somewhere completely different! :)

Random former Yugoslavian countries <333

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #97 on: June 02, 2014, 04:36:39 PM »
Kym has a youtube channel with 25000 subscribers!

Offline MikeDodgers

• RFF Jr. Member
  • PHINBELLA POWER!
« Reply #98 on: June 02, 2014, 05:19:35 PM »
Just read that starting with TAR 25, the show's gonna be on Friday Nights @ 8 PM.....the Friday Night 'death slot'. Why would CBS do such a thing?
"When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home....."

-Theme song from 'Full House' (1987-1995)

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #99 on: June 02, 2014, 05:50:06 PM »
Just read that starting with TAR 25, the show's gonna be on Friday Nights @ 8 PM.....the Friday Night 'death slot'. Why would CBS do such a thing?

Because TAR24 absolutely sucked on every single level and was completely terrible and a flop.