Author Topic: TAR 25 Bitch, Moan & Squeal Thread **Spoilers Inside**  (Read 106522 times)

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 25 Bitch, Moan & Squeal Thread **Spoilers Inside**
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2014, 08:13:37 AM »
Bethany Hamilton :luvya: :hearts: (Team Surf) Hopefully, they aren't the first team eliminated. A very inspirational woman indeed and I would love to see her compete on land in contrast to in the waters.

Another Survivor couple?... :barf

Everybody would definitely love to see a team like that go far. :)

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2014, 08:16:04 AM »
Bethany Hamilton :luvya: :hearts: (Team Surf) Hopefully, they aren't the first team eliminated. A very inspirational woman indeed and I would love to see her compete on land in contrast to in the waters.

You've probably never seen them on Survivor give them a chance :)
I simply do not like CBS crossover couples. I enjoyed duos for who they were in the beginning (like Jeff & Jordan in Big Brother 11, and Ethan & Jenna from Survivor: Africa and Amazon), but I don't like it when they cross over to another CBS competition show just for the fame and more money. A lot of average joes/janes audition for TAR and these recruited former reality stars are given more royalty than them. Also, after hearing that Survivor: South Pacific was a bland season, I'm not going to waste my time watching a bad season of island strategy.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2014, 08:18:41 AM »

You've probably never seen them on Survivor give them a chance :)
I simply do not like CBS crossover couples. I enjoyed duos for who they were in the beginning (like Jeff & Jordan in Big Brother 11, and Ethan & Jenna from Survivor: Africa and Amazon), but I don't like it when they cross over to another CBS competition show just for the fame and more money. A lot of average joes/janes audition for TAR and these recruited former reality stars are given more royalty than them. Also, after hearing that Survivor: South Pacific was a bland season, I'm not going to waste my time watching a bad season of island strategy.

Eh, we probably don't know if they were offered by producers or not, let's just see! :P

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2014, 08:24:09 AM »
I get the crossover, but why Whitney and Keith are on now of all seasons makes no sense to me... they are so three years ago lol.

BUT, I am excited for this season, all those bright matching outfits omg... classic TAR!! Looks like we've got a good bunch of 'normal' people too, this is a good start for me!

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2014, 08:27:54 AM »
If Keith & Whitney applied for the show then I don't mind them being on the show but if they were approached by someone at CBS then I am annoyed.

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2014, 09:56:48 AM »
I don't think this season they'll come to Beijing, China because of the restricted security check recently.
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline themikko95

• RFF Full Member
  • Kym/Alli for the win!
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2014, 10:15:29 AM »
4 F/F teams is just awesome! orange team ftw so far! The asian m/m looks good too!!
Dustin/Kandice, Jaime/Cara and Pam/Winnie = goddesses!

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2014, 10:28:16 AM »
Eastward route!? :whoop: :grins:  :'(

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2014, 10:37:46 AM »
There are 3 Asian American this season(and to me it is look like Chinese),I think this season there will be high possibility going to HongKong/Macau/Taiwan(I don't think mainland China because they just visited last season)

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2014, 10:54:08 AM »
This is going to be a great season :yess: :yess:
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline Felix

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2014, 11:05:13 AM »
Wow,it will be so strange for me to see Robbie E and Brooke Tessmacher out of the pro-wrestling world...I'll probably be cheering for them,although I hate Robbie E as a wrestler (he's awful).
For me,will be interesting to see if they act the same when they're out of the wrestling persona.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2014, 11:32:17 AM »
The U.S. Virgin Islands are a new location, very beautiful and a visit to the Carribean which has not occurred since Season 7, correct me if I am wrong...so come on, that's a great first location!
This
-- theschnauzers

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2014, 11:33:36 AM »
All 11 teams seem very interesting. I don't want to see any of them go home after Leg 1. :( I know it's pre-determined, but I'm wishing for a 1st leg NEL.

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2014, 11:48:56 AM »
OMG rooting for the M/M couple like seriously <3333333333333333333

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2014, 12:30:16 PM »
I don't know if I'm happy with the cast?

4 F/F teams is awesome, but only 2 M/M teams is just  :groan:

And so many young couples!  (:;)
Once again CBS have left out the older married / grandparent team, and is there a Parent / Child Team?
Plus I would've liked an African American M/F or M/M team to go along with the F/F team we have.

However, the diversity in terms of Asians is fantastic to see, and I can't wait to see Robbie E & Brooke, because for too long now I've been wishing for a Pro Wrestler team, although one from WWE would've been better, I'll not complain.   :conf:
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2014, 01:09:21 PM »

Once again CBS have left out the older married / grandparent team, and is there a Parent / Child Team?
Plus I would've liked an African American M/F or M/M team to go along with the F/F team we have.

However, the diversity in terms of Asians is fantastic to see, and I can't wait to see Robbie E & Brooke, because for too long now I've been wishing for a Pro Wrestler team, although one from WWE would've been better, I'll not complain.   :conf:

We've had 4-5mm teams for the last 3 seasons really.. about time it switched up <3 But the MMs this season look great!!

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2014, 01:13:47 PM »

We've had 4-5mm teams for the last 3 seasons really.. about time it switched up <3 But the MMs this season look great!!

I was gonna type the same thing. I agree with SteKay. It's about to turn the tables.
The old couple... I'm not sure about that. ??? Maybe none made it close to the cut. Let's just hope that there will be more next season. :) Elder teams that make it far through the race usually show that age doesn't matter when it comes to racing.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2014, 01:18:28 PM »
Yes I agree that a 50+ team would've been nice but maybe they just didn't get a worthwhile one!

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2014, 01:21:08 PM »
TAR 22 had the best balance imo. 4 M/F, 4 M/M, 3 F/F

Like someone said, I DO love that there are 4 F/F teams :hearts: but at least one more M/M team would have been nice.

Since TAR 25 is such a grand ("silver") number and should be something memorable/a big step up from TAR 24, I was hoping that they would have 12 teams this season :-[

I also wish there were some older people here. I'm not talking elders, (one or two of those teams would be nice!), but look at TAR 20 - slightly older cast and they worked out fine imo. This cast looks like a bunch of college people.

But I'm not entirely complaining, I think the fact that we have pretty young/fit people could make for a very competitive season (hopefully)!

BTW, I LOVE that we have the matching colored shirts again! It hasn't been too noticeable in the past few seasons, but this is great for me!

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2014, 01:26:37 PM »
Eastward route!? :whoop: :grins:  :'(
After TAR24, I'm basically done with legs in Asia for now so an eastward route would be a great change of scenery.

If they wanted to go to a U.S. territory, I wonder why they didn't choose Puerto Rico. I love the Caribbeans being visited again since season 7, but why the U.S. Virgin Islands? Why not fly to Puerto Rico where it is richer in history and culture, possibly with even cheaper flights than to St. Thomas.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2014, 01:36:05 PM »
TAR 22 had the best balance imo. 4 M/F, 4 M/M, 3 F/F
BTW, I LOVE that we have the matching colored shirts again! It hasn't been too noticeable in the past few seasons, but this is great for me!

So I'm not the only one that loves the matching team colors?

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2014, 01:40:49 PM »
Racel LeVega, TAR 7 went to Puerto Rico and had a roadblock on the final leg before heading to Miami-Fort Lauderdale as the final city.
-- theschnauzers

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2014, 02:23:18 PM »

Maybe I'm just still bitter at 5 young M/F teams, and no older couples!  :(

I'd say the cast will grow on me over time though, but even if there was one less M/F and one more M/M I'd be much happier, but ahh well.
As RaceUntilWeDie said, lets hope a bunch of younger teams means an extremely competitive race.  Like TAR 24's Leg 2 Pitstop only with every Leg!  :lol:
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2014, 02:53:30 PM »
The Boston, Mass. firefighters are both in their 40's if not 50's and Shelley (the mother) is likely in her 40's. Misti & Jim (the Married dentists) are likely near 40 also judging by FB etc. so we do have people in that bracket. Just no Bill & Cathi age-type. But we don't get that all the time! What a start, man! NYC to Virgin Islands - 3AM start, teams race from Times Square to Flushing Meadows then on to JFK? Way better than 24 already!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2014, 03:11:17 PM »
Totally agree Kiwi!