Author Topic: Amazing Race 25 LIVE Sightings! Tweets Go Here! **please read post 1**  (Read 199689 times)

Offline ohKay

• RFF Not So Newbie
what is the standard for posting tweets here again? Just saw this one

Met a team off The Amazing Race in Edinburgh this morning... or was it a US travel show???!! :D :D :D

messaged them

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster

Met a team off The Amazing Race in Edinburgh this morning... or was it a US travel show???!! :D :D :D

messaged them

You should put the name of twitter and the time:
Michael Thompson ‏@Mikaay 41m

Offline ukTARfan

• RFF Not So Newbie
Hi guys,

Saw the teams at Edinburgh Haymarket station earlier on today. After getting the tip off on the forums about teams getting on a train at 6:36am at Oxford and heading to Aberdeen, I did some research and concluded they must have got the train to Birmingham New Street and then changed to get a train to Edinburgh Haymarket where they would then change on a train to Aberdeen. The earliest possible train to Edinburgh they could have got, given a 6:36am departure from Oxford, was the 8:15 train to Haymarket.  We went along to Haymarket ready for the speculated 12:16 arrival of the Birmingham train and the train arrived at 12:22 carrying the teams   :yess:. There was a 10 minute wait before they embarked upon the 12:32 train to Aberdeen which was on the nearby platform. In that time I managed to see 9 teams, excluding the team of blonde females and Dennis and Isabella - that isn't to say they weren't there only that I didn't see them.

We asked a cameraman what they were filming and they gave us the standard reply of a 'US Travel series' but we then got chatting to Michael who we didn't realise was a contestant. He was very friendly and he called Scott over and produced a clue from his bag (the additional information sheet which we never get to see on TV).  He then asked us to use our internet to research certain things from the clue. I don't know what normal procedures are on this board but I don't want to reveal any details that will compromise the race. Here is a photo we managed to get of the Green team (wrestlers) on the train.

On a side note, we noticed the blue female team were being filmed chatting and the dentists and survivor team were having a chat together waiting for the train.

Seeing the teams today totally made up for the fact that I missed Season 22 coming to Edinburgh  :conf:.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 09:05:13 AM by ukTARfan »

Offline clemsonbeav

• RFF Full Member
So cool!  Jealous that you actually got to see a clue (and what's not shown on the TV at that!  I love behind the scenes info.)!  Thanks for sharing.  Now just notify your friends and family in the Shetlands to be on the lookout!  :)

Offline ukTARfan

• RFF Not So Newbie
Teams were instructed to go to the rooftop car park at Union Square Shopping centre in Aberdeen, find the parked Ford Focuses and then drive to get the ferry. Union Square shopping centre is actually connected to the train station so teams wouldn't have had far to go. It appears that teams were unaware of ferry times but their only option is the one leaving at 7pm tonight.

Offline ukTARfan

• RFF Not So Newbie
The last part of the clue said they had to drive their cars to some car park in Lerwick (apologies I can't remember the name) and 'travel on foot and find the Puffin'

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Thank you so much for sharing!! :hearts: LOL, self driving on the right, oh boy!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective

messaged them

Michael Thompson ‏@Mikaay  · 19m 
@xxx The forum post spoilers on RFF is the person I was with. :) It was Michael and Scott.

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
Michael Thompson ‏@Mikaay 21 min

Still buzzing after our Amazing Race encounter this morning. I couldn't believe that @bethanyhamilton is racing too!! :D
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
^^ same guy, lol.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
 Davin Yu ‏@DavinYu1991 1 h

Went to Aberdeen earlier today and saw amazing race again bolting out of the train. #amaze-balls
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Davin Yu ‏@DavinYu1991 1 h

Went to Aberdeen earlier today and saw amazing race again bolting out of the train. #amaze-balls

He tweeted yesterday about them being in London and being in #stalkermode. I guess he found them!

Offline scott14

• RFF Not So Newbie
Hi everyone,

Thought I'd share my story of how I met some teams at the beginning of Leg 3 in Oxford.

After arriving in town at 8pm I immediately noticed the production vans in the main car park in Oxford, after spending 2 hours circling Christ Church, bus and train station to no success I returned home for a few hours.

Arriving back in town at midnight I again wondered around the city and watched the main gates at Christ Church college which were now closed to see if I could spot teams, again no luck. However after walking toward the train station for the second loop of the city in this stint I walked directly into the teams.  :hearts:

The surfers and dentists walked directly towards me at about 12:45am I could hardly believe it! They asked to use my phone (still running multiple RFF tabs haha) and searched directions from Aberdeen train station to a car park and then to drive their ford focuses to the ferry. They also looked at ferries to Lerwick and googled puffins, I too saw their clue and it asked them to find the puffin on Lerwick (or words very similar)

Jim took the lead googling and I got filmed with both teams, 2 minutes in we were joined by the Survivor team. All worked together to write down the instructions. They had already found the train that left at 6:36am in the morning. All were really chatty and kind and spent at least 5mins with them. Bethany asked if I surfed as I was wearing a Billabong jumper and I told them how remote the Shetlands were. They were all very appreciative and I couldnt believe I had walked right into their path. Think they were the first 3 teams as they joked about teams 4 hours behind catching up.

Another hour later and no more teams so I decided to drive home at 2am, 2 mins in to my drive I spot another team, the firefighters in red who were running towards the train station.

Knowing their train time I went home for a quick 3 hour power sleep and returned to the station at 6am, to see the remaining 9 teams. Tried to disguise myself by wearing a massive hat so the teams I saw didn't recognise me. Sat on the platform til about 6:20am until all the teams started to move to the platform for their train.  Pretty sure Bethany, Adam and Whitney recognised me as looked directly at me when I was taking photos - only about 40 other people at the station at this time.

9 teams were everyone except the Pink girls and Isabelle and Dennis, have loads of photos, but will upload the best now.

Sorry for the essay, but wanted to share my uber cool experience of being filmed and watching the race in action.  :)

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
Thanks for sharing the whole experience scott14! It was nice reading it. Now waiting for your pics!   :hoot:

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
What an experience, thanks for sharing it. You actually interacted with them.

Offline scott14

• RFF Not So Newbie
Teams in Oxford at start of Leg 3 - hope i've uploaded correctly

Have about 100 photos so may upload more later.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
It's ok, take your time. And btw, are perfectly uploaded - credit included  :) -.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Thank you Scott!! Wonderful job!! Isn't this FUN?? :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Online Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
WOW, Scott14, that's AWESOME!
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline eddiethejet

• RFF Sr. Member
Thank you so much Scott.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
Scott you did an awesome job; I'm impressed!

All nighters are tough on me these days; I'm still recovering from live cam watching on Friday night.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
Thank you for sharing the pics Scott! :hearts: The quality is awesome. :)

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Taylor Wiedemann ‏@TaylorWiedemann 9m
Just seen all the amazing race teams in lerwick!!!!!!
2:37 AM Pacific Daylight Time - 5 Jun 2014

I've asked him what they were doing.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 04:59:29 AM by Plaidmoon »

Offline Oddarane

• RFF Full Member
  • Scandinavian Minister for the Amazing Race
“@TaylorWiedemann: Just seen all the amazing race teams in lerwick!!!!!!” 11 mins ago
\\\\\\\"The world is waiting for you. Good luck - travel safe - GO! - Phil Keoghan

Offline kathleenykl

• RFF Not So Newbie
Take a look at this...
 http://instagram.com/p/o3Dne5BAr5/