Author Topic: Amazing Race 25 LIVE Sightings! Tweets Go Here! **please read post 1**  (Read 199777 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Second Location: LONDON

more later, in haste :hugs:

Also possible LONDON is a connection point not a destination. We need to look for connection flights that would have been possible after a 0600-0900 ish flight to London. Transportation thread please!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Just for completeness and because I spent time going through it all, here's a couple more sightings from the past 24 hours that don't see posted here. There's nothing too significant.

Maura Lisson @MauraLisson  ·  21h
Early morning flight and ran into the amazing race contestants and @PhilKeoghan. Cool start to the day! #tar25 #amazingrace #jfk #newyork
3:27 AM Pacific Daylight Time- 31 May 2014

Meghan Lisson @meghanlisson  ·  21h
super nice @PhilKeoghan humoring us with a 6am selfie. #jfk #AmazingRace @AmazingRace_CBS http://Instagram.com/p/oqIOkaDktp/
3:55 AM Pacific Daylight Time - 31 May 2014

Sarah Knott @sarahcait98  ·  16h
Just saw the teams from the Amazing Race get off a plane at the airport in St. Thomas #olpc2k14 #KatieThoughtItWasTheKardashians
8:47 AM Pacific Daylight Time - 31 May 2014

The instagram picture is just a picture of Phil with a man and a woman. I can't grab an instagram image, so I'll leave that for someone else to do. There's nothing in the image that would reveal anything to us.

Offline Joeyslimo

• RFF Not So Newbie
http://instagram.com/p/otRztuxMk5/#

#The Amazing Race@Curaçao !!!!!

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
http://instagram.com/p/otRztuxMk5/#

#The Amazing Race@Curaçao !!!!!

That's TARLA 5 PS, you can see the host, Toya Montoya (the girl with the black hat). And the poster is one of TARLA producers.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Joeyslimo

• RFF Not So Newbie
Yesterday, the popular reality show, The Amazing Race, was filmed off of Lovango Cay/Carvel Cay, which are just off of St. John's scenic North shore. It' such a beautiful spot, with the most amazing turquoise water, great diving, fishing and cool rock formations. Great exposure for the VI! Here is my foto of the activity we saw when we drove by in the PM- look like they had the contestants climbing out of the water, up a cargo net, and onto the the rocks.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 11:38:42 AM by Joeyslimo »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
Looks like zip lines in the shot as well.

The rock formation may be called Carvel Rock:  Pinterest

« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 12:56:10 PM by Chateau d If »
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Joeyslimo

• RFF Not So Newbie
 Alexa Perkins @alexa_perkins  ·  18m

On the same plane as contestants from Amazing Race, and there are camera men all over the plane omg

Apparently she wrote she is flying from St Thomas to Georgia to Boston to central Maine so they must be heading to Atlanta??? :O

Offline Tar25fan

• RFF Sr. Member
Connecting flight I believe.

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Alexa Perkins @alexa_perkins  ·  18m

On the same plane as contestants from Amazing Race, and there are camera men all over the plane omg

Apparently she wrote she is flying from St Thomas to Georgia to Boston to central Maine so they must be heading to Atlanta??? :O

No international airports in St. Thomas

Offline Tar25fan

• RFF Sr. Member
I found several flights going from Atlanta to London at the time that they get there - 6:35pm

Offline Tar25fan

• RFF Sr. Member
The flight from Saint Thomas to Atlanta gets there at 6:25pm, then the flights from Atlanta to London are at 6:35pm

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
The flight from Saint Thomas to Atlanta gets there at 6:25pm, then the flights from Atlanta to London are at 6:35pm
There is no way teams on a "domestic" flight from St. Thomas will be able to connect to an international flight out of ATL (Atlanta Jackson-Hartfield International Airport) in 10 minutes. The international flights now depart from a separate terminal. When are the next flights out of ATL to London?
-- theschnauzers

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
Silvia G. ‏@silveision 31 de may.

Volver a casa a las 3 de la mañana y encontrarte en pleno Times Square con el rodaje de lo que parece "Pekín Express" pic.twitter.com/cZWR68I2Yi

Returning home at 3 in the morning and find in middle of Time Square with the filming of what appears to be Pekín Express.

"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Tar25fan

• RFF Sr. Member
There is no way teams on a "domestic" flight from St. Thomas will be able to connect to an international flight out of ATL (Atlanta Jackson-Hartfield International Airport) in 10 minutes. The international flights now depart from a separate terminal. When are the next flights out of ATL to London?

9:30pm delayed

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF

9:30pm delayed

Only sightings here, please.

Offline 58Shark

• RFF Newbie
Hey guys,
I stumbled across this blog whilst looking for sightings:
http://newsofstjohn.com/2014/06/01/something-amazing-just-happened/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=something-amazing-just-happened
It has some information about the leg in St. Thomas St. John from people who saw it in the area. Not sure how accurate it is but based on what has been said on here so far it looks like it is.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Maps and pics and videos as well! :tu shark and :welcome: to RFF!

Something “Amazing” Just Happened…                June 1, 2014 • 1 Comment    Image credit: Captain John Brandi of Palm Tree ChartersBoats waiting to transport the racers – Image credit: Captain John Brandi of Palm Tree Charters
Anyone see an abnormally high number of seaplanes flying near Lovango and Congo cays yesterday? Perhaps you saw a helicopter flying back and forth in the area? Want to know why???
CBS chose our happy little slice of heaven as a location in its latest season of The Amazing Race! How cool is that??!!
We got the call yesterday morning from Captain John Brandi of Palm Tree Charters.  He mentioned how someone inquired a while back about booking a charter for yesterday. Seeing how Captain John typically takes weekends off, Island Sue [Captain John's better half :)] turned down the request. Captain John did do a bit of snooping, however, and soon learned what was up.
It turns out that another boat captain friend of ours was tapped to help out. (Now we’re not sure if any confidentiality releases were signed, so we’re keeping his name out of today’s post.)  What we do know is that this second captain was out near Carval Rock for a good part of the day. It seems that they did some filming in a variety of places around St. Thomas and St. John.
Image credit: Captain John Brandi of Palm Tree ChartersSet up for The Amazing Race – Image credit: Captain John Brandi of Palm Tree Charters
Check out this mobile movie of the seaplane coming in courtesy of Captain John Brandi:

And here is a helicopter moving in, again courtesy of Captain John Brandi:

Once we heard that CBS was using helicopters, we knew Caribbean Buzz had to be involved. Here’s their super official statement (my guess is they signed something):
“We provided aerial support for filming of a CBS reality TV show. It included (Carval) rock, Hans Lollick, Magen’s Bay and downtown at Fort Christian.”
So cool!
Amazing Race Map
Laurie and Craig Crandall just happened to be passing through St. Thomas yesterday afternoon when they caught a glimpse of filming.
“We just came home from a week in Alaska and were coming to the waterfront. And there were all of these filming crews and teams,” Laurie said. “We asked what was happening and we were told it was The Amazing Race. The seaplane was at the waterfront, so I think it was whoever arrived first got on the plane … There were probably about six teams. I wish I was able to get out and talk to them because it looked really cool.”
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
Lornet Turnbull ‏@TurnbullL 25 min

After finishing first leg on prvt island near St. John, USVI, final #AmazingRace teams @ airport, preparing to leave. pic.twitter.com/7Bx86jRkcx

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
MAT! Thanks to a new friend! Taken 5/21at 436PM

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
LONDON again confirmed as next destination. Still unable to 100% confirm if that is FINAL destination or not.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
Mikaela Buote ‏@mikaelabuote 33 s

But on the bright side the ppl from next seasons Amazing Race are on our plane and they were filming so that's cool

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
More info about where they're flying:

Mikaela Buote ‏ @mikaelabuote

@strainosaleij AT, Georgia

Offline Joeyslimo

• RFF Not So Newbie
Traci Garcia ‏@babytrace_ 23s

Im literally watching all these Amazing Race teams run through the Atlanta airport!! 😱😱😱

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
Daniel Allen ‏@DanielAllen_ 3 min

They're filming an episode of The Amazing Race at the Nashville airport

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Daniel Allen ‏@DanielAllen_ 3 min

They're filming an episode of The Amazing Race at the Nashville airport

I see nothing to make this possible.
RFF's Golden Rule: