Author Topic: Amazing Race 25 LIVE Sightings! Tweets Go Here! **please read post 1**  (Read 199679 times)

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
Margaret Gabelmann ‏@megabelmann 2 min

Saw @PhilKeoghan taping in Oxford today. Such a nice guy. Never been more exciting to hear the 'you're not in KS anymore' joke #AmazingRace
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
CONFIRMED! Teams on their way to Oxford!

Neobie... this one is for you!! :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Sorry for interjecting here, but I went to Cambridge!
And Cambridge >>> Oxford! :)

And I'll be in Oxford this Saturday! :'(

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
http://webcam.oii.ox.ac.uk/camera3.cfm

Maybe we should check these webcams. No sign of TAR but we might see team running or something

Offline dpe

• RFF Full Member
Benjamin Beaver ‏@benjaminbeaver  · 2m 
@ksfischer In case you're bored at the present, the Amazing Race teams just left London and are currently on their way to Oxford.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
More Detour who/when/etc to follow but I need a break, lol. And HUGE KUDOES TO DAV!!  :thankyou: :gj:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
They're punting at the Magdalen Bridge Boathouse!
*underhanded methods*

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
More Detour who/when/etc to follow but I need a break, lol. And HUGE KUDOES TO DAV!!  :thankyou: :gj:
Yes, absolutely!
-- theschnauzers

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
Sarah Farrall ‏@_EraOfSarah 1 min

Just got on the Amazing Race on the London bridge lol
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Intel: Main Quadrangle, Christ Church College.

Perfect for a Pit Stop if you ask me!

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
Clara Gabelmann ‏@Gabe_Jayhawk 1 min

Went to Oxford to go punting (@bestbritinks claims she is an expert) saw the #AmazingRace was preparing to do it and we passed @megabelmann

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
Mike Carrier . ‏@likemike57 1 min

There were 2 amazing race teams on our flight from Atlanta to London

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
Tom Rimmer ‏@TomRimmerRows 37 s

@AmazingRace_CBS spotted in Oxford punting on the cherwell and heading for tom quad in christchurch

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Melissa Wang ‏@melonaaade  1m
Failed to spot any Amazing Race teams today in London, but I got to see the detour setup at Victoria Tower Gardens pic.twitter.com/MIX8C66ceO

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
tatiannampsilva And then u go punting when one of the episodes of #theamazingrace is being recorded on the River Cherwell.. and u collide with one of the boats participating in the competition and the girl almost falls on the water... Starting the week on track! 15h
Read more at http://web.stagram.com/tag/theamazingrace#ArPBWP2uzRt7kj1u.99

Offline clemsonbeav

• RFF Full Member
News from the VI about the leg there.

http://virginislandsdailynews.com/news/amazing-race-kicks-off-new-season-on-st-thomas-1.1696878
 'Amazing Race' kicks off new season on St. ThomasBy JENNY KANE (Daily News Staff)               
Published: June 3, 2014                         

ST. THOMAS - Those were not just the normal disoriented tourists running around St. Thomas on Saturday.
The Virgin Islands was the first stop for this year's season of the "Amazing Race."
Competitors from the 25th season of the CBS show were spotted in pairs on St. Thomas on Saturday seeking help from local St. Thomians in finding the clues. Each clue leads them to the next leg of the race.
The race kicked off in New York City's Times Square early Saturday morning, according to the show's site, and St. Thomas was the first destination.
The show will not air until this fall, according to the Amazing Race website.
Competitors visited, in order, Carval Rock - across from St. John, Hans Lollick, Magens Bay and then ended at Fort Christian.
Many people spotted the participants on the waterfront, across from Vendor's Plaza, waiting for a sea plane to take them to locations around the territory.

"All of the helicopters were flying overhead, and the seaplanes were going and there were cameras everywhere," said David Lean, who has a booth selling silver goods in the plaza. "All of these racers came running towards my booth, asking where the sea planes were, and then other group came running. I asked, 'Are you guys from the Amazing Race or something?'"
Lean said he has never regularly watched the show, though he may watch this season. This year, the show will be airing on a new day and time, 8 to 9 p.m. Eastern Standard Time on Fridays.
"I'll watch it and see if I'm on it. Why not?" Lean said.
The cast was seen at various times during the day, Lean said, as they were on the waterfront initially in the morning and then they returned later in the day to complete their time on St. Thomas at the fort, where they were met by a group of women dressed in Carnival-wear.
Most of the companies that assisted the production, including the boat charters and the Caribbean Buzz Helicopters, could not comment on their experience with the show's cast and crew, nor could the V.I. Tourism Department. 
"I can only tell you that there was a production," said Luana Wheatley, Tourism Department assistant director of communications. Wheatley said that she could not confirm that the production was the Amazing Race since she had signed a non-disclosure contract.

Read more here:
- Contact Jenny Kane at 714-9102 or email jkane@dailynews.vi.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 06:34:05 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline Candi Lee2

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
University of Oxford Botanic .. thanks to Debra (yesterday)

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Leg 1 TASK on Hans Lollick:

challenge which involved using a compass to find a treasure chest with a clue
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Candi Lee2

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
clueless in Oxford (yesterday )   ..

« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 11:12:15 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline Candi Lee2

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
cont ......Clock!!

the end  , photos thanks to a friend 
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 11:15:19 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Candi Lee's find :yess:

On the flight ATL>Heathrow

https://www.facebook.com/magic1021/posts/697603446954487
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline scott14

• RFF Not So Newbie
Leg 3 has begun and the teams are off to ..... Aberdeen, Scotland via train

Once in Aberdeen they will then catch a ferry to the Shetland Islands.

Leg began at about midnight and teams left Oxford all together at 6:36am. (UK time)

Will upload the full story and photos later.  :)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
 :luvya: :hearts: :luvya: :hearts:

Great Job!! :tu
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline clemsonbeav

• RFF Full Member
Here are some Aberdeen webcams...probably won't give us anything, but we may spot a team or two.  The one I'm linking to probably may be the best one, but there are three others:

http://www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/xwc_Webcam.asp?cam=castlegate

Teams should be arriving right now.