Author Topic: TAR 25 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 322003 times)

Offline TARloveit

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The true winners of TAR26. Horribly robbed :(
Re: TAR 25 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #1375 on: November 09, 2014, 05:50:21 AM »
I think that no one will U-Turn Adam & Bethany, despite them being a threat. No one wants to U-Turn the one-armed girl who inspires thousands, if not millions, of people with her story.

But if ever they were U-Turned, at least they won't whine and whine and make an alliance against who U-Turned them!!!!!1

I think no one can't u-turn them because from the preview we saw Bethany holding the fast forward clue.  They probably will win leg 9 and also leg 8 'coz they still have the express pass. I really wanted Kym and Alli win one more leg before they eliminated in Singapore  :'(
Fun fact: If Kym & Alli somehow win the Malta leg before getting eliminated in Singapore, they will have the highest all-female team average (in the US version), barely beating Dustin & Kandice (S11) for that privilege.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #1376 on: November 10, 2014, 10:42:03 AM »
 :(

Offline dirkdaryl

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1377 on: November 13, 2014, 03:11:58 AM »
The location of this photo was on Pedro Gil Street corner Pilar Hidalgo Lim Street.

Offline aryantsoeseno

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1378 on: November 14, 2014, 09:36:13 PM »
TAR S25 Ep09 - the TITLE

let's the season continue while next season happening  :conf:  :conf:  :conf:

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1379 on: November 14, 2014, 09:43:04 PM »
Could be Jim talking during the Cupping Message Detour?
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1380 on: November 14, 2014, 11:02:34 PM »
Could be Jim talking during the Cupping Message Detour?

:funny: :funny: :funny: :funny:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #1381 on: November 18, 2014, 10:48:28 AM »
Nvm
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 06:02:35 PM by Kamineko »
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1382 on: November 18, 2014, 01:12:54 PM »
EPISODE 10 TITLE
Smells like dirty tube socks

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #1383 on: November 21, 2014, 09:49:37 PM »
Trust me, the flow rider Detour will be Kym and Allie's down fall. It is totally not convenient to drive to that area, and unless the cupping/massage is at near the Resorts World Sentosa area and not in downtown Chinatown or what, then it's a terrible U-TURN positioning again because it takes nearly half an hour to travel to these places in the traffic. So the U-TURN has the potential to slow the teams down by at least 1 hour??? -.-

And it's not easy to complete the flow rider quickly cause you still need to hear the briefing plus try a few times on your own before you get the hang of it.

And... A U-TURN and FF again? God bless Singapore for being the only country to host the FF and UTURN twice lol

Offline serendipity

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1384 on: November 22, 2014, 04:59:24 AM »
Trust me, the flow rider Detour will be Kym and Allie's down fall. It is totally not convenient to drive to that area, and unless the cupping/massage is at near the Resorts World Sentosa area and not in downtown Chinatown or what, then it's a terrible U-TURN positioning again because it takes nearly half an hour to travel to these places in the traffic. So the U-TURN has the potential to slow the teams down by at least 1 hour??? -.-

And it's not easy to complete the flow rider quickly cause you still need to hear the briefing plus try a few times on your own before you get the hang of it.

And... A U-TURN and FF again? God bless Singapore for being the only country to host the FF and UTURN twice lol

To be honest, I feel disgusting that they are going to make an alliance to get rid of Kym/Alli, come on what's the problem of not like to hang around with each other at race time? It's really a stupid excuse for u-turning someone.

I really hate this FF and double u-turn thing in one leg, especially if no self-driving is involved. With 5 teams left, that means only 4 teams have to do all tasks and placing double u-turn is like fatal for the team being u-turned. I'm smelling TAR21 Abbie/Ryan all over again. If that's the case I hope Kym/Alli get another chance in future All-Stars.

Offline AugustCM

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #1385 on: November 22, 2014, 07:50:24 AM »
Would the final leg involve birds? so many birds this season  :colors

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1386 on: November 22, 2014, 05:09:24 PM »

To be honest, I feel disgusting that they are going to make an alliance to get rid of Kym/Alli, come on what's the problem of not like to hang around with each other at race time? It's really a stupid excuse for u-turning someone.

I really hate this FF and double u-turn thing in one leg, especially if no self-driving is involved. With 5 teams left, that means only 4 teams have to do all tasks and placing double u-turn is like fatal for the team being u-turned. I'm smelling TAR21 Abbie/Ryan all over again. If that's the case I hope Kym/Alli get another chance in future All-Stars.

Don't forget TAR16 Carol & Brandy elimination leg was involved FF and U-Turn too. And yet their elimination leg was held in the same place SINGAPORE.  :groan:
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1387 on: November 22, 2014, 05:18:13 PM »
I am lost, what is the flow rider? ???

And I HATE having a FF and a Uturn in ONE leg...what is the point? The way they did the last UTurn sucked too, Whitney and Keith had ZERO chance of catching up.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1388 on: November 22, 2014, 05:46:55 PM »
Flow Rider (From caps to the 2nd half of the race):

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1389 on: November 22, 2014, 06:30:37 PM »
Oh I didn't know it had a name, lol.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1390 on: November 23, 2014, 01:56:17 AM »
This will be the first time they fly into Singapore since in Tar 3 they caught a train from Kuala Lumpur and in Tar 16 they caught a bus and a train from Penang

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #1391 on: November 23, 2014, 05:17:48 AM »
Yes, the first time they fly into Singapore. :funny:

And of course I hate an FF and a U-TURN on the same leg. Of so many other legs without game specials at all, can't they just split it?

AND, I don't get the FFs anymore. If you're only going to have one per season, give every team a chance to do it immediately after a HoO, or let it be luck based and if a team decides not to try it, they can move on to other tasks but if yes, then they suffer the consequences.

I don't even like the FF anymore. It's just now lame and pointless.

Offline serendipity

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1392 on: November 23, 2014, 05:29:18 AM »

And of course I hate an FF and a U-TURN on the same leg. Of so many other legs without game specials at all, can't they just split it?

AND, I don't get the FFs anymore. If you're only going to have one per season, give every team a chance to do it immediately after a HoO, or let it be luck based and if a team decides not to try it, they can move on to other tasks but if yes, then they suffer the consequences.

Exactly, I also don't like FF now if there is just 1 or 2 in the entire season, unless they put some really difficult if not impossible task like this week the Flag detour in Malta, otherwise this is not going to be race suicide! lol

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1393 on: November 27, 2014, 06:22:56 AM »

Exactly, I also don't like FF now if there is just 1 or 2 in the entire season, unless they put some really difficult if not impossible task like this week the Flag detour in Malta, otherwise this is not going to be race suicide! lol

Actually, now that you've mentioned it... the Flag detour in Malta would have made for a great Fast Forward! :ascared Very difficult and much more balanced (since the FF in Singapore is a surfing task. I mean come on production! No one can NOT see through that. (:;))

They cut down the number of Fast Forwards due to budget constraints, but I really wish they would increase it to maybe 4 to 6, so the 'come-back mechanic' that it was in the earliest seasons would reappear without being too much of a hassle for production. If they could have multiple Speed Bumps, they could have multiple Fast Forwards (and also try something else for the non-elimination penalty).
I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #1394 on: November 27, 2014, 10:59:21 AM »

Actually, now that you've mentioned it... the Flag detour in Malta would have made for a great Fast Forward! :ascared Very difficult and much more balanced (since the FF in Singapore is a surfing task. I mean come on production! No one can NOT see through that. (:;))

They cut down the number of Fast Forwards due to budget constraints, but I really wish they would increase it to maybe 4 to 6, so the 'come-back mechanic' that it was in the earliest seasons would reappear without being too much of a hassle for production. If they could have multiple Speed Bumps, they could have multiple Fast Forwards (and also try something else for the non-elimination penalty).

It's possible that the FF was planned to be a surfing task before Adam & Bethany were cast!  But yeah, in retrospect it's pretty unfair for Kym & Alli.

And I'd like 4 Fast-Forwards as well.

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1395 on: November 27, 2014, 11:34:05 AM »
On the Philippines leg it says they will eat Salinas I looked on the internet but couldn't find them can anyone help  :)

Offline scruffs

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1396 on: December 02, 2014, 07:08:17 PM »
Well Salinas is the Spanish term for salt mines. I doubt they will eat a mountain of salt for that matter. There's a Salinas Food Corp, but they just produce salt products. Also Salinas is the former name of Rosario, Cavite.

But according to this site: http://philfoodie.blogspot.com/2011/05/philippine-fish.html

The town of Rosario, Cavite previously called Salinas (derived from sal Spanish for salt) is known for its "tinapa" and "tuyo", so smoked or dried fish are sometimes referred to as salinas.

Here's a picture.

Hope this helps.  :)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 07:25:17 PM by scruffs »
Chance favors prepared minds.

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1397 on: December 03, 2014, 02:32:24 AM »
Well Salinas is the Spanish term for salt mines. I doubt they will eat a mountain of salt for that matter. There's a Salinas Food Corp, but they just produce salt products. Also Salinas is the former name of Rosario, Cavite.

But according to this site: http://philfoodie.blogspot.com/2011/05/philippine-fish.html

The town of Rosario, Cavite previously called Salinas (derived from sal Spanish for salt) is known for its "tinapa" and "tuyo", so smoked or dried fish are sometimes referred to as salinas.

Here's a picture.

Hope this helps.  :)

Thank You  :)

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1398 on: December 07, 2014, 04:13:15 PM »
Remember phil's prediction before the season started
He though michael and scott would win but he was so wrong. :funny:
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #1399 on: December 12, 2014, 07:03:35 PM »
Point Vicente Lighthouse

I may be mistaken, but it seems like Misti & Jim aren't really running hard, indicating that they fell so far behind that they know that they're out.  I also think Amy & Maya are running the hardest of the three teams, but again, I may be mistaken.