Author Topic: TAR 25 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 321971 times)

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 25 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #1200 on: June 22, 2014, 08:06:34 PM »
Amaya <333333333  :hrt:  :luvya:  :hearts:
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline Tar25fan

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1201 on: June 22, 2014, 08:12:55 PM »
Im hot for information on the final leg.  :wohoo:

Offline TerraformingYou

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1202 on: June 22, 2014, 08:52:18 PM »
Just did a quick calculation of the route length and it's about 25,500miles

Do they calculate the airport stopovers/connections as well? I calculated it along with stopovers like the airport in Atlanta, adding it up to roughly 28,500 miles.. Maybe I'm incorrect though, because the total miles mentioned by TAR always seems to be longer than when one really calculates it..  ???

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #1203 on: June 22, 2014, 09:09:32 PM »

Do they calculate the airport stopovers/connections as well? I calculated it along with stopovers like the airport in Atlanta, adding it up to roughly 28,500 miles.. Maybe I'm incorrect though, because the total miles mentioned by TAR always seems to be longer than when one really calculates it..  ???

They may include airport stopovers and connections but I don't know if they do or not.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1204 on: June 22, 2014, 09:16:55 PM »
I think Jim/Mitsi and Adam/Bethany can be confirmed as F3  But it does look like Maya and Robbie are both in that photo too im puzzled  ???
The guy who looks like Robbie is a cameraman

How do you know? You remember all cameramen?  ???

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #1205 on: June 22, 2014, 09:31:33 PM »
Both distances are valid, IMHO, especially if the flight connections were producer-induced by the options teams had or were directed to take, i.e., all teams end up on same flight.
-- theschnauzers

Offline TerraformingYou

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1206 on: June 22, 2014, 10:59:50 PM »
I think the race just finished.. Brooke just tweeted she had the most amazing experience of her life..  ;)

Offline dirkdaryl

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1207 on: June 23, 2014, 09:37:56 AM »
Here's a sighting from another forum -- link

"... but I just witness the shooting of part of a challenge in the AMAZING RACE USA tv show. Challenge was to haul as many coconut husks and walis tingtings into the jeep and search around for a certain clue in binondo. I tried to take some pictures but was told off by the crew. Amazing "

I went to Binondo earlier today and I asked some of the vendors on the area and they said the same thing, the vendor said they were required to deliver the husks and walis tingting from Binondo to Divisoria, this happened around 10am to 11am.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 11:07:19 PM by diRkdARyL »

Offline dirkdaryl

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1208 on: June 23, 2014, 09:38:40 AM »

janegenevieve Amazing Race Season 26 happening right now here in Binondo!!! Hahahaha good luck guys! #roadblock #amazingrace 12min

There is a jeepney loaded with coconut husks and walis tingtings at the back of the cluebox.

The cluebox was located on the corner of Sto. Cristo St. and San Nicolas St.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 10:00:02 AM by diRkdARyL »

Offline florida

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1209 on: June 23, 2014, 10:20:31 AM »

They may include airport stopovers and connections but I don't know if they do or not.

What about total miles run on each leg, on the ground?

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #1210 on: June 23, 2014, 10:33:25 AM »

janegenevieve Amazing Race Season 26 happening right now here in Binondo!!! Hahahaha good luck guys! #roadblock #amazingrace 12min

There is a jeepney loaded with coconut husks and walis tingtings at the back of the cluebox.

The cluebox was located on the corner of Sto. Cristo St. and San Nicolas St.

Found it, Dirk. The picture is matched as same in Panoramio:

« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 10:43:54 AM by claude_24hrs »

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #1211 on: June 23, 2014, 10:38:47 AM »

What about total miles run on each leg, on the ground?

There's no way to know that until we know all of the locations teams had to travel to during each leg, and method of transportation, and in a couple of instances, we still don't know where the pit stop was. I take the mileage total to be a rough estimate of leg to leg areas and nothinh more.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1212 on: June 23, 2014, 11:09:50 AM »
hi guys, i'm new here... huge follower of amazing race on RFF. just wanted to post some speculation about sicily leg here....
is it possible teams could have been going to MOUNT ETNA? (The volcano)... because by some weird random coincidence one of my fb friends had posted a pic of his visit to sicily- and he had been to m. etna and he had posted a tunnel pic en route to etna i think identical to that posted by phil few days ago... unfortunately, i CANNOT ask him (my friend, lol :D) for more info... as we are just fb friends, i don't know him that well, etc. etc ( i even took a screenshot of the pic 'cause i don't like to download other's photos without perm...) .... anyways, just thought i'd share this with you...p.s. really sorry that image is so small- but i had to resize and crop to fit the attachment size that is allowed...

Welcome to RFF, Tdil!

:wel2

I had a source that tipped me off about the Sicily leg in advance. I didn't mention this part at the time, because it seemed unlikely, but there were some mentions of the website of the Italian Volcano Observatory. I thought it was more likely that the source had an interest in volcanoes rather than it being where TAR 25 were going. However, I did think both Mount Etna and Stromboli were possible to reach from Sicily. Mount Etna more so, since Stromboli would require taking a boat. So, you may be right about Mount Etna. I hope they do go there. That would be great to see! As I recall, the volcano conditions were quiet back then.

Offline foreverhoping

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1213 on: June 23, 2014, 11:29:36 AM »
Remember, Phil has eaten dinner on top of Italy's Stromboli volcano. You never know, could have tied that in to the race somehow.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 04:12:03 PM by foreverhoping »

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1214 on: June 23, 2014, 11:30:05 AM »
Welcome to RFF, Tdil!

:wel2

I had a source that tipped me off about the Sicily leg in advance. I didn't mention this part at the time, because it seemed unlikely, but there were some mentions of the website of the Italian Volcano Observatory. I thought it was more likely that the source had an interest in volcanoes rather than it being where TAR 25 were going. However, I did think both Mount Etna and Stromboli were possible to reach from Sicily. Mount Etna more so, since Stromboli would require taking a boat. So, you may be right about Mount Etna. I hope they do go there. That would be great to see! As I recall, the volcano conditions were quiet back then.
I can't find the video of Phil eating dinner on Stromboli, but I recall that Stromboli is on his "Life List".
http://www.noopportunitywasted.com/Phils-life-list

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ashleyperez/phil-keoghans-23-destinations-you-have-to-see-before-you-die
1. Stromboli in the Aeolian Islands
“Rising 3,000 feet out of the Aeolian Sea, Stromboli is one of the most active volcanoes in the world. A few years ago, I took a chef to the top of the volcano for a five-star dinner that he cooked using the heat of the volcano.”

Fun roadblock - Teams make dinner for Phil on top of an erupting volcano using only the heat of the volcano...?
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1215 on: June 23, 2014, 01:07:53 PM »
I don't think Adam & Bethany won because in the picture of the final pic at the Finish Line, they are in the back, and the winning team usually stands next to Phil.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 01:13:24 PM by Bookworm »
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #1216 on: June 23, 2014, 02:23:01 PM »
Here's a sighting from another forum -- link

"... but I just witness the shooting of part of a challenge in the AMAZING RACE USA tv show. Challenge was to haul as many coconut husks and walis tingtings into the jeep and search around for a certain clue in binondo. I tried to take some pictures but was told off by the crew. Amazing "

I went to Binondo earlier today and I asked some of the vendors on the area and they said the same thing, the vendor said they were required to deliver the husks and walis tingting on Divisoria, this happened around 10am to 11am.
Ooo! Solid task.  I wonder how they had to deliver them.  On foot or on a tricycle.
If a tricycle, coupled with the tricycle task at Malate and then assembling the tricycle in Leg 10, the Filipino pedicab looks to be the star of the Philippine Legs this time! Hehe.

Offline Tar25fan

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1217 on: June 23, 2014, 03:44:41 PM »
I don't think Adam & Bethany won because in the picture of the final pic at the Finish Line, they are in the back, and the winning team usually stands next to Phil.

I think I see Bethany and Maya hugging, maybe one of they won? Obviously this doesn't really tell whether it is true or not

Offline Tar25fan

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1218 on: June 23, 2014, 05:39:49 PM »
I think the route length is around 26,000 miles, not including connection flights, which I don't think they count since teams can possibly take different ones

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1219 on: June 23, 2014, 06:35:29 PM »

I think I see Bethany and Maya hugging, maybe one of they won? Obviously this doesn't really tell whether it is true or not

Where is picture of Finish Line?

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1220 on: June 23, 2014, 06:37:03 PM »

Where is picture of Finish Line?

Oh, I see it in TAR Live Sightings Thread.

Offline Tar25fan

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1221 on: June 23, 2014, 06:40:47 PM »
Live sightings thread, post by Chateau d If

Offline saacman

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1222 on: June 23, 2014, 10:07:59 PM »
I think the route length is around 26,000 miles, not including connection flights, which I don't think they count since teams can possibly take different ones

I believe they must have counted connecting flights, trains, etc to come up with some of the huge mileage totals of the early seasons (ie 70,000+ in TAR5).  Do we think something would have changed since then in their "accounting"?

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #1223 on: June 23, 2014, 11:14:52 PM »

I believe they must have counted connecting flights, trains, etc to come up with some of the huge mileage totals of the early seasons (ie 70,000+ in TAR5).  Do we think something would have changed since then in their "accounting"?

"We" figured out that in some of those early seasons, the distance were more accurately understood if figured as kilometers, and not miles.

And as to the photo Chateau posted in the live sightings thread from the finish mat, that tree hides the center of the mat, and it's not the final portrait shot they normally end the season with, so I don't think we can say from that photo who won.
-- theschnauzers

Offline saacman

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1224 on: June 24, 2014, 02:00:08 PM »
"We" figured out that in some of those early seasons, the distance were more accurately understood if figured as kilometers, and not miles.

I wonder if they have done quotes in km instead of miles.  The only season I ever bothered adding up was Season 5, and I was able to arrive at a number pretty close to their 72,000+ by including ALL distinct connections for all teams combined.  For example, when teams flew from CCU - AKL, all teams took the first flight to BKK but diverted after that, so I counted BKK-SIN-AKL and BKK-SYD-AKL separately.  If teams took the same route, even if at different times, the routing only counted once.  That was the only way I was able to approximate the quoted total distance.