Author Topic: TAR 25 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 322069 times)

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 25 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #1175 on: June 22, 2014, 03:05:45 AM »
I don't think that's possible. There were only 4 teams that were seen here in the Philippines, so its safe to assume that it was Leg 10-11.
I think it's possible if they're going to do the TAR 7 way, where 4 teams racing in leg 9-10 and final 3 in leg 11-12. :P
But, the chance is really small.. Even I doubt it'll happen. :P
The possibility of 4 teams in leg 9 is greatly enhanced because of the SAVE pass issued at the beginning of the race. The SAVE may have meant that the producers scheduled one less NEL to make up for the unscheduled NEL/SAVE.  If this is the case, and one of the top 3 has the SAVE, they may not have ever needed to use it... and wamo - 4 teams in leg 9.

Kym & Alli were at Singapore in leg 9 or 8?
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1176 on: June 22, 2014, 03:09:07 AM »
Leg 5:  Copenhagen, Denmark  → Marrakesh, Morocco  FILM DATES:  June 9-10
Leg 6:  Marrakesh, Morocco  → Unknown, Morocco  FILM DATES:  June 11-12
Leg 7:  Unknown, Morocco  → Sicily, Italy → Valletta, Malta FILM DATES:  June 14-15

I think this is point where there becomes less time than what there really was. The first Morocco leg would have begun on the 8th (after a finish in Sweden/Denmark on 7th) and teams were racing in Marrakech on the 9th -- see here for the sightings. Even if our second Morocco leg took 2 days, it would have finished on the 11th.

Teams were already in Valletta by the night of the 14th, so there's ample time to travel to Sicily (12th), run a leg (13th) and get to Malta on the 14th. And that's all under the assumption that Morocco II took two days to film -- it easily could have been done by the 10th if they stayed somewhere close to Marrakech.

As for everyone else in here, can we keep this thread open for discussing and speculating on spoilers and not what Sims game you want to play on your computer. Thanks :waves:

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #1177 on: June 22, 2014, 05:42:43 AM »
This tweet is a bit confusing. It refers to seeing TARA Asia filming at the Manila Bay Boardwalk. Since TAR Asia isn't filming now as far as I know, I figure it must be TAR 25. I don't know if Manila Bay Boardwalk corresponds to any of the sites we already know about.

Amo @highNako  ·  6h
Saw the Amazing Race Asia taping yesterday at d Manila Bay boardwalk. Ang gwapo ng host #KimChiuOnPINASmileDay || Xian Lim Rocks Toronto
7:59 PM Pacific Daylight Time - 21 Jun 2014

Google translates Ang gwapo ng host as "The host is handsome". Any of you that know the language, feel free to correct that.
Yes that's right. She spazzing about how handsome Phil is. hehe

And yes, that corresponds to the location of the pedicab task.  Malate Church and Rizal Park are on Roxas Blvd which is right by Manila Bay.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #1178 on: June 22, 2014, 08:16:00 AM »
While we may not have had direct sightings of teams in the period between the operating assumption of a second Morocco leg and Malta, we do have the photos Phil sent out, and the inference that (1) that second leg was away from Marrakesh based on Phil's photo(s) and (2)the photo Phil tweeted a couple of days later which corresponded with a specific location on a highway in Sicily....which fit in with getting the teams to Malta (by ferry, IIRC) by the time and place when teams were seen in Malta. While there is still uncertain about the structure of the legs in the Copenhagen--Malmo area before Morocco, I've seen nothing to support an inference of treating Morocco, Sicily and Malta as one leg, especially because of the time span of those live sightings/tweets/instagram photos. And the behavior of teams in Singapore and the Philippines, along with the fact that Bertram came back to the US before teams were in the Philippines also point to Manila being leg 11 and that teams are now headed back to the US for leg 12 and the end city, Now more raw data might be located in live blogs, and social media, in the coming days to fill in these gaps in our knowledge and may change that working hypothesis, but I infer that based on our knowledge of production behavior in the last 8-10 seasons or so, I think we're reasonably close.
And actually, we have more information about the TAR 25 route from the filming period, than we did TAR 24's route at the end of that filming period!
-- theschnauzers

Offline runningblind

• RFF Full Member
  • Hope sir Terry had a pleasant talk with DEATH.
« Reply #1179 on: June 22, 2014, 09:00:21 AM »
Phil just posted a photo. Not with much use for use this thime...

http://instagram.com/p/pjAjxKx1wy/

Offline inghinyero

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #1180 on: June 22, 2014, 01:10:11 PM »
Kim Selorio ‏@kimSELORIO  4h
Enjoying @CATCH2T17's first general assembly. Amazing race now happening at Razon. :))

I don't know if this is related, but CATCH2T17 is a student assembly at the University of Sto. Tomas. Pit Stop?

Just to add value to this sighting. Razon's is a famous Pampangueno restaurant in the Philippines - its famous offerings are halu-halo and pancit luglug.
It's right across the University of Sto. Tomas so the sighting of the crying black woman might be during this task. :) So, it's highly probable that it would be a food eating task at UST/Razon's area.

Offline inghinyero

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #1181 on: June 22, 2014, 02:32:22 PM »
June 19, 2014, 5:50 PM   Singapore   
June 19, 2014, 9:30 PM   Manila Arrival Time   
June 19, 2014, 10:30 PM   Baclaran Church   Church may be closed until 6 AM.
June 20, 2014, 6:00 AM   Baclaran Church   Teams are permitted to enter the church and get their clue.
June 20, 2014, 8:30 AM   Rosario    
June 20, 2014, 2:00 PM   UST   
June 21, 2014, 12:00 AM   Intramuros sighting of Adam/Bethany (Pitstop)   
June 21, 2014, 10:19 AM   Pedicab task/Binondo   
June 21, 2014, 7:30 PM   Phil Keoghan flight   
June 22, 2014, 5:10 AM   Flight to LA   

Checking out the timeline, there seems to be a big piece of the puzzle, left missing! I still think there's a task in between the Binondo sighting and the teams going to NAIA. Pedicab task/Binondo may very well be a detour! There may be a very private place where they held another task from 1 PM onwards after Binondo since the teams were sighted in NAIA (flight to LA) at around 5:10 AM. I think it would be too long for them to wait from 1 PM of June 21 to 5 AM of June 22.

Offline Tdil

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #1182 on: June 22, 2014, 02:47:39 PM »
hi guys, i'm new here... huge follower of amazing race on RFF. just wanted to post some speculation about sicily leg here....
is it possible teams could have been going to MOUNT ETNA? (The volcano)... because by some weird random coincidence one of my fb friends had posted a pic of his visit to sicily- and he had been to m. etna and he had posted a tunnel pic en route to etna i think identical to that posted by phil few days ago... unfortunately, i CANNOT ask him (my friend, lol :D) for more info... as we are just fb friends, i don't know him that well, etc. etc ( i even took a screenshot of the pic 'cause i don't like to download other's photos without perm...) .... anyways, just thought i'd share this with you...p.s. really sorry that image is so small- but i had to resize and crop to fit the attachment size that is allowed...

Offline Tar25fan

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1183 on: June 22, 2014, 02:56:10 PM »
Adam & Bethany, Amy & Maya and Misti & Jim were seen together at a airport going to LA
F3 confirmed? Or one of them are decoys? :funny:

Offline Joberio

• RFF Sr. Member
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO AMY & MAYA, WINNERS OF TAR25!
« Reply #1184 on: June 22, 2014, 02:59:34 PM »
Adam & Bethany, Amy & Maya and Misti & Jim were seen together at a airport going to LA
Well, I'd say so about this being confirmed!  If they're the ones, then Brooke & Robbie were the victims of the final elimination!

GO, AMY & MAYA! :yess: . . . Though I'm guessing it'll come down to Adam & Bethany and Misti & Jim. :(
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 03:04:32 PM by Jobe »

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1185 on: June 22, 2014, 03:01:39 PM »

yeah, i don't see Brooke & Robbie there. Hopefully Amy & Maya are in the final 3  :hoot:

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1186 on: June 22, 2014, 03:16:53 PM »
Not sure but I think I see Robbie with his bandana, right up of Maya.

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #1187 on: June 22, 2014, 04:26:37 PM »
New photo from Phil:

http://instagram.com/p/pj6m7bx19f/

Marocco? Sicly? Malta?

Valletta Cathedral.

Could it be taken from the Pitstop?

I would say it is taken from some part of Fort Manoel, in Manoel Island. That would make for a great pitstop. It is a place with a lot of history, and standing in an island between several important cities (close to Valletta, Sliema and some others). The Cathedral would be seen across the sea (which is unseen in that picture).
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 04:31:39 PM by David »

Offline batman06

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1188 on: June 22, 2014, 04:39:47 PM »
I think Jim/Mitsi and Adam/Bethany can be confirmed as F3  But it does look like Maya and Robbie are both in that photo too im puzzled  ???

Offline Tar25fan

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1189 on: June 22, 2014, 05:20:52 PM »
I dont think Thats him

Offline batman06

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1190 on: June 22, 2014, 05:23:20 PM »
Good! I dont want it to be him  :funny: Thats definitely Maya though that the same maroon jumpsuit she had on at the starting line. But where is her green back pack?  ???

Offline Joberio

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1191 on: June 22, 2014, 05:30:52 PM »
Good! I dont want it to be him  :funny: Thats definitely Maya though that the same maroon jumpsuit she had on at the starting line. But where is her green back pack?  ???
I think Maya's doing what Misti's doing and just carrying the bare essentials in her smaller bag, and leaving their bigger backpacks to return for later.

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1192 on: June 22, 2014, 06:35:01 PM »
Decoys usually gone earlier than real, actual teams which isn't eliminated..
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1193 on: June 22, 2014, 07:00:07 PM »
I think Jim/Mitsi and Adam/Bethany can be confirmed as F3  But it does look like Maya and Robbie are both in that photo too im puzzled  ???
The guy who looks like Robbie is a cameraman
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline Tar25fan

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1194 on: June 22, 2014, 07:04:47 PM »
Yes I had the same impression but I cannot post like that or I will be cursed

Online SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #1195 on: June 22, 2014, 07:28:07 PM »
Just did a quick calculation of the route length and it's about 25,500miles
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Joberio

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1196 on: June 22, 2014, 07:39:36 PM »
So a good route and good distance.  Sounds like we've got a great season in front of us! :)

Offline foreverhoping

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1197 on: June 22, 2014, 07:54:52 PM »
Quote from: batman06 on Today at 04:39:47 PM
The guy who looks like Robbie is a cameraman

Eliminated teams are in and run through the airport in final city at the same time as remaining teams arrive.  Confuses people...

Online SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #1198 on: June 22, 2014, 08:01:04 PM »
So a good route and good distance.  Sounds like we've got a great season in front of us! :)

4 continents and 9 countries which is pretty decent route for TAR :) Went in a easterly direction and doubled back from Sweden to Morrocco then continued eastward.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1199 on: June 22, 2014, 08:02:01 PM »
Yes I had the same impression but I cannot post like that or I will be cursed
What do you mean? The season's over, and the F3 consists of Misti & Jim, Adam & Bethany, and Amy & Maya ( :))
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax