Author Topic: TAR 25 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 322120 times)

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
Re: TAR 25 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #1100 on: June 20, 2014, 11:56:16 PM »

black08ice Happening now.. Amazing race US #sandiego #intramuros 10min

So the Pit Stop (which one, who knows) is at Baluarte de San Diego/The Bastion of San Diego inside Intramuros.
Here:

Offline rakionn11

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Fan of TAR and Phil Keoghan
« Reply #1101 on: June 20, 2014, 11:56:46 PM »
All four teams are in that Roadblock photo.

I see Misti, Maya, Bethany and Brooke.

Then this leg is the penultimate leg and they're staying in the city
"The world is waiting for you. Good luck. Travel safe. Go!" - Phil Keoghan
:conf

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #1102 on: June 21, 2014, 12:00:02 AM »

Hmmm... so if that pic of the Mat really is TODAY, that means Intramuros is the Pit Stop for THIS penultimate Leg. Interesting.

Offline rakionn11

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1103 on: June 21, 2014, 12:06:00 AM »

Hmmm... so if that pic of the Mat really is TODAY, that means Intramuros is the Pit Stop for THIS penultimate Leg. Interesting.

Wait, what? So, it means that the 11th pit stop is at Intramuros? Well, it's making sense since the picture seems to be taken at noon and we speculated yesterday that the pit stop in yesterday's leg is in late afternoon? Correct? :o

Then, they really stayed in Manila? (Really now? :tantrum)
I hope then that if they would come back next season, it should be a westward route with Philippines as their first location and going to the Philippines' rural areas.

Having this as the penultimate leg, it could mean that they should be out in the Philippines in 2 days. I mean, they could release them midnight tonight (that would be 6/22 12MN)* or midnight tomorrow (6/23 12MN)* from Intramuros.

*Philippine Time

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1104 on: June 21, 2014, 12:14:28 AM »
Please, Bitch, Moan, Squeal, go to another topic. Don't tell us your wishes for next season here. Very confusing to follow the speculation with all of that.

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1105 on: June 21, 2014, 12:15:49 AM »
I thought Intramuros was the pit stop from LAST leg? Could the picture just be Phil and the greeter filming the shots where they look at each other, Phil points out the team to the greeter, the greeter saying "Welcome to the Philippines!"...
I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #1106 on: June 21, 2014, 12:21:35 AM »

deadmau_md Earlier today, Amazing Race (dunno if Asia or the original) was at the street near the condo.
Hmmm... maybe that pedicab pushing thing was a task and that Auntie/Tita there is the clue giver for that task.

Offline rakionn11

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1107 on: June 21, 2014, 12:36:14 AM »
deadmau_md Earlier today, Amazing Race (dunno if Asia or the original) was at the street near the condo.
Hmmm... maybe that pedicab pushing thing was a task and that Auntie/Tita there is the clue giver for that task.
Was that a red and yellow line on the ground? So the task was pushing the pedicab to the line? Hahaha, too much of a task for that :funny: :funny:

Offline eragon

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1108 on: June 21, 2014, 12:37:13 AM »
I thought Intramuros was the pit stop from LAST leg? Could the picture just be Phil and the greeter filming the shots where they look at each other, Phil points out the team to the greeter, the greeter saying "Welcome to the Philippines!"...

Im currently at the pitstop right now in san diego. Filming i think is over and the ps location  is closed to public until 5pm today.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1109 on: June 21, 2014, 12:37:56 AM »
Was that a red and yellow line on the ground? So the task was pushing the pedicab to the line? Hahaha, too much of a task for that :funny: :funny:
From the blurry billboard at the background, I think it says Malate.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #1110 on: June 21, 2014, 12:42:24 AM »
So Intramuros is indeed today's Pit Stop.
@DPresArvinG is at Intramuros and the garden at San Diego is closed to the public until 5pm today.  But he says production is already packing up.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #1111 on: June 21, 2014, 12:45:18 AM »

@deadmau_md says "Corner of Pedro Gil and Vasquez St in Malate, Manila. I think they rode the pedicab going there."

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1112 on: June 21, 2014, 01:10:43 AM »
Is someone guarding the entrances to Intramuros in case teams come running in?
I'm gonna fight 'em all

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #1113 on: June 21, 2014, 01:20:10 AM »
It would've been nice to have someone standing out near there, but apparently, they were packing up already before anyone could hurry over to Intramuros.  @DPresArvinG was there, but the security guards didn't let him near the area where the Mat is and they were already packing.

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1114 on: June 21, 2014, 01:50:48 AM »
It would've been nice to have someone standing out near there, but apparently, they were packing up already before anyone could hurry over to Intramuros.  @DPresArvinG was there, but the security guards didn't let him near the area where the Mat is and they were already packing.

So the penultimate leg already finished filming by the time the guy saw production at Intramuros?
I'm gonna fight 'em all

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #1115 on: June 21, 2014, 01:53:42 AM »
So the penultimate leg already finished filming by the time the guy saw production at Intramuros?

Apparently, yeah. He was at Intramuros around 1:30pm.

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #1116 on: June 21, 2014, 01:59:34 AM »
So we have 4 continents (Europe, Asia, Africa, North America) and 9 countries (USA, UK, Denmark, Sweden, Morocco,Italy, Malta, Singapore and Philippines) A really good route in my opinion :) Quite a few under-used locations in Denmark, Morocco, Sweden and Philippines. two often used countries in Italy and UK, a somewhat regular country in Singapore and an entirely new location in Malta.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1117 on: June 21, 2014, 02:08:34 AM »
When is the estimated pit start? It looks like 10:30 from the Adam & Bethany sighting in Intramuros, but any better answers? I hope Amy & Maya makes it to the Final 3, or it would be season 5 all over again...
I'm gonna fight 'em all

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #1118 on: June 21, 2014, 03:09:50 AM »
Based on the name of the Pit Stop, I think the final city is in San Diego, CA. :lol:
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline Kamineko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #1119 on: June 21, 2014, 06:35:10 AM »
Based on the name of the Pit Stop, I think the final city is in San Diego, CA. :lol:
Also, because this season kinda has island theme, could it be that we'll see another kind of TAR19 clue that had the shape of the island printed that would lead to the memory challenge? So it would be like pairing the country/city they are going to in whole race with the silhouette of the island the country/city is located in.
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1120 on: June 21, 2014, 07:27:39 AM »
Xenocentric ‏@Cosme_Gabriel1  7m
@calapang14 holy ****! saw a man and an armless woman (blue) in intramuros area! IDK where they are going tho

Looks like Intramuros was last leg's pit stop, then they're going to Luneta Park. The same person, just told me that yesterday, he saw the black woman with a backpack and a camera crew.

I also just got and answer from @Xenocentric, the black girl was apparently crying
NOOOO AMY & MAYA!!!

It was Leg 10 so maybe they were NELed and potentially survived today :P

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1121 on: June 21, 2014, 07:28:25 AM »
Xenocentric ‏@Cosme_Gabriel1  7m
@calapang14 holy ****! saw a man and an armless woman (blue) in intramuros area! IDK where they are going tho

Looks like Intramuros was last leg's pit stop, then they're going to Luneta Park. The same person, just told me that yesterday, he saw the black woman with a backpack and a camera crew.

I also just got and answer from @Xenocentric, the black girl was apparently crying
NOOOO AMY & MAYA!!!

It was Leg 10 so maybe they were NELed and potentially survived today :P
GO FOOD SCIENTISTS GO
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1122 on: June 21, 2014, 09:39:41 AM »
response to a tweet to me...at 0741 AM my time Phil reported in Divisoria 'right now"

That would be 7:41 PM in the Philippines. What the heck would they be doing? I think Phil's just loitering around...
I'm gonna fight 'em all

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1123 on: June 21, 2014, 10:13:34 AM »
response to a tweet to me...at 0741 AM my time Phil reported in Divisoria 'right now"

That would be 7:41 PM in the Philippines. What the heck would they be doing? I think Phil's just loitering around...
Loitering before a flight to the Final Destination, perhaps? Phil & others take a night flight and the teams fly out tomorrow morning?
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #1124 on: June 21, 2014, 11:57:42 AM »
Thanks to @rollyoaks for this info from lucky fan Bon.

So this lucky fan was taking part in a Go Skateboarding Day parade in Pasay when he spotted a clue box and eventually Phil himself at Rajah Sulayman Park/Malate Church.

He managed to see Brooke & Robbie doing the task which involved them pushing a sidecar/tricycle across the street (Roxas Blvd?) toward Manila Bay. They then loaded it with TONS of stuff, boxes, bananas, etc.  They tied all of it up, likely to secure it, the owner of the sidecar spun it around and nothing fell off.  So he assumes the task was to secure all of the stuff onto the sidecar without any of it falling off.

That fits with the earlier sighting seeing a team pushing the pedicab near Rizal Park/Luneta.

But damn, that's a long way (Luneta to Malate Church) to be pushing a tricycle. And down Roxas Blvd too!? lol Should be an interesting and fun task.