Author Topic: TAR 25 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 322114 times)

Offline wishicouldrun

• RFF Jr. Member
Re: TAR 25 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #1050 on: June 20, 2014, 05:42:49 PM »
Well, this is one thing we can all agree on- we will know for sure where the final leg will be in the few days! :hrt:

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #1051 on: June 20, 2014, 05:45:06 PM »
Well, this is one thing we can all agree on- we will know for sure where the final leg will be in the few days! :hrt:

Days.......probably in a few hours.......

I do not think Hawaii is the end........my bet is NYC to mirror the start on the 25th anniversary.
Matthew 7:15

Offline Tar25fan

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1052 on: June 20, 2014, 05:48:08 PM »
I think it will be... LA  :funny: :'( :groan:

Offline saacman

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1053 on: June 20, 2014, 06:11:14 PM »
In TAR14 Jamie Edmonson (an ex police officer) used the taxi driver cell phone to call her "buddies in blue" at the Maui police dept

Not unusual to call up local law enforcement.  Of course Jaime was from Florida, not Maui so I am still unaware of any instance where teams have contacted anyone they had a prior relationship with (excluding race approved "notes from home" type contact).  I'm guessing wikipedia is pretty accurate on this rule.

Again I'm not claiming to be any sort of expert, but doing things as the locals do and using the language easily might be the only advantage.  Before anyone says I'm jumping to conclusions that they know the Hawaiian language, I think it's a safe bet that anyone who has lived there for a while at least knows "aloha" and "mahalo" and can use them without it seeming forced or phony.

Absolutely, speaking pidgin to locals is a sure way to break the ice with "locals".  My point for DrRox about taxi drivers not likely to be true kama'aina is that you're much more likely to run into an immigrant taxi driver here than someone who would appreciate a local speaking pidgin.

I do not think Hawaii is the end.......

Agree with you there, but still hoping I'm wrong as I'd love the chance to try to follow them around here for a little bit.

Offline Candi Lee2

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1054 on: June 20, 2014, 06:12:10 PM »

I do not think Hawaii is the end........my bet is NYC to mirror the start on the 25th anniversary.
Same here I'm thinking  something shiny for the "silver" anniversary

Offline wishicouldrun

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1055 on: June 20, 2014, 06:25:01 PM »
Since leg 1's first RI was the finish line site from TAR1, maybe the finish line will TAR1's starting line!
Let me know- I will be happy to chase around NYC! Weather is supposed to be beautiful. :conf: :conf: :conf:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1056 on: June 20, 2014, 07:12:12 PM »
If they have to or get a chance to use a cellphone to call a friend for info......it is a tremendous advantage.

SPECIFICALLY forbidden....
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1057 on: June 20, 2014, 07:13:23 PM »

Same here I'm thinking  something shiny for the "silver" anniversary

Used at the start line...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1058 on: June 20, 2014, 07:16:33 PM »
2nd leg in Philippines would position us nicely for a direct flight home and a West Coast finish...  just saying.  :tup:

ALthough there would have been some lovely symmetry with a NYC finish. 
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Tar25fan

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1059 on: June 20, 2014, 07:19:26 PM »
Is that San Diego speculation true?

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #1060 on: June 20, 2014, 07:37:39 PM »
2nd leg in Philippines would position us nicely for a direct flight home and a West Coast finish...  just saying.  :tup:

ALthough there would have been some lovely symmetry with a NYC finish.

How about, as a nod to still the most thrilling TAR finish ever, San Francisco. ;)

Offline Tar25fan

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1061 on: June 20, 2014, 07:40:26 PM »
If they go to SF (hopefully instead of LA), finish line: Alcatraz Island!!!

Offline sox15

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1062 on: June 20, 2014, 08:28:59 PM »
Possible flights from Manila to:

Seattle
San Francisco
Los Angeles

I plan on being in SF this weekend, specifically Sunday.  Here's hoping.   :yess:

MrDeerShank

« Reply #1063 on: June 20, 2014, 08:31:11 PM »
Come on Seattle - we need another Gas Works finish line <3

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1064 on: June 20, 2014, 08:32:08 PM »

As grand as Alcatraz is, I don't think it would work. It would be like last season, the winner would be dictated by whoever gets the first boat. If you place the final memory taskon the island, it wouldn't work either as there would be a very short run to the finish line. :(
I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #1065 on: June 20, 2014, 08:43:07 PM »

As grand as Alcatraz is, I don't think it would work. It would be like last season, the winner would be dictated by whoever gets the first boat. If you place the final memory taskon the island, it wouldn't work either as there would be a very short run to the finish line. :(
Treasure Island and Yerba Buena Island is also another possibility. They'd be able to run around the islands.

As for flights out of Manila, the only direct flights I believe are to Honolulu, SF, and LA on Philippine Airlines.  Honolulu is only Tuesday, Thursday and Saturdays, but it arrives in the morning.  SF's flight arrives in the evening.  And there are two daily flights to LAX, one arriving in the morning and the other in the evening.

Of course, they could also connect through other cities, like Beijing, Seoul or Tokyo that could get them into SF in the morning.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 08:48:53 PM by dryedmangoez »

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #1066 on: June 20, 2014, 09:00:03 PM »

Treasure Island and Yerba Buena Island is also another possibility. They'd be able to run around the islands.

As for flights out of Manila, the only direct flights I believe are to Honolulu, SF, and LA on Philippine Airlines.  Honolulu is only Tuesday, Thursday and Saturdays, but it arrives in the morning.  SF's flight arrives in the evening.  And there are two daily flights to LAX, one arriving in the morning and the other in the evening.

Of course, they could also connect through other cities, like Beijing, Seoul or Tokyo that could get them into SF in the morning.

Does anyone remember that summer series Bertram and Elise produced a couple of summers back where three people had to escape from a place each week to win a cash prize?

One of the places used was Alcatraz Island, so it is conceivable that Bertram might think of using it for a TAR finish line.....and maybe the final three would have to escape from the place to win. :) )Sorry couldn't resist the pun.)
-- theschnauzers

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #1067 on: June 20, 2014, 09:17:25 PM »
Yes, SF and LAX are certainly set up for the final city this time around........but that is like betting on Secretariat to win the 73 Belmont Stakes..........boring.

I was just thinking outside the box so to speak.

5 flights from Tokyo to JFK
2 flights from Taiwan to JFK
2 flights from Beijing to JFK
2 flights from Shanghai to JFK
3 flights from Seoul to JFK

1 flight from Tokyo to Newark
1 flight from Beijing to Newark
1 flight from Shanghai to Newark

I didn't check for times, just flight availability.....
Matthew 7:15

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1068 on: June 20, 2014, 09:44:25 PM »
I just hope for the return of the memory task is all. What could they do if we really think it IS something about an island theme? Flags? Greeters? What?

What would you want to see.? I just want a thinking competition....
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline taylorshank

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1069 on: June 20, 2014, 09:46:39 PM »
In the last ten or so seasons, when Race starts somewhere other than the LA area, they always end in LA.

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1070 on: June 20, 2014, 10:15:56 PM »
So @Cosme_Gabriel1 saw a black woman (probably Maya) running and crying somewhere in the University of Sto. Tomas. The sighting was around 2 PM, and the tweet has at 6:41 PM, yesterday. He said it was the pit stop (most likely), but he didn't see the mat, Phil, or production. And he didn't say the black woman was with another person (where's Amy?). It could be a Roadblock with the pit stop right inside the campus.
I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #1071 on: June 20, 2014, 10:18:33 PM »
Xenocentric ‏@Cosme_Gabriel1
just somewhere in ust, just saw a black woman, crying

sheldon padua ‏@calapang14 
@Cosme_Gabriel1 cool, so this was 2 in the morning at UST?

@calapang14  I meant to say 2PM, damn this typo!

so the pitstop yesterday was in or near UST. my guess is Intramuros.

Ooo! TARPh1 Leg 1 Pit Stop was at UST (University of Santo Tomas).

Black woman crying? Maybe they were last?
Or, I hope this was a VERY hard Leg and all the teams had trouble.  :hoot:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1072 on: June 20, 2014, 10:21:05 PM »
What makes you think a black woman crying has anything do with TAR? That could be anyone ....????
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #1073 on: June 20, 2014, 10:23:52 PM »
So @Cosme_Gabriel1 saw a black woman (probably Maya) running and crying somewhere in the University of Sto. Tomas. The sighting was around 2 PM, and the tweet has at 6:41 PM, yesterday. He said it was the pit stop (most likely), but he didn't see the mat, Phil, or production. And he didn't say the black woman was with another person (where's Amy?). It could be a Roadblock with the pit stop right inside the campus.
Ooo yeah, a Road Block! That would be awesome. 
Maybe a Road Block somewhere around UST and the Pit Stop somewhere in Intramuros would be cool.

But I'm really happy at the thought the teams went back into Manila after Rosario.

At the same time, teams were possibly running around UST and there aren't more sightings! Hmph. :gaah: hehe

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #1074 on: June 20, 2014, 10:26:04 PM »
What makes you think a black woman crying has anything do with TAR? That could be anyone ....????
But that person originally tweeted...

Xenocentric ‏@Cosme_Gabriel1 1 godz.

Saw #theamazingrace at ust this morning 2am! **** I WAS LESS THAN A KILOMETER FROM TAR25!

and when asked when and where, they replied...
just somewhere in ust, just saw a black woman, crying