Author Topic: TAR 25 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 323614 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 25 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #925 on: June 19, 2014, 03:59:32 PM »
Thanks!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #926 on: June 19, 2014, 04:21:59 PM »
In keeping with the "Island" theme, look for a finish at one of Seattle's numerous islands, or Catalina, even Alcatraz.  West coast islands.  All seem to fit.

I would love to see TAR25 finish at Zug Island in the Detroit River...lol
If the Finish Line is indeed at one of Seattle's Islands, I would be quite angry, as I am going there a few weeks after the Race ends.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline maf

• RFF TAR Chronicler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #927 on: June 19, 2014, 04:54:19 PM »
Well, after looking at the episode again, there are multiple "El Nido Resorts" all over the place on multiple islands according t GE. They flew Twin Otter charters from Manila all the way to the Palawans.......that had to be 4-5 hours.....Twin Otters are very slow STOL aircraft. They flew to the private "El Nido Airport on Miniloc Island. Then they did the three island flag task.........then the oyster shell task..........then the Lagen Wall ascender task........then pit stop on Lagen Island at the El NIdo Resort there. In the morning, they took boats from Lagen Island to Miniloc Island and flew back to Manila on a single Twin Otter. Then got big jets to Calgary.

Google Earth is normally pretty good at marking airports, even private ones. But it is not marked on Miniloc Island and I could not even see a spot on the  island for the runway.

I think the episode took liberties with the truth. There is an El Nido airport on Palawan. And it doesn't seem to be long from there to Miniloc island.

Offline ICONBLEED

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #928 on: June 19, 2014, 05:08:21 PM »
Can someone translate this please?

icon bleed ‏@static_bleed  · 48m 
@KatDeCastro madam r u a fan of amazing race? Nasa pinas sila ngayun 4 filming..
Kat De Castro is (was?) the host of a travel show, "Trip na Trip."  The tweeter is asking "Madam, are you a fan of amazing race? They are in the Philippines now 4 filming."
So, just asking if she's a fan.

sorry guys for lurking in.. it's my TWI account... I'm was trying to ask this person since she is so active in twitter and she is a very influential in terms of travelling all over Phil.. Cmon Pinoys let us all use the power of social media here in our turf...
I'm outside right now in Philippines but hoping to give you some insight and speculation..
My Ox is broken task maybe they skip this one. Why? -(Political tension (moderate)
Goin to Albay, Legazpi? --  Heard there is some irregular volcanic activities..
Posible location -- Revisiting Palawan or Bagiuo
Long Shot -- Cebu, Negros or Bohol
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 05:22:35 PM by edreifigure »
Ryan to Abbie
You Spread I'll Pound!!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #929 on: June 19, 2014, 05:15:16 PM »
Oh :welcome: !! I am sorry, google translate was giving me fits and I didn't want to miss anything yummy nor contact you if you were production, lol.

Many thanks for the ideas!! I am just SO thankful we are getting to come back after the unexpected leg cancellations last time. I'll take whatever comes! :hearts
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline rakionn11

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Fan of TAR and Phil Keoghan
« Reply #930 on: June 19, 2014, 05:19:41 PM »
Can someone translate this please?

icon bleed ‏@static_bleed  · 48m 
@KatDeCastro madam r u a fan of amazing race? Nasa pinas sila ngayun 4 filming..
Kat De Castro is (was?) the host of a travel show, "Trip na Trip."  The tweeter is asking "Madam, are you a fan of amazing race? They are in the Philippines now 4 filming."
So, just asking if she's a fan.

sorry guys for lurking in.. it's my TWI account... I'm was trying to ask this person since she is so active in twitter and she is a very influential in terms of travelling all over Phil.. Cmon Pinoys let us all use the power of social media here in out turf...
I'm outside right now in Philippines but hoping to give you some insight and speculation..
My Ox is broken task maybe they skip this one. Why? -(Political tension (moderate)
Goin to Albay, Legazpi? --  Heard there is some irregular volcanic activities..
Posible location -- Revisiting Palawan or Bagiuo
Long Shot -- Cebu, Negros or Bohol
Oh yeah, of course, I totally forgot that Albay may be not a location this season since Mayon Volcano is having its irregularities right now (although our bureau keeps it in Alert 1 status, meaning no eruption is seen in the near future). If the TAR production team will not continue there given the current situation, it leaves us with Palawan, Manila, OR a new destination.
"The world is waiting for you. Good luck. Travel safe. Go!" - Phil Keoghan
:conf

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #931 on: June 19, 2014, 05:30:24 PM »
The alert has been on for a while at Mayon, a few weeks now.  There'd be ample warning if going there was imminent danger, plus any Route Markers from TARA/TARAu (Cagsawa Ruins, Barangay Budiao, Daraga and Misibis Bay) are a safe enough distance away?  Especially if they're going in the next day or two.

And question, have all the Switchbacks always been at the same exact location?  I can't recall. The cheese and the head shaving Switchbacks were at different locations, so...
Because while it may be a little crazy in the province of Cavite (sorta), they could easily stage a field plowing task pretty much anywhere else in the country.  :hoot:

I think they'll be staying in Luzon though.  So I think the best TARPh-used northern locations that are possible would be Baguio City and Mountain Province.  They'll be able to do cultural tasks and the rural area is stunning (the rice terraces) and definitely provide a chance for an Ox/field plowing tasks. 

Especially since this route hasn't had any rural locations yet?  I'd think they'd use the Philippine countryside more than Metro Manila locations outside of a Route Marker or two, like Baclaran Church, to get them out of the city.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 05:33:47 PM by dryedmangoez »

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #932 on: June 19, 2014, 05:51:22 PM »
Especially since this route hasn't had any rural locations yet? 
Well, the Shetland island Leg, while around the city of lerwick, was slightly rural. And legs 5 and 6 in Morocco were possibly rural/semi-rural.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline rakionn11

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #933 on: June 19, 2014, 06:22:19 PM »
I'm just came here at Baclaran Church, I asked the guards and they said that the teams left at 6am. There were some cameramen left and they were recording some clips of the surroundings of the church and the clue. I actually saw the clue where they are going next.

Rosario Municipal Plaza  - Rosario, Cavite

Active Route Info Task: Eat salinas.

That's all info I've got.

Salinas? According to Google Maps, there is a food house in Rosario, Cavite named "Salinas Specials Food Haus". So are we going to Cavite? Then it would be much like the 10th leg in Season 5, where they had to travel to Cavite then to Laguna then back to Manila. We may see the "My Ox is broken" detour.

Offline dirkdaryl

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #934 on: June 19, 2014, 06:30:04 PM »
I'm just came here at Baclaran Church, I asked the guards and they said that the teams left at 6am. There were some cameramen left and they were recording some clips of the surroundings of the church and the clue. I actually saw the clue where they are going next.

Salinas? According to Google Maps, there is a food house in Rosario, Cavite named "Salinas Specials Food Haus". So are we going to Cavite? Then it would be much like the 10th leg in Season 5, where they had to travel to Cavite then to Laguna then back to Manila. We may see the "My Ox is broken" detour.

Yes. I also saw the name of that store in the clue.

Offline junkster_ph

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #935 on: June 19, 2014, 06:32:48 PM »
Rosario, Cavite is a 2 to 3 hours bus drive from Baclaran, if taxi an hour and a half... Rosario is nearby Manila bay. 

Offline rakionn11

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #936 on: June 19, 2014, 06:36:30 PM »

You sure about that? I'll call the store later if we can confirm it.
@georgiapeach - Can we call the store to confirm or not?
I'm actually a zombie right now, only sleeping for 2 hours LOL  :umn:

Offline ICONBLEED

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #937 on: June 19, 2014, 06:40:04 PM »
Rosario, Cavite is a 2 to 3 hours bus drive from Baclaran, if taxi an hour and a half... Rosario is nearby Manila bay.

hopefully this TWITT will not affect thier travel towards Rosario, Cavite
GMA News ‏@gmanews  14m
PHOTO: Sen. Bong Revilla is getting ready to leave the Revilla mansion in Bacoor, Cavite. | via @sandraguinaldo
Ryan to Abbie
You Spread I'll Pound!!

Offline dpe

• RFF Full Member

Offline junkster_ph

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #939 on: June 19, 2014, 06:42:11 PM »
I googled it, Rosario is formerly named as Salinas town in Cavite. Their festival is on the month of October and one of the foods they are offering is ""Tinapang Salinas" or dried salted fish. Since they are nearby the shore, fishing is the main source of their living and in the Philippines, dried fish are usually served during breakfast with matching soy sauce and squeeze lemon.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #940 on: June 19, 2014, 06:43:56 PM »
Ooo! Interesting.

Eat Salinas?
Here's Cavite's pride Tinapang Salinas:

Perfect if they have to eat a traditional Filipino breakfast! hehe

Offline rakionn11

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #941 on: June 19, 2014, 06:49:31 PM »
Ooo! Interesting.

Eat Salinas?
Here's Cavite's pride Tinapang Salinas:

Perfect if they have to eat a traditional Filipino breakfast! hehe

Hahaha, tradition Filipino breakfast at its finest. I wonder if they will be having a hard time on this since, it is salty. I never tasted Cavite's Tinapa but I think, the taste is very much the same compared to others hahaha.

I found an Instagram post for their POSSIBLE next location but the owner doesn't reply my inquiry. Oh well, let's wait :D

Offline aj_0852

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Spoilers are Shelves of Future
« Reply #942 on: June 19, 2014, 06:52:51 PM »
Here's the catch: After Cavite, they might go to Taal Volcano in Batangas, a nearby place. Activities include trekking and adventure extremes. Or they might visit Boracay or Palawan afterwards. Remember, last season 5, they visited El Nido? Hopefully, they will not recycle the tasks during TARAussie 2 and TAR Ukraine.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #943 on: June 19, 2014, 06:53:25 PM »
Here's the catch: After Cavite, they might go to Taal Volcano in Batangas, a nearby place. Activities include trekking and adventure extremes. Or they might visit Boracay or Palawan afterwards. Remember, last season 5, they visited El Nido? Hopefully, they will not recycle the tasks during TARAussie 2 and TAR Ukraine.
They MUST recycle Jig or Pig!  :yess:

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #944 on: June 19, 2014, 06:54:00 PM »
Well, after looking at the episode again, there are multiple "El Nido Resorts" all over the place on multiple islands according t GE. They flew Twin Otter charters from Manila all the way to the Palawans.......that had to be 4-5 hours.....Twin Otters are very slow STOL aircraft. They flew to the private "El Nido Airport on Miniloc Island. Then they did the three island flag task.........then the oyster shell task..........then the Lagen Wall ascender task........then pit stop on Lagen Island at the El NIdo Resort there. In the morning, they took boats from Lagen Island to Miniloc Island and flew back to Manila on a single Twin Otter. Then got big jets to Calgary.

Google Earth is normally pretty good at marking airports, even private ones. But it is not marked on Miniloc Island and I could not even see a spot on the  island for the runway.

I think the episode took liberties with the truth. There is an El Nido airport on Palawan. And it doesn't seem to be long from there to Miniloc island.

That airport at Villa Libertad has a code of ENI. It is approximately 300 miles from Manila. So that would be 1.5 to 1.75 hours flying time in a Twin Otter. They cruise at a little under 200 mph. It has a gravel runway. In the episode, it showed a grass air stripe. It also showed the airport sign.....El Nido Airport across the top and El Nido Resort, Miniloc Island at the bottom. It would be interesting (to me at least) to know the history of that field at Villa Libertad. Its size, orientation and location are very reminiscent of Japanese air bases in the area from World War II.

Add about 15 minutes of flying time from Miniloc to Villa Libertad and that gives about 2 hours flight time to Manila. Production could always manipulate the story line. They left pit stop from about 3:45 am to 4:30 am and arrived at the airport in the dark. They had to catch a 6:30 am charter back to Manila.
Matthew 7:15

Offline Tar25fan

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #945 on: June 19, 2014, 06:55:40 PM »
I dont know where to post but can the timeline be updated with Kym & Alli safe until Philippines???

Offline junkster_ph

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #946 on: June 19, 2014, 06:56:44 PM »
I hope the issue regarding Senator Bong Revilla will not affect the race since a lot of his supporters are in front of his mansion in Bacoor Cavite. But there is a new highway constructed going to Kawit, Noveleta, Gen Trias and Rosario aside from making their way along Gen Aguinaldo Highway which makes the route of Bacoor, Imus and Dasmarinas Cavite. I hope they'll go to Kawit Cavite since the 116th independence day of the Philippines was celebrated every June 12 and the independence was first declared and celebrated at Kawit.

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #947 on: June 19, 2014, 06:56:49 PM »
I dont know where to post but can the timeline be updated with Kym & Alli safe until Philippines???

Oval will do that when he is here. No need to rush ^^

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #948 on: June 19, 2014, 07:02:50 PM »
I hope the issue regarding Senator Bong Revilla will not affect the race since a lot of his supporters are in front of his mansion in Bacoor Cavite. But there is a new highway constructed going to Kawit, Noveleta, Gen Trias and Rosario aside from making their way along Gen Aguinaldo Highway which makes the route of Bacoor, Imus and Dasmarinas Cavite.
Maybe it'll be like TAR6 and the Racers, or maybe just Jonathan & Victoria, getting stuck in traffic when the President of Synagogue made their way through.  :funny:

Offline aj_0852

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Spoilers are Shelves of Future
« Reply #949 on: June 19, 2014, 07:03:34 PM »

SWITCHBACK maybe? Anyone?