Author Topic: TAR 25 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 323532 times)

Offline rakionn11

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Fan of TAR and Phil Keoghan
Re: TAR 25 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #900 on: June 19, 2014, 12:37:22 PM »
The Malingcong Rice Terraces of Bontoc are beautiful! I wonder if they'll visit them IF they go up north to Baguio/Bontoc.
Since TARUS seems to be open to borrowing Legs from foreign TARs now, we could see some TARPh tasks. hehe

An overnight bus ride is likely whether they're going up north to Baguio/Mountain Province or to Legazpi, Albay.

Definitely! They should borrow TARPH's tasks (well they also copied the Albay leg for crying out loud HAHA), when they will go up north and I know where they will be going already here in Baguio haha.
Forgive me for mentioning my city a few times, I just can't help it haha. I really want to see Phil in person!!!  :hoot:
I would be ecstatic when I see him  :wohoo:
"The world is waiting for you. Good luck. Travel safe. Go!" - Phil Keoghan
:conf

Offline rakionn11

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #901 on: June 19, 2014, 12:57:22 PM »
According to @georgiapeach, it's Baclaran Church.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #902 on: June 19, 2014, 01:01:08 PM »
Of course! Baclaran.
Hurry, someone head over  :hoot:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #903 on: June 19, 2014, 01:03:38 PM »
Think TAR 5 ascender task....
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #904 on: June 19, 2014, 01:05:13 PM »
Baclaran Church is very near to the airport. So if there is no H.O.O and they do not perform any task there, they might already head to another destination because their flight arrived about 3 hours, I think.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #905 on: June 19, 2014, 01:08:22 PM »
Teams would have to take chartered flights directly to El Nido, Palawan.  Or fly to Puerto Princesa and I think it's a long drive from Puerto Princesa to El Nido.

Offline rakionn11

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #906 on: June 19, 2014, 01:11:29 PM »
It's funny that about 30 minutes ago, I was feeling sleepy (it's already past 2 am here!! :tantrum) and I decided to check the thread. When I saw "Philippines" here, I literally jumped out of my sleepiness and activated my eagle eyes at the different social networking sites LOL. I will not sleep until I can't confirm where they will go next.
I really feel that they're going somewhere near me hahaha FINGERS CROSSED!!  :hoot:

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #907 on: June 19, 2014, 01:16:31 PM »

Peach, just an FYI.... There is no such thing as an El Nido Airport..as was erroneously speculated earlier in this thread. Lagen Island is too small for an airport unless they are using seaplanes. In TAR5 teams finished the ascender task and then rowed to the beach for the pit stop. Teams spent the night on the beach and then were released. They all then took a series of boat rides to get back to civilization. I have tome errands to do and when I get back home, I will pull out my copy of TAR5 and get the exact correct facts.
Matthew 7:15

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #908 on: June 19, 2014, 01:16:53 PM »
A tweet by Jio DE Leon confirms they are in Baclaran Church at 2AM.
Jio de Leon @jiodeleon  ·  11m
Racers are in Baclaran church. at 2 AM. That can't be totally safe haha. #amazingrace
He's kinda right though. lol
I don't really think Baclaran would be somewhere TAR would want teams camping out for a HOO. lol

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #909 on: June 19, 2014, 01:17:04 PM »
It's funny that about 30 minutes ago, I was feeling sleepy (it's already past 2 am here!! :tantrum) and I decided to check the thread. When I saw "Philippines" here, I literally jumped out of my sleepiness and activated my eagle eyes at the different social networking sites LOL. I will not sleep until I can't confirm where they will go next.
I really feel that they're going somewhere near me hahaha FINGERS CROSSED!!  :hoot:

Go to the church, and they will be near you <333333

Offline rakionn11

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #910 on: June 19, 2014, 01:19:36 PM »
A tweet by Jio DE Leon confirms they are in Baclaran Church at 2AM.
Jio de Leon @jiodeleon  ·  11m
Racers are in Baclaran church. at 2 AM. That can't be totally safe haha. #amazingrace
He's kinda right though. lol
I don't really think Baclaran would be somewhere TAR would want teams camping out for a HOO. lol

Newbie here, what's a HOO? Hahaha

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #911 on: June 19, 2014, 01:21:18 PM »

Peach, just an FYI.... There is no such thing as an El Nido Airport..as was erroneously speculated earlier in this thread. Lagen Island is too small for an airport unless they are using seaplanes. In TAR5 teams finished the ascender task and then rowed to the beach for the pit stop. Teams spent the night on the beach and then were released. They all then took a series of boat rides to get back to civilization. I have tome errands to do and when I get back home, I will pull out my copy of TAR5 and get the exact correct facts.
They took charter flights to El Nido before hopping on jeepneys to the pier where they took the boats to that flag finding task, the pearls diving and the ascender.

I remember reading El Nido's airport is used for resort guests.  It's a private airstrip I think.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #912 on: June 19, 2014, 01:22:42 PM »

Newbie here, what's a HOO? Hahaha
Hours of Operation =)

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #913 on: June 19, 2014, 01:22:56 PM »
According to Wikipedia Baclaran Church is The National Shrine of Our Mother of Perpetual Help
and open 24 hours.

Offline rakionn11

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #914 on: June 19, 2014, 01:24:38 PM »

Go to the church, and they will be near you <333333

The fact that I'm about 250 km away from Manila? Hahaha, too bad xD

Offline rakionn11

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #915 on: June 19, 2014, 01:27:05 PM »

It's a landing airstrip, maybe privately owned since all flights going to Palawan is via Puerto Princesa. We may also see the Puerto Princesa Underground River, one of the new 7 wonders of nature.

Offline dpe

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #916 on: June 19, 2014, 01:58:46 PM »
Neo-Romanesque façade of the Baclaran Church. ... Laging Saklolo) also known as Redemptorist Church and colloquially the Baclaran Church, is ... been authorised by the Holy See to remain open 24 hours a day throughout the entire year.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baclaran_Church
http://www.manilagateway.com/attractions/baclaran-redemptorist-church.html
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 02:10:21 PM by dpe »

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #917 on: June 19, 2014, 02:15:57 PM »
Too bad it's still early in the morning.  When pretty much 95% of the Filipino population has a cell phone, we'd have a lot more updates hehe.

Offline rakionn11

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #918 on: June 19, 2014, 02:37:44 PM »
Too bad it's still early in the morning.  When pretty much 95% of the Filipino population has a cell phone, we'd have a lot more updates hehe.
I'm also thinking of that hahaha
It's only 3:40 AM (UTC +8, around 3:40 PM ET)

Offline foreverhoping

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #919 on: June 19, 2014, 02:55:40 PM »
In keeping with the "Island" theme, look for a finish at one of Seattle's numerous islands, or Catalina, even Alcatraz.  West coast islands.  All seem to fit.

I would love to see TAR25 finish at Zug Island in the Detroit River...lol

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #920 on: June 19, 2014, 03:18:10 PM »

They took charter flights to El Nido before hopping on jeepneys to the pier where they took the boats to that flag finding task, the pearls diving and the ascender.

I remember reading El Nido's airport is used for resort guests.  It's a private airstrip I think.

Well, after looking at the episode again, there are multiple "El Nido Resorts" all over the place on multiple islands according t GE. They flew Twin Otter charters from Manila all the way to the Palawans.......that had to be 4-5 hours.....Twin Otters are very slow STOL aircraft. They flew to the private "El Nido Airport on Miniloc Island. Then they did the three island flag task.........then the oyster shell task..........then the Lagen Wall ascender task........then pit stop on Lagen Island at the El NIdo Resort there. In the morning, they took boats from Lagen Island to Miniloc Island and flew back to Manila on a single Twin Otter. Then got big jets to Calgary.

Google Earth is normally pretty good at marking airports, even private ones. But it is not marked on Miniloc Island and I could not even see a spot on the  island for the runway.
Matthew 7:15

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #921 on: June 19, 2014, 03:21:13 PM »
Not sure about this, but would be SO cool! That remains one of my most heartwrenching tasks ever. But some of the TARATARaus task redo's sound good too.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #922 on: June 19, 2014, 03:47:53 PM »
Not sure about this, but would be SO cool! That remains one of my most heartwrenching tasks ever. But some of the TARATARaus task redo's sound good too.

Definitely. But huge part of that was the teams involved I think.  For a Philippine Switchback, I'd definitely prefer a My Ox is Broken one.
We got a bunch of young teams doing the ascender, might not be as exciting.  But those carabaos/oxen will definitely provide fun regardless of what team is participating. hehe

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #923 on: June 19, 2014, 03:51:08 PM »
Can someone translate this please?

icon bleed ‏@static_bleed  · 48m 
@KatDeCastro madam r u a fan of amazing race? Nasa pinas sila ngayun 4 filming..

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #924 on: June 19, 2014, 03:54:50 PM »
Can someone translate this please?

icon bleed ‏@static_bleed  · 48m 
@KatDeCastro madam r u a fan of amazing race? Nasa pinas sila ngayun 4 filming..
Kat De Castro is (was?) the host of a travel show, "Trip na Trip."  The tweeter is asking "Madam, are you a fan of amazing race? They are in the Philippines now 4 filming."
So, just asking if she's a fan.