Author Topic: TAR 25 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 322116 times)

Offline Tar25fan

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: TAR 25 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #875 on: June 19, 2014, 10:25:58 AM »
Were Kym & Alli seen at the airport going to Manila?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #876 on: June 19, 2014, 10:38:17 AM »
current flight info
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #877 on: June 19, 2014, 10:38:59 AM »
we would NOT see a just eliminated team buying tickets at the airport. perhaps a NEL? ???

Which team did you mean by "just eliminated team"?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #878 on: June 19, 2014, 10:39:19 AM »
Can the on the ground crew confirm?
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #879 on: June 19, 2014, 10:53:19 AM »

i understand from my friend that Kym & Alli came in at F5, while Tim & Te Jay came in F6. Kym & Alli were the ones eliminated in the Singapore Leg.

We would not then see them buying tickets in Singapore.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline amazingrace126

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #880 on: June 19, 2014, 11:02:29 AM »

i understand from my friend that Kym & Alli came in at F5, while Tim & Te Jay came in F6. Kym & Alli were the ones eliminated in the Singapore Leg.

We would not then see them buying tickets in Singapore.

Do we have sightings of them buying tickets in Singapore?

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #881 on: June 19, 2014, 11:06:11 AM »
I have a screenshot of the flight screen, but I cant post it now in my phone (i dont know how haha). The flight arrived 5 mins earlier.
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #882 on: June 19, 2014, 11:08:49 AM »
5 min AGO? so we can expect a while before thru customs. be ready at door, it happens so fast!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #883 on: June 19, 2014, 11:34:58 AM »
TR 2726 arrived 9:25 PM.

Unfortunately, there is no way for any of us people (non passengers) to go to the "door" / actual arrival area where taxis wait. We can only wait at a certain place where private cars are present -- highly unlikely TAr will pass by there

Sorry if this is my only contribution :( I wanted to see them :(

P.S. Hopefully I can see them tomorrow if they are still here :lol:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #884 on: June 19, 2014, 11:36:40 AM »
you do not need to be at taxi area. You need to be where arriving passengers exit customs into arrival hall---where family meets their arr passengers
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #885 on: June 19, 2014, 11:40:06 AM »
Customs, I think, is also inside the airport, so there is no way I can get through there.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #886 on: June 19, 2014, 11:49:04 AM »
how would you meet a family member? you cannot enter airport at ALL? ???
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Tar25fan

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #887 on: June 19, 2014, 11:53:57 AM »
So they are decoys?

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #888 on: June 19, 2014, 12:07:54 PM »
It's been years since I've been through Terminal 1.  Actually, since Terminal 2 opened in 1998, I haven't set foot in there at all. lol
So yeah, I don't remember how the layout of that terminal is either.  I remember long corridors though before getting out of the actual terminal to head to the pick-up/taxi areas. 

TARAu and TARA both flew on Philippine Airlines when they last went to the Philippines and at Terminal 2, I know family can meet passengers at the terminal exit.  You can even peek inside the terminal right where passengers go through immigration/customs.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #889 on: June 19, 2014, 12:11:26 PM »

tristan buenaventura ‏@tistristanrocks  · 6h 
I bet the Amazing Race Team is on their way to Manila!! I only seeing 3 teams.. awesome pic.twitter.com/DHygLX0KtQ

tristan buenaventura ‏@tistristanrocks  · 11m 
@xxxx yup, already gave some tips and info for their first stop! And their first stop is a famous church near the airport!

Famous church? I immediately think of Quiapo Church, but that's like a 20 min drive from the airport.  Especially with Manila traffic.

Quaipo Church/Plaza Miranda is the site of TARA/TARAu's balut eating task.

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #891 on: June 19, 2014, 12:13:36 PM »
Famous Church?

Can it be this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capitol_City_Baptist_Church_%28West_Avenue,_Quezon_City%29
I have never heard of that church in my life. lol

I can't even imagine why they would go there though. hehe
I'd bet on Quiapo.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #892 on: June 19, 2014, 12:14:59 PM »
would it be one of these?

Our Lady of the Airways Parish, Chapel Road cor. Ninoy Aquino Avenue, Parañaque (At NAIA Road, turn right before the intersection with Ninoy Aquino Avenue), ☎ +63 2 851-4371. This is the official airport church and NAIA is probably the only airport with one. A large statue of the Virgin Mary stands on an island across from the church, at the corner of NAIA Road and Ninoy Aquino Avenue. edit

Shrine of Saint Thérèse of the Child Jesus, Newport Boulevard, Newport City, Pasay (Opposite Terminal 3, behind the Total gas station), ☎ +63 2 853-9187 to 90. The church of Newport City and the seat of the Military Ordinariate of the Philippines, it is a popular venue for weddings. Its dome is visible from all parts of the airport complex. edit
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #893 on: June 19, 2014, 12:15:15 PM »
Famous Church?

Can it be this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capitol_City_Baptist_Church_%28West_Avenue,_Quezon_City%29
I have never heard of that church in my life. lol

I can't even imagine why they would go there though. hehe

Haha, I just search Manila, Church and this church popped out in the first place so I think it might be famous  :funny:

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #894 on: June 19, 2014, 12:18:04 PM »
Quaipo is the most famous church in the Philippines, tbh.

Other famous churches would be Manila Cathedral or San Agustin Church in Intramuros, the historic old walled city of Manila.
Chateau suggests Las Pinas Church, but all of these places are 20-30 min from the airport, just as Quiapo is.

I'd absolutely bet on balut eating at Plaza Miranda.

Offline rakionn11

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Fan of TAR and Phil Keoghan
« Reply #895 on: June 19, 2014, 12:28:06 PM »
Quaipo is the most famous church in the Philippines, tbh.

Other famous churches would be Manila Cathedral or San Agustin Church in Intramuros, the historic old walled city of Manila.
Chateau suggests Las Pinas Church, but all of these places are 20-30 min from the airport, just as Quiapo is.

I'd absolutely bet on balut eating at Plaza Miranda.

I think so too, Quiapo Church then proceed to bus stations or airplanes going to Albay (we may see the Jig or Pig Detour again LOL) :funny:
I also had a hunch that they may take a bus going to the north (a bus station going to the north is close to Plaza Miranda), and hopefully that "north" is Baguio City.  :iok

Although almost all evidences are leading to Albay up to now, we should wait.  :hrt:

*Albay is a 12-hour bus ride from Manila, and its really tiring for the information of everybody haha! It also the province of the world-renowned Mayon Volcano.  :conf:
**Baguio City is the summer capital of the Philippines, which is a 6-7 hour bus ride from Manila  :conf:
"The world is waiting for you. Good luck. Travel safe. Go!" - Phil Keoghan
:conf

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #896 on: June 19, 2014, 12:30:21 PM »
I'd love for them to go up north! My fantasy first Leg has them going up north first hehe

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #897 on: June 19, 2014, 12:31:28 PM »
The Malingcong Rice Terraces of Bontoc are beautiful! I wonder if they'll visit them IF they go up north to Baguio/Bontoc.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #898 on: June 19, 2014, 12:34:22 PM »
The Malingcong Rice Terraces of Bontoc are beautiful! I wonder if they'll visit them IF they go up north to Baguio/Bontoc.
Since TARUS seems to be open to borrowing Legs from foreign TARs now, we could see some TARPh tasks. hehe

An overnight bus ride is likely whether they're going up north to Baguio/Mountain Province or to Legazpi, Albay.

Offline rakionn11

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Fan of TAR and Phil Keoghan
« Reply #899 on: June 19, 2014, 12:34:29 PM »

I'd love for them to go up north! My fantasy first Leg has them going up north first hehe

Yeah, you're right. Only the Philippine version of the The Amazing Race actually went to Bontoc. I would love them going up north especially in Baguio as I can really exhaust my efforts in catching them. (My grandpa is a taxi driver and I can tell him to also have his lookout at the bus terminal HAHA!)
"The world is waiting for you. Good luck. Travel safe. Go!" - Phil Keoghan
:conf