Author Topic: TAR 25 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 322123 times)

MrDeerShank

Re: TAR 25 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #675 on: June 17, 2014, 07:31:24 AM »
I like the island theme idea. I also want the Philippines to be visited soon. I'm guessing right now that TAR's trying to skip Asia. (because of the suggestion from the CVWLTS Thread) If Asia is skipped this season, I hope they really visit the Philippines soon, perhaps the next season. :)
Anyway, on to my spec. Because of the suggestion from the CVWLTS thread, I think they'll be heading off to SouthAm or Oceania. If not, they could also head south to Africa, where spoilers are hard to get. ;)

This thread is not the be all and end all for TAR25, there is a very slim chance of CBS reading one thread on one forum in the first place, and besides, they have a fanbase of 10+ million around the world, they won't listen to 100+ users on a single forum - they may consider things that are posted, but not completely tailor a route around it.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #676 on: June 17, 2014, 07:37:56 AM »
I like the island theme idea. I also want the Philippines to be visited soon. I'm guessing right now that TAR's trying to skip Asia. (because of the suggestion from the CVWLTS Thread) If Asia is skipped this season, I hope they really visit the Philippines soon, perhaps the next season. :)
Anyway, on to my spec. Because of the suggestion from the CVWLTS thread, I think they'll be heading off to SouthAm or Oceania. If not, they could also head south to Africa, where spoilers are hard to get. ;)

I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY doubt they would follow stuff from that thread to be honest. They MAY read it, but that doesn't mean they're gonna follow every single thing in that thread. :P

I doubt they would follow EVERYTHING. (I doubt they're following the light box from the earlier seasons, and I don't think they followed the classic format on the 1st leg, and there are definitely a lot more.) This is just a spec. We wouldn't know if TAR decided to do this after reading the thread. :P

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #677 on: June 17, 2014, 07:42:00 AM »

This thread is not the be all and end all for TAR25, there is a very slim chance of CBS reading one thread on one forum in the first place, and besides, they have a fanbase of 10+ million around the world, they won't listen to 100+ users on a single forum - they may consider things that are posted, but not completely tailor a route around it.

They most likely read that thread. That's what I assume, but I can not confirm. Anyway, this is just a spec.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #678 on: June 17, 2014, 07:44:11 AM »
Bertram van Munster was in Manila a couple of months ago for a meeting re: TAR PH season 2. Watch this video of van Munster saying "we've been in the Philippines several times, I think it's time we would come back" (watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQfonAL8SCs). Reading between the lines, maybe he was in the PH to scout some locations for TAR25.

:hello2: and :bigwelcome to RFF, chkl!

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #679 on: June 17, 2014, 07:44:26 AM »
The thing is, you keep on mentioning and mentioning the thread almost everyday when TAR25 goes on a new location so yes, it may be spec, but it's VERY UNLIKELY spec.

Offline rakionn11

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Fan of TAR and Phil Keoghan
« Reply #680 on: June 17, 2014, 07:48:43 AM »
Well, if they don't include a PH leg this season :tantrum, I hope that it will be next season (the 26th season is already confirmed right? :conf:).
On the case of the travel warning for the PH, I think it's only limited in the southern part and not in the northern part. So they're free to race here in the northern Philippines right? :snicker:

I also read that TAR has been renewed for two seasons. Does it include the 25th season in those "two" or wass it referring to 26th and 27th?  :hearts:
"The world is waiting for you. Good luck. Travel safe. Go!" - Phil Keoghan
:conf

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #681 on: June 17, 2014, 07:52:19 AM »
The thing is, you keep on mentioning and mentioning the thread almost everyday when TAR25 goes on a new location so yes, it may be spec, but it's VERY UNLIKELY spec.

:funny: Yeah, I know I'm annoying. Peace! :)

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #682 on: June 17, 2014, 07:55:08 AM »
Well, if they don't include a PH leg this season :tantrum, I hope that it will be next season (the 26th season is already confirmed right? :conf:).
On the case of the travel warning for the PH, I think it's only limited in the southern part and not in the northern part. So they're free to race here in the northern Philippines right? :snicker:

I also read that TAR has been renewed for two seasons. Does it include the 25th season in those "two" or wass it referring to 26th and 27th?  :hearts:

Since there are only 3 legs left, in case they visit Asia, I think the Philippines will have 1 leg only, the penultimate one. I think it's gonna be like this because from Europe... it'd be too far for TAR to jump to Southeast Asia.

Update/Edit: Just found out they already got to Singapore. :funny: There is still a chance for having two legs in the Philippines. :hearts:
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 08:05:29 AM by Platrium »

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #683 on: June 17, 2014, 08:35:54 AM »

Since there are only 3 legs left, in case they visit Asia, I think the Philippines will have 1 leg only, the penultimate one. I think it's gonna be like this because from Europe... it'd be too far for TAR to jump to Southeast Asia.

Update/Edit: Just found out they already got to Singapore. :funny: There is still a chance for having two legs in the Philippines. :hearts:

Singapore could be leg 8, and the next three legs will be Philippines (2 legs) and South Korea (Seoul Metropolitan Area) before heading to the U.S. of A.

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #684 on: June 17, 2014, 08:37:25 AM »

Singapore could be leg 8, and the next three legs will be Philippines (2 legs) and South Korea (Seoul Metropolitan Area) before heading to the U.S. of A.
I think singapore should be leg9...

MrDeerShank

« Reply #685 on: June 17, 2014, 08:42:06 AM »
Leg 1: St Thomas
Leg 2: London/Oxford
Leg 3: Shetlands
Leg 4: Copenhagen/Malmo
Leg 5: Marrakech
Leg 6: Morocco
Leg 7: Sicily
Leg 8: Valetta
Leg 9: Singapore (?)

This the current route so far? (asides from the fact it's still not 100% on whether Denmark/Sweden are the same leg or not)

Offline batman06

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #686 on: June 17, 2014, 08:56:02 AM »
Singapore has to at least be leg 9 maybe leg 10 if Denmark and Sweden are two seperate legs wow race is almost over

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #687 on: June 17, 2014, 09:04:48 AM »
Just want to say that it is just one tweet AND how can they visit Singapore again with only one sighting? I'll wait till there's more sightings and photographic evidence to confirm Singapore.

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #688 on: June 17, 2014, 09:08:44 AM »
Is it possible singapore leg start tomorrow?He just saw Phil that may mean Phil just arrived singapore...

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #689 on: June 17, 2014, 09:10:02 AM »
We should us the detail. He might see Phil at the airport and Phil might just be there for connecting?

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #690 on: June 17, 2014, 09:14:45 AM »
We should us the detail. He might see Phil at the airport and Phil might just be there for connecting?
He said "sentosa" I remember...

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #691 on: June 17, 2014, 09:55:11 AM »
The series of tweets ended up being very specific about the location, that Phil was on the move, and that there was a cameraman with him.

Sounds legit to me.

And it may well be leg 10 because of the uncertainty about whether Copenhagen / Malmo was one leg or two. But the island theme seems to have been a more accurate guide in guessing where they were headed. It's also possible there was a leg we've missed after Malta and before Singapore because of the time element, and there are any of several new places that could be involved as a result. (My guess is that Phil is a day ahead of the Racers in Singapore, so perhaps an airport monitoring is in order?)
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #692 on: June 17, 2014, 10:00:41 AM »
Bertram van Munster was in Manila a couple of months ago for a meeting re: TAR PH season 2. Watch this video of van Munster saying "we've been in the Philippines several times, I think it's time we would come back" (watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQfonAL8SCs). Reading between the lines, maybe he was in the PH to scout some locations for TAR25.

We don't need to scout for locations, we have two unused locations from last season when the typhoon forced a change in plans.

If I was betting, I would look at Manila and the TAR 5 locations. :tup:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #693 on: June 17, 2014, 12:25:50 PM »
If that's the case then people should start looking out for Marina Bay Sands and Resorts World Sentosa tweets or Instagram... Although I still think and agree that if it's just Phil, maybe the racers are not there yet?

In any case, hopefully this is true. It's getting annoying that Singapore pops up as a rumoured spoiled location almost every season -.-

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #694 on: June 17, 2014, 01:46:10 PM »
If that's the case then people should start looking out for Marina Bay Sands and Resorts World Sentosa tweets or Instagram... Although I still think and agree that if it's just Phil, maybe the racers are not there yet?

In any case, hopefully this is true. It's getting annoying that Singapore pops up as a rumoured spoiled location almost every season -.-

If you pay way too much attention to Twitter at non race times like I do, you'll see that Singaporean children are doing Amazing Races at Sentosa and Marina Bay about 350 days a year. At least it seems that way.  So, when the race is being run, people almost always see tweets about the Amazing race at Sentosa and Marina Bay and get fooled. That said, I haven't seen all that much about Sentosa and Marina bay the last few weeks.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #695 on: June 17, 2014, 02:53:55 PM »
Easiest way to know if TAR is heading to the Philippines this season is to have someone head to Barangay Budiao in Daraga, Albay to find out if they've already set-up a fiesta with a huge mud pit and an area where teams could possibly do a little jig.

:hoot:  :nana

Offline Tar25fan

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #696 on: June 17, 2014, 06:33:54 PM »
So is the race going to Singapore? Or New Zealand? Where?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #697 on: June 17, 2014, 06:35:35 PM »
So is the race going to Singapore? Or New Zealand? Where?

Maybe you could help us figure that out ?   :oh
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #698 on: June 17, 2014, 06:38:38 PM »
It appears that the people tweeting were on Singapore Air 365 which arrived in Singapore from Rome at 6:08 AM local time or about 90 minutes ago.

Offline Tar25fan

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #699 on: June 17, 2014, 06:39:12 PM »
I looked it up the flights that depart from Rome between 6 and 8 and didn't find any flights going to Asia or Oceania
Well nvm about this
I got confused about that girl tweet, I thought she just saw the teams in Rome right now
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 06:43:14 PM by Tar25fan »