Author Topic: TAR 25 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 322009 times)

Offline runningblind

• RFF Full Member
  • Hope sir Terry had a pleasant talk with DEATH.
Re: TAR 25 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #650 on: June 16, 2014, 03:10:29 PM »
If Malta is leg 8 or 9, doesn't that give them only two or three legs to get all the way across Asia to the West Coast? Do you think they could pull that off?

Malta is probably leg 8, which leaves 3 Asian legs. TAR 3, 12 and 20 also did this, so it's definitely doable.

If the producers are going for all islands, Singapore should be the next country to look at. Afterwards, Jeju, and Philippines should all definitely be examined very closely.

Islands theme is a nice one but.. . Sweden, Morocco?

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #651 on: June 16, 2014, 03:19:28 PM »
I'm posting this here rather than in live sightings as I don't think this is as significant as Phil's other recent tweets.

Phil Keoghan @PhilKeoghan  ·  5h
Spectacular train footage from #NewZealand @PureNewZealand http://safeshare.tv/w/DYEsPODBwX

It's a video of a train plowing through deep snow. It could be a hint about going to New Zealand, but I'd need more evidence before I get too excited about this.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #652 on: June 16, 2014, 03:33:09 PM »
I'm posting this here rather than in live sightings as I don't think this is as significant as Phil's other recent tweets.

Spectacular train footage from #NewZealand @PureNewZealand http://safeshare.tv/w/DYEsPODBwX

It's a video of a train plowing through deep snow. It could be a hint about going to New Zealand, but I'd need more evidence before I get too excited about this.
Auckland > San Francisco nonstop arrives midday too  :hoot:

Offline taylorshank

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #653 on: June 16, 2014, 03:48:49 PM »
Singapore/Manila/LA

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #654 on: June 16, 2014, 05:16:12 PM »

Well we haven't had a winter NZ Leg before..
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline batman06

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #655 on: June 16, 2014, 05:41:49 PM »
wow New Zealand?  That would be nice but i dunno guys NZ is very far from Malta..  ???

Offline Joeyslimo

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #656 on: June 16, 2014, 05:49:47 PM »
That tweet that was just posted apparently she is from Malaysia according to her facebook page :)

Offline aryantsoeseno

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #657 on: June 16, 2014, 06:12:15 PM »
That tweet that was just posted apparently she is from Malaysia according to her facebook page :)

i think what she means is from previously season when the amazing race visited Sabah-Malaysia (if it really about the amazing race).  :conf:

Offline Tar25fan

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #658 on: June 16, 2014, 06:35:35 PM »
Well no live sights, so I guess they went to India since it is hard to be spoiled

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #659 on: June 16, 2014, 06:42:59 PM »
I wonder if possibly the Friday night budget cuts could mean we have a TAR7 type of map, where they don't cross the Pacific, and maybe a couple legs in South America before heading back to the US?  I know its probably unlikely with the World Cup dominating Brazil and Chile just getting visited, but never know about Argentina or something.

Offline rakionn11

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Fan of TAR and Phil Keoghan
« Reply #660 on: June 16, 2014, 08:01:54 PM »
I really hope there will be a PH leg this season. Back in TAR 5, 10 years ago, I was only 9 years old. I only knew about The Amazing Race starting Season 13, so yeah, it would be electrifying and exciting seeing any type of TARUS sighting in my country.   :yess:  :yess:
(Although we have our own version of TAR, it is different to have sightings of TARUS haha)  :wohoo:  :wohoo:
"The world is waiting for you. Good luck. Travel safe. Go!" - Phil Keoghan
:conf

Offline Tar25fan

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #661 on: June 16, 2014, 08:18:09 PM »
I don't think they are going there due to travel warnings

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #662 on: June 16, 2014, 08:28:04 PM »
:welcome: to RFF,rakionn11!! Glad you are here!:waves:

And since we lost 2 Philippines legs last season, who knows? We might never see them again like Tanzania and Laos...or we could get them right back with a lovely switchback! TAR 5....
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline smiley

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #663 on: June 16, 2014, 08:31:26 PM »
:welcome: to RFF,rakionn11!! Glad you are here!:waves:

And since we lost 2 Philippines legs last season, who knows? We might never see them again like Tanzania and Laos...or we could get them right back with a lovely switchback! TAR 5....

are you sure we didn't get the lost Tanzania leg in TAR20?

Offline Tar25fan

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #664 on: June 16, 2014, 08:47:31 PM »
where in Laos was a leg planned but canceled? Luang Prabang?

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #665 on: June 16, 2014, 08:49:32 PM »
I wonder if possibly the Friday night budget cuts could mean we have a TAR7 type of map, where they don't cross the Pacific, and maybe a couple legs in South America before heading back to the US?  I know its probably unlikely with the World Cup dominating Brazil and Chile just getting visited, but never know about Argentina or something.

A Caribbean start and the close proximity of the countries up to Leg 8 is a pretty good use of the budget that recalls TAR 12 imo.

If Malta is leg 8 or 9, doesn't that give them only two or three legs to get all the way across Asia to the West Coast? Do you think they could pull that off?

Malta is probably leg 8, which leaves 3 Asian legs. TAR 3, 12 and 20 also did this, so it's definitely doable.

If the producers are going for all islands, Singapore should be the next country to look at. Afterwards, Jeju, and Philippines should all definitely be examined very closely.

Islands theme is a nice one but.. . Sweden, Morocco?

Can't have every leg be an island, but you can notice a definite theme. See TAR 2's southern hemisphere and TAR 7's British Commonwealth routes.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 08:52:40 PM by Caelestor »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #666 on: June 16, 2014, 11:35:40 PM »
Santiago makes NO sense.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #667 on: June 17, 2014, 12:15:54 AM »
Matthew 7:15

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #668 on: June 17, 2014, 12:23:21 AM »
Santiago makes NO sense.

No, that's is San Diego in California. I think it makes no sense, too but maybe it will be the finish line?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #669 on: June 17, 2014, 12:31:31 AM »
oops, misread that one!

San Diego would be great , but it is just too soon. Even if we have missed a leg or even two...still too soon.
has to be something local...

Could someone please go ask? Need exact time, and hopefully a picture. Ask if there were cameras. The clue boxes are all guarded by someone in production, ask about that...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #671 on: June 17, 2014, 12:43:05 AM »
Yeah, it's too soon. I don't know if something for the finish line can be prepare this early but no harm for asking them if it's real or not.
So sorry because I cannot access to my instagram right now to do it. Please someone  :<3

Edit: I asked her. Hope that she will reply soon.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 01:36:02 AM by paradoxinee »

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #672 on: June 17, 2014, 07:19:38 AM »
I like the island theme idea. I also want the Philippines to be visited soon. I'm guessing right now that TAR's trying to skip Asia. (because of the suggestion from the CVWLTS Thread) If Asia is skipped this season, I hope they really visit the Philippines soon, perhaps the next season. :)
Anyway, on to my spec. Because of the suggestion from the CVWLTS thread, I think they'll be heading off to SouthAm or Oceania. If not, they could also head south to Africa, where spoilers are hard to get. ;)

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #673 on: June 17, 2014, 07:23:04 AM »
I like the island theme idea. I also want the Philippines to be visited soon. I'm guessing right now that TAR's trying to skip Asia. (because of the suggestion from the CVWLTS Thread) If Asia is skipped this season, I hope they really visit the Philippines soon, perhaps the next season. :)
Anyway, on to my spec. Because of the suggestion from the CVWLTS thread, I think they'll be heading off to SouthAm or Oceania. If not, they could also head south to Africa, where spoilers are hard to get. ;)

I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY doubt they would follow stuff from that thread to be honest. They MAY read it, but that doesn't mean they're gonna follow every single thing in that thread. :P

Offline chkl

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #674 on: June 17, 2014, 07:29:28 AM »
Bertram van Munster was in Manila a couple of months ago for a meeting re: TAR PH season 2. Watch this video of van Munster saying "we've been in the Philippines several times, I think it's time we would come back" (watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQfonAL8SCs). Reading between the lines, maybe he was in the PH to scout some locations for TAR25.