Author Topic: TAR 25 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 321994 times)

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 25 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #275 on: June 06, 2014, 12:59:17 AM »
I thought of this thing just now.
The Save is very powerful, but it is no use if the save holder lost his/her/their passport/s.
The Save is TOO STRONG.

But how can Producers plan when the Save is used? Do they have Speed Bumps planned for every leg?
Non-Elimination Penalty Roulette! or Pick a Non-Elimination Penalty Out of a Cluebox!  :yess:

So I was just saying that the save is no match for lost passports, but the NEL Roulette or Cluebox pick sound awesome. :luvya:

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #276 on: June 06, 2014, 04:33:55 AM »
Do we have any pics of the lighthouse pitstop in leg 3?
I believe the final memory is based on the pitstops.

Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #277 on: June 06, 2014, 05:08:38 AM »

How do you know Pit stop of leg 3 is the lighthouse?

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #278 on: June 06, 2014, 05:13:31 AM »

How do you know Pit stop of leg 3 is the lighthouse?

Live sightings
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #279 on: June 06, 2014, 05:27:50 AM »
Can you link us to the post?? I've check the thread three times now and can't find it...

Offline JSM

• RFF Jr. Member

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #282 on: June 06, 2014, 05:57:14 AM »
Thanks JSM!

Offline TheWorldIsWaiting24

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #283 on: June 06, 2014, 09:43:36 AM »
The Save is very powerful, but it is no use if the save holder lost his/her/their passport/s.
The Save is TOO STRONG.

But how can Producers plan when the Save is used? Do they have Speed Bumps planned for every leg?
Non-Elimination Penalty Roulette! or Pick a Non-Elimination Penalty Out of a Cluebox!  :yess:

So I was just saying that the save is no match for lost passports, but the NEL Roulette or Cluebox pick sound awesome. :luvya:

Maybe someone can explain this to me but isn't the reason that they have planned NELs is so that they get the correct number of visas to the next country? I read in an interview I think at some point that said that the producers needed to get the visas well in advance, so how could that work when a team can use the save at any point?

Offline the_icon

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Full Member
  • the_icon
    • Twitter
« Reply #284 on: June 06, 2014, 09:54:20 AM »
The Save is TOO STRONG.

Maybe someone can explain this to me but isn't the reason that they have planned NELs is so that they get the correct number of visas to the next country? I read in an interview I think at some point that said that the producers needed to get the visas well in advance, so how could that work when a team can use the save at any point?

Maybe just in good preparation?

Offline magic823

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #285 on: June 06, 2014, 10:09:44 AM »
They will get a visa for each country (and a few to throw the contestants off) that the race intends to visit for all the contestants. It takes awhile to get some of them so they have to do all. I know when I visited Brazil they needed 4-6 weeks of lead time.

Steve

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #286 on: June 06, 2014, 10:29:55 AM »
My belief is that if this new Save is used, then the second to last team on that leg will be eliminated. It can be done,as that's what happened essentially in seasons one and three in Phuket and in Lisbon respectively.

So I do not expect a NEL to emerge as a result of using the Save.
-- theschnauzers

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #287 on: June 06, 2014, 10:31:54 AM »
I think that would be highly unfair to eliminate the team above them.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #288 on: June 06, 2014, 10:41:50 AM »
My belief is that if this new Save is used, then the second to last team on that leg will be eliminated. It can be done,as that's what happened essentially in seasons one and three in Phuket and in Lisbon respectively.

I was thinking the same scenario.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #289 on: June 06, 2014, 11:20:31 AM »
IMO, I think they'll eliminate 2 teams on the next leg if the save is used, unless the save user used it on a NEL.
The possibilities are too many. You won't even know if it could be a midpoint elimination on the leg after the save was used.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #290 on: June 06, 2014, 11:31:36 AM »
IMO, I think they'll eliminate 2 teams on the next leg if the save is used, unless the save user used it on a NEL.

That should be the most logical option if the second to last team is not eliminated. Remember that having SB ready in every leg just because the save changes an EL into an NEL means increase the budget.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline foreverhoping

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #291 on: June 06, 2014, 11:51:23 AM »

During the finals interview week, you leave your passports with the producers who then procure any and all visas, including some extras to throw off the racers.  You receive the passports back the day the race starts.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #292 on: June 06, 2014, 03:46:30 PM »

Well that would suck for the 2nd to last team.

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #293 on: June 06, 2014, 04:45:18 PM »
By the way, what are the possibilities to get out of Shetland Islands? Are we probably waiting for them to take a ferry back to the main British Island? What should we expect now? When? Just to know whether we have some more news about them

Offline clemsonbeav

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #294 on: June 06, 2014, 05:07:49 PM »
By the way, what are the possibilities to get out of Shetland Islands? Are we probably waiting for them to take a ferry back to the main British Island? What should we expect now? When? Just to know whether we have some more news about them

I'd think they'd take a flight out of Lerwick into Edinburgh/Glasgow and then onto their next destination, instead of taking the 12.5 hr ferry again, where they'd then fly anyway.  When?  Idk.  Where after that?  Idk.  *crosses fingers for West Africa*

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #295 on: June 06, 2014, 07:43:24 PM »
That also depends on what production wants to do with the Fords the teams drove onto the Shetlands via Ferry. They may want the teams to drive back using the ferries, and allow Phil, Bertram and production to fly out of Lerwick.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Tar25fan

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #296 on: June 06, 2014, 07:47:23 PM »
I don't think that makes sense. It's already day 7 out of 20-24, and they only did 3 legs. It will take too much time

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #297 on: June 06, 2014, 08:46:59 PM »
I don't think that makes sense. It's already day 7 out of 20-24, and they only did 3 legs. It will take too much time
I think you're underestimating travel time.
However, they may have begun Leg 4 by now. Who knows?
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #298 on: June 07, 2014, 11:07:11 AM »
They might've finished L4 by now.
 :pray: for more spoilers. :lol:

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #299 on: June 07, 2014, 11:42:09 AM »

I'd think they'd take a flight out of Lerwick into Edinburgh/Glasgow and then onto their next destination, instead of taking the 12.5 hr ferry again, where they'd then fly anyway.  When?  Idk.  Where after that?  Idk.  *crosses fingers for West Africa*

I don't think the producers will take the chance to visit West Africa, given the threat of Ebola now.