Author Topic: TAR 25 Contestants *spoilers*  (Read 50414 times)

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 25 Contestants *spoilers*
« Reply #75 on: May 31, 2014, 03:17:32 PM »
About Isabelle Du, she is Vietnamese-American. She is a model/actress. She acted in one Vietnamese drama series call 'Nữ vệ sĩ' (Female bodyguard). I did not watch any Vietnamese drama for a long time so I did not realize her.  :groan:

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #76 on: May 31, 2014, 03:58:17 PM »
I did search about red team because it seems to be that everyone is not interested in firefighters M/M team.
However, I found out very interesting information about this team.

Michael Ward helped rescue Boston Marathon attack victims when he was off-duty. Here is his interview.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/video/8790251-off-duty-firefighter-helped-rescue-marathon-attack-victims/

Photo of this teams:

Scott

Michael (grey T-shirt) and I think Scott stand right behind the woman.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #77 on: May 31, 2014, 04:36:28 PM »
Let me know if I've confused someone somewhere (especially the same-sex teams)!

Why is Bethany not clapping? ??? :funny:

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #78 on: May 31, 2014, 04:41:35 PM »
OK, so I'm not sure where really to post this, but as it's about a team I'll put in the Contestant Thread.  :lol:

Now that I'm over my initial concerns and worries about this cast, I actually think it has the potential to be one the best we've seen in a quite a while, even though I said different not 3 Hours ago in the BMS Thread.  :funny:

Anyway, I can't wait to watch Robbie & Brooke.  I don't watch TNA anymore but have been an avid WWE watcher for years, and I remember Brooke when she was there back 7 or 8 years ago.
I just can't believe we're finally getting a proper (more famous, recognisable) team of Pro-Wrestlers.   :yess:
I'm sure SamuelDude is with me......... If he / she reads this.... :lol:

So yeah, that's my pointless post for my reasoning for rooting for them.  Here's hoping they aren't eliminated early!  :hoot:

P.S Neobie, did you really just go there?? :groan:
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 04:55:27 PM by nmccarroll91 »
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #79 on: May 31, 2014, 04:43:55 PM »

Please, let's not do that...

Forgot to say this... Looks like red team, Michael&Scott will be the jokesters of the season. Hopefully they'll do great, I don't remember if we have ever had a fire fighter that goes far in the race...
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 04:53:55 PM by Vitoko »

Offline coolio

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #80 on: May 31, 2014, 04:50:59 PM »
That is literally one of the worst things I have ever read on this site. Are you seriously making fun of someone who lost a limb in an accident, and has the courage to not only overcome that disability, but appear on a national television show? She's worked so hard to overcome her disability, and people like you who make light of it are doing nothing but hurting both her, and your reputation. I suggest you edit that out of your post immediately.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #81 on: May 31, 2014, 04:56:16 PM »
Not the time and the place (thread) to start bickering - keep this thread compact! I am sure it was light-hearted knowing Neobie. And please, a lot of the above comments are speculation, discussion and essentially choosing favourite teams. That goes in spec / discussion etc. Not in a Contestants SPOILERS thread :)  :hrt:
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 05:00:02 PM by Kiwi Jay »
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #82 on: May 31, 2014, 05:01:03 PM »
Forgot to say this... Looks like red team, Michael&Scott will be the jokesters of the season. Hopefully they'll do great, I don't remember if we have ever had a fire fighter that goes far in the race...

Am I right in saying though that we haven't even had a Fire Fighter team other than Matt & Daniel in TAR 22, and Damon or Andre in TAR 3. (Can't mind which one was the Fireman?)   ???

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #83 on: May 31, 2014, 05:05:49 PM »

Am I right in saying though that we haven't even had a Fire Fighter team other than Matt & Daniel in TAR 22, and Damon or Andre in TAR 3. (Can't mind which one was the Fireman?)   ???

nmccarroll91 - Just a heads up, this is speculation and discussion - which should be in a separate thread - not this SPOILERS thread! Need to keep this tight!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #84 on: May 31, 2014, 05:12:22 PM »

nmccarroll91 - Just a heads up, this is speculation and discussion - which should be in a separate thread - not this SPOILERS thread! Need to keep this tight!

Soz - I've been here long enough now that I should know where to post. Actually not even sure why I posted here. :lol:
But, Sorry again... :)

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #85 on: May 31, 2014, 05:54:27 PM »
What a spoiled cast tbh :lol:

So quick <3

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #86 on: May 31, 2014, 05:56:24 PM »
OK, so I'm not sure where really to post this, but as it's about a team I'll put in the Contestant Thread.  :lol:

Now that I'm over my initial concerns and worries about this cast, I actually think it has the potential to be one the best we've seen in a quite a while, even though I said different not 3 Hours ago in the BMS Thread.  :funny:

Anyway, I can't wait to watch Robbie & Brooke.  I don't watch TNA anymore but have been an avid WWE watcher for years, and I remember Brooke when she was there back 7 or 8 years ago.
I just can't believe we're finally getting a proper (more famous, recognisable) team of Pro-Wrestlers.   :yess:
I'm sure SamuelDude is with me......... If he / she reads this.... :lol:

So yeah, that's my pointless post for my reasoning for rooting for them.  Here's hoping they aren't eliminated early!  :hoot:

P.S Neobie, did you really just go there?? :groan:

It'll be good exposure for TNA even the company isn't that great. Brooke hasn't been on TV for a while and Robbie E just lost the Tag Titles a few weeks ago.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline foreverhoping

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #87 on: May 31, 2014, 07:20:45 PM »

That's one of the FUNNIEST things I have ever read on here.  I know Bethany makes those kinds of jokes about herself.  Good call!!!

Offline Tar25fan

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #88 on: May 31, 2014, 07:27:25 PM »
Good job finding pictures of the firemen, I didnt find any of them

Offline eddiethejet

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #89 on: June 01, 2014, 01:22:39 AM »
Good job finding pictures of the firemen, I didnt find any of them

i found the firemen...cant post personal fb pics so i wont.  they seem like great guys.

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #90 on: June 01, 2014, 01:35:38 AM »
Anyone found out something about mother & daughter team?

Offline Tar25fan

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #91 on: June 01, 2014, 09:45:35 AM »
I don't think so. This team we may only find out on CBS release in august

Btw not sure if anyone posted but here is a video of Misti, dentist and Mrs Galaxy Internacional 2013
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7SbI5S-hDrQ

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #92 on: June 01, 2014, 11:28:52 AM »
Anyone found out something about mother & daughter team?
Shelley & Nici are from Detroit and I'd suspect Shelley's a single mother who works odd hours. They most likely are in the race for the money as Detroit is a financially unstable major city.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline foreverhoping

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #93 on: June 01, 2014, 11:39:05 AM »
Shelley & Nici are from Detroit and I'd suspect Shelley's a single mother who works odd hours. They most likely are in the race for the money as Detroit is a financially unstable major city.

Wow now that's one of the most unfair, stupid, unintelligent statements I have ever read.  So then by your reasoning, everyone in Detroit, is a single mother who works odd hours, and is financially unstable and needs the money just because she is from Detroit? Ignorant to say the least!

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #94 on: June 01, 2014, 12:12:57 PM »

Wow now that's one of the most unfair, stupid, unintelligent statements I have ever read.  So then by your reasoning, everyone in Detroit, is a single mother who works odd hours, and is financially unstable and needs the money just because she is from Detroit? Ignorant to say the least!

Calm down, guys.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #95 on: June 01, 2014, 12:14:23 PM »
Keep in mind folks that in CBS's media relations eyes, being from Detroit could include the nearby suburbs of Detroit.
While the city itself is in bankruptcy reorganization, that does not mean everyone living in the area is in bankruptcy, many private corporations are doing just fine there (i.e., auto manudacturers) and others, and there's a resettlement boomlet under way as new businesses incubate in previously abandoned and cleared neighborhoods, artists and creative types have been floaking to resettle some of those neighborhoods.

Detroit's debt is mostly related to the huge unpaid pension liability it has to retired city employees such as police, fire, EMTs, and so forth. The economic recessions of the past 20 to 30 years already drove away many of those who couldn't find work, and there's been a plan underway in that city for years to tear down abandoned homes and building whose owners or landlords have allowed to fall into disrepair. Many of those lots are now blocks and blocks of grass.

So if the team from Detroit are dentists, that does not mean they're not doing well financially, there is a shortage of medical professionals in the US, including dentists, so I wouldn't mix their possible personal situations with the situation of the public sector in that area.
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #96 on: June 01, 2014, 07:48:52 PM »
RUDENESS TO EACH OTHER WILL NOT BE TOLERATED! Knock it off!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline cinni

• mind is tiffany twisted
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
always remember....when life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over!

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #98 on: June 03, 2014, 12:11:09 AM »
Errr... Back to topic? <3

I gotta say it is a not-so-diverse cast, but I really feel excited about them. Seems like quite a lot of teams will be fun to watch.

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #99 on: June 03, 2014, 12:33:38 AM »
Errr... Back to topic? <3

I gotta say it is a not-so-diverse cast, but I really feel excited about them. Seems like quite a lot of teams will be fun to watch.

Appear to be unique teams, We haven't had a pro-wrestling team that is on a international level. Hoping that Bethany and Adam are sort of like Amy & Daniel but don't go out as early.
It's Clobbering Time!