Author Topic: Mustang Club of Switzerland (MCS) speaks about TAR  (Read 3918 times)

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Mustang Club of Switzerland (MCS) speaks about TAR
« on: May 22, 2014, 09:06:09 AM »

I'm glad to finally share with our members the ongoing correspondence I've been having with René Suter, the President of the Mustang Club of Switzerland.  Now that René is no longer bound by his non-disclosure agreement with TAR, he has kindly agreed to answer my questions regarding the behind the scenes activities he and his club members experienced during filming of TAR24 Leg 9 in Lucerne Switzerland.

Among the questions posed to René were "how was the Mustang Club approached to provide the classic cars for the show?  Did WRP contact you directly?"

His full response follows:

Hi

The first contact took place with Ford USA. From our side were my deputy and I present on site during filming.

There were many people on the spot. From the Productions Company as well as from Ford.

Generally I can say that we invariably had a very professional and very pleasant cooperation.

We are of course proud that we were able to attend such an important production.

We also made photos 'behind the scenes'. But until now I did not get permission to publish the Pictures on our Website.

Best  regards

René

Mustang Club of Switzerland (MCS) website (translated)

Looking forward to seeing the behind-the-scene TAR photos when they are posted on their site.  Thanks once again to René Suter and the fine folks at MCS.   :hoot:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Mustang Club of Switzerland (MCS) speaks about TAR
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 03:33:54 AM »
:tu Boingo and René Suter!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2014, 03:00:03 PM »
Thanks for posting this and thanks to René Suter.
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2014, 01:07:12 PM »

"Behind the scenes" TAR pix from Mustang Club of Switzerland

:hoot:  Once again our new friend, René Suter, President of the Mustang Club of Swizerland, has delivered as promised and posted (on their website) many "behind the scenes" photos of the TAR24 task in Lucerne, Switzerland.

2014 Amazing Race pix or slideshow

Among the pix of the crew setting up the location are shots of Phil and even BVM.  Cool stuff.

Thanks once again to René and the fine folks at MCS.   :yess:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2014, 01:21:36 PM »
Awesome fun to see! Thanks Boingo!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2014, 10:04:32 AM »
Thanks for the photos. I was wondering when WRP would get around to using drones: it looks like a bridge between crane cameras and helicopters. They're probably easy to use in Europe, but you have to jump through legal hoops in the USA because of the FAA.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2014, 10:23:21 AM »
I saw the little helicopter multiple armed gizmo!! Do you think we can get one for spoiling? :funny:
RFF's Golden Rule: