Author Topic: Survivor 29 News and Media  (Read 19522 times)

MrDeerShank

Re: Survivor 29 News
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2014, 06:58:02 PM »
I can't find the article I was reading again (ugh, my Internet...) but Exile Island will be returning in replace of Redemption Island!

MrDeerShank

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2014, 07:01:07 PM »
Found the article...

Full 'Survivor: San Juan del Sur' cast and twists (Exile Island) revealed

Earlier today, Entertainment Weekly exclusively revealed six of the players who would be competing on Survivor: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water. Now the rest of the cast — which is comprised of pairs of loved ones — that will be challenging for the million dollars can be announced as well. In addition to previously disclosed controversial former baseball player John Rocker and his girlfriend Julie McGee, Amazing Race twins Nadiya and Natalie Anderson, and Broadway boyfriends Reed Kelly and Josh Canfield, there will be 12 other contestants.

Originally there were supposed to be 20 contestants total, but one pair was forced to drop out after a medical check-up just days before filming began in Nicaragua. “We lost a pair of women, so the way it works out is there are more men than women,” host Jeff Probst tells us. “That’s just the game. We don’t like it that way but that’s the way it’s going to start.” Among the pairs that will be playing in season 29 are a married cop and a firefighter, Miss Michigan 2013 and her boyfriend, as well as a cheerleading mother and daughter team. (See the full contestant list as well as video interviews with all the teams below.)

Jeff Probst told EW back in May that the Redemption Island twist would return for this season, but then production scrapped that plan when they came up with another idea at the last minute instead — to bring back Exile Island. A twist that was introduced in season 12 (Panama) and discontinued after season 18 (Tocantins), Exile Island is where contestants were sent away from the rest of their tribe to live on their own in between challenges. Making Exile Island even more brutal this time around is that your loved one will be sending you there after a one-on-one duel. “You’ve got to go up against your loved one and here are the stakes,” explains Probst. “Winner gets reward. Loser goes to Exile Island. Where it’s going to really suck. And it’s going to suck because you put ‘em there!”

However, there is a silver lining in the form of a clue at Exile Island to the location of a hidden immunity idol back at camp. “The good news is you at least have a shot at finding the immunity idol,” says Probst. “And it’s up to you if you want to share that there was a clue or not. The complication is, that clue will lead you back to your beach where the idol is hidden, so you’re going to have to dig it up while everybody else is there. So nothing’s going to be easy this season, but I really do believe that the game play is ratcheting it up so we have to ratchet up with it, so we’re trying to complicate it as much as we can.”

Of course, the other twist is the inclusion of John Rocker in the cast. Will he be recognized by the other contestants for his World Series-playing baseball career? And will they recall his controversial statements in a Sports Illustrated article from 1999. “I find John Rocker a perfect fit for this show because of all the baggage he brings in,” says Probst. “I like John Rocker being on the show because he has massive obstacles to overcome.”

We’ll see if he can overcome them when Survivor: San Juan del Sur premieres on CBS with a special 90-minute episode on Sept. 24 at 8pm. The full cast list can be found below the cast interviews in the video player below. Also make sure to check out our photo gallery of the contestants. And for more Survivor scoop all season long, follow Dalton on Twitter @DaltonRoss.#

Link: http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/08/27/survivor-san-juan-del-sur-cast-twists-revealed/

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2014, 06:02:12 AM »

The first episode's quote has been revealed!

Offline coolio

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2014, 12:16:21 PM »
Sounds like a Twinnie quote tbh <3

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2014, 01:16:15 PM »
Sounds like a Twinnie quote tbh <3
I thought so, too.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2014, 04:36:39 PM »
New Dalton Ross article:
Pair removed, possible final 2, and a new video of the arrivals!

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/09/08/survivor-jeff-probst-san-juan-del-sur-final-2/
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2014, 03:59:17 AM »
Would the Survivors vote off their loved one?

New Dalton Ross ET video:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/09/10/survivor-san-juan-del-sur-blood-vs-water-cast-loved-ones-video/
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Survivor 29 News and Media
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2014, 01:45:09 PM »
Great article and video of what Jeff thinks about the Twinnies on Survivor!

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/09/15/survivor-host-jeff-probst-twinnies-hayden-moss/

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2014, 01:48:02 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DfnaIAsSt0

Jeff's cast assessment!! :conf:

Aaand the title of episode 2 is up:
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 01:51:44 PM by Marionete »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2014, 11:47:37 AM »

'Survivor' host Jeff Probst names his favorites for this season

By Dalton Ross on Sep 22, 2014 at 12:00PM

See the video chat here:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/09/22/survivor-jeff-probst-san-juan-del-sur-favorites/
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2014, 11:25:04 AM »

MGM Buys 55% of Mark Burnett Ventures

Reality-Show Producer Sought Partner to Fuel Growth

By
Keach Hagey and Ben Fritz

Updated Sept. 22, 2014 11:38 p.m. ET

Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Inc. acquired a 55% stake in "Survivor" producer Mark Burnett's various television and film production ventures, folding them into its storied but dormant United Artists banner.

The studio behind "The Hobbit," the James Bond series and "RoboCop," paid about $400 million for the assets, said people familiar with the matter. MGM is controlled by a group of hedge funds led by Anchorage Capital Group LLC.

The deal's structure is complex. MGM is investing in both One Three Media, a joint venture between Mr. Burnett and Hearst Corp. that produced unscripted shows like "The Voice," and LightWorkers Media, Mr. Burnett's venture with his wife, Roma Downey, which has produced scripted fare like "The Bible."

Mr. Burnett, a British-American producer, is widely credited with popularizing the reality-television genre with "Survivor" well over a decade ago and remains one of the most prolific producers on TV. As part of the transaction, MGM is also acquiring interests in unscripted shows Mr. Burnett produced, such as "Survivor," "Shark Tank," and "The Apprentice."

The investment caps several months of talks between Mr. Burnett's businesses and Hollywood studios, as the producer hunted for more money to fuel the growth of his television empire. The Wall Street Journal reported last month that Mr. Burnett was looking to sell a stake in One Three Media, three years after he formed his 50-50 joint venture with Hearst.

"This started with Mark calling me with this idea that we ought to be open to—and to look for—a partner who could help us grow faster, get us into new formats, get us into new markets, new countries and new ideas," Steven Swartz, Hearst's CEO, said in an interview.

MGM's investment comes as studios are increasingly betting on television for growth to offset their slower growing, lower-margin movie business. Viacom Inc.'s Paramount Pictures launched a television division last year, while Sony Pictures CEO Michael Lynton has said he is putting more emphasis on his company's television business than movies.

The new United Artists Media Group will make content across all platforms, including scripted and non-scripted television programs, movies and digital content, with Mr. Burnett serving as CEO.

The venture will also launch a streaming online video channel aimed at religious audiences featuring Christian music videos, sermons from religious leaders and short user-generated religious videos.

"We think they are unparalleled in this arena," said Gary Barber, MGM's chief executive.

http://online.wsj.com/articles/mgm-buys-55-of-mark-burnett-production-company-1411408913
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2014, 08:59:33 PM »
Not sure where to put this, but my friend's father took Alec & Drew Christy on a fishing trip (before Survivor:BvW). They admire him for his fishing skills, and told the family that they would be on the show, as my friend's mother is a fan of Survivor. She told me that the boys were both very arrogant and narcissistic. How true!
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax