Author Topic: How was TAR24 overall?  (Read 10452 times)

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
How was TAR24 overall?
« on: May 19, 2014, 08:24:25 AM »
For me, this season isn't the best... and probably the worst. :(
Here're the things pulling TAR24 down. (IMO)
1.) Two-thirds of the race visited 4 countries only. :(
2.) Three continents for an all-star season.
3.) Even though I liked almost all of the teams towards their respective ends, the cast from the beginning wasn't very... :res: *sigh*
4.) The flights in legs 3 and 4. :res: (I don't like TAR doing the flights for them, but if they have to, I hope they wouldn't pull the teams too far apart.)
5.) Leg 1 task design. :res:
6.) Hybrid team downfall. (I'm not against all hybrid teams.)
7.) SLT without a little penalty or big time consumption. (at least the latter, like the one in TAR20)
8.) Lack of new countries. :(
9.) Some of the tasks are pretty boring. :(
10.) Shortened intro in all episodes save the first and the last.
11.) 3-peaters. (I like them all towards the end, but I would definitely want to see the "other" teams more, or their racing experiences wouldn't be equal at all.)

What made the season a little better (but still couldn't make up from the season's bad burns): (IMO)
1.) Drama, which is always lurking around in almost every season.
2.) Some new records in TAR history. (definitely there almost all the time)
3.) The great locations: Orvieto (not the leg drama please), Switzerland, Seville, Malaysia night leg, Finale night leg
4.) The close pit stop finishes.
5.) Leg 10 is the best. (IMO)
6.) Finale as night leg! :conf:
7.) Some tasks are good. (Unfortunately, most of them are bad or boring. :( )

What TAR should do:
1.) Make Leg 1 better!!! :hoot: :hoot: :hoot: (I hope a member from the task design team sees this, at least this.)
2.) Make new twists and bring back the great classic twists (midpoint elimination (even if it's not in leg 1), yield, intersection, etc...)
3.) New NEL penalty, (I'm tired of the speedbump, who isn't? They changed the ones from the earlier season, so I think they should change from time to time.)
4.) A better penultimate leg. (I got bored with that episode I wasn't able to write a commentary/review for it.)

There's a lot more and I can't remember all of them. I know most people here will add the winners which they don't like (and which I'm fine with) and Leg 6 (which is just an "okay" leg for me).

For me TAR24 is the worst season. :( But I hope TAR25 will be great! :hearts: How about you? How's the season overall?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 08:29:26 AM by Platrium »

Offline WinTar

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: How was TAR24 overall?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 08:35:49 AM »
Horrid.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 09:02:24 AM »
I LOVED the tasks. The cast and the route could have been better, but in the end, it was a pretty good season, imo.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Don Task

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2014, 04:53:08 PM »
It was the 24th best season so far! I loved Las Vegas leg and I liked KL night leg and soccer task @ Liverpool.

But first 8 episodes and only 4 countries? Phil didnt even mentioned number of countries during the winners announcement. No new countries and 4 countries in the first 8 episodes totally disgusted me the whole season. :-(

I've been always excited to see a new episode. I've been counting down the hours to the next episode... but during this season I have been bored to watch it. :(

MrDeerShank

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2014, 05:06:59 PM »
Anybody who complains about 3 continents on a returning racer season should consider that they have already raced before so I think that to be honest, they should be limited to which countries they go to

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2014, 06:47:12 PM »
Lazy and exemplified all that is wrong with contemporary TAR: bad cast, poor Leg design, uninspired tasks, horrible route.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2014, 07:20:04 PM »
Cheesy.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2014, 07:33:34 PM »
Average, specially because it assumed to be an "All-Stars". On a normal season it would be a good season overall, but not when you supposedly have the finest racing again.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2014, 08:43:33 PM »

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2014, 08:50:53 PM »
As I've said before, If this was a normal season it wouldn't be that bad but because it was an "all stars" Season the expectations go higher for where they go, the cast, the challenges and so forth. It just didn't bring it. The hand-holding by a lot of teams was at a ridiculous point. The casting was probably the worst for an " all stars " season, I mean All Stars and Unfinished Business had some odd casting issues but most of the teams that should of been there were there and that balanced it out.

Definitely the weakest season finale which is a shame because a night leg in Vegas has so much promise. A weak first leg as well. I only properly enjoyed one leg which was Leg 6 and it was the only leg that was worthy of being in an All Stars season.

I'd give this season on a scale of 1 - 10, a 3 out of 10. Really disappointing and it is a shame because we know that they can do good All Stars seasons.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2014, 09:45:28 PM »
Leg Design: 6/10 (I didn't think the tasks were half-bad - honestly some of them were quite creative. Example: Poetry Roadblock in Leg 11.)
Route: 4/10 (Not terrifically exciting, too few continents and too many repeat countries.)
Cast: 1/10 (Just horrid - who needs Flight Time & Big Easy or Jet & Cord again? And Margie & Luke didn't even want to win anyway.)
Editing: 4/10 (The editors are just evil for killing the intro sequence - but I did hear some old background tunes that I've missed! :hrt:)
Outcome: 9/10 (Truly a great outcome - my favorite team won, and all the 3-peat teams were eliminated.)

Overall: 4/10 (Slightly bad.)
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2014, 09:47:28 PM »
I've been disappointed with the whole season since RFF spoiled the cast. There was nothing in particular that brought it back from being not terrible.

Offline AmazingRaceFan100

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2014, 10:22:04 PM »
I thought the season was okay. I was happy Dave and Connor won. 

My favorite leg was Leg 4 when they were still in Malaysia. I liked watching the Master Mix detour, expect when Luke smashed the glasses.

The only thing that made the season boring, though, was reading the spoilers before hand and having an idea of who was getting eliminated and who was going to win. That's what I get, though for reading the spoilers.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2014, 11:20:39 PM »
 :hello2: and :bigwelcome to RFF, AmazingRaceFan100!

Offline AmazingRaceFan100

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2014, 07:25:51 AM »
:hello2: and :bigwelcome to RFF, AmazingRaceFan100!

Thank You!

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2014, 08:04:02 AM »
 :gaah: Why is everyone else (especially the Dave & Connor supporters) seemingly not bothered that they won with an 8-5 Roadblock split? I'm sorry that I keep bringing this up, but is it really an open-and-shut case?
I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

Offline The Queen V

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Here comes the queen!
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2014, 09:31:07 AM »
Putrid season overall. One of the worst - if not the worst.

Offline zythr

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2014, 11:16:55 AM »
Very disappointing.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2014, 02:34:25 PM »
very meh
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2014, 02:11:28 PM »
First the bad Things:

1. L.A. start! :gaah:
2. First 2 legs in the same city.
3. Not that many famous landmarks showcased, from the Places they went (how can they go to Liverpool, without anything Beatles related)!!!!
4. Only 3 Continents visited!  :gaah: :gaah: :gaah: :gaah:

Then the good Things:

1. Night legs!  :hearts:
2. Leg 8 in Italy, Leg 9 in Switzerland and Leg 10 in Spain.
3. Night finish in Las Vegas!  :conf: :conf: :conf: :conf:

Overall not a good Season for me, hope that The Amazing Race 25 makes it good!!!!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 02:20:04 PM by TARFansurvivor »
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2014, 05:49:21 PM »
Platrium, you basically covered all my reasons why I didn't like this season.

It was obvious budget cutbacks were made:

-The tasks were cheap - especially in the second half of the season - and a few of them I recognized as rehashes from other versions (in Sri Lanka and Switzerland).
-The route went to less countries, none of them new.
-For an All-Star season, about half this cast wasn't worthy of the title. The first All-Stars pretty much nailed it.

I've watched all 24 seasons and this was possibly, in my opinion, the worst season since Family Edition.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 05:53:33 PM by Maanca »

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2014, 11:33:20 PM »
One thing I specifically hated in the season was the hotel clean up task in Switzerland. It was a great attention-to-detail task but they highlighted the stupid rocker angle instead of the country's top hotel services. Plus, they could have made it a Roadblock (but Connor then would have done 9 RBs).
I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2014, 04:39:38 PM »
^ This.

Plus, no Roadblock in KL2, China, Malaysia, Sri Lanka and Italy double legs 4 times in a row, interesting teams getting eliminated first, constantly focusing on Dave and Connor's precious injury.

I rank this season my Bottom 3 of all-time, along with TAR 9 and TAR 20.

MrDeerShank

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2014, 08:13:01 PM »
KL2 did have a Roadblock - the Sabah flag catch

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2014, 04:06:28 AM »
KL2 did have a Roadblock - the Sabah flag catch

Oh my god lol. Shows how much I can't remember the tasks this season. It was a horrible placement of task then.