Author Topic: TAR 24 East Coast EP 12 FINALE updates & commentary **Please read the rules**  (Read 102236 times)

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
Nate/Jen were awful too yw

OMG go get your taste checked Nate & Jen were one of the like three good teams in TAR12 and one of them is Kate & Pat so

Also you like TAR18 goths so

Goths are amazing both seasons and you rank the priests top 3 and say I have no taste  :res:

Goths are only good when they melt down yw and they didn't do that much and really all the TAR12 teams were pretty **** and it was a difficult season to get through and the F3 sucks.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I liked most of TAR12's cast <3 and goths were really good <3 I liked them better in TAR12 than TAR18 though.

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
Cowboys weren't as bad as I thought they would be, to be honest Dave & Connor sort of stole the spotlight from them after like Leg 3.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I liked most of TAR12's cast <3 and goths were really good <3 I liked them better in TAR12 than TAR18 though.

It was funny actually, it's like they were two different personalities on both seasons :lol:

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Cowboys weren't as bad as I thought they would be, to be honest Dave & Connor sort of stole the spotlight from them after like Leg 3.

This appearance was DEFINITELY better than their UB appearance.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster

TAR12 had 4-5 memorable teams so it was a great season with turrible winners </3

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Trainwreck goths>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>MORPP goths

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES

This appearance was DEFINITELY better than their UB appearance.

Agreed, Actually all of the three-timers were more likeable than their UB appearance.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
Crying now cuz goths should've been a 3peat

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster

TAR12 had 4-5 memorable teams so it was a great season with turrible winners </3

Memorable =/= good and there were three at most

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Don't worry SteKay, at least your favourite team won!!!!!!

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster

I would've preferred a carojen win but at least brenchel didnt win <3

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
Well with the amount of prices they won, they'll have to pay a LOT of income tax on them so they won't really have much leftover.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster

I would've preferred a carojen win but at least brenchel didnt win <3

Your Brenchel hate is as illogical as your zlata hate and should not exist

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
0verall season score
Each leg worth 10 points

1 a 6
2 a 7
3 a 5
4 a 6
5 a 6
6 a 7
7 a 7
8 a 6
9 a 5
10 a 6
11 a 6
12 a 7

74 out of 120
It was not a good season
Cast ok
Route terrible
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline GonzaloChileno

• RFF Frantic Poster
I disliked Phil's hosting style this time around, he talked too much at the Finish Line, the announcement of team's  placements in every leg was boring and lacked of any tension or drama, and his comments lacked of the neutrality needed from a host in this kind of shows, bring back the Phil from old seasons...
Charla&MirnaLover<3

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
The only truly all-star worthy leg was Leg 6 easily.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
Worst winners ever. Agreed.

Ernie and Cindy?

That's the top two by a mile...
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Let's have a great finale!  :hoot:

Wow, such a little finale - and I'm not talking about the winners -. I guess I saw better final legs designs in the Fantasy Game board here   :groan: .

I think every fantasy leg ever designed on RFF is better than this. By a long way.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster

I do too. TAR12 cast was brilliant. And in hindsight TK & Rachel aren't so bad just because we have had so many worse winners.

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I thought this actual been good season

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Leg Rankings: (Scored By Episode And Design)

Leg 6: A close second to Leg 4. Leg 6’s Roadblock (though a WTF task by design) was hilariously crazy, (Come On Green! Green! Green! <3) and it was overall a great episode filled with one of the best races ever for first  place in the past few seasons. The Detour wasn’t as fun as the Roadblock, but overall, this was a good episode. AND it had an Active Route Info! Not a challenging one, but it was still pleasant.
Episode:9/10, Leg Design: 8/10

Leg 4: Perhaps one of the most fun I have ever had with a replacement leg. Kuala Lumpur was gorgeous at night, the Roadblock, though linear, was fun and cultural for what it was, and even though the whole leg was RB-Fly-DT-Pit Stop, the Detour was challenging, (not cultural to Malaysia but oh well) and well done either way. One of the few legs I genuinely love in this season.  And I don't even know why :lol:
Episode: 8/10, Leg Design: 9/10

Leg 11: A definite third. We had a very nice extra soccer task in Liverpool, Wales was gorgeous as hell in HD, a very fun Roadblock, and a great Detour just pushes this up the tier of episodes in this season. Episode: 8.5/10, Leg Design: 7/10

Leg 8: A Donkey Detour is a great Detour. We might have just had a direct copied task from Leg 7, but both Detours were well-designed and well planned. The Roadblock though killed the episode portion, because it was pretty damn boring, but oh well.
Episode: 7.5/10, Leg Design: 7.5/10

Leg 9: Despite completely WTF tasks (Cleaning a hotel room? Really?), Switzerland was really really gorgeous in HD, the hotel room task wasn’t as bad as it was, the Ford calculating task was a good Active Route Info, and the Roadblock was a very very physically tiring Roadblock in Switzerland. Mount Titlis was really really gorgeous, and the locations and the surprisingly not-so-bad tasks help save this leg. Episode: 5.5/10, Leg Design: 7/10

Leg 10: While it was fun to see Bulls ram the teams and the Barber Roadblock wasn’t as bad as it could be and Flamenco Dancing was good, Caroline & Jennifer’s Speed Bump was completely meh, and a W-Turn before the Pit Stop directly isn’t fun at all.
Episode: 8/10, Leg Design: 7/10

*gap*

Leg 3: Though the waterfall Roadblock sucked and the Detour was very meh, the rafting in this leg saved it from being too bad. Teams falling down in the water was great too.
Episode: 7.5/10, Leg Design: 6/10

Leg 7: The Gladiator side of the Detour was fun, the Charioteer side was not. Caroline & Jen’s Speed Bump was okay, the Spanish Steps Roadblock was great in concept, but the answer-sharing destroyed this leg. *sighs*
Episode: 6/10, Leg Design: 8/10

*major gap*

Leg 2: Boring. Boring. Boring. The whole episode was powered by Mark/Mallory’s meltdowns, the Roadblock was boring, and Jiang Zi (which I played in P.E once :P) was the best thing of the episode, as we had the seven-team footrace, which wasn’t even as exciting as the spoilers made it seem. *sigh* Episode: 6/10 ,Leg Design: 4/10

Leg 5: A whole snoozefest. The fishing Detour was so boring, the Roadblock was so boring, the Dancing Detour was okay, but Brendon & Rachel’s Speed Bump was the most exciting task of the episode, and in the end, that’s a sign of bad leg design completely.
Episode: 4/10, Leg Design: 2/10

Leg 1: A whole luck task transformed into an Amazing Race leg. Canton Tower task was boring, the wedding shops were boring and pointless, and the Roadblock was just basically “hey look over there they’re so high up in the air adventure time!!!!!!1”. A bad bad start to the season.
Episode: 5/10, Leg Design: 1/10

Leg 12: The David Copperfield task was well produced, but the lightbulbs were meh because teams could just keep yelling numbers until they got it right. Skydiving to the finish line is unique, but it was very very anti-climatic. *sighs*

Episode: 4/10, Leg Design: 3/10

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
Also not including the Family edition, This is the shortest route in the US TAR history at 23,000 miles. Even TAR 21 and TAR 15 had longer routes.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I disliked Phil's hosting style this time around, he talked too much at the Finish Line, the announcement of team's  placements in every leg was boring and lacked of any tension or drama, and his comments lacked of the neutrality needed from a host in this kind of shows, bring back the Phil from old seasons...

I agree - he seemed so fake and pretentious... it feels nothing like TAR. :(

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

I agree - he seemed so fake and pretentious... it feels nothing like TAR. :(

I guess he wasn't excited at all because of the season itself. This season felt like nobody cared at all, and it was sad.