Author Topic: TAR 24 East Coast EP 12 FINALE updates & commentary **Please read the rules**  (Read 102278 times)

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Tied with Eric and Danielle, Flo, and Jamy as the worst winners.

Flo & Zach are actually one of the best winners of the Race.

Jason & Amy were actually good?

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Final Cast Rankings:

Brendon & Rachel: Great. Brendon & Rachel continued to be a very fun and rootable team. They did tasks all by themselves, they toned it down a lot, they had a lot of memorable moments, but unfortunate mistakes at the Finale (and Asian Sterling :res:) did them in. Still, they were the brightest spot of the entire Final 6. And Rachel was very very calm up until the final 2 legs <3

Natalie & Nadiya: They only lasted one leg, but the hilarious fighting hot mess Twinnies were in full force. A HUGE disappointment they didn’t even make the second leg and were screwed by a luck task/leg. :(

Jessica & John: Jessica/John are living proof that even the most WTF racers to bring back can become a <333333 team. Jessica powered through tasks while cocky John was nowhere to be found. They ran through legs being a very very nice engaged team, and the way they went out was completely and horribly sad. I wish them nothing but the best for their future <3

Margie & Luke: Another shocker. After hating them completely on TAR18, Margie/Luke reminded me why I liked them on TAR14 in the first place. Margie was a strong and independent old racer who definitely would have crushed Dave in the old department. Luke, while still melting down on Leg 4 and occasional times, wasn’t as meltdown-y as he was on TAR18, and them being basically screwed over like Chester & Ephraim was surprising and sad. The only bearable three-peater of this cast.

Caroline & Jennifer: While they had some questionable behaviour this time around, i.e them in the “Accidental Alliance” and their whole Leg 2 debacle as well as their answer-sharing, Caroline & Jennifer are definitely NOT a weak team. It sickens me that people would rather criticise them than see them doing well at tasks. (They got the best performance from the non-first flights in Leg 4? They aced the Spanish Steps Roadblock even though they were dead last? They raced in Leg 11 all around in the top 2? They almost won?) Caroline & Jen in the end was a great team, and they should have won the Race. Considering how they lost, it was really really horrible.

Joey & Meghan: They were much more toned down and invisible this time around and perhaps performed as the worst 9th-placers in Amazing Race history. A very very disappointing performance from a very consistent team from TAR22. They still both enjoyed the experience however, and the fact that they are currently friends with the Twinnies is <3.

Mark & Mallory: While Mallory was still bright and happy (for one leg at least), Mark pulled the team down (and NOT Mallory as the FB fans said :res:) Very very sad to see them both implode like that.

Leo & Jamal: The more tolerable and fun Afghanimals return. They raced well, they appreciated their experience, and they were the best M/M team of the season i.e the only tolerable M/M. Very very sad that they came up short in the penultimate leg once again.

*gap*

Flight Time & Big Easy: While they weren’t being incredibly loud and obnoxious like TAR18, they raced absolutely horribly. They were literally stuck in 7th and 6th place for almost the entire Race. While they in return became the true underdogs of the season, they absolutely should have been eliminated a much longer time than they were eliminated in.

*major gap*

Jet & Cord: While they weren’t as bad as they were on TAR18, the Cowboys were still the same old Cowboys I hated back then at times. The fact that the casuals worship them is completely appalling, and I wish I never have to see them on TAR or any show ever again.

*deep deep deeper gap*

Dave & Connor: Not just the worst winners ever of The Amazing Race, but the worst team EVER. Dave & Connor were boring and annoying on TAR22 as well as horrible people (Cheating on Pam & Winnie at the Roadblock on Leg 4 :res:), and on TAR24 they not only became boring and annoying, they used hypocrisy and bullying to give them an even worse personality. Combine that with the constant “I’M SIXTY!!!!” from Dave, and the fact that they kept whining about the U-Turn for three consecutive legs, as well as launching a full on alliance to take out Brendon & Rachel for just U-Turning them, and even going on a full-on mockery of Brendon & Rachel in Switzerland, they are incredibly incredibly unbearable to watch. Not to mention being hypocrites, they whine about being U-Turned and using the U-Turn and then they U-Turn a team themselves? They are the worst parent-child team ever, and now, they are the worst winners ever, and Dave is the worst old person to run the Race and win, and they broke the Leg 3 curse too and the Roadblocks WTF Dave/Connor? At least now we never ever have to see them again. People might say I’m biased just because I love Brendon & Rachel, but back then, I liked Vanessa & Ralph. I thought they were a fun team at times, and their animosity with Rachel was mainly entertaining. Dave & Connor though are definitely Vanessa & Ralph 2.0, but without Vanessa’s ankle story (MUCH better story than an Achilles tendon definitely :res:) and their no-nonsense, get **** done attitude. So so so insufferable.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
Jamy were hideously boring so Dave/Connor rank above them anyways

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
SEASON 24 FINAL THOUGHTS:

*sighs* So TAR has successfully ended another season. It was a particularly horrible season, but nonetheless had it’s moments of greatness. Even before the season started, the WTF decisions made by TAR Producers were literal red flags to this season we would be subjected to. The fact that we had FOUR consecutive Double legs were ugh, but most importantly, when the Race started, we saw the cast for the very first time. And they surely brought back a lot of horrible choices. There were people thrilled with seeing Natalie/Nadiya, and surely a lot of people who hated having to deal with the Cowboys for a third time. More “WTF” casting decisions involved seeing Jessica/John and the Globetrotters. The boot list was horrible. Two true “All Star” teams were eliminated first, and we had perhaps the worst Final 6 ever of the show’s returning racer seasons. Not to mention the fact that the leg design was truly linear as hell for most of the legs. Leg 1 was basically a glorified luck task turned into a whole leg. Leg 7-8 had the same task pop out two weeks in a row. The Speed Bumps were TWICE delivering items. We even had a full task lifted directly from TARA and TARAUS! The finale was very linear and meh. The Amazing Race is supposed to be fun and good, and right now, it’s FAR from fun and good.

Season Grade: 4/10

NoluckBoston

Although its been broken before, it was nice to see the hometown curse come back into play.

I love it when Brendan and Rachel tried to steal the cab and it failed. Only to have there cab drive get worse! 

See you later Brendan and Rachel :waves:

MrDeerShank

*sighs* So TAR has successfully ended another season. It was a particularly horrible season, but nonetheless had it’s moments of greatness. Even before the season started, the WTF decisions made by TAR Producers were literal red flags to this season we would be subjected to. The fact that we had FOUR consecutive Double legs were ugh, but most importantly, when the Race started, we saw the cast for the very first time. And they surely brought back a lot of horrible choices. There were people thrilled with seeing Natalie/Nadiya, and surely a lot of people who hated having to deal with the Cowboys for a third time. More “WTF” casting decisions involved seeing Jessica/John and the Globetrotters. The boot list was horrible. Two true “All Star” teams were eliminated first, and we had perhaps the worst Final 6 ever of the show’s returning racer seasons. Not to mention the fact that the leg design was truly linear as hell for most of the legs. Leg 1 was basically a glorified luck task turned into a whole leg. Leg 7-8 had the same task pop out two weeks in a row. The Speed Bumps were TWICE delivering items. We even had a full task lifted directly from TARA and TARAUS! The finale was very linear and meh. The Amazing Race is supposed to be fun and good, and right now, it’s FAR from fun and good.

Please give us more of your insight - maybe a leg-by-leg breakdown? ;)

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
Also if anyone wants entertainment Marie's twitter is amazing AND she'll be on the reality recap tomorrow.

Yeap, she's almost on fire. :lol:
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
DELETE
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 09:38:52 PM by gamerfan09 »

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
Although its been broken before, it was nice to see the hometown curse come back into play.

I love it when Brendan and Rachel tried to steal the cab and it failed. Only to have there cab drive get worse! 

See you later Brendan and Rachel :waves:

This <3333

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Please give us more of your insight - maybe a leg-by-leg breakdown? ;)

Oh, that's coming! ;)

Offline runningblind

• RFF Full Member
  • Hope sir Terry had a pleasant talk with DEATH.

I actually didn't think that Jamy were bad winners, a bit boring but not bad winners.

This time through the finale I was trying to find out who would be the least worst winner and I came up with... Dave & Connor. To my surprise. I just couldn't stand Brenchel today (if I was the asian taxi driver I would just let them go somewhere on the way).

As for the past winners - I was happy to see Zach win ;) He should get something for doing everything for Flo ;D

Offline Felix

• RFF Full Member

Flo & Zach are actually one of the best winners of the Race.

Jason & Amy were actually good?
Zach did everything by himself. Flo just whined,cried and tried to make the team go down...Seemed like some racer from this season named Dave.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
As far as I can tell, Dave and Connor would have won their earlier season, and they justly deserved the second chance and proved it.

They won it fair and square without the accidential alliance bs. As to Brenchel, my opinion of them this season began to drop rapidly these last few legs and whiny Rachel came back to the fore, I couldn't stand hearing it.

As to the tasks, it wasn't all linear; there were chances at the David Copperfield roadblock and the subsequent Neon Graveyard for teams to shuffle position, as well as possibly being able to spot the sign pointing to the final location from the helicopters; and the taxis also did a bit of scrambling. It's just that the only time Dave-Connor fell behind was in the cab to the Mirage, and they were fast enough on that task to go from 5 minutes behind to a couple of minutes ahead. That said, they earned the win on the final leg.
-- theschnauzers

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
 :conf: :conf: GO DAVE & CONNOR!  :conf: :conf:

They are in some desperate need of love here :lol:

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
I think, after race, Cancer, don't win money, if was due Roadblock rule. CaroJen maybe wins the money. Or they don't got penalty?
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
Also if anyone wants entertainment Marie's twitter is amazing AND she'll be on the reality recap tomorrow.

Would anyone like to quote some of Marie's tweets (for those of us without a twitter).
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

NoluckBoston

I hope Dave and Connor get to come back again. They were so entertaining!  :hearts:

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
:conf: :conf: GO DAVE & CONNOR!  :conf: :conf:

They are in some desperate need of love here :lol:

:lol:
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 09:40:18 PM by gamerfan09 »

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
DWI xoxo

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 09:38:44 PM by gamerfan09 »

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
Congrats to Carojen and Brenchel for running fair races (:

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
:conf: Congrats to Dave & Connor for winning the race and being the first ever parent/child team to ever win the race! :conf:

LEG 12 (United Kingdom --> United States) EPISODE ANALYSIS:
I'm surprised we didn't get any live sightings for this Leg as the skydiving looked like a meteor falling from the sky (no news about it) and the "I" in The Mirage was light-less during the night :res:. In this "all-stars" finale, we've experienced illusions to illuminations, ad digging to diving, but it was just not enough to please our thriller TAR stimula. The finale fell short on having adventure locomotives instead of chauffeured transportation which defeated the constant changes in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. The Leg was just too linear for me that it really wasn't a good finale at all. The final task was lamely predictable since it is obvious the first helicopter to depart the business would drop its team member before the second one.

ROADBLOCK #1: (Who believes in magic and possibly sorcery?)
The first Roadblock of the episode was pretty cheesy, but nonetheless a linear task in general as it depended on who was able to open their ring of keys crate first. Don't have anything to say about this task, but "I :luvya: U DAVID COPPERFIELD!"
FIRST ROADBLOCK SCORE: 5/10

ROUTE INFO:
The Mirage sign lighting task was pretty good as it required speed in installing lightbulbs and memorization skills to explain how many lightbulbs teams used, but I wish it was a Roadblock instead just to make this task a little more challenging.
ROUTE INFO SCORE:8/10

ROADBLOCK #2: (Who wants to burn up the night?)
All I want to say for this Roadblock was, lame. Despite the futuristic skydiving suit creating a flashy and neat light show, this task was ultimately pointless as stated above, the first helicopter to depart will obviously drop the teammate in it first.
SECOND ROADBLOCK SCORE: 4/10

OTHER SCORES:
LEG DIFFICULTY: 5/10
TEAM DRAMA: 7/10
DAVID COPPERFIELD's ILLUSION: 8/10, I've seen more mind-blowing trickery at his MGM Grand venue. Believe me, it's worth the price and possibly even a discoun for what MGM really wants people to pay. ;)
WINNER SATISFACTORY: 5/10
FINALE OVERALL SCORE: 5/10

SEASON OVERALL SCORE: 3/10
(Sorry, I just didn't feel the effort put into this season. Every Leg of this season was just bland at some point and the "local" movie-style music didn't do this season any justice. Worst season I've watched. :([/size]
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline couchracer

• RFF Sr. Member
For a "linear" leg, first place changed frequently. May not love the winners,
but it was a flashy, watchable, Vegas ending. Enjoyable.

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES

Would anyone like to quote some of Marie's tweets (for those of us without a twitter).

"Dave should just take a nap while Connor screws those lightbulbs in"
"2 minutes in #achillescount = 2"
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
I think, after race, Cancer, don't win money, if was due Roadblock rule. CaroJen maybe wins the money. Or they don't got penalty?

Dave 5, Connor 8, that's exceeded Roadblock limit.
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies