Author Topic: AMAZING RACE MOVES TO FRIDAY NIGHT 8-9 PM  (Read 26151 times)

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: AMAZING RACE MOVES TO FRIDAY NIGHT 8-9 PM
« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2014, 09:35:08 AM »
I know CBS has already ordered 25 and 26 but I'm almost afraid to find out how much cheaper they can get in the name of budgeting.

Has S26 been ordered? I thought only one season (S25) has been ordered.
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2014, 03:39:35 PM »
After reading every single word on each post in this thread, everyone has indirectly taught me how — not only to become a lot more hopeful in the spirit of TAR — to be more optimistic about sudden events. I'm simply praying for Jerry Bruckheimer and his colleagues to get their best treats together by comprehending and really focus on what made TAR win nine Emmy Awards in a row and become a #1 hit during its 11-million-viewers golden age.

Onto the time slot change... earlier today, I made a poor, pessimistic choice by subconsciously freaking out about the change in schedule to what is known as a "show cemetery". After reading this thread, I thought, hey, it's the AUTUMN season, the birth of many hit comedies and cop dramas. They have to make room for new shows to be seen after the local news or Wheel of Fortune and whatnot since that's the key time slot for those shows to be seen. I have no problem on watching TAR on Fridays (some will disagree), and I'll check out Madam Secretary just to see how high it will rank on watchability since I confess, I enjoy The Mentalist on Sundays too. :-[

For this change, TAR will need to have a notable rise in ratings from 0.3 to even beating The Walking Dead, if possible, for the show to earn back the Sunday slot after 60 Minutes, and I cross my fingers tightly to hope TAR can pull this off. TAR's one of the reasons why I love exploring, traveling, and go adventure seeking around the U.S. now.

Now let's start popping our kettle corn and try (as hard as it may be to anyone) to cheer for the final three teams in tonight's Las Vegas finale. :hoot:
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: May 18, 2014, 03:54:12 PM »
Don't know where else to put this, but I did a ten-second research of Madam Secretary. Despite it being directed by Morgan Freeman, I think the show may garner up enough controversy because it's tailored with political biases that not many people hold to their preferences. I don't want to jeer the show because nobody has even seen the pilot and that would be extremely judgmental, but I feel TAR has fuel in their tank to outwit, outlast, and outplay (Survivor reference 101 :funny:) this new show style.
http://www.vulture.com/m/2014/01/tea-leoni-to-star-in-cbss-madam-secretary.html
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2014, 05:10:49 PM »
I know CBS has already ordered 25 and 26 but I'm almost afraid to find out how much cheaper they can get in the name of budgeting.

Has S26 been ordered? I thought only one season (S25) has been ordered.
Unlike Survivor, they never specifically say they've ordered two seasons.   It's always "TAR is renewed for next season."  So it's never clear until they're actually Racing in November for the Spring edition.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #54 on: May 18, 2014, 05:12:54 PM »
Don't know where else to put this, but I did a ten-second research of Madam Secretary. Despite it being directed by Morgan Freeman, I think the show may garner up enough controversy because it's tailored with political biases that not many people hold to their preferences. I don't want to jeer the show because nobody has even seen the pilot and that would be extremely judgmental, but I feel TAR has fuel in their tank to outwit, outlast, and outplay (Survivor reference 101 :funny:) this new show style.
http://www.vulture.com/m/2014/01/tea-leoni-to-star-in-cbss-madam-secretary.html

The trailer felt like a Scandal ripoff though :P

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2014, 06:47:51 PM »
I've got to say, I sort of saw this coming with the low ratings for All Stars. I hope that this is the kick in the butt that the producers needed to produce a great season of TAR and that they learn the lessons on went wrong, If they don't. I shudder to think what could happen.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2014, 06:52:41 PM »
And they should do what was success from TAR 17, TAR 12-14 TAR 5-7.
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #57 on: May 18, 2014, 06:53:24 PM »
And they should do what was success from TAR 17, TAR 12-14 TAR 5-7.

Don't forget TAR10 with it's amazing route.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline lumimoo

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2014, 06:54:47 PM »
CBS put Madam Secretary where it did because from their point of view, it pairs up well with The Good Wife. They have three shows on the shelf for mid-season; CSI:Cyber, The Mentalist, and Battle Creek. CSI:Cyber is currently scheduled to take the Sunday at 10pm time slot to be held by CSI, but who knows what they will do.

CBS is planning to have two seasons of TAR with the Undercover Boss season in between them. (Which fits because UB has difficulty filming more than 13 episodes a season due to the way that show is structured (A week of undercovering is actually more than that, because the logistics between cities otherwise doesn't work.)

Sunday has been more of a syndication farm for CBS to get some shows they own to syndication. I seriously doubt The Good Wife will be around for much longer, it's rates a fair bit lower in the 18-49 than TAR. It certainly won't be around long enough to get Madam Secretary to 88 episodes.

Even though the show has hit a rough patch, pulling a 1.7-2.0 without a football inflated lead in(60 minutes)(When football has been on) is a fantastic achievement for TAR, they won't get anything close to this again.

Consistently TAR has been the top rated primetime show on Sunday on CBS for so many years. Moving it is an incredibly bad move. Especially as The Good Wife and shows around it are old skewing.

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: May 18, 2014, 07:59:32 PM »
I've got to say, I sort of saw this coming with the low ratings for All Stars. I hope that this is the kick in the butt that the producers needed to produce a great season of TAR and that they learn the lessons on went wrong, If they don't. I shudder to think what could happen.

In my reminiscence all-star versions of TAR seem to be always low in ratings...
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #60 on: May 18, 2014, 08:03:45 PM »

In my reminiscence all-star versions of TAR seem to be always low in ratings...

that and the ratings have been steadily decreasing for the past 9 seasons.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Magnus

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #61 on: May 18, 2014, 08:06:21 PM »
It's nice that it will not be affected by football delays anymore at least

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #62 on: May 18, 2014, 08:06:44 PM »

That is a plus yes xD
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: May 19, 2014, 04:24:47 PM »

That is a plus yes xD
Agreed.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #64 on: May 19, 2014, 06:47:26 PM »
So, Phil mentioned on twitter how one of the reason CBS was moving S25 to Friday Night is that they wanted to get to younger viewers, he mentioned how they get messages of people around 15-25 years, and how they are unable to watch it because of school or work of monday morning...

I wonder if this will be a factor during the casting process... maybe getting younger racers so people can relate to them?  ???

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #65 on: May 19, 2014, 07:14:56 PM »
So, Phil mentioned on twitter how one of the reason CBS was moving S25 to Friday Night is that they wanted to get to younger viewers, he mentioned how they get messages of people around 15-25 years, and how they are unable to watch it because of school or work of monday morning...

I wonder if this will be a factor during the casting process... maybe getting younger racers so people can relate to them?  ???
Younger and more like average people AKA Justin & Jennifer or Kami & Karli style.

Offline APABLD

• RFF Jr. Member
    • adouangchak YouTube
« Reply #66 on: May 19, 2014, 10:34:16 PM »
This is going to be a very strange move for me. I live in Australia, so I usually watch an episode online after it airs in the US. Instead of watching it Monday afternoon, I'll be watching it Saturday afternoon. Not too bad- great way to start the weekend.

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #67 on: May 20, 2014, 01:59:43 AM »
This is going to be a very strange move for me. I live in Australia, so I usually watch an episode online after it airs in the US. Instead of watching it Monday afternoon, I'll be watching it Saturday afternoon. Not too bad- great way to start the weekend.
Forget Saturday afternoon, try Saturday morning live from the US.

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #68 on: May 21, 2014, 10:10:48 AM »

I'm the same, I'm in the UK and I watch it on a Monday afternoon along with The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones, but now it's just gonna feel strange watching it on a Saturday, along with the fact that I don't usually have much spare time at the weekend.   :groan:
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #69 on: May 22, 2014, 07:33:40 AM »

I thought young people would dine out on Friday night and they'd not watch TV by then...
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #70 on: May 22, 2014, 09:09:47 AM »

I thought young people would dine out on Friday night and they'd not watch TV by then...

I'm a young person (22), and although I watch the race religiously, I consider Friday nights one of my social nights out.  And I think the majority of young people would feel the same.
With all the different ways of being able to watch the race on Saturday E.g. CBS website for those in America, Streaming Websites, or even Youtube... They'll find some way of watching it so I don't think they'll mind missing it on the Friday night if they know there's plenty of ways on seeing on Saturday.

Anyway, my point is, I think Sunday nights were perfect! Even with all the delays.  :(
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline MikeDodgers

• RFF Jr. Member
  • PHINBELLA POWER!
« Reply #71 on: June 02, 2014, 06:01:20 PM »
YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! Last year, they move Five-O to Fridays. This year, they move Amazing Race to Fridays? That's 2 bad decisions in back to back years, CBS! Amazing Race was doing just fine on Sundays! Why mess with it?
"When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home....."

-Theme song from 'Full House' (1987-1995)

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #72 on: June 02, 2014, 06:33:38 PM »
The answer to ALL of your problems is: "Because of TAR24".