Author Topic: pre TAR 25 speculation+ Start Line DIscussion *Be a Part of History!*  (Read 95976 times)

Offline Oddarane

• RFF Full Member
  • Scandinavian Minister for the Amazing Race
Any idea when the next season starts filming?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 09:34:22 AM by georgiapeach »
\\\\\\\"The world is waiting for you. Good luck - travel safe - GO! - Phil Keoghan

Offline Cheesefeet

• RFF Jr. Member
They haven't updated the casting website which states that filing would take place in May or June. I am thinking it will probably be shortly after the finale or maybe the beginning of June. It can't come soon enough though. :)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
 :<3

nice new thread for y'all!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
Hoping for a far better season than the previous!
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
Ah! Yay, a TAR25 thread! Perfect timing.

So this might even be considered a spoiler, but Bertram Van Munster visited the Philippines two weeks ago.  TV5 welcomed him of course, like a courtesy call kind of thing.  So other than to chat about TARPh, some speculated that Bertram must have been in the Philippines scouting locations for TAR25.

And in this new commercial to promote TARPh2, Bertram mentions (TAR?) having been to the Philippines "several" times and saying "it's high time [they] came back."
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/CQfonAL8SCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/CQfonAL8SCs</a>

So TARUS' return to the Philippines may be very very soon.

Also interesting in that little interview with Bertram, he mentions casting being "the secret," I guess to a good show.  Heh, I guess he hasn't been following that advice considering the casts we've gotten on TARUS lately. lol
Hopefully TAR25 has an AMAZING cast.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 04:32:35 AM by dryedmangoez »

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
^Agreed and an amazing route to make up for this bleh route.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
If we have a leg in the Philippines, I hope they visit two areas in the Philippines. One Urban (Manila? idk lol) and one tropical. I think it would be the best way to showcase the Philippines as a beautiful country. And it would be potentially drama-filled too because right now, the temperature in the Philippines is at 33 degrees everyday and the heat might lead to meltdowns :lol:

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
If we have a leg in the Philippines, I hope they visit two areas in the Philippines. One Urban (Manila? idk lol) and one tropical. I think it would be the best way to showcase the Philippines as a beautiful country. And it would be potentially drama-filled too because right now, the temperature in the Philippines is at 33 degrees everyday and the heat might lead to meltdowns :lol:
They will have to go to Tuguegarao then.  Hottest city in the Philippines!

I hope it's a Westbound route if they really are going to the Philippines (whether TAR25 or TAR26).  They need as many teams in the Philippines as possible, not just four like TAR5. :hoot:

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
I imagine budget cuts are coming, so that's factored into the analysis below.

I do agree Philippines is highly overdue, and we'll be seeing two legs there next season, perhaps as the starting country. In recent years, the location of the final leg determines the route direction (westward or eastward) of the race. Since TAR 13, only 14, 16, 17, 20, and 23 traversed eastward because the finales were in Alaska, Hawaii, or the West Coast. The odds are favoring a Midwest/East Coast finish.

Other countries I'm favoring: 2 legs in India (classic destination that hasn't been featured in a while). Bangkok is a good transit point and it's been a while since Thailand, so let's add that in. 5 legs in Asia, which is good enough already.

Europe would be 4 legs. Rule out UK, Spain, Italy, Switzerland, Portugal, Norway, Austria, Norway. This leaves France as a probable penultimate leg, a possible leg in Germany right before, and two other legs somewhere away from Western Europe. The Baltics are probably nice this time of the year.

In addition to Europe and Asia, two legs in Africa are likely if TAR doesn't want to lose further favor with its audience. They can be anywhere where there isn't unrest going on. I would strongly consider the duo of Durban/Cape Town if I were the producers, though I still hope for a new country at some point before TAR goes off the air...

Lastly, I wouldn't mind if TAR only had 10 teams per race and the first leg was always TBC/NEL. The 11th team usually doesn't make an impression, and it's an easy way to reduce costs. With the way casting is going lately, fewer teams is probably better.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 12:12:27 PM by Caelestor »

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
I like your analysis, Caelestor, and guessing will have 5 legs in Asia. South Korea could be the starting country, with direct flights to Seoul from Los Angeles. Despite Seoul be the first destination, I agreed on that.

Dryedmangoez, I also like the Philippines and I agreed on it, after having not visited since TAR5, Manila would have a chance to scout of one of the Philippine legs. Being a Filipino and I will give support to my country.

Europe's good too and will given 3-4 legs. Hungary would be good and it never had its full leg on American TAR. Finland never have had a full leg before, despite the last visit had no Pit Stop. Belgium is more possibly and Germany could be ruled out like the UK, Spain, Switzerland, Italy, Austria, Norway and Portugal. Belgium is a good location in Western Europe, it could have a leg there and was last visited in TAR 19. This would be the second country that debuted from TAR 19 after an overused Indonesia.

I bet there is a chance to have South America for the Penultimate Leg, this rules out Chile, and Peru would be possible.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 11:01:54 PM by claude_24hrs »

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
Hungary was visited by TAR in season 6 having two legs there (episodes 6 and 8, the first as the second part of the one started in Germany and the second leg full in that country - the famous spicy soup RB included -).
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I would not be surprised if this season was another all stars or newbies.
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

MrDeerShank

What else would it be? A herd of donkeys running the race?

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I would be surprised if it was fans vs favs

Bring back brooke and claire
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
I have heard something about the show moving to Fridays. If so that works out well for me (I can watch live on Saturday morning) but I don't think it's a good sign. Maybe CBS think by putting it on a night with an older demographic, TAR can be #1 in the 18-49 demographic (and their 18-49 numbers were lacking on the original Sunday time-slot)

If I can find a source then I will show it.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
Sorry

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
I was bored and compiled most of everything said in this thread. So here you go:

TASKS & ROUTE MARKERS
- a good, difficult, confusing finale memory challenge
- increase number of U-Turns, and/or bring back Yield, Intersection, Hazard, and single U-Turns
- a difficult starting line task
- increase the number of night legs
- increase self-navigation and self-driving
- bring back the departure time slots for the next day of the earlier seasons
- odd eliminations (e.g. at Keep Racing legs, double-elimination at Leg 11)
- remove Keep Racing legs if it's not going to be a double-length leg with a bunching transportation in between.
- choose another starting line city
- visit new countries and one-time visited countries more
- no linear tasks, get tasks that are confusing and would take timeand change placements (and not 5-minute tasks where teams finish in the order they went in. IIRC, they used to cut those out of the episode, and now...)
- increase difficulty of all tasks, especially Fast Forwards
- present Fast Forward as a strategic option rather than an auto-first place button. And never just have ONE Fast Forward per season (e.g. 4 to 6)
- try a season of not visiting Asia
- allow teams the more freedom of choice for transportation

EDITING
- more than one-hour premieres (1.5 or 2 hours long) that features only the first leg, making it a difficult one.
- return the suspenseful and grandeur feeling of the music of the pre-S18 seasons.
- DO NOT encourage team theme songs
- add effects akin to TAR Canada and TAR Australia
- don't skip any teams' arrival and finishes in tasks and clue boxes, I mean c'mon.
- don't cut the intro's team montage
- equal airtime for teams

OTHERS
- the location signpost at each pit stop.
- return of the Elimination Station.
- Behind the Scenes type of program for TAR
- make clues so teams actually have to decipher them.
- allow teams to find a Fern (a local tag-along helping a team)
- allow teams to interact with each other during downtime and show some of it
- add a fresh twist per season
- cut teams evenly (e.g. for production-provided flights) but never too far apart

CASTING
- change of mechanics of casting the teams
- increase everyday people teams and decrease used-to-camera teams or pro-athlete teams
- return of teams from the very early seasons for an All Star season (S1-S13, S19)
- increase number of all-female teams per season (constant number 4 MM teams, and a record 8 MF teams in S6)

A compilation from the "Changes Viewers would like to see" thread. My spec is... maybe TAR might follow some/most of these.
Look at the 2-hour finale thread someone posted, and the rest added their complains there. My guess is... TAR saw it, and so they turned TAR24's finale into a 1 leg/hour finale.
Those I speculate might be done this coming season are boldfaced from the quote.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
I have heard something about the show moving to Fridays. If so that works out well for me (I can watch live on Saturday morning) but I don't think it's a good sign. Maybe CBS think by putting it on a night with an older demographic, TAR can be #1 in the 18-49 demographic (and their 18-49 numbers were lacking on the original Sunday time-slot)

If I can find a source then I will show it.
;no :'( As much as Friday nights seem like a good idea, it's ultimately the usual time slot where SERIES ARE CANCELLED! Ever heard of the "Friday night death slot"? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friday_night_death_slot#CBS
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
We are talking about the timeshift here! :waves:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,30000.0.html
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
Because the interview with Phil said, "new faces, new places," I'm hoping that they visit new countries, countries visited once, AND new destinations in "usual" countries. It would be appreciated if said destinations are culturally inspiring and make people rethink how they view a particular country or two. I also think that it will be all newbies this season, based on the statement.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax